You are not connected. Please login or register

An Important Revelation (Plot/Duq)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

In the southern region of the capital of reim was one of the buildings that served as a station for the group known as the unity corp. They served to protect the government and the leaders of the country. Lately the Corp have been in an uproar of what was happening with senators and councilmen dying left and right. They knew bits and pieces but was still missing a majority of the puzzle.

THeir doors were open and there was a corp member working a desk that was dealing with people who may have information on deaths of the councilmen and senators that have happened lately. Sadly none that talked to them had anything that was of any help yet.

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Zion was wrapped up in his traveler's cloak with the hood drawn over his head as he quickly walked down Remano's streets. The figure he cut was somewhat conspicuous. With the hood hiding his face it made him seem like he was up to no good and yet still the magician choose to walk straight into the Unity Corps headquarters. The guards were uneasy as he passed through the doors, but this was the very heart of their organization's power. If anyone were foolish enough to start trouble here they would soon find themselves subject to the might of the entire military force the Unity Corps could muster. Even the strongest of warrior would likely fall at the hands of and entire battalion of humans, magicians, fanalis, and imuchakk working together as a united front.

Zion stopped when he entered and looked around before his eyes fell upon the desk where information was being gathered. There was nobody present giving out intel so the young traveler approached without having to wait and directly sat down. "This is where people can provide information regarding certain ongoing investigations, correct?" The magician asked with a grim expression. The sights he'd seen at the farmhouse were still vivid in his mind. Once corps member opposite of him confirmed, Zion would wave his hand whilst the other hand grasped his wand hidden beneath his robes. A screen of light appeared in the air before him and displayed to the soldier the same clairvoyance driven images he had extracted from the crime scene. Once the replay of events was finished and the screen of light faded, Zion let the corps member have a moment to digest what he'd just seen before speaking up.

"This is the true nature of those insect attacks. These are not random accidents caused by a natural swarm of creatures, but the magical makings of a man. Unfortunately, my spell is unable to identify who is behind the attack. They were standing too far away from the corpses for me to capture an image of their face...but the fact that someone was behind the attack is hard to deny."

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The corp member would look up to see a bizarre looking man in front of her. It was not often that someone hiding there appearance would come here but that was nothing to really be concerned about. She would sit there as the man spoke before replying "Yes we are here to collect any information that you are able to provide." She sounded uninterested despite her use of words, it was uncommon to get information from a citizen that is actually useful to their job. However, she would perk up when she saw the image and information he showed. She would get up before talking again "This information is of great use to is, we thank you for this and i request that you speak to my captain about this, please follow me"

She would lead him down a hall taking him into a room on the right if he would chose to follow her. The room is an office that is bleak and bare besides a desk with a pile of paperwork. Sitting at the desk was a man in a white suit with a golden mask. "Captain Trajan, this man has information pertaining to the investigation you are leading." The man would look up and wave the woman away after thanking her.

"Please sir take a seat. I am Trajan of the Unity corp. I would like you to tell me what you just told her if you dont mind.""

Unity Captain Trajan:

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Zion hesitated at the woman's request to follow her. He was wary of being suspected or even that someone within the Corps might be responsible for the attacks themselves. But he stamped down the paranoia in his heart and followed with a silent nod. Down the hall and into a spartan office, Zion found himself face to mask with Trajan. "I'd like to stand if that's alright." the cautious kitsune said from under the shadow of his hood. "You may know me by my coliseum name, Swordking. I am conducting an investigation of my own into the magic tool monopoly being orchestrated by the Remano Aurelius League and Magnostadt. Are you familiar with it?" The magician waited for Trajan to respond briefly and then continued.

"While looking into insect attacks on a councilman that opposed granting Magnostadt exclusive rights over the market, I stumbled onto this."

Zion waved his hand and once more displayed a screen of light. The sounds of flesh being stripped away and screams was omitted, but the gruesome visuals were more than enough to show Trajan what had been uncovered by Zion's clairvoyance magic. "The caster of the spell that controls these insects was not close enough to be recorded by my spell. But it is clear from the images that these are not a natural swarm, but rather constructs born of magic. Most likely, life magic. If you have any suspects proficient in life magic, I suggest you redouble your efforts in investigating them."

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Trajan would nod as the man chose to stand and began talking. "I am not in charge of that investigation but i have heard of it. The unity corp members investigating that may be able to help since you seem to have a nice start in that investigation. As for your title, i do not get caught up in things such as the fights so that name has no meaning but it is a pleasure to meet you none the less."

He would perk up as the mention of the insects. "Yes this is the information i had been needing to connect this. What i am about to tell you cant leave this room. Normally i wouldnt tell others but you have gotten caught up in this now and deserve to know. It looks like the man behind these attacks is the same that took claim but we did not have solid evidence on this. There is a man who has been targetting the government and those connected to them. This is a man by the name of Julius. We do not have much information on him. This information has helped put pieces together and i thank you for that. We would like your help in further matters with Julius when you have time if you are interested."

This man seemed more earnest and talkative now that justice was being talked about. It was clear justice was his sole goal in this life and trying to protect those he promised to serve.

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Zion's eyes flashed with intrigue under the cover of his low hanging hood when the man spoke on the matter of magic tool monopolies. He was not involved in the investigation, but that implied that there was one. The magician made a note of it in his mind to inquire about that further once the bug business was settled. Trajan seemed excited at the revelations the news brought and shared what else was known about the case. But alas, the only real new piece of information was a name. Julius. Zion frowned slightly and brought a delicate hand up to his chin. The porcelain-like fingers rubbed his chinas the magician sank into deep thought. He had come here to pass on what he found, not get further involved in the drama of Reiman politics and power struggles. His plan was to leave Reim soon and getting wrapped up in more trouble would make that difficult. But on the other hand, the Corps might have more information on Zion's own investigation. If one wanted something then a mutual exchange was best. Perhaps he could enlist the Unity Corps into helping him curb Aggripica's subversive actions.

"I'll be honest with you, Trajan...I do not wish to get too deeply involved...If you have proof that this Julius is acting on behalf of Magnostadt then I can't overlook it. But if he is just a rogue magician, it isn't my responsibility to deal with him. That said, I wish to ask for your help in choking the flow of Magnostadt magic tools into the market as well as to connect me with someone who I could work with to establish Reim's own magic tool production. If you can assist me in this and share your organization's information regarding the monopoly attempt...I will agree to help you with what I can regarding this insect user whilst I remain in Reim."

The hesitance in Zion's words were reflected in his tone, but ultimately he resolved to offer some assistance if Trajan was capable of meeting his conditions. If the masked man could not, however, Zion was prepared to leave empty handed. His own ambitions and safety took priority at the moment.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Trajan would look at the swordking before responding, "If you are not interested in this that is fine, there is no need to get entangled in these matters any further. Your information has been a huge help as is." He would reach out in an offer to shake the man's hand.

"The Unity corp would be interested in providing assistance in the magic tools situation you have brought up although you will have to contact the people in charge, i am not sure who is leading that as i am busy with this. I am sorry that I could not have been of more help with this Mr. SwordKing." he would say before sitting back down at his desk to go back to work.

This seemed to be all that he could talk about either situation but made it clear that when he begins his investigation he could rely on the unity corp for assistance.

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Trajan's response made it clear that this man had only a burning resolve to end the crisis at his finger tips and had little time to spare for anything else. The magician could understand and only smiled at the sight of the commander throwing himself fully into his work. It was time for Zion to do the same. "No need to apologize sir. I'll be on my way then...I wish you luck in your investigation Trajan." The cloaked youth then stood and gave a polite bow in the masked man's direction. Leaving him that parting wish, Zion straightened himself out and headed for the door.

The offer to work with the unity corps was appealing to Zion. Rather than leave the organization head quarters directly. Zion returned to the reception area and asked around about the magic tool investigation Trajan had mentioned. He waited until he could meet with someone and explained to them what he knew about the conspiracy. The secret of the mind controlling rings was revealed as well as the plan to deal with them at the party being held the following night. With just one day to prepare and limited credibility Zion faced skepticism and left the Unity Corps without a clear answer if they could commit to the plan. After all, several Councilmen were present and if Zion's intel were false it would be hard to explain the Unity Corps intrusion on their private event. He exited the building saying that they had a day to consider and left behind the declaration, "Believe me or don't, but either way I am ending Agrippica's ambitions and exposing the his master's identity!"

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum