Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1An Enemy Without [NoM] Empty An Enemy Without [NoM] 05/03/22, 06:50 am

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Job Info:

ZUZU MANSUR

I cannot understand this,’ A list with names crossed out sat upon the desk in front of Zubaidah. ‘I thought that we had found out the problem!’ She slammed her fist upon Flavrian’s desk, the list falling onto the carpet. ‘You and Anna were supposed to be safe, not still under threat!

I think that the murders of Councilmen are unrelated with the Senate.’ Flavrian looked concerned, but it was a gentle concern that seemed more for Zubaidah than himself or Anna. ‘So we must contend with some murderer and the Senate as well?’ She shook her head with defiance, or perhaps exhaustion, her hands balled into fists.

When does it end?

It does not end.

I have dedicated myself in service of Reim, first upon the battlefield and then within the Senate.’ He looked Zubaidah straight in the eye, and Flavrian spoke words that she did not expect to hear. ‘It needs change.

What are you saying?’ She was unsure whether Flabrioan was turning his back upon Reim, or asking for something worse, but her tongue flickered with diluted venom. ‘You cannot be saying that murder is the right method for change, can you?

I am a soldier at heart, Zubaidah.’ She might have thought her poison watered down, but he had felt it tingle upon his skin. ‘I would never condone such under-handed methods. I would much rather face the enemy upon the battlefield.

But who is the enemy?

If there are issues within and without, what does it matter that the system is turned inside-out?’ He held her gaze steadfast, his foot coming down upon the list. ‘Reim is threatened from all sides, would you not agree?

In other words, there is a war over Reim’s existence, and the enemy is Reim itself.

Are you listening to yourself?’ She cast a glance towards his boots, watching the list crumpled into scraps. ‘It is the Senate that has caused Reim’s problems, not Reim itself.’ As his gaze moved towards the list as well, Zubaidah found that Flavrian was not listening anymore, absorbed within his own thoughts. ‘I understand that you are scared, but you should not cast the blame to anyone but the Senate.

Seeing that Flavrian was occupied with other thoughts, Zubaidah sighed and left the room, a folder of information under her arm. As the door closed, however, Flavrian looked towards a shelf behind, taking a booklet dog-eared from excessive reading.

Beneath was an opened letter, which started:

Angelus Spinam, Chairman of the Angelist Party wrote:
Dear Flavrian,

It is my pleasure to formally invite you to the Angelist Party…
200/200 | 434/500 | 315/315

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum