The Missing Children [Sabin/B-tier/Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sabin

Sabin
β-Tier
β-Tier

mission
Spoiler:

It's been about a day since the fight at Yamagata village and Sabin taking out three of the members of the dynasty of the flame. Perhaps people needed a bit of a break and wanted to try to make things a little more normal for a change. Besides getting a warm cooked meal, Sabin used this time to meet with the village chief and Lang-Fei over the problem that happened soon after Lang-Fei left for the main capital of Kou a few days ago. It seemed that besides the self-sustainment of agricultural products that the town hand that was destroyed by the original flame priests, they didn't have much to appease the dynasty of flame afterward. The only thing that the dynasty of flame seemed to care about was profit, and they did see profit in the village. Not in the destroyed units, but their young. The dynasty of flame was into kidnapping people and the perception is that those taken will be funneled into underground slavery when given the chance. But with the number of people that were sent, they must have taken as much as they could with as little as possible because the village wasn't fighting back.

"And that's the current situation at hand."

Lang Fei grits her teeth and slammed her fist on the table counter.

"It drives me insane. What cruelty, what madness. Why  didn't you guys stop them and protect the children?"

"And what would you do Lang-Fei, fight them? You saw those flame-producing machines that they had. You saw how they were willing to set your uncle ablaze when he tried to stand up to them. After witnessing such a death, did you think that anyone else would be willing to fight after that? "

Shaking his head, Sabin seemed to understand why it went down the way that it did.

"The chief has a point. There is also the aspect of fear and the lack of morale with this happing right after the village was attacked. I would say that this is a coordinated effort, but there is a high chance that both groups are unrelated to each other.  They invertedly took the path of least resistance by profiting off of your pain. "

Thinking back to what happened to her family member shocked, the young woman to her core. She was trembling, her body probably remembers how it felt to see her dear uncle who raised her rolling around the floor to his last breath.

"Then, what should we do? How can we find them?"

Bringing out a small map, Sabin placed it on the table and made a small circle.

"We are here, and the  dynasty of flame came from there..."

Sabin said as he made a line in a certain direction.

"With my skills, I should be able to track down where the dynasty of flame is holding up a temporary camp. There is a lot of people they are trying to hear and they should be waiting for the others who failed to come back. If I use this time to track them as quickly as possible, we might still be able to save the others. That's what's important right? Reclaim the rest of the members of your village so that they return to their families safe and sound. "

Sabin didn't lose sight of what was important, he believed that as long as the people could be saved, there was no need to despair over anything else.

"I'll start packing and leave in an hour. I may need some food and water for the trip, but as much as you can spare. It's not for me, of course...."

They understood that once Sabin finds the camp and takes out the bandits, there was a fair chance that the captured villagers who were being prepped as slaves were being kept in less than favorable conditions. With the extra food that Sabin was bringing from the village, he would be able to feed them and maybe get their strength back up to travel back without any sort of trouble. Leaving anyone behind was out of the question, not after they endured so much if Sabin could help it.

With Sabin set to track down the dynasty of flame bandits, he began his journey by tracking the hoves of the bandits that came around the ton the other day. Luckily for Sabin, he was a world-renowned tracker and things like this came to him more naturally than most. In addition to that, Sabin planned out the route of where they supposedly went, so he had a few sections of the Kou land to check to see if he could track down the bandit camp and the captured villagers.

With a few hours passing by, Sabin finally dismounted and left the food near the horse. He wasn't a master beast tamer like the rest of his family, but he hoped that the horse would stay put once the fighting started. Giving it some food to take its' focus away seemed to do the trick as Sabin went ahead to investigate the silhouettes that he saw on the way of riding to the specific area.

Pulling out his swarm bow, Sabin aimed at both of the enemies by using double impact being scaled along with trick shooter being scaled as well. Instead of both of the arrows going in one direction, with the trick shot amplifying the arrows, they curved and aimed themselves right at the heads of two of the B-tier disciples of the flame.  This did A-tier damage and pierced their skulls and light armor, as well as being a very quiet kill that allowed Sabin to infiltrate the camp. It seemed that there were only two guards at the moment, so he wondered if the rest of them went out to hunt or something of the sort. At the very least, it was best to ask the villagers that were held captive there.

With Sabin approaching, a few of them made a few wails as if they were expecting any sort of abuse from the captors. However, after taking a good look at the young man, it was easy to see that he was not one of the bandits. "Where are the keys?" They looked at each other before one of them spoke up. "Are you here to rescue us?"

"I am.... but I need to get you out of this cage first."

The man who spoke up pointed in the direction of a few horse tracks.

"It seemed that they decided to hunt some rabbits or something... I'm not sure how much time has passed but they left...maybe an hour ago?"

Using Slime time, Sabin decided to take his chances with the cage himself, covering himself with slime magic and striking the lock. With The slime time belt, Sabin's basic attacks would now deal B-tier ability damage and were powerful enough to shatter the lock with a single punch. "Follow me. if you are injured, use some of the sticks and planks or whatever available to support your body. We have a long way back to Yamagata village."

They moved quickly, sensing his sense of urgency. As long as sabin was concerned, their safety was a priority. He wasn't in the business of picking random fights and he figures that he wanted to be gone before any reinforcements show up. Upon walking a little more closer to his horse, they would also notice that there was a big bag of food made of the same knapsack material that was commonly found in Yamagata village. "Rations, eat in small bites and try to move and eat. If we have to sleep at night, we will do so. However, this is a big crowd so it's not like it'll be hard to notice. We shouldn't draw attention to ourselves.

With the half a day of travel or a little more due to Sabin wanting to make sure that no one was left behind, everyone scattered about to their homes with the parent having a facial expression of relief. Sabin was also relieved that he managed to move and usher through a group with a route that he made up as a last-minute plan. He figured that there was going to be more of a dangerous fight, but taking the time to escape instead brought back more results.

"You did it!"

Lang-Fei came back with the chief, who was just as surprised as she was that Sabin managed to complete the job. He spoke up immediately, thinking of how to pay the man after everything he accomplished.

"I'm sorry, Sabin. I wish that the town of Yamagata had more to offer to our savior, but we have no sort of money or funds that we could spare. " Thinking back, Sabin felt that it was unwise to simply take from their disaster relief Huang if they did have anything stashed over.

"Don't worry about it, just don't forget about me. "

1500/1500

Spoiler:

Magoi  200/210
Stamina 180/ 225

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum