2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

2The  Inherent Black Empty Re: The Inherent Black 03/02/22, 06:51 pm

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

deep black ocean: Unfortunately, that wouldn't be accepted here. When mentioned before in creations discussion, we said that the discounts had to be something very specific. It can't be based on all things that require magoi to cast. In addition to that, it' 3/4ths at b-tier and half cost at A-tier. You would have to invest more points if you wanted half cost towards something. This ratio is based on past approvals, which inadvertently is becoming a standard.

Meditative restore: A one for one? Stamina for Magoi? Not sure, I'll bite anyway and say that if.......this cannot be done in combat or you just cross your legs in the middle of a fight, it's good. You must be out of active combat in order to do this, aka (rest). in addition to that, since it's D-tier, your conversion won't be instant, you'll have to sit there for a couple more posts

I might even just rule on it using dot ratios and say it's 20 for 20 once per post. Being attacked or disrupted in any way would break your concentration. Theory-wise, plot-related.. i'd say that your mysticism for the meditative state should work in reverse...magoi for stamina instead of vice versa because would of taught you that? it's like a magician thing.

So I also request the description be a little longer and mention that someone or "something" taught you that method when you was MIA in the mysterious dungeon.

that's all for now

4The  Inherent Black Empty Re: The Inherent Black 03/02/22, 08:53 pm

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Strange? No, you're the first to do it so we are playing all of this by ear. I didn't say "no", I just said that as a pioneer with that specific trait or aka, a method that no one else is doing. "should this be allowed? how do we regulate to make sure it's balanced and the player is still satisfied", all these questions every creation mod will ask themselves. I'm trying to give you a fair shake, regardless of the speculations.

As 1 for 1 mana restoration, you would be breaking ground. It's different from absorption from an omega tier metal vessel, and it's not like Merrie's curse mark where you blocked off reserves and have some crazy curse magic shenanigans. Now, why can't you do this during combat? It's a meditative state, there is no real mid-combat meditation where you can do a 1 for 1 reserve switch. If you are going the meditation route, this can't be done in battle. It doesn't make sense to me per say for you to be able to meditate in the middle of combat.

Outside of the djinn, most regenerations involve food and rest through tents. We never said it's not possible, but the method has to make sense and be excusable for the purpose you are using it for, Meditating in the middle of combat is a no-go.

I'm aloof about your background involving meditation, but observations from a warrior standpoint, magoi is a universal reserve. It makes more sense "to me" for the magoi to be sacrificed in order to give you supernatural conditioning or aka, return your stamina reserves. the "it's like a magician thing" was just some old conversation i had with garret when he was running warrior magician back in the days and was thinking how to compensate for magicians constitution. That's all that was. Magoi has a multitude of uses.

Vice versa, stamina is not as universal, so there would have more of a plot-related pull in order to explain that. I still said I'd humor it anyway, If you want to be resistant to that description or an extra sentence that's fine, the freshest plot tool I know about you at the time was the mia status in the dungeon and it something i could see that you learned during the (months? years?) you were stuck there. But you don't got to do that.

everything else... i mean ill just say this.

By specifics, if you said: only magoi manipulation - id be like "ok", want it only for your specific mv and say you have attuned to the magoi regulation of your metal vessel so that the prices cost less, ok. Can't be across the board but if you focus on one thing its fair game.

3/4's the price= a 40 magoi ability will cost 30<< at this rate, I'll allow sustaining to continue to give you half the reserve cost if you keep it at B-tier

At a-tier= 40 magoi ability will cost 20<< however, sustain won't half the price as usual. That's my decision on balancing it.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

6The  Inherent Black Empty Re: The Inherent Black 03/05/22, 12:55 am

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

thats fine, approved. but next time, please post it up in the review of the creation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum