Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Linothorax of Reim [For Ares' Cursus]:

Ares' Cursus
Tier: B-Tier
Type: Supplementary
Range: Self
Requirements/Drawbacks: User must clench his fist initially to begin surging the reinforced magoi coat along his skin to protect from foreign magoi interference.
Scaling: Layers
Sustain: 0
Cool Down: 3
Cost: 15 Magoi
Description:
    Upon cast of this ability, reinforced magoi begins to run through the veins of the user and the user receives a special magoi coat to specifically protect from foreign magoi interference. It causes foreign and outside magoi to be unable to penetrate his body for 3 posts. It may only protect against one instance up to A-Tier of outside magoi before being undone.

Primus Reflexus
Class: Body Manipulator
Requirements/Drawbacks: User must flex their arms to activate the ability.
Scaling: Tier
Cost: 30 Stamina
Description:
    User is capable of lightning quick reflexes with the limbs affected and can react to lightning speed with the affected limbs. Base limbs affected without Scaling are the head and arms. It is active for 3 posts. However, this does not increase travel speed, even with legs affected. It only allows the legs to react but not travel at lightning speed within their standard travel speed.

Aquilae Oculos
Requirements/Drawbacks: User must strain his eyes for the duration of the ability. It may cause minor D-Tier pain within his eyes when the ability is not active for the following post.
Scaling: Duration
Description:
    User strains their eyes to be able to see and follow speeds that may otherwise be difficult to see with the naked eye. User is capable of seeing blurs clearly and keep up with lightning or instant like speed regardless of tier of said speed for 3 post with his eyes.

Aureum Impulsum
Tier: A-Tier
Class: Warrior
Type: Offensive
Range: Medium
Requirements/Drawbacks: User must touch an object and imbue magoi into the said object. Magicians are capable of seeing the rukh stored within any said object affected by the ability.
Scaling: Hits
Cool Down: 4
Cost: 40 Magoi
Description:
    User imbues an object with his magoi, and has the magoi remain dormant within the object for the post that the object is imbued. It then may release the magoi the following post at the user's will to deal A-Tier magoi damage. If extra magoi is stored within the object via Scaling, the object may release an extra A-Tier instance of magoi to deal further damage. If the magoi is released with contact to a target, the magoi will spread out up to 5m onto the target. It may only release the magoi when the user is within 40m of the object. If said object or object(s) exceed 40m from the user, the magoi will be expelled. It may not imbue magoi into items with magic seals not of the user's own. If the object becomes object(s) then the magoi transfers but will deal divided damage depending on the object(s) quantity. If the divided object(s) reunite, they will return to original damage and deal original damage once the magoi is expelled.

Occisor Rugiet Maximum
Requirements/Drawbacks: User must open their mouth and suck in a deep breath of air. They must use a hand as a funnel vacuum to better capture the air.
Scaling: If an extra 10 stamina is spent, the user may interrupt all abilities A-Tier and lower and actions.
Cool Down: 3 Posts
Description: The user must open their mouth and scream at top of their lungs. By manipulating their vocal chords, they are able to let out a loud and thundering deep sound roar away from them that will stagger targets, interrupting all other abilities B-Tier and lower and actions that are not the user's within 10 meters of the user for the duration of the post unless a person's ears were covered with their hands beforehand.

Sonus
Tier: C-Tier
Requirements/Drawbacks: User must click their tongue. It cannot function within open fields or open areas where there is nothing to bounce sound off.
Cool Down: 2 Post
Cost: 20 Stamina
Description: User may click their tongue, and with echolocation, learn where a target, object, or attack is within 15m. It functions by manipulating the ear to be sensitive to sounds and sound waves that interact with the environment. It relies on having objects or a target to bounce off of the sound of said click can touch.

Aerem
Tier: D-Tier
Requirements/Drawbacks: User must place a hand over mouth and nose to start the ability.
Cool Down: 1 Post
Cost: 10 Stamina
Description: User can morph a filter made of a thin layer of flesh on his hand on his nose and mouth that can filter out harmful gases and anything not safe breathable air. It takes D-Tier damage to break the filter.

Last edited by Angelus on 27/02/22, 02:57 pm; edited 10 times in total

2Dystatos Rekhulum Empty Re: Dystatos Rekhulum 15/01/22, 07:55 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ares' Cursus: Lack all clashing I would say this is subject to saying it blocks a single interference of up to A-tier as it is a clash of a type but the constant glow can follow.

Aureum Impulsum: Is the scaling release effect meant to be the Second A-tier effect that A-tier magoi abilities get?

3Dystatos Rekhulum Empty Re: Dystatos Rekhulum 15/01/22, 08:06 pm

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Ares' Cursus - Do you mean that you'd like there to be a clash effect like a glowing? I am a bit confused by wording of what you said. Also, you're saying that this can instead block a single instance of up to A-Tier? I will edit that then.

Aureum Impulsum - It has the release effect and then Scaling enables the use of a second or third even release/expel of magoi via the Scaling. I did not really even have in mind a 2nd A-Tier effect. If there is one you can think of for this then I'd be glad to hear, but I am happy with this. If anything, the 2nd A-Tier effect could be the spread of magoi. Although, within this version, the spread is not very extensive.

4Dystatos Rekhulum Empty Re: Dystatos Rekhulum 15/01/22, 09:12 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

1. That was all I was saying, that it should follow general clashing rules which is what it should take that effect of up to A-tier to reflect that, sorry for the extra wording and confusion. Extend duration to 4 posts

2.Well I was wondering because it was a strange effect of having a delay as most of the time magoi manipulation so I would think storing your magoi in something could prevent the flow of foreign magoi into it of up to one instance to try and block easier clashing. I will not lie though ranged magoi abilities can be hard as most require force to seem to continue the magois transfer such as my rock throw, the first harpoon, my shockwave moves. This could be fine but this could require it to be in contact with another person's magoi source or maybe just by the object being on the ground within area of you. I'm only saying this as staff has had debated these types of abilities somewhat and I do not know what other staff may say in their grading, keep in mind this is just a suggestion for now.

5Dystatos Rekhulum Empty Re: Dystatos Rekhulum 15/01/22, 09:19 pm

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

I edited with part of your suggestion. I edited Ares' Cursus so I think that should be okay.

6Dystatos Rekhulum Empty Re: Dystatos Rekhulum 21/01/22, 09:57 pm

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ares' Cursus: fine from my understanding if the tldr is " can soak up to 1 A-tier of magic per Layer. " What you need to understand that as a supplementary (not a defense ability) that only functions as anti-magic if people start throwing hands and do moves that don't use magic, your shield won't block that.

As long as you know this, approved

Primus Reflexes: It's rank representative, just be mindful that this is a B-tier reaction on paper. Otherwise, this is good. approved

Aquilae Oculos: I wouldn't really call reaction tiers and sensory uncharted territory, but i always try to make clear what a person's strike zone is and that they understand it before moving forward. Would you be able to keep up with knux's Zoran step and Ani's rainbow blink with this B-tier ability? No. However, if the source tier is equal to or lower than this, you can keep up with it. Might need to combo with primus if your eyes can keep up but your body can't.

Aureum Impulse: i peep your requirements. add that you can't use this on magic items/weapons n that are owned by opponents. The magic symbol on those doesn't interact that well with literal raw anti-magic, so you can't just overcharge other people's things. I guess some foreign objects around the battlefield is ok, and even your own magic weapons/tools and w.e TLDR i am ok with just adding that restriction to other peoples stuff, but it can evolve to magic tool items in general after 1/2 if more discussions arise in regards to anti-magic vs magic symbol interference. for now, just put in restrictions that you cant do this for any magic tools or weapons you don't own. PRepare yourself if this becomes a general thing.

in addition to that, add in requirements that magicians rukh sense can receive the outsourced magoi that's stored inside, it won't be much of a secret for people like them that can see it. so those with rukh sense etc can see it. That's only if it's invisible to people that can't see stored magic and it's not glowing some crazy color. But that also means you can't see it either.

the word "Expelled", does it mean that it doesn't auto trigger and just sputters out without damaging anything, or it does and you have no control overt the timer anymore?

"If the object becomes object(s) then the magoi transfers but will deal divided damage depending on the object(s) quantity. If the divided object(s) reunite, they will return to original damage and deal original damage once the magoi is expelled. It may block up to one instance of A-Tier foreign magoi to protect the stored magoi within said object or object(s)."

^ This here sounds very complicated, is there a better way to explain this here? You describe a rock or anything that can break apart and become objects and then the hits split apart through each object. Instead, I think you just need to settle here. You can either use this for a single object and when sustained you can pick a different object to imbue or use ability sum rules in order to round out the number of things you can affect with this ability. That's the only way right now I can see in order to clear this up.

Occisor Rugiet: can't get a full-body stun here, especially not through a scream like that. I know that you are trying to recreate the fanalis roar, but it's a racial for a reason, what makes them special is that they have the capability to produce the decibels to do that. You wouldn't be able to produce enough sound (outside of sound magic) to interrupt all a-tier abilities that time. I mean think about, if you was on the receiving end of this, right? no restriction on whether it's active or not. It can cause deafness, sure. I'll go as far as to say that the general consensus is that a loud enough sound could cause an air embolism in your lungs, which can stun your body for a bit with it not working properly aka (immobilization for a few limbs), but not ability interruption.

I have a body manip that can breathe back j tier projectiles when scaled, called breathing breath. It doesn't interrupt but redirects something that's already outside and not in the middle of execution. You just have to be mindful of what's actually possible here. Now, if you was a fanalis and made this, we would minor changes but a different conversation since you are only using an ability to enhance your racial.

Sonus: add restriction that you need something for the sound to bounce off of for the echolocation to work. You don't just get echoloctation like that because you are using body manipulation. So there need to be something within 15 meters for it to bounce off of. In addition to that, if you want to maintain your combat capabilities of it finding the location of attacks, your additional restriction is "can be blocked by powers that can prevent/dampen sound-waves", now if you ask how to interpret this, easiest thing is sound magic within that same area, wind magic, or a higher tiered ability that involves sound per say that overtake the area that you are bouncing the sound off. If you make your ears this sensitive to use echolocation, it can be a double edged sword.

this also lacks scaling

aerem: debatable, you can change your face to match someone else but reproducing your flesh in order to create something you didn't naturally have? I think that recreating flesh and molding it into a new organ is a bit beyond what your body manipulation is capable right now in rank.

I'm going to say no for this one.

7Dystatos Rekhulum Empty Re: Dystatos Rekhulum 26/01/22, 09:19 am

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

For Impulsum, expel means the same as release. It just means the damaging magoi is set free from said object to deal damage. Also, for the split of damage by the breaking up of objects, I prefer to keep that the way that I made that. It is A-Tier and so the complexity of how the ability functions should be allowed if I believe. It is an integral part of the ability.

I edited other abilities as well. I halved the range on Occisor. I edited Sonus and Aerem too. Same for Aquilae Oculos. I decreased duration of Aquilae Oculos by 2 posts and specified that the user may keep up with the speed regardless of the listed tier. If this is not approvable, so be it.

8Dystatos Rekhulum Empty Re: Dystatos Rekhulum 28/01/22, 10:11 am

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Aquilae Oculos: put this back to 3 posts. After you do this (please remember to do this), approved.

" If the divided object(s) reunite, they will return to original damage and deal original damage once the magoi is expelled."- You might as well tell me what situation or ability you are using that would involve such a division that would split apart and then reform. there are some utility aspects going on and it's kind of strange for a purely offensive ability. The situation would have to allow for something like this to happen, not as an expectation. Please be Candid and tell me what your average targets are for this ability. In addition to that, no block for the last sentence, the extra ability decided upon for this purely offensive ability was 1 extra A-tier ability damage upon the release of the stored magoi. Due to that, the stored object wouldn't be allowed to protect itself. In addition to that, if you mention protection, how this ability is written seems that if the object with the stored magoi is destroyed, no magoi expulsion at all? You would need to be clear about that, it's important to write out what happens if the item is destroyed before it expells the magoi.

Occisor Rugiet: I'm going to give you the recent ruling on this. change it back to 20 meters. It's directed as a cone so that's 20 meters in length and 10 meters in width in the direction of the shout. This does not affect people that are not in the direction of the shout, even if they are within hearing range (attacks from behind and etc). Remember, this is an interruption, not a cancellation. It won't disrupt things that are already active.

Sonus: in requirements and drawbacks, you should write that it has a weakness in open fields due to having nothing for the sound wave to bounce off of.

Aerem: ok. biomass can be made due to the sacrifice of the skin. Approved.

9Dystatos Rekhulum Empty Re: Dystatos Rekhulum 28/01/22, 08:56 pm

Trently

Trently
A-Tier
A-Tier

For Occissor Rugiet, I understand if I cannot interrupt something that has been cast (a magic spell) or something that has been thrown or anything completely out of the hands of the user. However, for things the user must still actively control or put effort to control whether that be their body or mind, the ability is meant to quite literally interrupt whatever that may be by definition of Oxford Languages of what interrupt means.

10Dystatos Rekhulum Empty Re: Dystatos Rekhulum 27/02/22, 03:01 pm

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

"In addition to that, no block for the last sentence, the extra ability decided upon for this purely offensive ability was 1 extra A-tier ability damage upon the release of the stored magoi." In regards to this, I never had an extra A-Tier damage upon release, only the one instance. I only said that with Scaling that there may be more hits of Magoi upon release dependent on Scaling.

I removed the block though, and I hope that my A-Tier function rather can just be the split utility function. I will tell you now what this is meant to work with. It is meant to work with Fool's Gold which splits apart and can reform, and projectiles used for combat purposes. I edited everything else and made Occisor Rugiet a new ability rather than an update.

11Dystatos Rekhulum Empty Re: Dystatos Rekhulum 28/02/22, 12:14 pm

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

1/2

12Dystatos Rekhulum Empty Re: Dystatos Rekhulum 28/02/22, 07:02 pm

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

2/2
Code:

[center][b]Ares' Cursus[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] B-Tier
[b]Type:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] Self
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] User must clench his fist initially to begin surging the reinforced magoi coat along his skin to protect from foreign magoi interference.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Layers
[b]Sustain:[/b] 0
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 3
[b]Cost:[/b] 15 Magoi
[b]Description:[/b]
[list]Upon cast of this ability, reinforced magoi begins to run through the veins of the user and the user receives a special magoi coat to specifically protect from foreign magoi interference. It causes foreign and outside magoi to be unable to penetrate his body for 3 posts. It may only protect against one instance up to A-Tier of outside magoi before being undone.[/list]

[center][b]Primus Reflexus[/b][/center]
[b]Class:[/b] Body Manipulator
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] User must flex their arms to activate the ability.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Tier
[b]Cost:[/b] 30 Stamina
[list]User is capable of lightning quick reflexes with the limbs affected and can react to lightning speed with the affected limbs. Base limbs affected without Scaling are the head and arms. It is active for 3 posts. However, this does not increase travel speed, even with legs affected. It only allows the legs to react but not travel at lightning speed within their standard travel speed.[/list]

[center][b]Aquilae Oculos[/b][/center]
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] User must strain his eyes for the duration of the ability. It may cause minor D-Tier pain within his eyes when the ability is not active for the following post.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Duration
[list]User strains their eyes to be able to see and follow speeds that may otherwise be difficult to see with the naked eye. User is capable of seeing blurs clearly and keep up with lightning or instant like speed regardless of tier of said speed for 3 post with his eyes.[/list]

[center][b]Aureum Impulsum[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] A-Tier
[b]Class:[/b] Warrior
[b]Type:[/b] Offensive
[b]Range:[/b] Medium
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] User must touch an object and imbue magoi into the said object. Magicians are capable of seeing the rukh stored within any said object affected by the ability.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Hits
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 4
[b]Cost:[/b] 40 Magoi
[list]User imbues an object with his magoi, and has the magoi remain dormant within the object for the post that the object is imbued. It then may release the magoi the following post at the user's will to deal A-Tier magoi damage. If extra magoi is stored within the object via Scaling, the object may release an extra A-Tier instance of magoi to deal further damage. If the magoi is released with contact to a target, the magoi will spread out up to 5m onto the target. It may only release the magoi when the user is within 40m of the object. If said object or object(s) exceed 40m from the user, the magoi will be expelled. It may not imbue magoi into items with magic seals not of the user's own. If the object becomes object(s) then the magoi transfers but will deal divided damage depending on the object(s) quantity. If the divided object(s) reunite, they will return to original damage and deal original damage once the magoi is expelled.[/list]

[center][b]Occisor Rugiet Maximum[/b][/center]
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] User must open their mouth and suck in a deep breath of air. They must use a hand as a funnel vacuum to better capture the air.
[b]Scaling:[/b] If an extra 10 stamina is spent, the user may interrupt all abilities A-Tier and lower and actions.
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 3 Posts
[b]Description:[/b] The user must open their mouth and scream at top of their lungs. By manipulating their vocal chords, they are able to let out a loud and thundering deep sound roar away from them that will stagger targets, interrupting all other abilities B-Tier and lower and actions that are not the user's within 10 meters of the user for the duration of the post unless a person's ears were covered with their hands beforehand.

[center][b]Sonus[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] C-Tier
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] User must click their tongue. It cannot function within open fields or open areas where there is nothing to bounce sound off.
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 2 Post
[b]Cost:[/b] 20 Stamina
[b]Description:[/b] User may click their tongue, and with echolocation, learn where a target, object, or attack is within 15m. It functions by manipulating the ear to be sensitive to sounds and sound waves that interact with the environment. It relies on having objects or a target to bounce off of the sound of said click can touch.

[center][b]Aerem[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] D-Tier
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] User must place a hand over mouth and nose to start the ability.
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 1 Post
[b]Cost:[/b] 10 Stamina
[b]Description:[/b] User can morph a filter made of a thin layer of flesh on his hand on his nose and mouth that can filter out harmful gases and anything not safe breathable air. It takes D-Tier damage to break the filter.

13Dystatos Rekhulum Empty Re: Dystatos Rekhulum 12/03/22, 09:32 pm

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t2277p400-ability-vouchers#68709

bought and paid for the B-tiers and the A-tier

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum