You are not connected. Please login or register

Library's New Policy [Job/Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Library's New Policy [Job/Solo] Empty Library's New Policy [Job/Solo] 18/02/21, 09:36 am

Broodboy

Broodboy
D-Tier
D-Tier

Job:

W/C: 959/500

Malachi lai face up in his bed. The silence of night slowly began to creep away as the march of morning trumped through his open window. Like clock work he rose just a few minutes before the sun. Everyday it's like this, up before the sun before the first birds chirp… He let out a deep breath as the gentle touch of the sun's warmth caressed his cheeks and entered his room. He sat up and felt around for his yukata hanging by the wall near his bed as he wrestled it on. The academy had not officially figured out how they would teach Malachi yet so he was left to his own devices at a distant wing in the dorms.

Well no since it was a good day.

Had spent many days roaming the campus grounds so much so that he had memorized where things were. The morning traffic in the halls was always less than mid day. Only the high achievers that woke up early to get studying done or those that had been awake all night passed him. He could always tell the difference from the way they walked. Morning people had deliberate steps and the others well their feet dragged across the ground through sheer willpower.

Far down the hall around the corner Malachi overheard a few third kodors talking about the library requesting help from anyone.

” Oh, access to the library. That is a place I have not laid out yet.” He strolled down the hall hands folded in his blue yukata as he stopped before the doors to the library. The scent of books seeping into the hallway and the sounds of pages turning could be heard in his sensitive ears. He knocked on the desk to get the exhausted librarians attention.

”Sumimasen, I overheard the library needed help this week.”

Malachi could feel the surprise on the magician's face who wasn’t sure what to say. His tone was awkward yet respectful. ”That would be wonderful but, I am not sure this task is best suited for you. Maybe you can search the job requests for something where you could be more useful.”

Malachi put on a perplexed face and a sarcastic tone. ”Librarian-san what do you mean by suited”

The man was clearly unsure of how to navigate the conversation afraid to offend Malachi. ”Uh how do I say this, the library is not set up for the visually impaired and well uh…”

”You think I am visually impared!?” A joking gesture was in the air. The librarian was middle aged, wreaked of exhaustion and Malachi could hear his stomach bubbling. He leaned over the counter and pulled out two fish and mayo onigiri from inside his sleeve. ”Say mister, what do you say you let me organise the library or at the very least help you catch up with this backlog I heard about.”

The man’s stomach made a loud growl as he stared at the rice balls. Malachi waved them back side to side as the librarian leaned in closer. He snatched them quickly from the blind man’s hand, ”Fine, just don’t mess anything up or the head librarian will have my wand! Put your class info on the form and get started. You are not to talk or help anyone.”

Malachi forgoed the instructions of providing the class he was a part of and his dorm and headed in the direction of the books. He felt around the large stack measuring with his hands and judging by the size of the stacks there were easily a few hundred books in the back log.

He let out a whistle. ”Oh boy they really are behind aren't they.” He placed his fingers on his chin in deep thought. There are easily a hundred people studying here by the sound of pens on parchment and another fifty every half hour. A creative solution crept into his mind and then onto his face.

Several hours later the librarian came back to a room devoid of backlogged books and one Malachi sitting comfortably at the desk. He was in shock that the work was done so quickly and more so that he was blind. “How did you do this so quickly, I assumed you used magic which is prohibited in the library!”

”Oh this was easy Onii-chan.” He heard the approach of someone coming to check out a book as he smiled. ”Hello, hello, I see you would like to check out this book from the library. Are you aware of our new policy point system? Every book that you return and put back will give you a point towards one of our exclusive study rooms guaranteed to be private and devoid of distractions.” The woman lit up and requested five books to be placed back in the library as she put her information down on a paper with easily forty people on it.

The librarian was alarmed and began to rant. ”YOu can’t do that, who gave you the aurothiry!?”

”Hey mister, that isn’t for me to figure out. The job was for the books to be put away and that’s done.”

His face turned red as Malachi was forced out of the library and his job form completed as it floated down into his hands. [color=green=”Come back here when you have the appropriate credentials! Jeeze now I have to put a new job request in for this mess you have created!”[/color]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum