1Kotanan Starting Traits Empty Kotanan Starting Traits 16/02/21, 08:05 pm

Kotanan

Kotanan
D-Tier
D-Tier

Trait Name: Enhanced Stamina
Trait Tier: D
Trait Requirement: -
Trait Description: Through training or good genes, the character possesses an unnaturally large pool of stamina to draw from.
Trait Effect: +25 Max Stamina

Last edited by Kotanan on 17/02/21, 09:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Kotanan Starting Traits Empty Re: Kotanan Starting Traits 17/02/21, 01:44 pm

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

you got 2 points right?

I wouldn't want to approve something in bad faith when I know you can do better. So let's talk

Enhanced stamina is approved. I don't have permissions to change ur magoi but ill ask someone who does.

Hardened: It seems like you want to maintain focus but it can't be a blanket.  As a matter of fact, you are already capable of doing this. Everyone is in a way.  Besides taking some seriously fatal damage, your link to exhaustion is connected to your, actual reserves of magoi/stamina.

But if you wanted pain tolerance where you can ignore the pain caused by the damage, it'll be D-tier damage. This is off the cuff so bear with me.It can't be damage reduction because as an Imu, your racial already gives you an inherent damage reduction trait and because of it, you can't register anything else.

Trait Name: Hardened Focus
Trait Requirement: Warrior Class
Trait Description: Through a combination of pain tolerance, focus and sheer force of will Kotanan has become exceptionally adept at maintaining his composure and movements even when injured.
Trait Effect:
At this current level, the warrior practitioner has gained a tolerance to pain in the face of D-tier ability damage. When this is experienced while the user is performing an ability or action, damage calculation is applied normally. However, they can finish the action/ability without being hindered by the pain, making it easy to trade blows.  If the damage that the user faces is enough to actually incapacitate/kill them, this trait is unable to be applied.

You don't have to use it, just that this matches the rank of your pain tolerance. if you want to turn your pain receptors off , you would need body manipulation and a few more points.  Let me know what you decide to do, but I'll have your reserves changed in the meantime.

3Kotanan Starting Traits Empty Re: Kotanan Starting Traits 17/02/21, 08:51 pm

Kotanan

Kotanan
D-Tier
D-Tier

Admin, Trait System Post wrote:As you rank up you obtain trait points. However you can also gain them from your class. You gain one trait point for each tier of your class including D-tier. So each character starts with 2 trait points. If a character is maxed out in ranks and class ranks with three classes, they would possess the maximum number of trait points possible outside of special means for a total of 17 trait points.

For reference on the two trait points I'm utilizing here.

I understand that Imu cannot have damage reduction and through my wording I've clearly and without any guesswork stated this does nothing for overall damage. It basically just gives him the ability to keep functioning despite damage. If this is possible without a Trait, I'll remove it, but I'm not going to limit the effects to D-Tier damage only.

No other traits currently in the system are limited by Tier. Otherwise they become redundant and that seems to be, at least by what I've seen, not the intention of the Trait system. All of them provide an effect that remains useful and is either static or scales, and I feel that sacrificing a Trait point for basically going 'As long as he isn't receiving too much damage or isn't too exhausted, he can fight through pain' is in line with other D-rank Traits considering I've given it a cap and a floor where it stops working. If I limit it to D-tier damage, eventually the trait is absolutely useless because, assuming I continue to rank up, eventually there will be a point where D-tier damage isn't the primary concern anymore.

Looking at other physical traits like this, they don't have any real limitations on the interactions. Nimble Fingers doesn't say it's only D-rank items or of a specific size or complexity of knot, it just says 'you can do this'. So that's my reasoning. If the trait is unacceptable I will just remove it and move on.

4Kotanan Starting Traits Empty Re: Kotanan Starting Traits 17/02/21, 09:35 pm

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Hm...... ...................................let me give it another try

Trait Name: Hardened Focus
Trait Requirement: Warrior Class
Trait Description: Through a combination of pain tolerance, focus and sheer force of will Kotanan has become exceptionally adept at maintaining his composure and movements even when injured.
Trait Effect: At this current level, the warrior practitioner has gained a tolerance to pain tthat's dictated by their current warrior rank in the chart below When damage of this rank is experienced while the user is performing an ability or action, damage calculation is applied normally. However, they can finish the action/ability without being hindered by the pain, making it easy to trade blows. If the damage that the user faces is enough to actually incapacitate/kill them, this trait is unable to be applied.

Warrior Tier - Pain Tolorance Level
D-Tier - D-tier
C- Tier - D-Tier
B-Tier - C-tier
A-Tier - B-Tier
Ω-Tier - A-tier

At the end of your journey or pinnacle of your gains as a warrior, you'll get your desired result. You'll have to start small. If this isn't good enough, then you'll have to scrap this idea, unfortunately. If it is, this has to get 1/2 in order to have someone else take a look at it. So the ball is in your court.

5Kotanan Starting Traits Empty Re: Kotanan Starting Traits 17/02/21, 09:38 pm

Kotanan

Kotanan
D-Tier
D-Tier

consider the discussion moot and the trait in question removed. thank you.

6Kotanan Starting Traits Empty Re: Kotanan Starting Traits 18/02/21, 01:05 am

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

APPROVED

Feel free to slap that trait on into your vault. I'll edit your stamina in a moment.

Code:
[b]Trait Name:[/b] Enhanced Stamina
[b]Trait Tier:[/b] D
[b]Trait Requirement:[/b] -
[b]Trait Description:[/b] Through training or good genes, the character possesses an unnaturally large pool of stamina to draw from.
[b]Trait Effect:[/b] +25 Max Stamina

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum