Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Job Name: Burying the Hatch
Job Rank: B
Job Location: Mt. Raiji
Job Reward: 200XP | 15,000 Huang
Job Prerequisites: Pledge yourself to the Kogata, the Toh or the Kazeharu
Job Overview: A Toh commander has passed information to a Kogata spy that his troops have located a series of tunnels nearby their outpost. These tunnels seem to have been dug by Morihana soldiers with Hinamoto help, posing a serious threat if that is the case. Since they span the width of Mt Raiji itself, the south entrance or the north entrance may be dealt with - each one having their own challenges. The south entrance is where the continued digging operations take place, so you would have to deal with the Hinamoto officers overseeing the miners and steal their plans. The north entrance is an unstable area that teems with Morihana soldiers - you must deal with them before collapsing the caverns to ensure no more tunnels can be built there.

Hinamoto Officers:

Mount Raiji was still a bit of a mystery to the slaver. He felt if he upset the balance of the clans in this location, things could turn to full out war. He knew the summit of Mt. Raiji was particularly sacred to people of Kina. He was keenly aware of the religious aspects of the clans, in particular for the Kazeharu as well as the Morihana. If he wanted any chance at fulfilling his plans of uniting the daimyos of Kina against the Shogun, he couldn't risk any sacrilegious acts. He was still surveying the outposts of each of the clans, evaluating their strategical positioning. How far they were from their allies and enemies, natural geography of the mountains and bodies of water, as well as the value of the resources in a near by proximity, evaluating not only the distance but ease of logistics. Making note of locations for the Kogatan spies to keep track of unallied clans, but as well the allies.

Eight was tallying these notes outdoors. The schemer was taking these factors into account, when one of the spies had disturbed the peaceful day. The gentle breeze stopped upon the mans arrival.

"I have urgent news from a Toh Commander. The Toh army has confirmed tunnels made by the Morihana with aid from the Hinamoto." This seemed to worry Eight in particular, considering the knowledge bestowed upon him about the Hinamoto clan. Sharing the access to tunnels with the Morihana was easily a very big risk, but also rewuired a lot of trust. Now if they could take out some of the Hinamoto and convince the Morihana to join the Kogata, they could have information and access to the tunnels or the time and labor resources would be doubled and wasted to destroy them. Attacking the Morihana who had the greatest threat to retaliate against the Kogata would be a large risk, a rather unneeded one.

Eight would wait at the outpost for the rest of the team, having a Kogatan messenger for the ones ho weren't already at the outpost. Not wanting to act without their consent. While he was loyal to Kogata, he had formed deeper bonds with Dalia, Jinx, Altan and Julius than he had with Kogata. These actions could have lots of repercussions for them. As they progressed deeper into this mess, it was time to hear everyone's opinions on what was going on with Kina and Kogata before putting these last moves into play.

[414/1500]

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Tunnels, if there was one thing that Lagi definitely knew about, it was tunnels. There were plenty of cave systems that he ventured in the past, some were haunted, and others tend to have some mysterious qualities and information linked to them. The first time he managed to sweat was when Decimus was making those caves in order to try to trap Lagi or hide inside of them to avoid El Drago.

"El Drago...I miss you...old friend.."

He would surely be disappointed in who Lagi managed to become, or what Lagi managed to become. The former king had come so far, and there were a few things that were cracking the safety net that was protecting Lagi's life. His dragon was killed, his father was attacked, and he almost died himself. Existing as a memory instead of something that's reachable and tangible was able to keep his family safe, or the idea of no longer existing as the man he once was served as a way to keep his family safe. There could be a credible argument in regards to how smart that idea is, or if it even works out to be a reasonable model in the future. It was better this way, he got to play a drug kingpin in his past time, and when he got even more bored, he decided to pick up the pieces in heliohapt and started over his rule. He wanted to see if things could be different this time. No one would have placed him on the throne, he placed himself there as the Overlord Of Tartarus.

"Yet, I sometimes feel that being at the beck and call of humans like this....."

Was really starting to get to him. The point of being more than human was to move away from that, putting more of his efforts towards his people instead of crippling them by increasing the powers of other interests. This was all based on eight's current model of cooperation and the idea that this will all pay off for Tartarus when it's all said and done. But if the Kogata clan were to betray him, Lagi might even be more angry than usual, a simple apology would be unable to satisfy him at that point. But why was he starting to become impatient? Was there something bothering him? Was he worried about Tartarus in his absence?

"Eventually they will start to see the errors of their ways and that their foolish endeavors are a waste of their time and the time of others. I don't mind playing along for the sake of my comrade, but they haven't been coming off as too appreciative lately. My malice is not to be underestimated...
"

Who was Lagi talking to this entire time? Himself, the pure solitude of only having his own thoughts to reminisce served as his own therapy and shown a little bit of the insanity that lingered in the mind of the Overlord. But that was interrupted when Lagi was called once more, a meeting was needed at the outpost.

When he arrived, Lagi was wearing his Requiem Jynx mask and started to pace a little bit as he thought about what to do with the information that the Toh commander supplied for them. He thought this was serious, but it seemed that they were given an easy bone to manipulate to their advantage. Once everyone arrived, Lagi would speak first after looking at Eight.

"Here is our chance, we have negotiation power. Depending on the size of the cave and the amount of work that probably has to be done to manage such a thing, the reason why they probably sided with the Hinamoto clan was because of the apparent manpower that could be supplied to them. Due to this, I point to you my beloved companion, Longzufu. Unlike the other dragon counterparts that you see flying about, Longzufu is a ground dragon. Giving you information about what my dragon can do seems rather disadvantageous in the long run, but we worked together long enough that we simply can't move forward if none of us harbors any trust for one another. Not even trust, the respect towards those who are willing to have your back. "

Lagi, let that sink in as he scanned everyone's faces. They could be hiding their true intentions, or maybe one of them was even thinking of betraying the Kogata clan.

It didn't matter....

" Judging from the size of my dragon and that the wings could be used for digging instead of flying, his seven-meter wingspan is able to achieve a 22-foot cave in height and width. That's a superior amount of space that can be made for traveling or whatever they are trying to accomplish, especially in a short amount of time. I have a similar capability that could help with the digging as well, the only thing that the Morihanna clan needs to do in order to gain such an advantage is to change their business partners to the Kogata clan. Of course, we have to kill the Hinamoto guards, it should be quick and efficient. We can kill them and steal the plans or whatever they might have. I kind of want eight to do something different this time since he's as charismatic as he proved to be in the past. With what we have to offer, if he can somehow get a Morihanna representative to the meeting table, it would ensure their cooperation. Their project would be finished on the Kogata's terms, and the Hinamoto would be cut out of the deal."

Part of Lagi wanted to steal the treasure with the secrets he had. But not what such a capability he has come to light, it seemed less likely that he would be able to get away with it.

"So, quick kill, steal, pow wow, and I'll get started on the digging itself like nothing happened to expedite. If you like this plan, who wants to do what?"

1001/1500

Altan Bey

Altan Bey
β-Tier
β-Tier

It seemed the sabotage mission that they did resulted in something that had benefited the Kogata clan, resulting in Kazeharu to break off their alliance with Morihana only to work together with the Kogata. Not only the Kazeharu, the Toh Clan also joined into the alliance, leaving the remaining clans to team up with the Hinamoto. Well, Altan didn’t really care about it, Kogata would be considered as one of the strongest at the moment and if they kept their good work, there wouldn’t be any issues in helping the clan to reach their goal until the end. After that… Altan could try to negotiate for their support to help the Bey clan, perhaps asking one of the officials to meet with her tribe’s leader so they could discuss more.

The redhead was not feeling as iffy as she was regarding this bunch of foreigners who were helping the same clan, in fact she admitted that she had gotten used to their… presence. Although Altan still thought that they were still dangerous and she didn’t really have any intention to form a closer bond with all of them, at least they proved that they could work together in sync so far. She also got the same kind of ‘strictly business’ vibe towards each other from all of them as well, except Eight and Dalia, perhaps and that was understandable since they had this… weird relationship between each other. Slave master and his clingy apprentice… well, yeah, she wouldn't judge, at least she was trying to do so.

It would be the time for another mission it seemed as one of the Kogatan messengers delivered a message, telling her to gather at the outpost soon for an important and urgent thing. Without really wasting any time, the Fanalis maneuvered herself to directly go to the outpost where it seemed Lagi and Eight were already waiting. She would greet them with a slight nod, without even uttering any words, she didn't think it would be necessary anyways. They were not friends, they were just… business partners, if that was the correct term to describe their relationships with each other.

The moment after everyone arrived, Lagi...or Requiem Jynx, would be the first to sound his opinion and ideas regarding this new piece of information. Altan definitely thought that his idea was good… but she was not sure if it would be doable considering the size of the dragon itself. They had to make sure the timing was right as well, because they would still need to deal with the guards there… or they would be buried alive along with the tunnel if they missed the chance to get out. However, it was these people she was working with and they were professionals… so things like that shouldn't really bother her. “I think your idea is doable, if we all agreed to do your plan, I will go in to deal with the guards…then just send me the signal to go out and you can start the next part with your dragon.”

WC: 509/1500

Dalia Fedcono

Dalia Fedcono
A-Tier
A-Tier

Dalia eyed the maps of Balbad on her large table tapping her chin, she had been planning out their steps shed take during a short trip to Balbad soon to work on set up there. She’d have to go soon to ensure 8 would be too busy planning Kogata stuff and running missions to notice her gone or how long she’d be gone until she returned. One thing really pounded the back of her head staring at the map though… She should invest in a douchey table with a map built into it. Daichi panted as he walked in carrying a bag and tossed it to her. She catches it with her gloved hand knowing only Daichi would have the gall to just walk into her meeting room without warning at this point among the workers that is.

She raised a brow as he nodded to her. “I was lingering in the forests as you requested, 8 sent out a messenger asking for you I told me I would spread the news to you.” He said as dalia opened the back to pull out her usual attire. “8 is requesting everyone meet with him at the outpost.” Dalia nodded, taking off her accessories and putting it in the bag Daichi turned around for her as she changed.

“Of course he’d request to meet while I’m in kou” She grumbled “Butt face…” She sighed adjusting her sash and walked over to Daichi passing him the bag with her Lara clothes in it. “Clean up for me would yah? Stay here though after if the others see your fighting style and use walking around together all the time as ourselves too they no doubt would collect more pieces to put together.” She said walking to the door.

“Got it… try not to get too passive on me, been a while since you’ve lashed out as Dalia.” He said with a smirk as she looked back squinting one eye at him.

“You saying Lara is making me soft?” She asked as he held up two fingers barely pinching the small gap of air between them. “Right…” She ran over with her Fanalis speed sucker punching him with enough force to make him stumble and knock the wind out of him.

“You got this…” He coughed out hunching forward holding his belly.

“Thought you may say that idot.” She said with a grin walking off holding up a hand to wave goodbye on her way out. She then ran off to the outpost with all her speed and when she grew near she slowed to a stop before they would beagle to hear her approach and began to walk pausing when she could see Lagi pacing. What was wrong… Normally for most of these guys she’d brush it off but given how she was trying to work with him as well as 8 on her plan on the side it was concerning to see him this way…. Honestly at this point as well she was starting to actually feel closer to him. It wasn’t too much of a surprise, her family bounded through battle and working together in fights.

Even if it was a dysfunctional family one with someone she actively saw as a competitor of hers for 8s attention whether the girl wanted it or not. It felt more of a new child entering the parents eye. Honestly it was normal to Dalia. So seeing someone she was starting to see as family pacing… She looked off a bit, squinting her eyes a bit with frowned brows. She walked in the rest of the way with her usual demeanor they were all used to with her hands behind her head as she leaned back walking up to stand at the side of Lagi’s pacing area to not block his pacing. “Ey” She grunted out looking at him. “Do you need to talk about anything weirdo?” She grumbled out with a huff. She would listen if he wished to talk if not she looked off and simply said.

“Well if you stop being a big old dummy then find me and I’ll listen to your stupid issues or what ever.” She mumbled walking over towards 8 and plopped down on the ground resting an arm on her leg that she left up letting the other rest on the ground. She missed feeling the dirt and grass on her feet...she never even realized how used to shoes she had gotten… it bothered her knowing this fact. She waited for their last member to arrive and listened to Lagi as he began to talk. Dalia looked up when he talked about trust in each other and pointed to Julius.

“I don’t trust him, I don’t know him that well, I will fight with him but he still feels like someone who would slit my throat if it would further his own advances. I respect that but don’t trust it. Altan, I don’t particularly like her that much but I trust her. She holds too much weight in this for her own personal goal to betray any of us and risk losing out on her own goal.” She lowered her hand, widening one of her eyes. “8 has funneled too much time and resources into me to kill me now, only a fool would do that and waste the resources, that and he actively stopped me from causing myself from indirectly causing my own death so I trust him easily with my life.”

She locked eyes with Lagi. “I have come to see you more specifically like kin to me like 8 has. You understand me likely much better than the others due to observing not judging likely due to paranoia but that is by no means an insult. Like 8 I would entrust in you my life as well as risk my own to ensure yours also continues on, much like kin. I won’t be trusting Juluis as easily yet due to my lack of knowledge of him but I have no issue working with him hopefully that is enough for you.” She said all of it simply with a bit of an annoyed grumble in her voice from having to explain it all but shrugged.

“I don’t care though if any of you know this just don’t take it too personally in any way and get all weird on me” She shot a look at Altan the weirdo hand holder…. She though focused on Lagi as he continued on though not expecting many to take note of anything she said, they hadn’t thus far after all nothing to their knowledge has really changed to change that possibility. 22 ft enough room to breath and ensure at least a close counter with width easy for chasing, and for a sudden attack when one drew close to them. The ideas of leading their targets down the tunnels to chase them down and kill them did please her easily with a grin. She held up her hand as he finished.

“I’ll help with the killing, the tunnels would make it an easy straight shot in finding the men and narrow enough to limit their moves giving me an advantage for my close quarter fighting.” She said simply they had yet to send her alone with fighting so she figured help was a good word to use. “That and I’m one of the fastest ones here on foot.. Probably” She said with a shrug. “I’ll help clear the way of foes and let the others rush in to steal then bail together out of there before the tunnel caves in." She knew Altan said she’d deal with the guards but she knew everyone here was used to her trying to steal all the kills, it’d be too off for her to just let Altan taking everything on herself, and she needed to keep up looks given two of the people she was with needed to not see any comparison to her with Lara currently.

“Can your dragon hear movement on the earth? I could hit the tunnel walls with just enough force to shake me to let him know the guards have been taken out.” She offered with a shrug. It wasn't the first time she had spouted out an idea in the past so risking them linking anything with that alone wasn’t an issue to her… unless these two really did see her as unintelligent. Then the idea would go to her disadvantage… and piss her off a bit that they genuinely thought she was naturally that incompetent.

( 1,430 / 1,500 Words )

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

The longer he was within the clan of Kogata the more it was clear all paths pointed in the same direction. With crimson eyes looking into the blue ones of Hana, Julius would speak softly. "I wonder how much longer they plan on playing this cat and mouse game. This political move will only sway so many. It's inevitable, a civil war within the clans is coming and a new ruler will be found, though it very well might not a clansman who reigns in the title.

"You might be right about the war though I trust my people to find a better way to settle things, though I guess if we had better ways my brother would not be missing. I can promise you one thing though an outsider will never rule the clans.

A smirk would form unto his lips as he'd pull the gloves on his hands down. Each of them baring the magic circle for the strength magic spell. After ensuring they were a good fit Julius gripped his stave staring down at it for a while. Recalling its name to brief refuel his passion for what he was doing. "On that, we shall see my dear. For now, let us see what they have summoned us for this time around.

Leaving his resting area he would follow the Kogata member to the meeting area. Once arriving it seemed he was the last to join. He'd give a smile to Eight, and Jynx as he passed. Dalia had those dagger eyes again staring him down.

Listening to the information it sounded like they were about to strong-arm another clan into getting what they wanted. Sounded like this tunnel job was more than what they were telling them. Julius would then listen to the plan Jynx offered for them to do. All parties seemed to agree with it so Julius would not go against what was offered. Though one seemed to have an issue, but it was not with the plan but more of with him, and her distrust for him.

"You wish my intention but have yet to ask, nor offer your own before seeking mine. Though if you must know you can not trust me when it comes to destroying the clans. From what I have seen they are nothing but greedy pigs seeking to kill each other for a title. To be THE clan with all the clans. Such is the sin of most countries, Reim, Kou, Balbadad. "

Julius would lean back on the wall with his stave at his feet.

"I am merely here to watch them, all of them. Destroying them is not yet decided."

With that said, Julius would look back to Jynx. Everyone would be stating what they wanted to do. "I suppose I can assist with taking the plans and ensuring our getaway. "

Julius figure it was about time to start fighting for real. He had been holding back on the missions with the others, though he was no longer doing to hide his power from them. Perhaps if he showed the Fanalis his power she would step off.

Wc: 541/1500

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Eight would agree with the plan. He preferred not to dirty his hands, which made it easier for him to negotiate with the other clans since he wasn't actively the one sabotaging the other clans. Jynx seemed to show a vote of confidence in Eights ability to negotiate. He would gladly take the initiative and handle the Morihana alliance. "Great, I will simply work on recruiting the Morihana clan to our alliance, they seem to have the most fire power. As they say, keeps your friends close and your enemies closer. The negotiation will take some time, so I will let you handle the labor and count on your successful completion."

Eight was very interested in hearing about Longzufu. The details were quite important and such a beast would prove extremely important when it came to invading the tunnels of Hinamoto to see what they were storing beneath. There were rumors to be explored, and possibly a ton of treasure.

The comment about trust rung deeply in his ear, from Lagi. However Dalia's bluntness cut through the air with ease. Her openness could not be mistaken for anything but pure honesty, clearing the air for his own thoughts. Listening to Julius as well, but understanding his perspective having sat down with him.

"Every person here, I trust more than the Kogata clan. Jynx has been supporting me, and has made much of this possible. Dalia..." He couldn't help but cover his face and laugh as he thought of how they had met, a coincidence on one of his benders, but hearing her words and her faith in him was touching. "My apprentice, who shall always remain by my side. Julius, a man I can respect as an equal in intellect who harbors a great mission, which I don't believe, neither us nor Kina will stand in his way." He paused, looking at Altan. There was some fortune in having crossed paths with her but... "Altan, you don't quite belong here, do you? I'd like to help you belong." He trailed off before giving his own thoughts too much attention.

"I agree, civil war seems inevitable. Once I get the Morihana clan to join us, it will leave the Hinamoto and the Shikizui clans for us to deal with. The Shikizui is like a blind, loyal dog, and the Hinamoto an uncaring master, who has kept Kina in disarray without uniting the clans. We shall remove Hinamoto from the throne with as little bloodshed as possible, and be on our way to collect our rewards. But should the Kogata betray any one of us,we do share some of their secrets, we should all stand together."

Eight would leave those ominous words for team Black Rukh to mull over. There was no hint of deceit in his tone honestly looking out for the general interest of the team but the reputation of Kogata was clearly the worst of all the clans. Betrayal was at the cornerstone of what the clan stood for. Eight would wait until everyone would be on their way towards completing the task at hand, before calling to his Kogatan helper, Naruto.

"Naruto, please go reach out to the Morihana. We have a long day ahead of us."

[960/1500]

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

During the pacing moment earlier before Lagi statted talking, Dalia of all people approached him in concern.  It was surprising, which made him stop a little bit, but he continued shortly after.
"It's hard to tell if we have any leverage on the Kogata clan. Our efforts are starting to feel freer each time we go on these endeavors. Not that I'm too mad at this, we accepted the terms of working together. But what exactly is the reward of the Kogata clan? hey were the most open of accepting outsiders, and in turn, had the best experience due to your battle expertise, Altan's archery, Julius's magic, my semi-professional medical skills, and eight's diplomacy techniques.   What awaits us at the end of all of this? Exile and unable to collect what we worked hard for?  I have a high suspicion that the big swerve that awaits us is intangible and unappreciation.  If we did nothing for a moment or so, we are too far at the end of this game of chess to act in such a way to bolster the idea of, "who is really pulling their weight here",  making the group realize our value without hurting the momentum. Unfortunately, we can't do that without hurting Kogata's momentum, our inaction hurts as much as the sabotage we do to others. Usually, I wouldn't care, but Eight's involved. But the moment he decides not to be and takes you with him, there also goes my connection to the Kogata clan and any reason to get involved in this farce.  For Julius and Altan, who are also risking their lives,  to receive nothing for it would be disrespectful. "

He had his doubts about the Kogata clan and was rather frustrated at the strange feeling about getting played.  However, he left it there for the time being and released Dalia to the rest of the group after talking to her.  But at the same time, he didn't care if the others heard him, he spoke loud enough anyway, so they all now knew of Lagi's frustration.

"With Longzufu being a land dragon, he can feel the vibrations. If you knock in a certain way and with enough strength in the form of morse code, we would be able to hear you for sure if we are close enough."

Looking to Julius, he would sigh.

"Yes yes, absolute power corrupts. Every country you mentioned has a corruptive value to it that can translate to the misery of the citizens.  Kou's leader is a warrior king, he's fought in a war to kill his father to become the undisputed one, who will stand against decisions from such a man with the war freshly over? Reim has the council,  ideas that don't follow a certain agenda can easily be outvoted.  However, I know nothing about Balbadd, but maybe it follows the same format. The reason why I believe that the clan system may work is due to the fact that each clan creates a piece of the puzzle. We unite them under Kogata for now,  but once we leave, it isn't our job to maintain the alliances. The ball would be in their court once we set the table, and with so many clans still existing and acting with their own interests, a fracture due to bad relationships is how such a united front balances itself out. "

Hopefully, this would ease Julius's worries.

"You are quite impressive Dalia, continue to speak your mind. Eight made a good choice, and your transparency is well appreciated.  Let's not keep the feelings we have for each other a secret, I feel as if we work better if everything is on the table. "

The person to have the last words here was Eight, the ring leader of the Kina arc for this team. Lagi gave a definite nodded and reached over to pat Dalia's head rather kindly.

"Send the signal kid, I'm following YOUR lead this time. And survive, I don't know how powerful the enemies are but work together with Altan to defeat them if you think you can't do it alone.  Altan,  you know your range better than anyone here. You know what to do. In the meantime, i'll prepare with Longzufu for the dig. Just send word...."

1500/1500

Altan Bey

Altan Bey
β-Tier
β-Tier

As Dalia pointed out that she trusted Altan enough to not betray the team because she was holding too much weight in assisting Kogata for her own personal goal, the archer only stared at the little girl, but didn’t bother to say anything to deny...or to admit it. Altan was glad that Dalia pointed it out loud during the meeting, just in case it was not apparent enough for the others.

It was amusing for the team to now be talking about trust...betrayal and some other stuff that would usually be talked inside a deep conversation. “I am just glad I stumbled to your team, thank you for still giving me your trust to help as well.” She wasn’t a really good talker like everyone else, but at least, she meant what she said. There was no hint of any lies or even doubt in her tone, she was really glad she met them. Imagine how she would try and survive on her own in this kind of situation… although she never knew when the people who were here inside this room could be her enemy in the future, which she preferred that they could keep the civil relationship even after they were done to assist the clan. But at the moment, she could go this far because of these people as well even though she still felt very cautious, but that was natural because she never really put her  trust in other people easily.

“Huh…?” Altan unconsciously gave a reaction to Eight’s word which was directed towards her, she was taken aback actually, she didn’t really know how to answer that. It was true that she didn't feel like she belonged to the team, at all… and she didn't really have intention to...try and feel that she belonged to the team. Was that apparent though? The archer wondered to herself. “Oh… I don't really...feel that way… But...uh… okay...Thanks.” Of course… that was a lie, words she threw out to sloppily end the conversation she didn't really feel comfortable to have on several occasions, in other words, in this moment. But uncomfortable might not be the right word to describe what she felt about that question, she just… couldn't find any word to describe what she felt properly.

However she asked herself about that every single night, as she lay down on her back, eyes stared right at the empty ceiling. Should she try to get along? Should she open up a little bit? Should she… at least try to remove that wall she built around herself? She ended up trying to convince herself to brush off those thoughts and just think about how to reach her goal, even if she had to make it personal, because it was… and her clan had entrusted this task to her, so there shouldn't be any distraction to complete her goal. “I don't want to be replaced…” She would repeat those words as she closed her eyes every night.

-

“I understand, Jynx.” The archer nodded at Lagi, having an understanding of what he was implying on his words. She would turn her focus towards the younger girl, “Although I am sure you can easily defeat the enemies by yourself, I will still back you up from behind, Dalia.” Altan would say to the little girl, didn’t really have any objection to her suggestion. Well, she did have her own suggestion that could be...safer, but she was not sure if she could do it anyways, the tunnel might be pretty far for her to shoot her arrow to give signal. Not only that, she didn’t really care to voice her opinion, she just wanted to get it done.

Since when though...she asked herself inside her head. Since when she started to pull herself away in anything… She wasn't like this before. She was bright, full of creativity, and loved to give her ideas, but now… she didn’t feel like it, it just didn’t feel right to offer her ideas. Had the stress taken a toll on her…? Was she feeling the pressure, the burden on her shoulders to be too heavy now? But like people said, no pain no gain...right?

Should she run away? But that kind of thought never even crossed her mind. It was just her sense of wanting to be useful that made her feel like this. As of her whole world only circling around her clan and that was true, she admitted it. The Bey Clan was her whole world, from the moment they found her being abandoned, left alone inside a basket, to the point she raised her until now, her reason to keep living. How could she not want to give her everything for the sake of her clan? She would give everything, her body, her blood...even her soul. Don't tell her it was not healthy because she wouldn't agree, she just wanted to return the favor...and it was just a fair price to be paid.

-

The redhead would enter the tunnel alongside Dalia, her bow was ready on her right hand and her arrow pouch was hanging on her back as well. She wouldn't really talk much, she assumed that if the little girl tried to talk to her,she would still throw thorny words towards Altan anyways but the archer wouldn’t really bother to argue, she would just give Dalia an acknowledging smile.

“Enemies…” Altan would whisper to Dalia as she pressed her back against the wall, “Go, I will deal with one of them.” The redhead said as she took an arrow from her pouch, placing it on her bow before pulling the string, shooting an arrow towards one of the Hinamoto officers. But perhaps the enemies were on another level… They managed to counter Altan’s arrow with their bounding step slash before using their soaring swallow slash skill. The redhead jumped aside to get away from the slash, making the Katana to get stuck on the wall. Altan swiftly use her Fanalis strength to deliver a punch to the enemy’s side, enough to make him scream in pain and release his grip from his own weapon. Altan would continue with a kick, knocking the enemy to fall on the ground before she shot an arrow, right to the enemy’s gut.

Now she would wait for Dalia to finish playing with the enemy and wait for her to give signal before getting out of the tunnel to do the next part of their plan.

WC: 1500+/1500

Ammo: 13/15

Note: Sent a punch and a kick worth of A-tier damage due to Fanalis physiology and sent an arrow worth of B-tier damage to the gut

Weapon:

Dalia Fedcono

Dalia Fedcono
A-Tier
A-Tier

Dalia looked up to him as lagi explained his thoughts and softened her face a bit when he said she had battle expertise. This is why she liked him, but his concerns had not only ground to stand on but  entire cities. “Honestly I believe all the clans are hoping the outsiders provide chaos in which a new power struggle can form. The outsiders take out their opponents making waves before they even have to step foot in the water, then hope that the outsiders end up killing each other. And if their’s don’t die would you look at that we won lets pretend to be friends still until we can kill you with our new found power. And if they lose well it wasn’t them that did all this, it was the outsiders they hoped would behave but didn’t but what more can we expect of outsiders?"

"Too bad for them that if that happens we could crush them easily before they could even breathe on us. And Jus because they die, doesn’t mean their resources go away. So either we gain an ally would a massive population… or all of their resources. We can’t loose. And they think the same of themselves which makes things easier on us. I don't like those who betray comrades, so I’ll be sure we teach them how wrong it is to do so if they do. So don’t worry… our group is too strong and skilled to lose out on this one….. Hope that makes you feel a bit better… I guess.”
She said shuffling over to her spot.  “I do not ask yours given it is easy to say one thing yet do another.I do not offer my own given I’ve said it time, and time, again.”

She said to Julius closing her eyes for a moment before opening them, her eyes now set on Julius again. “But once again saying is one thing… doing is another. A healthy amount of distrust in a stranger keeps you alive. You shouldn’t take it personally that a 13 year old child is distrustful of the new member of a group of people like us, Julius. You should be more concerned if I pretended to trust you right away. Since then that would mean something sinister now wouldn’t it? Then again You out of everyone are the only person I have yet to do my own studying on and have spent the least amount of time on. And as for the clans.” She turned her eyes back forward and closed them with a shrug.

“Of course they are greedy pigs, they’re only human after all. All of us are greedy pigs in one way or another. Those who say they aren’t are the most evil of them all. None though pass my aunt Karena. She was the most greedy person, and one of the scariest.. But she never could admit her greed. She just took and took then yelled at you when you told her there were no sticky buns left cause she didn't believe you THEN THE HARLOT TAKES THE YOUNGEST PERSONS STICKY BUN LIKE THE DEVIL SHE IS!!!” She roared out before sighing. “Mad respect for that kind of evil though.”

She said with a nod. After that night her uncle divorced her  and Karena had 3 less fingers… Rightfully so of course. She let him finish explaining his intentions though like usual she didn't believe it, she wouldn't until she confirmed this face through her own means of doing so. She did so with 8 and Lagi, 8 she did on her own pretty easily. He never blinked twice when she followed him around, Lagi was a bit trickier but not too hard, Altan… eh Daichi had an easy time following her around, then promptly teased her about how no wonder 8 liked her so much just cause he knew it ruffled her metaphorical feathers… she shortly asked him not to follow her around after that… for partly unrelated reasons.

Dalia looked over to 8 tilting her head backwards to watch him explain. Keep your enemies closer? Well she supposed she did that often. They usually got caught in her teeth… hair.. Finely woven between the fibers of her clothes… oh wait that was just their blood. She smirked, shifting her head back forward again. She looked over to 8 when he said her name though put on a grumpy face seeing his attempt to hold in laughter. Though it softened his hearing he would keep her at his said looking off a bit with gentle eyes. She was still safe with him… she wouldn’t be left behind… good… Hearing his comment on Altan though… She grumbled after a few thoughts looking back to the others.

So their targets for hostility were Shikizai and Minamoto Shikizui, seeming to be the weak link. Based on their position and resources this would mean it would be best to take them out last given how easy they would be to destroy, or better to take them out now for less to worry about and to avoid them from getting stronger and posing an worse off issue later on. 8 wanted as little blood shed as possible… she could in theory kill a girl of her similar build and age then change to look like her and slowly start to weed her way into things so all 8 had to so was blow and the little piggy house would go down… but doing so could be risky with putting herself as a target to the group as well if they didn't know if she was doing this...

Should she finally tell 8…? It would ruin her own plans… but help him. She grit her teeth a bit closing her eyes in an annoyed fashion as her brow twitched. ‘What do we do mommy we can’t burn down the crops without losing out on our food too!’ She remembered herself asking her mother as she thought back to her mother's smiling face, her gentle lips pressing against her forehead as her hand pushed her hair from her face to do so and her simple caring loving filled reply. ‘Dear sometimes to achieve a goal that conflicts with an equal just as enjoyable one one must pivot and shift both ideas to enable the capability of slightly altered goals that can be both achieved at once.

We must look at the core reasons behind both goals and then change what encompasses them. Once we do that the plan may look different but we still get what we desire. We need their resources to live off which is why we wish for their food. We wish to see them suffer which is why we wish to burn their crops but burning their crops is the easiest solution but not the most pleasing. So dear how do we make them suffer with fire but have the most fun?’ ‘... Oh I know! We set the people on fire and they will set their flammable houses and prized possessions on fire as they panic in pain will cousin the losses to spread just by trying to put themselves out!’

She remembers the proud look of love and joy in her mother's face and eyes as she hugged her close… she may not see that outlook in her mother again… but she’d be damned if she didn’t get 8 to look at her that way. She opened her eyes listening to hear what they were talking about since she toned them out for a bit. Hearing the dragon would hear her she nodded “Teach me the knock I’ll happily signal you.” She looked to Lagi as he called her impressive and seemed to also enjoy her honesty… most people disliked it… this was… nice. She then blinked as he pat her head looking slowly up to him reaching up and gently gripping his hand with her good hand.

She gently held it there on her head for a moment before letting go so he could pull away. It had been far too long since she had something like that… she wanted to savor it for a moment okay? “Understood.” She said gently and rather contently, smiling just a bit. She looking over to Altan watching her closely and silently and nodded to her when she said that she would cover her. She walked with Altan there but on their way to the tunnel she reached over and grabbed Altans hand and spoke in a serious tone.

“I know you see none of us this way but tway I was raised after so many times of battle with one and other and the forming of trust in another… it makes kin. I know 8 won't leave me behind now.. I was worried that I would be alone and lose purpose in life. I took that out on you. I don't fully care that I did but I know it was harmful to you. And harming Kin is not okay. I see you as kin. I roughly know your goals by now. But I want to hear them all from you one day. Then force you to allow me to assist cause that what kin does… You may not want me as kin… but unfortunately that's not an option for you to deny...so another words no matter how far you travel or where you go, you're stuck with me. And if that bothers you… wonderful just make sure you tell me so i can ignore it.”  

She let go of her hand and walked ahead for a while until they got to the tunnel she stuck closer to Altan around then to work with her. Hearing her warning she nodded and locked her eyes on the two and began to run forward as the arrow was fired seeing where it was going before darting to the other enemy not focusing on the other enemy that went after Altan, she knew she had this. And hearing the scream of pain made where she grin wildly, she knew it. Her officer took a step forward three times gradually unsheathing his sword though before he could fully draw it to strike she sped up to her full speed and kicked the officer in the gut for B Tier Fanalis strength sending up flying up into the air Dalia crouching down before leaping up with ehr Spring Jump

Easily following him to the top of the tunnel way before grabbing his head and throwing him with B Tier Fanalis Strength back downwards to the ground  as they fell. She landed gracefully to the ground as he bounced on the ground once before laying limp on the ground. She looked down to him kneeling down and took his sword from his body then tore off a part of his clothes that was now blood soaked then walked over to the one Altan took down and grabbed his sword with a calculating look in her eye taking their bloodied piece of cloth. If lagi told her the morse code she would use it if not she would stomp with B Tier Fanalis strength three times on the ground to signal Lagi holding the swords under one arm and the cloths in the other. She looking to Altan with a nod to say they may want to leave before the tunnel caved in.

( 3,335 / 1,500 Words )
( 210 / 230 Stamina )

”Abilities Used”:

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

For Julius, his task would seem to be simple.  Though he was eager to see what this dragon could do, he had never seen one after all. A land dragon would be cool to see in person but even better to be on the friendly side of things. Once they would get to the tunnels he would follow the Fanalis. This was the first time he truly watched the young girl in action up close, it was impressive her physical power was simply amazing. He knew without magic he would likely never be able to handle such a thing.  Though for him keeping up was no issue.  With his lightning magic, he could keep up, though he would probably need something to become a constant flow of speed instead of burst.

"Lightning Reflex"

He would mutter as he communicated with the ruhk, his magoi would flow throughout his body, and lightning in the color of black would travel around him. He would be able to surpass his current limits for a short time with this spell as long as he moved in a line.
Zooming over to the taken out men, Julius would search for the plans, it would not be until the 2nd body that he'd find what he was looking for.

"Got it"

He would say to the party, once the signal was given Julius would retreat back with the group to escape from the tunnels. Once the job was over and they were debriefed, Julius would bow to the group before taking his leave.

Returning to his room Hana was awaiting him along with the Shinobi he had swayed to join him. It seemed time was nearly upon them for them to move from Kina and track down Hana's brother.  From what they had gathered thus far Kou's agents had found him, though that was still waiting to be proven. In the meantime, they had planned to do.  Removing his hat and coat from his body, Julius would move over to the desk which sat across from the door and opposite from the bed. On the bed laid Hana who was reading a book on the concepts of lightning magic trying to get a better grasp of what she was attempting.  So far she had gained a lot of knowledge and in the short time of Julius teaching her she had rather learned pretty fast. Her Lightning magic was already at his level of conjuring but her focus and power behind it were lacking. She was probably doing a better job than him when it came to controlling her magoi and not overdoing it for spells.

"Everything went as planned for the most part. The young Fanalis has publicly spoken her distrust for me, however, I do not care for the thoughts of a child who is nothing but a puppet.  Though if she is loyal to Mr. Eight I think we might be able to possibly use them for our own means in Reim. Once we have offset Reim we can head back to Kou and look into your brother's displacement. "

"Do you really think they will be an asset Master Julius? They might help us make Reim unstable as a government but I'm not sure what they offer after that. "

Hana said voicing her concerns.  Julius would lift his left leg up and set it on his right leg. His elbows sat upon his knees and his head sunk into his hands.  His mind was running the playout of Reim's downfall in his head.

"I think Eight's intellect his either equal or greater than my own. He is very cunning at the very least and likely has enough magical items to use that he could be of great service to us. If he controls the Fanalis well enough with her being in chains it could prove useful to deal with those Red-haired Lions of Reim, and as if they were not bad enough alone they have the Unity Corps as well.  As for the others of this Kogata team, I'm not sure where they stand on the destruction of a Country.  The Kogata has something most o they want to exploit of use, were as we. Well, We want nothing from them but to see what they are capable of doing.  I think that allowing Eight to help us will make it seem like more than one person is attacking Reim which will help us out.  The more types of attacks that occur within the Country the better for us. Even if they do not help throw the country into chaos they being around after it will also assist us in moving into Kou, due to them trying to accomplish his own goals.  "

The Shinobi with the two mages would be leaning on the wall near the window looking out of it as the conversation went on. Hearing the break-in Julius' voice he would take his turn.  

"If nothing else you are saying they can become a possible scapegoat for us once we move into Kou from Reim, the attention of the attackers will be shifted from looking for us to looking for Eight and his crew.  That's pretty clever and underhanded. Hmm, and once we start attack Kou it will be with a flood of refugees going into Kou from the attacks. Unless they put you on a poster and identify you, we should be able to move past checkpoints no problem.  Not to mention you being native to Kou's lands and you are a traveling healer to most who know your public affairs.  "

Julius would smile as his fingers would cross and his body sat back into the chair.  His crimson hues looking out the window now as well.

"Exactly, if two different minds go for the same objective but with different outcomes in mind, the results will become too hard for Reim's government to pinpoint. They wouldn't know for sure if there were more groups spreading around the country or just one person doing a lot of work to cause Reim to fall into chaos. "

WC: 1029+541=1570/1500

Magoi:340/360
Stamina: 80/80

Spell used:
Lightning Reflex
Tier: C
Class:Magician
Type:Supplementary
Range: Self
Requirements/Drawbacks: Magician weapon must be held.  Must command the Ruhk with the spell name.  A step must be taken between each Dash if scaled.
Scaling: Dashes: For every 10 magoi invested the caster can instantly dash 5 meters.
Sustain:0
Cool Down: 1
Cost: 20/10 sustain
Description:

The user coats themselves with their Magic super charging their legs with black lightning allowing their legs to go beyond their natural limits moving in a straight line for 5 meters.  

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Eight listened to the words of his allies as they all went on their own separate quests. From Altans poor dismissal of his accusatory words, followed by hope for the Fanalis. It seemed as if she was ready to crumble already. He would have to formulate a plot to have the Fanalis timber. Eight himself was astonished by Dalias level of eloquence, while she wasn't quite a novelist, there was a raw sincerity in her words, that surpassed even creme de la creme of rhetoric. He would also use this to get Altan to fall.

However he had a personal union and relationship with Julius, he noticed the friction between Dalia and Julius. Perhaps he would need to suggest for them to meet up in a neutral location so they could get to know each other, especially since they would be working on a large scale plan in the near future. Between his followers and help from Julius, they would be conquering Reim together. So it was imperative to set this up.

Eight would leave to plan for the Morihana meeting. Naruto was ready for the task at hand. He had gotten a hold of one of the leaders who would be representing the Morihana while speaking to Eight with the intention of setting up an alliance. Eight had already gotten the information of the successful sabotage from his allies who had taken down the Hinamoto officers cancelling the plans for the shared tunnels between the Hinamoto and the Morihana. This would be a fulcrum he could use in their negotiations, but he would also have to be careful to maintain cultural sensitivity about the Morihana religion and respecting them.

Eight had studied up on the religion with the help of Naruto and he would have a back and forth, beating around the bush with the representative. He hinted that the Kogata clan was responsible for the break down in communication from the best possible angle. Showing that the Kogata clan was in control of the alliance and was willing join with the Morihana, explaining the religious tolerance for the Kazeharu clan, while maintaining a lot of respect. Showing off the power of their clan and that there would be more in store, simultaneously a threat and a promise of the power that the Kogata clan had gained from it's festival acquistions. After posturing through their words, they had come to an understanding of what was at stake and what could happen. Morihana was lead to believe that the Hinamoto alliance was a losing horse and that the Kogata clan was just building up before taking a decisive strike against the Hinamoto and any of their allies.

The Morihana representative would try to come away from the trade with an extra benefit by requesting that the alliance could only be made, should Eight personally come to the lands of the Morihana clan and personally swear an allegiance to the Morihana leadership.

Eight saw two benefits in this. Having access to the Morihana directly would give him more personal power personally and it would secure the alliance even further, which would allow him to much more easily gather information on the Morihana, having hear of the secrets of the clan such as magic tool creation and the formation of dungeon beasts... things that would be useful to his crew and would even please Lagi.

WC 1500/1500

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum