Not all Knights are Chivalrous [Job; Nioh & Set]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Nioh

Nioh
C-Tier
C-Tier

Job Details:

It turned out that Nioh was getting quite the reputation around Magnostadt for being a reliable helper, and someone who was willing to lend a hand wherever someone might need it. He was happy that others were able to depend on him and he loved helping out, but it was turning out to be very detrimental to his studying. He needed to prepare for his exams and he hadn’t even tested any of his offensive spells in combat yet.

But, he heard from a few guards that there was trouble brewing outside of the gates of the city. Apparently a few Sasan knights had made their way to the city and were hassling those who entered or exit, being a general nuisance. The guards were looking for someone to help them handle the knights.

When he went to volunteer, seeing it as the perfect opportunity to test out his spellwork in the field, Nioh found that someone else had already offered their assistance. But rather than turn Nioh away, the guard captain looked relieved that he also wanted to help. Apparently the other who offered to help could be a bit of a...handful.

So Nioh was on joint babysitting duties and knight disposal, though he didn’t mind. He now waited at the gate patiently for his mission companion, leaning gently on Hyades as he did so. He hummed to himself softly, a random song that he was making up as it came to him.

Word Count: 245/1000
Magoi: 180/180
Stamina: 65/65
Items Brought:

Setekh Fahim

Setekh Fahim
C-Tier
C-Tier

there wasn’t much left for him in magnostadt. after being expelled from the school due to ‘unethical practices’, he was forced to continue his studies in other ways. perfecting his magic was a challenge within itself. however, there were little bits of work here and there that served a dual purpose for him, as much of a drag as it was to do them.

it was amusing to see how ethical his actions were considered in those circumstances. the duality of man was a concept not many liked to see within themselves despite how clear it was. these animals would kill others of their kind but only when it suited them. otherwise, it was wrong, unethical.

today, he was to indulge their flawed nature yet again. he would have to thank these knights before he was finished with them.

it didn’t take him long to reach the gates yet he was late as always, running on his own time. waiting for him was a young man, a bit shorter, with white hair and an interesting staff. he twirled his own between his fingers, letting the blades catch speed with the air.

“are you here to deal with the knights?” he asked as he approached, amber eyes sticking to him.

209 WORDS

weapons:

Nioh

Nioh
C-Tier
C-Tier

“I’m here to deal with you as well, apparently...” Nioh thought to himself as he gave his mission partner a quick once over. As he observed his partner for the day, it startled him just how starkly different they were. They were almost polar opposite, Set’s dark skin and hair versus his own fair features, their height and even their posture. Nioh didn’t slouch, but he carried himself as though borne on a breeze, but Set moved with purpose and power.

Even their staves were different. Nioh’s was a tool used for travel, completely unassuming, but Set’s was obviously an instrument of war. Nioh couldn’t help but wonder what exactly this man was like in action that made the officials in Magnostadt fear him like they do. He seemed polite enough, if a little on the blunt side. It dawned on Nioh that he had been staring more than talking at this point.

“O-oh uhm, yes! I am here to help with the knights.” He gave a small chuckle and shifted his staff a bit in his grip “Though, I must admit, I have no combat experience. This will be a lesson as well as a mission for me, in truth.” He turned and began walking towards the gate, but then stopped, whipping back around with wide eyes “I didn’t introduce myself! My name is Nioh Na’al, pleasure to meet you!” He took a few steps back and held out his free hand to shake....

Word Count: 490/1000

Nioh

Nioh
C-Tier
C-Tier

Nioh turned around to see that his job partner had seemingly vanished into thin air. Sparkling blue eyes widened even further at the realization and platinum blonde hair whipped around as he looked this way and that for the taller magician. He then turned to the guards at the gate, anxiety slowly mounting “U-um did you see where he went?”

The two looked similarly anxious, sharing a glance before shrugging their shoulders. One of them cleared his throat “We’ll send someone to try and track him down, possibly also send word to higher ups that he’s gone wandering again. You still gotta deal with those guys outside, yeah? Good luck.” Nioh nodded slowly, looking behind him one last time before heading towards the gate.

The grip he had on his staff was slick, his palms sweating noticeably. Not only had he lost the man he said he’d keep an eye on, now he had to handle whatever was going on alone. His nerves were already electrified at the thought of fighting when he had help, but alone? He had a few offensive spells, sure, but he had never actually used them.

The info he had been given placed the strange assailants close to the gates of Magnostadt. They had been stopping and harassing people entering and leaving the city about information, things about dungeons. People had gotten away without many serious injuries, thankfully, but they were becoming more than a bit of a nuisance.

Nioh worried about tracking them down, but it appeared he didn’t need to, as they accosted him as he was walking down the road “Oi you, messenger boy!” One of the knights clad in blue steel called out to him “We’ve seen you running around these roads, we’ve got a few questions for you.” He spoke menacingly, and his four friends made motions to reach for their weapons in threat.

Nioh took a deep breath to try and still himself before speaking, his voice coming out more calmly than he felt in the moment “I’m sure it’s the same line of questioning you’ve put others through, but I am not here to give you answers today. I am here to tell you to stop attacking the citizens and visitors to our great city and leave.” He paused, then puffed out his chest to try and make himself look threatening “If you know what’s good for you.”

There was a long beat of silence before all five knights burst into laughter. It caused Nioh to blush and deflate a little, but he knew he wasn’t intimidating at all so he didn’t take it to heart. When the leader of the group collected himself, he drew his lance and shield and smiled viciously at Nioh “I’ll make you eat those words kiddo…”

The man started a Lance Charge at Nioh and, to the mage’s surprise, he wasn’t overrun with fear. Instead a focus settled over him and he knew what he needed to do. When the knight got close to Nioh and raised his lance up to pierce, Nioh extended his free hand and let loose a wave of electricity, a Lightning Weave, running through the knight’s body and causing his leg to seize up as he tried to strike out at Nioh, bringing him up short.

With the opening the paralysis left for him, Nioh brought up his staff and charged electricity into the paddle Lightning Bolt With a flash of light, the electricity struck out at the man’s chest and flung him away from Nioh. The magician turned to the rest of the group, their eyes wide and shocked for only a moment before raising their shields and attempting an advance upon Nioh.

He charged electricity once more at the tip of his staff, allowed time enough to do so due to the knights approaching him warily “I wish I didn’t have to do this, but you all are just too stubborn… Lightning Bead.” He swung his staff and launched a small sphere of compressed lightning at the grouped up knights. Upon coming into contact with one of their shields, it exploded outwards and flung them all in different directions.

Nioh watched them all get up, battered and bleeding but still alive. Some people might call it a mistake to spare them, but he didn’t want to take their lives unless absolutely necessary “I’ll try this again. Leave, now…” He made a show of channeling electricity to his staff, bolts sparking off and making the knights jump “If you know what’s good for you.” Four ran away, but the leader stayed long enough to give Nioh one last hateful glare before following.

Nioh let out a sigh, his hands shaking minutely. He was glad that mess was through, now he could deal with the mess of finding Set. Joy.

Word Count: 1293/1000

Abilities Used:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum