Noticed [Job|Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Noticed [Job|Solo] Empty Noticed [Job|Solo] 02/07/18, 07:12 am

Aharon

Aharon
D-Tier
D-Tier

Job info:

"Hey boy, what are you doing behind that desk?" a rather nasally voice barked in Aharon's direction. He had been sitting at the circulation desk reading some gravity magic notes that the librarian Dorothy left behind for him, and was unaware that someone had even come in. Looking up from the papers Aharon ran his eyes over the newcomer. He wore the uniform of an academy professor, and stood only a few centimeters taller than Aharon himself. A pair of round black glasses sat perched on his nose.

"It isn't boy, my name is Aharon and I work here." Aharon responded shortly before  returning his gaze to the papers in front of him though he quickly followed up with "What can I do for you, sir?". There was no doubt in the boy's mind that Dorothy would fire him on the spot if she knew that he had been less that courteous to a professor, and so he felt it quite prudent to toe the line.

"Yes well sorry about that, Aharon is it? I am Professor Goldman, magical history department. I really hope you can help me. I am looking for a certain book on the Magi. It will be a large volume, entitled a history of the Sorcerers of Creation. There is no known author. Can you please check the records and see if it is currently in the library?" the man inquired before setting a hefty briefcase down on the desk. 

"Sure thing, give me one moment" Aharon replied before jumping up from his seat, and making his way to the filing cabinets behind him. After a few moments a took a single card from a drawer, and then slung it shut. "A history of the Sorcerers of Creation, reference section, tenth row, fifth case in on the right, 121 shelves from the bottom. Should be roughly in the middle of the shelf. Will you be needing a ladder, or can you fly there on your own professor?"

Goldman laughed, and shook his head side to side. "No young man I won't be needing a ladder. I'll be needing you to grab yourself one and fetch it for me however." he said rather confidently. He then snapped his fingers for dramatic effect. "Now hop to it young man. I don't have all day."

Now Aharon was usually pretty good at picking his battles, and knew that this was not the time to live out his sudden fantasy of smashing the professor's head into the circulation desk. It didn't matter what Dorothy might do to him but what he might do himself. Academy professors were supposed to be the most elite Magicians alive, and there was no way he could go toe to toe with one. Pushing his anger deep into his stomach, Aharon grabbed himself a ladder and went to find the book.

It did not take the young magician long to find what he had been looking for. His predecessor had not taken great care to keep the stacks organized but ever since he arrived and applied his meticulous nature and work ethic to the Library of Merlin things were beginning to make a lot more sense. Taking the book in hand Aharon returned to the circulation desk to hand it off to Professor Goldman.

"Here you go, bring it back in two weeks or there will be a fine. Is there anything else I can assist you with professor?" Aharon asked presenting the book to Goldman.

"Just maybe. Where is Dorothy? I might need her to let you have the day off tomorrow. I have a very important meeting with some of the brightest academic minds in the world then, and I could use some help organizing my notes." Goldman said with a bright smile on my face.

"Shes at home sir, but why me?" Aharon asked looking clueless. "I was getting the impression you didn't like me very much."

"Oh that is Dorothy's doing I'm afraid. She told me it was terribly easy to get you riled up. I just had to see it for myself." Goldman chuckled before pushing his glasses closer to his face. "The reason I want you is because even with magic the student who held your position before you took an hour to find that book the last time I needed it. You did it in ten minute with a ladder. I can only guess that is because you have spent some personal time attending to the library. Am I wrong?"

Aharon smiled, and his cheeks became flush. It was nice that this professor had noticed his effort and dedication to serving the Library. "Perhaps not, but are you sure I'm the guy you want?"

Goldman shook his head in the affirmative. "Conference room B, tomorrow night at five. Don't be a moment late. We will have about an hour to get organized before this meeting gets underway. I have no doubt that you will be a great help." Professor Goldman then turned his back and hurried out of the library.

End.

Wordcount
842/500

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum