Trently
Adrastos Thanatos
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

In light of recent events, I have made this topic to encourage members to provide input on how they think we should best move forward with the site. With that said, letting the suggesting commence.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Community Suggestions in Regards to the Future 3oCk1sb

Community Suggestions in Regards to the Future 7kZv0Du
Community Suggestions in Regards to the Future AmCJaPN Community Suggestions in Regards to the Future Ltg0RVb Community Suggestions in Regards to the Future VjD0Py3

Trait Points: 4/11 | SoS: 1

Trently

Trently
A-Tier
A-Tier

We could move to Proboards and leave Forumotion Magi World as an archive but it seems we have always had issues on moving to Proboards so maybe that would not be a good idea.

However, one thing I do think we can do to help the site move forward is introduce an Advertisement and Referral System instead of an event every now and then. This is would be good I feel to always have lots of new players coming in and bringing in a new batch of characters.

Aside from those two ideas, I advise maybe from now on instead of certain region events, we could do more worldwide events that involve every location for the most part. This or we can introduce new Magi and spread them around the world for people's plots and future events that would better induce the concept of the Magi. Oh, and also maybe hire more Moderators to get grading done faster and etc.

Community Suggestions in Regards to the Future 35360610

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Activity is dead. Activity has died for quite some time. People lose interest and get busy, that is life. I haven't met anyone here who isn't passionate about the site. We haven't recruited since the beta event, this post on 10/22/16. Over a year and a half of potential new players being lost to poor management. Yes, we've been in an event that should've ended long ago, but waiting any longer for the battles and the dungeon to finish is just us taking more steps back. We have to understand that seeing the climax of the event will be a strong advertising point for us, even if people can't participate. They wouldn't be able to truly participate or enjoy an event at D-tier anyway. Most players aren't going to leave because they can't join the current event, and if they do, they would probably leave the moment they miss an event. The activity on the site as well as the discord seems to be at an all-time low, especially considering it's nearing the summer season, people are free and not here.

My main concern is that we need to be united as a site and determine if we want to advertise now or wait until the event is over. We have been waiting and that's why we're in this situation. Please discuss this subject, not discussing it takes away your voice in the matter. I'm am not asking you to argue your opinion, I'm asking you to make your opinion known.

Community Suggestions in Regards to the Future ZuxZMnk

Trently

Trently
A-Tier
A-Tier

In response to Eight,

I agree, a massive advertisement event or some type of advertisement move to get the name of Magi World out there is needed and soon too. We are at an all time low I feel but our best bet is to save it for the very end of the war when the war is over and done for the most part. However, before that, I predict a big update system wise and plot wise can be very beneficial if made before the advertisement event. Around this time, the hiring of more Moderators could probably be done to increase the time in which things are graded and plot posts are pumped out. We need to wrap things up during the Summer and get out advertisements once we have things just about over and done with, being able to move on to better things.

Community Suggestions in Regards to the Future 35360610

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

In response to this discussion, before we hore any new staff members or do any advertising we need finish what we've been working on. Theres alot of work we have to do before we can advertise or go around recruiting people, I personally handle all the staff training and there's alot that needs to be taught, if we hired a bunch of people right now work would slow down more since they'd all need to be traines, and currently any new staff members that weren't staff before would need a months training atleast. You make think activity is at an all time loq but we've had less activity before. We do have plans for things to get the community going again.

Community Suggestions in Regards to the Future OJgAYLo

Ja'Ro

Ja'Ro
D-Tier
D-Tier

I say we have another Advertisement event. This time it'll be more like recruiting though. No need to spam other forums unless they have a solid member base. That way we affiliate with forums that have life in them instead of sucking life out of a dead forum. I say if any of us could bring 2-3 solid people to the forum activity would increase immensely. Thats another reason I say bring back the Chatbox. Yes discord is convenient, however it takes away from that hospitality feel. That's why i believe forumotion is on a downward spiral. To many of its forums are using discord instead of their chatbox. Bringing in our own lore into what we know about MAGI. There's no reason we should be forced to wait on the manga. We could take what we know and expand on it. Bring in new ideas and concepts. That alone would make the forum more appealing for people who are interested in, maybe not magi, but standard rpg type concepts etc. For example Dungeons/Djinn. Dungeon Beasts are what? Beasts. Imagine instead of a Djinn there was a Legend Beast as the Proprietor of the dungeon. They in their own right could compare to a Djinn in power, but they offer something different than what the djinn offer. What if there are other beings similar to Solomon. What if the world of Magi as we knew it was only focused on a single continent. There are tons of ideas we could expand upon.

That's all I have for now.

Community Suggestions in Regards to the Future Sig10

Spoiler:

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

While I agree that we need to expand our memberbase, whether it be through advertising or tagging friends, I feel we do need to retain a sense of tradition in doing so - not stagnation - but respect for the source of this site. It is wonderful that we have expanded upon the material of Ohtaka to a suitable degree, and kept that creativity alive with further additions to these ideas, I feel there is no need to diverge from it - the way we have taken Magi’s information and used it is very good. That being said, I think that it is possible we could draw further form the source - encourage the use of countries which players cannot be afgialiated with, not necessarily for players to become affiliated with, but to present a powerful antagonist force taht players themselves are not part of. An example would be using Kina in some future event, where they invade Kou - and no, I’m not asking for another way in Kou... we’ve only just got to the end of this one. This also could encourage greater memeber interaction as they could submit their own ideas for the people in these countries, akin to the one-off NPC workshops we had. Anyways, this is more a little post for me in my drunken state to post my thoughts and maybe insert some ideas into our already brilliant staff team.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum