1Racials Empty Racials 01/06/18, 11:58 am

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Fanalis Roar:
First Harpoon:

Borg:

It was brought to my attention that the racials have different costs, with Fanalis and Imuchakks racials being free and Magician Borg costing 5 magoi.

We need to have a unified cost. One possible solution is that we just apply standard cost to these abilities,
20 Stamina for Fanalis Roar
30 Magoi for First Harpon
10 Magoi per rank of Borg.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Racials ZuxZMnk

2Racials Empty Re: Racials 01/06/18, 04:25 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

In my honest opinion, I really feel like they are fine as is. I have no issues with paying a 5 measly magoi for an auto-shield, nor am I bothered by the fact the other races racials are free. I really don't think we need to fix something that ain't broken.

Racials BgH0fcQ
---
Traits Points: 0/8
Shards of Solomon: x2

3Racials Empty Re: Racials 02/06/18, 11:34 am

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

Making Racials cost the same as abilities is pointless. If you do that, there'd be no real reason to use them because they'd just be like other abilities and you might as well just make your own versions.

Spending so much on the Magician's Borg when you match the cost to normal abilities, something that is supposed to be a passive and automatic reaction, is ridiculous. To be honest, I don't see why the first use of the borg in a thread isn't free and then other times it costs 5 magoi. You would still have the 3 post "cool down" for when it breaks or gets damaged, but every time you use the borg after that initial use, it would cost 5 magoi.

Racials 3oCk1sb

Racials 7kZv0Du
Racials AmCJaPN Racials Ltg0RVb Racials VjD0Py3

Trait Points: 4/11 | SoS: 1

4Racials Empty Re: Racials 02/06/18, 05:38 pm

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

@Eight Why do we need a unified cost? What's the point of that?

I do agree the racials should change so that none of them are free. That said, making them have full costs of comparable abilities is flawed for the reasons Neo already pointed out.

I suggest half costs for Fanalis and Imuchakk racials, just like how magic tool abilities work. That way they are still cheap to use, but do bare a cost that prevents them from being spammed to infinity.

As for the borg, it's a different case. Because of two main points.

1. The borgs strength doesn't scale based on the attack it's blocking. So making the cost fit the tier of ability being used doesn't make sense.

2. The borg is a phenomenon created by the rukh first and foremost. It's only really an "ability" when a magician consciously replicates what the rukh do naturally.

Obviously the borg shouldn't be free. I don't understand why Neo thinks it should be free the first use, but not free for follow up uses either. Instead I think keeping the borgs cost as a flat low rate would be best. 5 or 10 magoi for example.

It should still get a nerf though and I feel that could be done best with the borg breaking. Instead of recharging after 3 turns, how about it recharges after three turns but only if you provide a large sum of magoi based on your rank?

5Racials Empty Re: Racials 03/06/18, 12:24 pm

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

It was a suggestion brought to me by someone else. In regards to the cost, would the limitation you mentioned still apply if we pay 10 magoi??

Racials 3oCk1sb

Racials 7kZv0Du
Racials AmCJaPN Racials Ltg0RVb Racials VjD0Py3

Trait Points: 4/11 | SoS: 1

6Racials Empty Re: Racials 03/06/18, 01:06 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

I'm popping in to speak lore-wise, First Harpoon should have a magoi cost due to it... well... costing magoi! I honestly never looked at it like that until now. It doesn't have to have a huge magoi cost but it should have one.

That's common sense.

For the Borg, if you really wanted to slap a nerf on it, you could make it cost the amount of a D tier ability at all ranks due to it being... natural. The strength of it is based off of some unknown value which I would assume is either:

• Power level. ( I know it's DBZ-esque but I'm using it as an umbrella term. )
  • Magoi amount.
  • Magoi control.
  • All of the above.

As for the cost of the First Harpoon, I don't know if it'd be fair to slap a B tier ability cost on it. I would suggest C tier at most. This is to keep it still unique. If you slapped a normal ability cost on it, then it's not special to them. You just gave them a free ability.

Fanalis Roar is a natural process that occurs in their body when they take in a lot of air and use that to create an extremely loud resonance with their voice as well as reach inhuman high levels of sound.

It's funny but they would be pretty... deadly opera singers with that vocal range.

I feel that a cost is not needed but if you wanted to slap a D tier stamina cost on it, it wouldn't hurt them too much.

Holding your highest note is vocally tiring but honestly I'm not 100% sure if it would exert that much stamina in a realistic setting. I'm just thinking about the balance.

But like what Rima said, aside from the First Harpoon lacking a cost, I don't see why the balance obsession is still carrying on. No sense in fixing what isn't broken. (At least right now).

Racials 001
Racials 002Racials 003

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum