Bleeh
MAGOI
260/260
STAMINA
340/340
WC
425/2000

D
ullahan’s ears flicked back in fright, bleating loudly as static electricity crackled around his horns. His button-like eyes were trained on the figure before him, full of confusion and fear. What had happened? The goat’s simple mind could not fully register the predicament that his friend was in. All he could see was a bipedal beast dressed in her armor.

Its claws were held out, sharp teeth glinting in the sunlight. Dullahan didn’t dare look at its eyes. Instead, his scream echoed through the forest before he begun to charge forwards. Whatever this fearsome monster had done to Jingyi, it would pay! Such was the line of instinctive thought that ran through the Ferrum Carpa’s mind.

With a yell of something akin to “Woah!”, the monster jumped aside. Dullahan wheeled around to face his opponent before he reared back onto his hind legs. Front hooves waved in the air in an attack akin to blows, the small goat hopping to close distance. But the red-furred creature was seemingly experienced with the pattern of attack, weaving in and out. But not once did its sharp claws rake against his vulnerable belly.

After the onslaught of failed attacks, Dullahan dropped back down. His sides heaved with breath and anger as his horns lowered. But the beast lunged forwards, grabbing him by the deadly weapons. But before electricity could be discharged, his foe twisted, pulling the both of them down.

“Calm down, Dulla!” A voice strikingly familiar shouted. Dullahan braced himself for sharp fangs and the incoming ground, but instead landed in a side of fur. Powerful arms wrapped loosely around his neck, fingers soothingly stroking his cheek. Fear seized the beast, but no pain fell upon Dullahan. No, the loving gestures of affection -kisses to the top of the head, pets, belly scratches- continued to calm him down.

“You silly boy, I know I look different, but can’t you recognize me?” Once more the voice asked. It was different from before, but the way it spoke reminded him of home. Dullahan shifted in the grip, breathing in the scent of the beast who embraced him. Then his shoulders slacked and Dulla finally leaned fully into it.

“Ha, I knew it! Dulla, you wouldn’t forget who I am~ Though, I suppose I did scare you, huh?” His tamer -no, companion- asked with a laugh. Despite having her appearance completely changed, despite completely scaring the ever-loving hell out of Dullahan, Jingyi somehow managed to calm him down without hurting him.
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

──────────────────────────────────────────────

{ Alt Account: Amatus Laertes & Merari }

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

J I N G Y I

MY SWORD IS A LIFE TAKER
NOTES
Bleeh
MAGOI
260/260
STAMINA
340/340
WC
961/2000

A
lright, it's time to train, Dulla!" Jingyi chirped as she untangled herself from her beast. The goat in question, despite lacking any ability to verbally speak, was still surprisingly communicative. The way he snorted and bit onto her elbow were all his ways of saying "you've been slacking, missy". And Jingyi knew that too.

Ever since the battle, ever since finding out her actions had callously ended Endolf's life and turned her into this, Jingyi has stopped. Her whetstone went gathering dust as hours meant for training were simply wasted. But no more. She still had a long ways to climb if she ever wanted to reach her goals. She had lost her mentor because she was too weak.

But that wasn't going to happen anymore.

Her fingers grasped Yu Chang's hilt. She'll be strong enough to defend who she has left. Her lips twisted into a lopsided smile; if Dylan truly was dead, then she'll make his spirit proud. Look how far I've come since we met.

"Right!" The word she uttered, simple and small, fully draw Jingyi out of her thoughts. The rings that adorned Yu Chang's blade clanged as Jingyi lifted the blade, its end pointing square at Dullahan.

"We're gonna be going up against a lot more terrifying people, Dulla! A lot of them are gonna be stronger than I am." Her own admission was a blow to her ego, but it was a truth that Jingyi couldn't dance around. "If you can't even fare well against me, then I can't hope to bring you, Dullahan."

She watched as those ears flicked back in annoyance, the motion accompanied by a hefty snort. Good, her words were provoking the grouchy beast.

Jingyi lowered the sword mockingly, fangs bared in a taunting smile. Dullahan's hoof scuffed the dirt before he suddenly charged forwards.

With an easy leap to the side, the Ferrum Capra went barrelling past her. Jingyi's expression dropped in favor of something that displayed her disappointment. That was much too easy to read.

That was her fault, too. The capabilities of the beast relied on their master just as much as it depended on themselves. While it was true that some skills were born with, the vast majority were created during training. Any of Dullahan's weaknesses were squarely because of Jingyi.

Perhaps she has been too soft with her darling beast. Her own mentor, Zihao had tempered her with steel. A sword was sharpened with the pain of a whetstone. Warriors grow through the wounds they face on the battlefield. Dullahan would have to face all of these too, if Jingyi wished to train him. If she wished to make herself a legendary beast-tamer.

Turning on her heel, Jingyi pushed herself forwards. Dullahan's only warning was that familiar ringing as the woman brought her blade down. Using Yu Chang's dull side, she whacked the beast in reprimanding.

Actions speak louder than words: each time you fail, you'll get a smack.

The training was harsher, sterner. But Jingyi knew it was what Dullahan needed to become a better beast. This was how the Beast-Tamer was going to raise him: through sweat and blood. It was, after all, how she had reached this point.

ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

J I N G Y I

MY SWORD IS A LIFE TAKER
NOTES
Bleeh
MAGOI
260/260
STAMINA
340/340
WC
1593/2000

T
he sound of chirping awoke Jingyi to the new day. She dragged herself out of her tent, eyes falling on Dullahan who napped besides the now dead fire. The wool hid the bruises he had gained during their already week-long training.

He certainly improved during that time, Jingyi thought as she chewed on her bottom lip. But what about her? What has she done to become a better Beast Tamer? Yes, a part of the skill was improving the natural-born skills of a creature. But the other was dominating over an aggressive animal - and seldom has she actually... done that.

It was time to change that.

With that in mind, Jingyi snuck away from her makeshift camp and left Dullahan and her weapons to rest. The forest was filled with all sorts of dangerous monsters and it was finally time to test her mettle against them.

"Watch out, beasties - Sherif Jingyi is in town to lay down the law!" She mumbled aloud before chuckling. Her eyes scanned the foliage whilst she walked. There was no carefulness to keep quiet; her boots crunched twigs, her claws scrapped bark, and her tail disturbed the underbrush. It was only a matter of time before it garnered the attention of something.

And that moment came: from her far right came the shuffling of shrubs. Immediately Jingyi's attention snapped to it and she caught sight of black fur. Looks like she wandered right into something's territory and it was mad - puuurfect, that's exactly what she needed.

A low growl rumbled from the wolf-like beast as it finally fully appeared in view. Even if she wasn't as... vertically challenged, the thing would have been huge! Unfortunately for it though, it's fangs and growls meant nothing to her.

Jingyi simpled grinned to reveal her own set of chompers and the snarl that left her lips thundered loudly than that of the beast's. Immediately its ears flicked back before it launched itself forwards. Her hands flew up, catching it by the throat before swinging it away.

The wolf hit the ground, rolled, and then staggered to its paws. He was still angry and still willing to fight for dominance. Too bad for him because she was going to be the winner!

Before he could launch another attack, Jingyi closed the gap between them. She sunk her claws into its fur and pushed down, her strength easily overpowering the poor wolf. Any growls were deafened by her own, her glare unwavering at the sight of its teeth.

As the power-lock continued, her heart continued to race in her ears. From side to side her tail lashed, the flame that burned at its end bright and furious. Not an inch the wolf moved but downwards at each attempt to struggle his way out. Nor did he ever achieve to wound her; its only rewards were the digging of her own claws.

Finally, the beast's tail flicked inwards. Her grip loosened and the wolf flopped downwards, ears pressed back. Jingyi had won.

"Aww, what a cute boy you are!" She cooed, kneeling down by its head. Her touch became gentle as she scratched the top of the wolf's head. The feel of her claws kept its maw shut from snapping back. "I don't think I'mma keep you, but you're gonna follow for a while. 'Kay?" Jingyi asked as she got back to her feet. The motion allowed for the wolf to pull itself back up.

With a snap of her fingers, Jingyi turned and began to walk. But no paw-steps followed. Immediately, the soldier threw a glance over her shoulder at the wolf, red eyes meeting brown. Its head bowed before it trotted over to her side. In reward, the newly dubbed Inugami received a head pat! "See? You're such a good boy~"
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

J I N G Y I

MY SWORD IS A LIFE TAKER
NOTES
Bleeh
MAGOI
260/260
STAMINA
340/340
WC
2000+/2000

H
er hand papped the wolf's nose in warning after he refused to listen to her "heel!". Immediately the wolf paused in place, his tail disappearing between his legs. "See? That wasn't so hard, now was it!" Jingyi whispered, lowering her hand to look forwards again.

The reason for their halt: there was a gigantic bear-like creature snuffling around. Its back was turned, but a glance at its head told Jingyi that it was still alert. If she had to guess, it was either sniffing around for any intruders in its territory, looking for food, or both. Either way, it meant it meant it was time to see how well she had trained Inugami in the hours they had together.

Jingyi flicked her fingers in the direction of the beast. However, Inugami simply glanced at her with a cautious look. No? The Manticore's eyes narrowed in warning disappointment whilst she repeated the action. Go. The wolf's ears flick back, his gaze dropping from her face before he gave the bear one-over.

Then, Inugami dropped down and began to sneak forwards. "Whatta good boy..." Jingyi whispered to herself as she ducked behind a tree as to not blow her newfound friend's cover. Forward he crawled until he was finally within distance of the bear.

At the sound of his loud howl, Jingyi threw herself forwards. The bear whipped around, only to meet the tamer's fist (as to keep Inugami safe from its claws). The blow dazed the wild monster, its head shaking furiously to clear the stars.

"C'mon, Inugami!" Jingyi whooped, the encouragement sending the beast in question flying. His jaws chomped down on the bear's arm, which resulted in the trees shaking from a series of furious roars. Before the beast had the chance to bat off the annoying pest, Jingyi grabbed onto its free limb and tugged back.

The bear's strength was no comparison for her own, which only resulted in even more bellows of anger. But within moments, it was cut off as Inugami gave a final blow to their shared adversary.

"I'm glad you trusted me there, Inugami~" Jingyi chirped as she stepped away from the dead meat. Her palms wiped on her pants, eyes watching the wolf. "Nothing to worry about at all! This was plenty fun, huh?" Her words meant nothing to Inugami, but it was clear as crystal that he got the message regardless.

"I'mma run back home and you drag this back to your pack."

At that, the wolf's ears perked up. Jingyi simply motioned with her hands with the bear, moving them as to motion for Inugami to drag it away. Inugami's tail lifted as if he was about to wag before he approached cautiously. Her palm found his head, offering another set of scratches that finally done him in. The black-furred wolf's tongue lolled out, tail wagging as he enjoyed their last moment of comraderie.

"Aaaanyways, you take care of yourself out here, Inguami!" And with that, both left for their separate ways. It was time for Jingyi to check up on Dullahan anyways: who knew how steamed the goat was at being left.
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

D O N E

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum