Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Below The Snow
Tier: B
Class: Ranger/Assassin
Type: Supplementary
Range: N/A
Requirements/Drawbacks: This ability may only be used on the Continent of Imuchakk and not within the Village/Chieftain Tent.
Scaling: Crevasse Width - 10 Stamina
Sustain: N/A
Cool Down: Once Per Thread
Cost: 30 Stamina
Description:

Vodarara has survived within the environment of Imuchakk for his lifespan.
    His knowledge of the terrain and its subtle traits are at their peak potential allowing him to identify locations of Crevasse's by eye that he can use to bait creatures into as natural pitfall traps.

Crevasse's are 50ft deep and at least 5ft wide (Scaling increases the width by 5ft) - falling into the crevasse applies B tier damage to the first two limbs that impact the base of it.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

2Prototype Technique Empty Re: Prototype Technique 18/03/18, 11:56 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

...Why Voda.
I will murder you someday.

But anyway though, I'm gonna be completely honest, this seems to just be a plot device. If you're gonna use it for combat, you will need to specify the range and place the correct cooldown (three posts). If it's just plot though, I'm gonna count it as a social ability and therefore you don't need to register it.

3Prototype Technique Empty Re: Prototype Technique 20/03/18, 03:10 pm

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Technically there are no restrictions regarding if an ability can have a worse cooldown - the minimum within the ability system is 3 posts - once per thread is much worse.

Regarding range - range is dependant on how we decide to classify it - should it be from when the effect is triggered or to located a crevasse itself.

4Prototype Technique Empty Re: Prototype Technique 20/03/18, 07:25 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

I apologize if I intrude on this, Ariel but-- There is a huge issue with this and this ability should NOT be allowed.

You may not have an ability like this and I'll tell you why:

While it is fine to be able to notice these crevasses, you wouldn't be able to use an ability to just assume they are wherever you please. You can't create natural terrain to this extent just by pulling the information out of your ass.

Nowhere in the ability system does it say that the cool downs are a minimum requirement. They are a static requirement. The only time where we would adjust the cool down length on an ability is if it is granted in a special case. While there isn't any rule stating you couldn't have a more severe cool down, there isn't any rule saying you can.

Range would be required if this was even allowed. You would have to set a diameter around yourself which would limit how far away you would be able to notice one of these crevasses.

TL;DR: Your argument is ignorant. This ability is rejected because this can be used to create terrain wherever you please without any sort of magic or physical labor.

Prototype Technique 001
Prototype Technique 002Prototype Technique 003

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum