340/340
MAGOI
260/260
NOTES
@Oliver Oxford
WC
595/1500

E
ver since befriending Dullahan, Jingyi had found that trips have grown increasingly easier and more fun. No longer did she have to hitch rides (or pay for them) now that she had her very own beast who was willing to give her a ride. It certainly saved her time by riding upon the goat's back, plus it kept her from walking for who knows how long on her poor feet. Not only that, Dullahan was just as fast she was, which was a grateful boost.

But what was the greatest benefit, while remaining as the worst boon, was the fact that Jingyi could take her time to sightsee as she zigzagged across Kou in order to reach different military camps. No longer was she constricted to the time schedules of any ride that the redhead had taken in the past; no, now all she had to worry was about getting to her destination before the time limit. Sure, she did stretch it once in awhile, but that wasn't a bad thing!

And that's how the Beast Tamer and her goat found themselves investigating a flyer that had smacked Jingyi in the face while riding. Pulling it off, she had Dullahan stop so she could better read the slip of paper, which, in the end, was actually quite troublesome. It was entailing for the help of some guards to protect the very town she was traveling through from the raids of bandits. They've been making it their duty to attack during the dead of night, stealing off any supplies, women, and children that their sticky fingers fell upon.

Jingyi couldn't help herself but frown as she read through the letter, her fingers crunching the poor paper that rested in her grip. She wasn't sure if this kind of trouble existed out of her hometown prior to the civil war, but the fact that pigs like these were taking advantage of others in such a time? Only physical smells could have made the soldier feel even more disgusted than she was whenever she thought of situations such as these.

It was a time where the men and women of Kou were to unite with each other to defend their ideals and ways of life. Yoshiro threatened to rip away fundamental parts of Kou, culture and tradition that had made the country into the empire it was. According to the other side, Gao was threatening the peace of the world and was a madman to be fought against. Each side had something worth fighting for, and while it was unfortunate that it had led to war, but it was something that united the people together on their respective side. Like all civil wars, their conflict was a devastating one. Brothers fought against brothers, and many villages were left in a state of helplessness due to the disappearance of their strongest to fight in the war. And for scum like bandits, slavers, and all around criminals to take advantage of that?

If she was an angrier person, there would be no doubt that the woman would've snarled to herself. Crinkling the paper back into a state where Jingyi could read it, she scanned it for more information before stuffing it away in her back pocket. With a nudge to Dullahan's side, the goat was turned around and began to trot. Their direction would be the nearest border opening of the village. She had a civic duty to help protect these soldiers. She could hasten her trip to the military base later.
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

Inventory:

Job Details:

──────────────────────────────────────────────

{ Alt Account: Amatus Laertes & Merari }

2Night Guard [Job/Oliver] Empty Re: Night Guard [Job/Oliver] 18/07/17, 12:22 am

Oliver Oxford

Oliver Oxford
β-Tier
β-Tier

The rhythmic humming of someone sitting at the border of the town could be heard, someone was standing watch as the red haired Jingyi approached.  Who could it be other than someone else from the very same faction that she started with a group of confidants, Oliver Oxford of the Varia group!

He was seated on a stump of a chair.  Whittled down from a hewed over tree, one leg cast over the other, the foot bobbing as his fingers drummed against the post of the village gate. He was humming something incoherent, obviously something from his home that he heard as a child?  But just what was he doing here and how did he get here before his flame headed compatriot?

The sandy taupe haired author away from home had received information about this job from his assassin trainer, Takane.  That old crone was always trying to get him to do things and further his career as an assassin.  If it wasn't the mercenary groups trying to drag him back home forcibly, it was Takane and her shadow organization trying to mold him into a proper killer.  Was it his flippant attitude that made him the perfect candidate for it?  Who knew?

He was dressed in a full jacket that had fringe along the ends and short sleeves.  Under the jacket he wore a shirt that favored monochrome colors.  A sharp diagonal cutoff of color from black and white.  Black on the bottom and up toward the left arm and white on the opposite end of the shirt.  The sleeves stuck out with black and white alternating dots along to his hands.  The sleeves seemed baggy.  On his lower body was a pair of dark beige colored pants.  Shoes on his feet.  He was directing his gaze up to the sky, counting the stars while breathing in the gentle warm night's air.

It wouldn't be until he heard someone approaching that he sighed and stood up, kicking Big Dipper on the side to make the weapon flip into the air with a flourish before he caught it and pointed the stick outward to the approaching figure.

"Halt who goes there? And all that other jazz." He didn't seem to into the role of guard, but Oliver was more than capable of holding his own in a fight.  Oliver was ready to get into a fight.  He had one apparent weapon on his body.  hanging off his hips under the jacket were pouches containing his new orb weapon called Asteroid Belt and numerous hidden knives of The Satellites collection.

On the East, West and North ends of the village were groups of guards, but Oliver was selected to guard the South alone? Big shoes to fill.  So when the dark figure became more apparent, he sighed in relief. "Hey Jingyi, fancy meeting you here. What in the Blue Blazes of Djinn are you doing traveling around at this time of night?"

He waved her over to stand near the gate with him, looking to strike up some conversation and pass some time.  He had no clue that the village was close to being attacked by some unsavory folk, he thought he was just standing guard for the night!

Word Count:

3Night Guard [Job/Oliver] Empty Re: Night Guard [Job/Oliver] 18/07/17, 03:21 pm

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

J I N G Y I

MY SWORD IS A LIFE TAKER
STAMINA
340/340
MAGOI
260/260
NOTES
-
WC
1367/1500

S
eeing that she was supposed to be out on military business, and the overall danger that plagued Kou due to the civil war, Jingyi had donned her regular "outfit". As always, she wore her traditional white Hitatare, the sleeves covered by a lightweight Kote sleeve. Her robes, otherwise known as Hitatare, was white except for a black accent along the down of the shirt, the hem, and the collar. Her Kote was the same shade of white, with black cuffs and a red x-stitch pattern along the sides. Her top was matched by a Kobakama, the off-black pants tied off around her knees. Beneath the shorts were a pair of Kyahan, white and gray leggings that tucked into a pair of white tabi socks. Jingyi also made the choice to wear black Geta sandals for her footwear, tied so they wouldn't fall off while she ran or rode Dullahan. As for armor, it was her matching monochromatic black set. A kusari chain pad protected her left shoulder, its brother Sode armor protecting her right while a pair of Tekko guards kept her hands safe. Along with it was a Do breastplate that would hopefully keep her chest safe, along with a small Tare throat guard. Her legs were guarded by a Kusazuri thigh plates with Suneate protecting her shins and Hiza Yoroi for her knees. The final thing that could be noted about her appearance was the red string-rope used to tie the armor together and the white sash-like belt where she kept the clip sheath for Fujin. Her outfit was far different from the clothes she had worn when she had met Oliver the last two times, but her scarlet hair and ruby eyes would always be a dead giveaway to her identity. It also helped that she traditionally never wore any sort of face guard or helmet that obscured her face.

The reason why the red-haired soldier went for such a monochromatic wardrobe was, in part, because it matched the uniforms of her clan. And not only that, she found that it contrasted better with Fujin's scarlet tassel, allowing her enemies to be better drawn to it and not realize the fact that her blade was about to bite into their skin.

Dullahan snorted as he heard Oliver's voice, a first for the girl's newly acquired partner. The tamer in questioned gave a reassuring pat to the goat and urged him to continue walking, a large smile already on her face as she faced the familiar author. It hasn't been too long since they had last seen each other, but it was always nice to see an old face. The soldier wasn't paying too much attention to the boy or his arsenal, and it was doubtful that the red head would've noticed his other weapons even if she was. Her only obvious weapon was Fujin, the blade tucked in the folds of her sash belt and ready to be deployed. Her armed state was obvious since Jingyi did little to ever hide her weapons. There were no need for a soldier to do so, after all.

Still clutched in her hand was the flyer that she had came upon earlier, something that one could better spot in her fist as she disembarked her beast. While the goat was giving Oliver his mistrustful evil eye look, Jingyi just shrugged her shoulders with a dismissive smile.

"Hello, Oliver! I hope you've been doing well," Jingyi addressed the greeting first, either not noticing or not caring as Dullahan stepped behind her and loomed over her shoulder protectively, "And as for why I'm here, well, I heard that this town was having some problems," she then answered, holding up the crinkled paper before stuffing it into a pocket of her Kobakama, "I thought I could do something nice and help out, ya know? Something about bandits. Figured I could stop by a post and see if I could sign up."

Crossing her arms over her chest, Jingyi shifted weight from one leg to another as her head cocked to the side. Her hair was still as wild as ever, though the woman had tried to tame it by putting it up in a pony tail. Didn't stop her bangs from falling into her face, though.

"Annnyways," Jingyi continued, one of her red brows raising as she glanced at the author, "What in the "Blue Blazes of Djinn" are you doing at a guard post?" She questioned, a slight smile full of amusement on her face, ignorant of the fact that the very same bandits she had mentioned earlier were coming upon their very gate.
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

4Night Guard [Job/Oliver] Empty Re: Night Guard [Job/Oliver] 18/07/17, 10:42 pm

Oliver Oxford

Oliver Oxford
β-Tier
β-Tier

While Jingyi approached and started talking to him, Oliver got up to his old methods of antagonizing things unintentionally.  Not that he was aware of it or if it was not happening, but with the beast the red head came riding in on giving him the evil eye.  He just had to turn his head and squint the eye that was further away from the beast, widening the other as he gave Dullahan the stink eye with a dopey grin on his face.

"So you're still doin' the whole 'paragon of the people' shtick despite being in Varia? Mind telling me what the hell our group is supposed to do anyway with only a few people?" He took his gaze away from Dullahan to look up to Jingyi and keep his gaze on her while she got off the beast.

"And--as for why Oym here. I figured I needed to get some money for my room.  Plus having enough scratch to get some grub is always a plus side of the whole shtick I have going called 'living'." He would make purposeful air quotes with his fingers as he said the last word, as if it was some sort of hobby of his.  This was just in the lackadaisical and carefree nature of the lad who wanted to be nothing but an author.

Oliver was so preoccupied with speaking to Jingyi that he had not noticed the other dark figures coming at them until the sound of something whistling through the air and thwacking into the gate post right beside his cheek could be heard.  Oliver blinked and felt a little trickle of blood coming down his cheek as a an arrow lodged itself into the wooden gate. "Well--Seems we've got a little bit of company. You want the big guy I'll take the small fry? I get more credit if I take more than one down anyways." He jested at Jingyi while the bandits started running at them at full speed while Oliver brushed on past the heroic girl and twirled his staff overhead before bringing it around to rest along his right hip and up to his left shoulder, letting loose the three-section mode of the weapon, holding on to the end baton lengths, ready for a fight clearly.

The goons were the first to make a move as Oliver ran at them.  Seemed a sneak attack was not in their favor, but they threw daggers at Oliver, a volley of ten of them coming his way.  What a perfect time to show this off, he thought while crouching down before he leapt up and performed two swift sweeping kicks in the air.  He used his Phobos ability, letting loose four knives with the first kick and a second sustained volley of four with the second kick.  The knives would collide with the volley of ten coming his way, having aimed them so that they would clang together and create disruptions for one another.  Oliver even got three knives through dealing three quarters of B-tier damage to one goon in their gut before he landed and was surrounded by the five goons.

"Like I said! I got these louts1 You take dumpy!" He shouted to Jingyi while he put himself int he middle of a fight, unconventional for an assassin.

word count:

Abilities used:

5Night Guard [Job/Oliver] Empty Re: Night Guard [Job/Oliver] 19/07/17, 12:32 pm

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

J I N G Y I

MY SWORD IS A LIFE TAKER
STAMINA
270/340
MAGOI
260/260
NOTES
-
WC
1500+/1500

J
ingyi's brows furrowed together as she spotted an increasingly odd look that Oliver was wearing on his face. It reminded her uneasily of a mad scientist had finished quite the gruesome experiment that no undoubtedly included some poor creature becoming mutilated. But, the boy was a silly one, and he was most likely just pulling the face for a comedic effect.

Dullahan protectively stepped closer to Jingyi, his ears flat against his head as he stared at Oliver. The look had disturbed the goat, but his tamer who leaned against his form didn't seem to notice or mind. Flaring up his nostrils, black eyes squinted in a look of warning at Oliver before Dullahan turned his head away. He wouldn't give the sandy-haired brat the joy of knowing that his grin had bothered him.

"I'm not quite sure what you mean by shtick, Oliver. Is my good nature becoming too much of a routine?" Jingyi inquired innocently with a raise of her brow, an amused smile forming on her face. "And what we're trying to do is attain resources. I don't believe we have a set long-term goal, which is fine by the way, but we'll need something behind our name. I think the mentions of installing our members into positions of power came up too?" The redhead continued with a dismissive wave of her hands. She had originally joined Varia because of the good it was capable of doing, along with the fact it could help her with her own goals. Kou was a military country, and if Gao won the war, it would remain such a way. Other than attaining nobility or being born into it, one would have to either try the political field or simply garner a high rank within the army. And seeing how her dream was to become a commander, well, it all rather fit together in the girl's mind.

Stepping away from Dullahan, Jingyi crossed her arms over her breastplate as her head cocked to the side. "So the aspiring author takes a job as a guard? I know you can fight Dead Diddlers, but what about hooligans who go boo?" Jingyi teased him as her smile gained a playful edge to it. For some times now she had doubts that her partner was nothing but just an aspiring, run-away-author. He did have some tricky abilities up his sleeve, and he apparently learned them from a woman who would throw knives at him.

Dullahan's body suddenly tensed as his ears perked up, snorting as he apparently tried to smell the air. A moment later an arrow embedded itself into the wood by Oliver, leaving him with a scratch on his cheek. Jingyi's red eyes widened in both surprise and anger, her attention diverted by the noise of bandits rushing at their position. The girl mumbled under her breath a few choice words, an art passed down to her by her sailor of a father. With a swift motion of her hand, she withdrew Fujin. Windcutter had certainly changed from the last time Oliver had seen the blade in action, right alongside the soldier who wielded it.

"If you wish it, then I certainly may~" Jingyi somewhat eagerly replied, her eyes narrowing as she raised her blade. The soldier took a deep breath before shooting forwards as she began to charge at the main goon. She had certainly grown much faster in the separating months between their first partnership to their current, evident due to the fact that she was nothing but a blur as she crossed the short distance. Dullahan, not about to be left behind by his tamer, raced after her as the both of them left Oliver to his troubles.

The leader of the bandits, perhaps realizing the hurricane of whooping that was about to be delivered, promptly began to back pedal. His hands reached into his back pockets, fingers curling around a match and a bomb that was almost too big for his fist. Pulling it out, the bandit turned around as he continued to retreat, the match striking against the metal of the bomb. Lighting the fuse, he held it for a moment before looking over his shoulder and throwing it behind him. His speed reared up immediately as he truly began to flee so he wouldn't get caught in the crosshairs of his own weapon.

Dullahan, ever so vigilant over the task of keeping Jingyi safe, cut off in front of the girl and shoved her back. Jingyi grunted as she slammed into pounds of wool, stumbling back and allowing her beast to herd her away, seconds from the miniature explosion.

Meanwhile, the bandit swiftly retrieved his bow and pulled the string taut. An arrow was nocked, aimed straight at the eye of the beast. One of his own eyes closed as he prepared for the Ranged Attack, a smirk gracing his features.

Using her free hand to rub the back of her neck, Jingyi glanced at her enemy before promptly shoving Dullahan aside. As the arrow was released, Jingyi dug the soles of her geta into the dirt, easily sidestepping the attack with a single Power Step.

The thug was notching another arrow when Jingyi clapped her left leg against her kusazuri while using Fujin's tip to point at her target. Dullahan, all too familiar with the starting commands for Lightning Ram, was already racing forwards before he initiated the technique. Static electricity jumped around his top horns as his head lowered, ramming themselves into the bandit's gut quicker than he could react. With a toss of his head, Dullahan used his strength to throw the bandit away after using Lightning Ram.

A sharp whistle from Dullahan forced him to retreat as Jingyi brandished her weapon with a flourishing wave of her arm. The fallen bandit leader was collecting himself off the ground when Jingyi crossed the distance between them. She wasn't running at full speed this time, but instead, she was getting herself ready for the Knock-Out Hit.

Running at the man at an angle, he had finally risen to his feet when Jingyi breached his immediate range. With a swift turn of her heel, the redhead swung out her free hand. The punch socked the bandit leader's nose, her strength behind the blow easily breaking the soft cartilidge, but she didn't stop there. With a quick swipe of her blade, Jingyi raked Fujin across the man's abdomen in a horizontal strike. The blow seemed to be too much for the man, however, apparent when he stumbled back and collapsed.

"Did I put too much oomph into it?" Jingyi thought to herself briefly, her brows furrowing together as she went to sheath Fujin. It was then when she remembered her human partner, causing her to pivot around to check on his well-being. She had handed him five foes to face off, and while she knew that Oliver was a good fighter, Jingyi didn't want to risk the fact that they had outnumbered him too much.
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

Abilities Used:

6Night Guard [Job/Oliver] Empty Re: Night Guard [Job/Oliver] 19/07/17, 11:48 pm

Oliver Oxford

Oliver Oxford
β-Tier
β-Tier

Oliver was surrounded on all sides in a near perfect pentagonal formation by the goons.  Jingyi was dealing with the boss while Oliver mused about what she said regarding the Varia Group.  It was supposed to get them into political positions with their homelands? That was laughable.  Good luck convincing his father that Goi were nothing but human batteries.

But he didn't have time to think about that.  He had these men armed with people stabbers to get down to business with, "Now, boys, I appreciate that you all want to dance with me but I'm a one on one kind of person.  So why don't we take turns alright? Draw straws?"

Why did he always try to annoy people? Well it could be that was just his twisted nature.  It could be that he was just trying to make things more favorable for himself?  Or it could be it was just too funny to witness as the group that was ready to gang up on Oliver break down into one coming right for him.

Oliver spun the staff Big Dipper around his body before he brought it up for an uppercut against the first goon's chin.  It would knock his head back and allow Ollie to pivot about on his heels and crack the end of Big Dipper across the goon's temple, sending him toppling to the ground after knocking them out before they even hit the dirt.

One down, four to go, Oliver rolled his shoulders and prepared for the next attack that would be coming his way. "See, now he drew the short end of the stick. Kind of literally." He shrugged and prepared for the next attack.  The one from his back left and his right came for a pincer attack.

The first goon was met with Oliver bringing his staff down overhead, knocking the person into a bent over position before he lunged forward, thrusting the weapon into the guy's gut.  He finished up with letting the sections of his cane out, twirling it across his body left and right, pummeling their head and body with the weapon before he collected them all into one hand with a powerful uppercut to the underside of the jaw again.

The third goon was getting a special technique.  Oliver leapt backwards onto the fallen down second goon, thrusting out the sections of his cane into a powerful attack. Utilizing Violent Shooting Star, Oliver shot the cane sections out straight into the bridge of the man's nose, sending them toppling over and rolling backwards through the grass.

The other two goons came at him while he was standing on the third and was met with Close Combat. Of course he was able to avoid most of the attacks but he was sliced and stabbed multiple times on the stomach and back.

Oliver winced in pain before a flick of the right hand got a blade sticking out of his sleeve, showing his hand into the goon's cheek, giving him a cheek to cheek piercing and to the ground only to be stomped on with a blade from his shoe, straight into the stomach.

The final goon turned to try and run from the sight of his brothers in arms being trounced so easily. Oliver took out two knives and through them with such precision that he severed both Achilles' Tendons, rendering the man a paraplegic.

When Jingyi finally came over, Oliver waved and winced. "Hey there, would you mind cleaning up the mess? I need to get these wounds treated."

Word count:

Abilities used:

7Night Guard [Job/Oliver] Empty Re: Night Guard [Job/Oliver] 20/07/17, 09:29 am

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

J I N G Y I

MY SWORD IS A LIFE TAKER
STAMINA
270/340
MAGOI
260/260
NOTES
-
WC
1500+

J
ingyi looked over Oliver and snapped her attention, causing Dullahan to perk up and glanced at her. With a motion of her hand, the redhead gestured to the sandy-haired boy and his wounds before bending down and grabbed one of the men. The goat snorted and pressed his ears back before compliantly trotting over to his target. If Oliver would accept it, Dullahan would lick his wounds with his Healing Tongue, the Ferrum Carpa's saliva quickening the process for the scratches to close while disinfecting them.

Meanwhile, Jingyi had grabbed hold of another bandit before dragging them back to the outpost. She held them by their wrists, allowing them to slide against the floor before dropping them by Oliver's abandoned chair. Her first order of business was finding something to tie them with. Pulling out some rope, she used it to bid the bandits together at their torsos before going back.

It only took her a couple of short trips to relocate the goons and their leader to the post, where they would then be tied up in a group. Once she was done, Jingyi took a step back, wiping her hands on her pants leg as she inspected them. She had used a special knot to tie them together, ensuring that they couldn't pull themselves apart no matter which direction they pushed if they woke up.

"Hey, Ollie! That was some good job you did with those goons. I've see you've been practicing some, huh?" Jingyi commented with a smile as she headed back to the author in question. Dullahan, after seeing his tamer, crept away from Oliver to stand at her side instead. "You're not too hurt I hope, yeah?" The redhead asked innocently with a tilt of her head, a soft smile on her face. But behind the affable front, she wondered quietly to herself about the "old croon" who had taught him how to fight. Most authors she met didn't have a clue how to wield the weapons Oliver held, and if she was correct about what she had heard of Magnostadt, they relied on Magic over there. They didn't need mundane, melee weapons, after all. So would that mean that Oliver found someone to train him during his stay in Kou? Or was she just overthinking everything about the author?
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

8Night Guard [Job/Oliver] Empty Re: Night Guard [Job/Oliver] 21/07/17, 09:42 pm

Oliver Oxford

Oliver Oxford
β-Tier
β-Tier

Oliver looked as the big beast came up to him and blinked a couple of times. He was quickly licked all over by the goat thing, and his wounds were treated? Well--that solved the issue of being wounded. Now he had the issue of trying to clean the saliva off of his body.

"Uhm--thank you? I'm alright now. I guess." Oliver stated while holding his arms out, hands pointed toward the ground as he looked at his soaked clothing.

"Wanna come back to my room for the day? I need to get cleaned up and I would like to talk about Varia some more. And yes thank you too you big goat."

Oliver would guide Jingyi back if she joined him, and would show her to the inn of his that he had gotten a room in. He would excuse himself to the bathroom, and in the room were many documents, some signed by Takane and with instructions on who he was to hurt, who he was to kill. All of the names of people that were still in perfect health.

Would Jingyi invade the privacy of her friend? Would she respect it and let him be his own man? Well only one way to tell.

9Night Guard [Job/Oliver] Empty Re: Night Guard [Job/Oliver] 22/07/17, 11:07 am

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

J I N G Y I

MY SWORD IS A LIFE TAKER
STAMINA
270/340
MAGOI
260/260
NOTES
-
WC
1500+

Y
up, I don't mind coming," Jingyi nodded her head with her reply before glancing at Dullahan out of the corner of her eye. The goat had snorted at the gratitude, his head turning away as the ugly look he had been giving Oliver disappeared.

The redhead left Dullahan outside in the inn's stables for the time being before following Oliver inside. Looking around the room that she had been left it, the documents quickly caught her eye.

"So, Ollie! What kind of stuff do you write?" Her voice was raised so Oliver could hear her from the main room as she crept closer to the documents. Were they things that he had written and just left around? But a thought that he may not want her snooping through his things entered Jingyi's mind, forcing her to pause in place. Casting a quick glance to the bathroom, Jingyi took another step away from the documents and turned her back on them.

She wasn't sure if Oliver would appreciate her snooping around his things and reading his stories if he didn't want her to. It could be a form of privacy invasion, and Jingyi didn't want to risk making her friend upset by insulting him with such an action. But it didn't stop the redhead from occasionally glancing at the documents with a peeked interest.
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

10Night Guard [Job/Oliver] Empty Re: Night Guard [Job/Oliver] 24/07/17, 11:34 pm

Oliver Oxford

Oliver Oxford
β-Tier
β-Tier

While Oliver was busy in the shower, and tending to his new wounds that might not have been healed by the helpful goat beast thing, Jingyi would find the documents on the top looking quite sketchy. They were dossiers on different people. Just with pictures of who they were, and if Jingyi was as active in the military as she intended, then she would take note of some of the faces being higher ups.

Inside the dossiers, if she decided to snoop, there was information about them and their behavioral patterns. Oliver had perused over them, but always found so many ways to get out of doing what Takane asked for him to do. He was a much more upstanding assassin than it seemed. He only wanted those skills for his own personal defense and sometimes offense.

"I am trying to write a novel about a different world, using inspiration from this world. The people in it and the big events." He commented as he was walking out of the bathroom, towel running through his hair and shorts on over his lower body. Jingyi would be able to see the light scars he had over his body from all of the scuffles he got in to. He didn't exactly mind them as much as they weren't ones you needed to show off all of the time.

"So did you want to talk about something?"

11Night Guard [Job/Oliver] Empty Re: Night Guard [Job/Oliver] 01/08/17, 09:20 pm

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

J I N G Y I

MY SWORD IS A LIFE TAKER
STAMINA
340/340
MAGOI
260/260
NOTES
-
WC
0/0

C
uriosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back was a saying that Jingyi knew and respected. Oliver was in the shower and a quick peep he would never know of wouldn't hurt. Especially if she didn't touch the papers much.

Stepping in the direction of where the documents that had piqued her interests laid, the redhead's eyes narrowed in confusion. They were like sheets of information about people, and some of them were those she knew of. She caught the face of generals and other higher-ranking officials, people the woman hadn't personally met before. A single finger pushed aside one slip to get a better look at a particular sheet about a Commander of a Thousand-Men, her eyes scanning through the information. A schedule and his regular behavior? Why would Oliver require such dossiers...

Hearing Oliver in the bathroom, Jingyi quickly returned the sheet to how it was and stepped back. By the time her sandy-haired friend was out of the bathroom, she was comfortably sitting on a sofa couch in the room. She looked as if she was interested in her nails, something she quickly abandoned to look at Oliver as he spoke.

"Sounds interesting, Ollie. Do you have anything written down yet? A chapter I may be allowed to skim through?" She inquired with a hopeful smile, her head tilting as she kept her eyes away from where she knew the dossiers laid. "And, well... Not really? I was just hoping to catch up with a friend! We haven't seen each other since the first meet up, and it would be nice to talk to you before I move on with my travels." Jingyi continued with a slight hum to her voice as she leaned back, crossing one leg over the other.
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

12Night Guard [Job/Oliver] Empty Re: Night Guard [Job/Oliver] 02/08/17, 08:30 pm

Oliver Oxford

Oliver Oxford
β-Tier
β-Tier

When Oliver was asked about his writings, he went over to the documents stacked on top of the table. He didn't pay much mind to the one dossier moved around, but he just grabbed a hold of them, shrugged his shoulders with a 'meh' and then threw them up into the air. "Old bint can bite one for all I care." He mumbled out loud while rummaging through the papers. Out of all of the things to hide, why was his personal writings down on the bottom of the stack of high ranking officials?

He pulled out a hand pound stack of papers, "It's not anything concrete, just some notes about different things. Have a look." There were plastic dividers that had little symbols on them; a person's shoulders and head as if they were one of those bathroom signs, one with the picture of a generic wolf silhouette, a pair of dark mountains and things of the like. If Jingyi went through the different tabs there were no writings, they were all notes and ideas. A few crude drawings as he had decided to work on sketching, and a lot of the things were written as for a new name and the thing that inspired them.

The beasts were fantastical, as if they were all from Dungeons, despite never having been in one himself. He was just an imaginative person it seemed. The scenery he had notes on were for different things like floating islands and glowing forests thanks to fungus.

The notes on people were of the various people he had met and what they were to him. Just bullet points and how close they were to him and what they could do in the book. Jingyi's notes were of one of the main cast even.

13Night Guard [Job/Oliver] Empty Re: Night Guard [Job/Oliver] 02/08/17, 11:32 pm

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

J I N G Y I

MY SWORD IS A LIFE TAKER
STAMINA
340/340
MAGOI
260/260
NOTES
-
WC
0/0

J
ingyi took a break as Oliver walked over to the dossiers, waiting for him to realize she had been snooping and do something. But all he did was mumble, words about an old bint? The redhead didn't consider herself to be old yet, nor did he direct it at her. So it was someone else, yeah? Though, it was a bit odd that his writings were below papers that were about officials, namely those in the military.

"I'm sure it's still interesting," Jingyi began, getting up and taking the papers that were handed to her. As she ruffled through them, she quickly looked over the different drawings, "I didn't realize that you could draw," she mumbled, turning to a new tab as she flipped to a new tab. There were all sketches from what she could see, nor were they bad. Much better than she herself could draw.

"A lot of these remind me of those..." The woman paused for a moment as she thought; if her hands were free, it was no doubt that Jingyi would've snapped her fingers. "Dungeons? Yeah, those. I heard that they look pretty freaky inside," Her comment was followed by a slight chuckle as she remembered the story her mother once told her about such places.

Jingyi sat back down as she flipped to a new tab, her red eyes quickly scanning the page before looking back at the top. It seemed that it was a sheet about people, organized about their abilities and what they were to Oliver. Going back down, Jingyi quickly spotted notes about herself, her eyes narrowing in amusement as she smiled softly.

"Eh? You have me in here, huh?" Jingyi chimed as she put all the other tabs down so she could focus on the notes about people. "Hm, let's see what Ollie thinks about me~" She would mumble mostly to herself, though the man in question could no undoubtedly hear her if he strained his ears.
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

14Night Guard [Job/Oliver] Empty Re: Night Guard [Job/Oliver] 03/08/17, 12:03 am

Oliver Oxford

Oliver Oxford
β-Tier
β-Tier

A lot of the notes on Jingyi were other words to rhyme with her last name and to put them in a little limerick type of pentameter. It was a little silly, but maybe it would be endearing to Jingyi? Oliver sat on the bed, running a spare towel through his hair to try and dry it off. Even when it wasn't combed and styled, it still looked normal when he had regular bed head or towel head in this case.

"I wouldn't know. I haven't seen the inside of a dungeon. I am looking to get into one soon. I want to see it and then write about it. If it is anything like I have written already, I am scrapping it and making something different." He nodded to himself before looking at Jingyi with a little inquisitive look.

"You know, you could have just asked to check those dossiers by the way." Apparently he had noticed the change in the position of the papers. When Takane sent assassins after him for sudden attacks to keep him on his toes, Oliver had to be ready for the slightest thing, and had gotten used to noticing tiny details.

He didn't seem to mind though, and was actually a little relieved? Based on the tone of voice he had.

15Night Guard [Job/Oliver] Empty Re: Night Guard [Job/Oliver] 03/08/17, 12:25 am

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

J I N G Y I

MY SWORD IS A LIFE TAKER
STAMINA
340/340
MAGOI
260/260
NOTES
-
WC
0/0

J
ingyi giggled as she read through the limericks, quietly mouthing the words as dimples formed in her cheeks from her delighted smile. It was cute that he spent even a minuscule of time jotting down rhymes that included her name. Though, hopefully, her brothers didn't get their hands on the list lest she suffers being called such things for a month or two. At the mention of going inside a dungeon, the girl raised her red eyes to glance at Oliver. She had thought about the wonders of a dungeon, though it certainly sounded risky. But the rewards one could gain by entering such a mystical place, from magic weapons to just the experience of it.

"Oh? You're aiming to make something completely unique?" Jingyi began, her voice dying off for a second as he brought up the dossiers. Her face flushed from the embarrassment of being caught, like a little girl whose parents found her hand reaching into the cookie jar. Her parents taught her better than to scoop, and both Jianhong and Guiying tried to teach her to sneak around without being realized.

The smile on the redhead's face momentarily turned shy, a rare emotion for the usually bold woman. Her gaze diverted to the side as the expression was quickly replaced by a sheepish one. Chuckling to herself, Jingyi set the note on top of the others as her free hand scratched the back of her neck.

"I guess I got a bit too curious for my own good. Sorry 'bout that!" Jingyi chirped in reply, her regular confidence returning with a hint of relief to it. She looked back at Oliver, the smallest hint of nervousness hidden in her body language as she hoped that he didn't mind. Though, to her, he didn't seem to have taken offense to her snooping. It wasn't often that happened, so Jingyi was just plain lucky to have such a... nice friend. Odd, yes, but interesting in a good way that made it entertaining to talk to him.
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

16Night Guard [Job/Oliver] Empty Re: Night Guard [Job/Oliver] 03/08/17, 01:03 am

Oliver Oxford

Oliver Oxford
β-Tier
β-Tier

"Yeah something unique suits what I have in mind. I want it to be unlike any book ever written. I want to make my grandpa proud." He trailed off while turning his gaze toward the ground, his hair falling off of his face while he thought about the old man.

"And I'm glad to have someone to talk to about those damn things. At least--someone I can trust." He groaned audibly and flopped back onto the bed, splaying his arms out to either side of his body.

"It's as if I have three different miniature armies to fight, and then the big one that everyone knows about. This is a right buggery I've jimmied myself into."

17Night Guard [Job/Oliver] Empty Re: Night Guard [Job/Oliver] 03/08/17, 01:21 am

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

J I N G Y I

MY SWORD IS A LIFE TAKER
STAMINA
340/340
MAGOI
260/260
NOTES
-
WC
0/0

J
ingyi's smile turned softer as Oliver revealed that he wanted to make his grandfather proud by writing such a book. From the way he spoke and how he turned his head, the older dreamer knew that the man was probably close to her friend. She knew all too well the wanting to make someone proud, she joined the military just to make her father proud. The desire to see him smile, to see the twinkle in his eyes as his face lighted up. The look was addictive, and Jingyi couldn't have cared less about the dangers she signed up for as long as it meant making her father proud.

Clasping her hands on her lap, she rested her fingers against the notes as Jingyi cocked her head to the side. Once more her smile turned amused as Oliver groaned and flopped onto his bed. The thought that he trusted made the woman smile wider as she leaned back in her own seat.

"Jimmied, huh? Well, what are these three miniature armies you're destined to fight against?" Jingyi questioned with a raise of her brow as her gaze lowered to Oliver's precious writing notes. She gathered them together and put them just as they were when the author had handed them to her. The soldier then got to her feet and walked over to where the dossiers had once laid and settled the notes down. Jingyi knew that she could be quite the airhead, and she didn't want to risk losing something so important to her friend in a scatter-brain moment. "And do they have anything to do with that old lady who taught you how to handle those weapons of yours?" Jingyi added as she turned around to face Oliver once more, her fingers fumbling to undo the strings at her Tekko. The hand guards came off easily, coming to a rest beside the papers as Jingyi rubbed her calloused palms. Even she grew tired after wearing such armors for long periods.
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

18Night Guard [Job/Oliver] Empty Re: Night Guard [Job/Oliver] 03/08/17, 09:50 pm

Oliver Oxford

Oliver Oxford
β-Tier
β-Tier

Oliver hoisted one arm and then pointed his hand at Jinyi, not bothering to sit up from his lying down position. His index finger pointed right at her, "Bingo. That's the winner of the hour folks."

He finally sat up with a grunt and got off of the bed to walk behind a folding screen to get dressed for the evening. When he came back out, he had on a cap that had a little puffy fuzzball danging from it and a t-shirt with proper sleeping pants rather than boxers. And then he flopped back onto the bed, face first.

"I've got that slavery ring that I and a magician girl messed up a while back. They don't take kindly to having seven of their good men straight up murdered and fried with lightning. Then there's the mercs and brides to be back home thanks to dear old dad. And then lastly, there's Takane, the old bint, she wants me to take her place in her little assassin ring. But I of course would rather just go about my days normally after taking the skills she taught me."

"Guess one might say an entire surplus of mercenaries or the slavers would be the biggest threat, but in all honesty, that old fossil has some serious business folk on her payroll. And they don't take kindly to me being the favorite student."

He waved his hands about above his head, pounding the pillow in frustration before he turned his gaze to Jingyi, "Once this war is over...I don't know how much time I am going to have either living or in Kou. Think Varia could move around or stay in touch some way? In case I get into more trouble than I am worth? And I mean more worth than I normally get in to."

19Night Guard [Job/Oliver] Empty Re: Night Guard [Job/Oliver] 03/08/17, 11:04 pm

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

J I N G Y I

MY SWORD IS A LIFE TAKER
STAMINA
340/340
MAGOI
260/260
NOTES
-
WC
0/0

J
ingyi raised an eyebrow at the finger directed at her, a small snort of amusement escaping her at the teen's somewhat humorous comment. The snort was followed by a chuckle when she saw the puffy fuzzball hanging from Oliver's night cap as he walked out from behind the screen. Did people in Magnostadt wear such cute little hats for bedtime? Or was it just Oliver did?

As she walked to the sofa-couch she had sat in early, Jingyi would miss the rather entertaining scene of Oliver dropping face-first onto his bed. Instead, she just plopped herself rather comfortably into her seat and leaned back. As the Goi spoke, Jingyi just made a Hm noise to show that she was paying attention as she stretched out her limbs.

"So, a slavery ring, some girls and grunts-for-hire from Magnostadt, and an assassin ring is after ya? Honestly, the second one doesn't sound too threatening other than the mercs. What are a bunch of brides gonna do? Bake a killer cake?" Jingyi dismissed as she crossed her legs over one another. "Though, if any of those mercenaries, slavers, or assassin-apprentice wannabes come close, don't feel scared to try to contact me," She continued as her smile lost some of its vibrancy, her red eyes narrowing as she watched Oliver. "You're my friend, and I would rather beat them up before something happens, not after. That's a lot of people to have to tackle, though you know that already."

A twinge of anger sparked in Jingyi as the sandy-haired teen smacked his pillow with his fist. Trying to travel through Kou was bad enough without these miniature armies trying to harm the poor boy. What made it worse was that all he wanted to do was write a damn book and they were threatening to attack him. Moving her arms away from her head, she instead crossed over her breastplate as she leaned back in her seat.

"Don't even talk about dying, alright? You gotta book to write and a life to live. Oh, and those trouble-makers aren't going to move you anywhere if you don't want to anywhere," Jingyi remarked with a wave of her hand, a slight frown forming on her face at the thought of Oliver dying. She lost contact with Dylan already, she wasn't going to lose him too. "Anyways, regarding Varia, we don't really have any official ties to Kou? So yes, they probably might move bases. But you won't find me leaving this continent," Her words were followed with a slight shiver as Jingyi lowered her gaze to her lap. Leaving would mean her having to get on a boat- something she was not doing anytime soon.

Clearing her throat, Jingyi smiled in an attempt to dispel the chill down her back as she looked back at Oliver. "Also, there are Journey Books, and there could be other Magic Tools. You should be able to keep in contact with at least one person, ya?" If Oliver was watching, he would easily spot Jingyi pointing at herself with an index finger as a clear indicator that she wouldn't mind if they had a line of communication between each other, "And I know I already said this, but don't be afraid to try to contact me. Letter, pigeon mail, magic item, whatever. Friends don't let their friend get killed, and I'm certain those armies won't stand a chance against our team work together."
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

20Night Guard [Job/Oliver] Empty Re: Night Guard [Job/Oliver] 04/08/17, 01:59 am

Oliver Oxford

Oliver Oxford
β-Tier
β-Tier

"Hey--those 'brides' are all the daughters of high ranking nobles in Magnostadt, and they are powerful in their own right. The horror that would ensue if they got their schedules crossed on 'date time'." He shuddered at the thought, remembering how a block or two would be left washed out, burnt, dispalced, or anything having to do with magic when those girls fought over him.

"Think we should get one of those book things? I have one to stay in contact with a guy named Trently. But other than that I don't know how it works. Haven't used the damn thing once. Would be nice to have a savior on call."

Oliver rolled over onto his back, looking up at the ceiling, "I don't intend to die. But I am more afraid of being chained down and not getting to see the rest of the world before I finish. I want to show those bastards a Goi has more worth than being a battery or a political bargaining chip."

21Night Guard [Job/Oliver] Empty Re: Night Guard [Job/Oliver] 04/08/17, 03:08 am

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

J I N G Y I

MY SWORD IS A LIFE TAKER
STAMINA
340/340
MAGOI
260/260
NOTES
-
WC
0/0

J
ingyi's brows furrowed together as she tried to imagine the horror, though other than magic tools and the few times she saw Dylan perform his magic, there wasn't much for her to draw upon. Looking at him shudder, it was possible that they were actually dangerous, but how dangerous could Magic truly be?

"If you insist, then I guess I'll be careful of their bride-magicness, Ollie." Jingyi replied with a shrug of her shoulders, a slight smile forming on her lips as he called her "a savior on call". Honestly, it made her happy that her friend trusted her, though it would've been better if it was under different circumstances. "And as for the book things, adventure books maybe, we could find a set. Then we could figure out how those things work. Probably with pouring Magoi into the book and seeing what happens? I dunno." Stretching her arms back behind her head, Jingyi sat back comfortably in her seat as she watched Oliver.

Her smile disappeared as he talked, however. Jingyi's brows furrowed together in confusion as her red locks fell to the side at a tilt of her head. She knew that Goi was a term for a human, but from the way he spoke, it was like they didn't regard Goi as such. From the tone, she had to guess that they were something replaceable and unimportant. "What does a human have to do with a battery?" She inquired, lowering her arms as Jingyi sat forwards. It was easy to say that the girl was ignorant of many ways of the world, especially when it came to Magnostadt. Hardly anything of the Magical nation had heard her ears other than the fact that it was a home for the Magicians and that no one who had a "Borg", an ability every Magician is naturally born with, could enter.
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

22Night Guard [Job/Oliver] Empty Re: Night Guard [Job/Oliver] 05/08/17, 12:20 am

Oliver Oxford

Oliver Oxford
β-Tier
β-Tier

"Oh you didn't know? It's kind of like an unspoken tax for any nonmagically inclined regular folk." He sat up, waving his arms about above his head as if he was trying to convey a bigger message, "Well their magoi is a useful resource so of course there is someone bound to try and figure out how to HARVEST it. I haven't explicitly seen or felt it myself, mostly because I live in one of the highest circles of living back home."

"Do you think Jingyi--Do you think I have it in me to prove their system wrong? I want to break the entire social structure of a nation. ANd with a book no less." He put a hand to his forehead, this was an odd side of Oliver, before he started to shake physically while hunched over. It looked like he was, crying?

Nope, scratch that, a few moments later, if Jingyi approached or asked him anything, he would lurch backwards, laughing his lungs out while thinking about the concept of a single book changing so much.

23Night Guard [Job/Oliver] Empty Re: Night Guard [Job/Oliver] 05/08/17, 12:54 am

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

J I N G Y I

MY SWORD IS A LIFE TAKER
STAMINA
340/340
MAGOI
260/260
NOTES
-
WC
0/0

J
ingyi's brows furrowed together, her eyes following his arms as he spoke about a Goi's unspoken tax. They harvested the Magoi of anyone born in the lower social circles who weren't born as Magicians? But didn't a person die if they ran out of their Magoi? She remembered the warning faintly from her uncle once he had learned of her Magic Tools, a long lecture that the red-head wouldn't break.

"But there surely can't be enough people born as Goi in Magnostadt to supply a worthwhile "harvest", right?" She questioned with a slight frown, her head cocking to the side. The only real history she knew of a country was that of Kou, so it was to be expected that she barely learned of anything about Magnostadt prior to its rise as a Magician-only nation.

When Oliver leaned forwards, his body apparently shaking, Jingyi promptly "jumped" to her feet and stepped towards the boy. "Oll-" The laughter caught her off guard, jolted as he began to laugh rather maniacally. Was he laughing out of stress? Fear? Worry? Or even shame of his own dreams? She waited for him to calm down from the burst before gently sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"About your book, I'm sure it won't hurt to at least try," Jingyi said a bit hesitantly at first as she gathered both her confidence and her thoughts, "Books can change the way a person feels or think after all. And concerning changing their system? Well, Yoshirou managed to convince half of Kou to give up almost all of our culture. If he could do that, I'm sure you could give a couple of those Magicians a wake-up slap about the questionable morals of turning Goi into human batteries. From there, I guess you just let it snowball?" She ended with a shrug of her shoulders as she clasped her hands in her lap.

"To be honest, I know shit about Magnostadt other than it's a magic nation that doesn't let non-Magicians in. A lot of this is flying over my head in the terms of how bad it is, especially since I'm a bit more concerned about my own homeland," The redhead continued with a wry smile as she turned her gaze away Oliver. "I don't really care what happens to Magnostadt as a country as long as the innocent are alright. But, I'm willing to help if it's for a friend, especially when it's something personal to him. Though, I'm afraid that anything short of just leaving Kou to drag you away from those mercenaries away is a bit out of the question till this war clears up." Jingyi stated rather bluntly as she looked back at Oliver.
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

24Night Guard [Job/Oliver] Empty Re: Night Guard [Job/Oliver] 05/08/17, 01:17 am

Oliver Oxford

Oliver Oxford
β-Tier
β-Tier

"Of course it can't hurt to try, but, you're comparing me, the son of a regular noble compared to the son of a country's ruler. How much power do I have? ANd in the face of being someone going against the social system as someone who is the very thing that is looked down on?"

"I am not letting that stop me. But I want to try and go to Heliohapt and Reim, and maybe Balbaad and Imuchakk before I try to head back home for good and make a claim for the Goi. Getting a metal vessel or something would be a great thing to work off of. You know what I mean?"

"Imagine just how chuffed those poshos would be if I strutted on up all decked out fit to be a king?"

Oliver could only laugh more before slumping back against the bed, smiling now, it was good to vent all of this out to someone he trusted so closely. "You think this war is going to kick off soon?"

25Night Guard [Job/Oliver] Empty Re: Night Guard [Job/Oliver] 05/08/17, 01:49 am

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

J I N G Y I

MY SWORD IS A LIFE TAKER
STAMINA
340/340
MAGOI
260/260
NOTES
-
WC
0/0

M
hm, but every man, in the beginning, started off small. I don't think they just grabbed a random man and crowned him to be the emperor of Kou? Well, I would hope so at least." Jingyi mumbled as she leaned back, resting her hands palm down on the bed on either side of her.

As Oliver brought up metal vessels and strutting around as a king, it made Jingyi smile in amusement. "I'm sure their jaws would be hitting the floor. That or call you an imposter," She commented with a slight hum.

Looking down at Oliver, Jingyi paused as she considered the question before shrugging her shoulders. "I think so. It's bound to happen, so it should happen soon. The sooner this war ends the better," She answered, lifting her leg and crossing it over the other. "I might get caught up in it, though. I don't think Gao is going to waste any abled soldier, after all."
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum