You are not connected. Please login or register

This Isn't Thievery [Job/Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1This Isn't Thievery [Job/Solo] Empty This Isn't Thievery [Job/Solo] 11/06/17, 08:45 am

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

J I N G Y I

MY SWORD IS A LIFE TAKER
NOTES
Bleeh
MAGOI
160/160
STAMINA
265/265
WC
534/1000

J
ingyi was heading towards the base's training grounds when she heard someone shout for her name. Pausing in her spot, the woman turned around and looked around, spotting Kubal. He was an odd man; bald with a jubilant and eccentric personality, he worked down at the armories of the base.

"A-Ah! Jingyi, there you are," he puffed after he finally caught up to her, placing his hands on his knees. He probably ran around like a chicken without its head searching for her.

"Hey, Kubal! What can I do for ya?" Jingyi inquired, smiling softly as she tilted her head, watching the bald man. He held up a hand and straightened himself up, returning the smile. A moment later he began to talk, his hands moving probably twenty times around throughout his speech.

"Ah, yes. The armory. We are low on supplies. Yes, very low. Boss is very mad, and there be upcoming battles, yes? We need supplies, but no supplies come in soon. That's where you come in. Yoshiro base will be getting supplies soon. You watch their roads. When caravan comes, follow. Get on, and you take some. Be very careful, traders don't like thieves. When you go?" Kubal inquired, clasping his hands together as he looked hopefully at Jingyi.

Meanwhile, Jingyi just stood there as she thought over his words, her smile about to tug downwards into a slight smile. She wasn't a thief. The Hou Clan don't steal. But here she was, listening to Kubal who was asking her to steal. But, the armory needed supplies. There were going to be battles, and their troops needed those supplies. While quality was an important factor for weapons, it would do them nothing if their soldiers didn't even have a cheap sword to defend themselves in their battles.

Finally, after a moment, Jingyi nodded her head and sighed softly. She told Kubal that she'll leave now if it pleased him. The sooner the better, yeah? He was excited and thankful at her response, and told her, "Yes! Yes! Quickly, quickly. You go now, Jingyi Hou!" His words were followed by him grabbing her wrist and tugging her in the direction of the exit of the base.

Chuckling, she removed his hand and told him that she needed to get her sword before she left, which caused him to smack his forehead and laugh, "Oh yes! You neeed a sword! Yes, yes. Go now, come back, and leave! I need to go too. I will go to armory. Call me if you need. Though, I don't think Jingyi Hou needs me!" Slapping his knee, Kubal turned around and left presumably in the direction of the armory, swaying from side to side as he strolled along.

Jingyi instead headed towards the barracks where she quickly received Windcutter. With that minor task finished, Jingyi got a ride out of the base and to town. She remembered to bring a map with her, and set her destination on the route path that the Gao military marked as the one that Yoshirou's men often used.

So, Jingyi found herself a spot along the route where she could lie hidden and watch. And that's exactly what she did.
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

Job Details:

Abilities Used:

Weapons:

Last edited by Jingyi Hou on 11/06/17, 09:14 am; edited 1 time in total

──────────────────────────────────────────────

{ Alt Account: Amatus Laertes & Merari }

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

J I N G Y I

MY SWORD IS A LIFE TAKER
NOTES
Bleeh
MAGOI
160/160
STAMINA
225/265
WC
1258/1000

L
aying on her stomach, Jingyi rested Windcutter by her side before crossing her arms under her head. Wiggling down into the dirt, Jingyi had checked from the road that this spot would leave her unnoticed to any passersby. It would not fair well if the traders spotted her. They would instantly become alerted and defensive for thieves if they spotted a soldier in the dirt with her sword. She had a job, a job she didn't like, and she had to finish it.

Keeping her eyes peeled, she sat there for who knows how long. Nothing past on the road for a long time and the sun was moving from its throne high in the sky and began to dip downwards. If she was a lesser soldier, Jingyi's eyes would have closed, and she would have slept in her quiet spot. But she was better than that. She a Hou, and she was going to become a general one day. There's no way that she would just fall asleep on duty.

It took some time, but finally, her ears picked up the sound of a cart rattling down the road. There was the rattle of hooves on gravel, and she could hear the trader's whiplashing through the air. Moments later, a large cart no doubt filled to the brim with supplies rushed past. Quickly, Jingyi grabbed her sword and jumped up, sneaking onto the road and running after.

She was often told that she was extremely fast; faster than a horse, even! And it was with that speed that she easily caught up the caravan, running right behind it. Now came the task of boarding it and taking its shipment. Jingyi pushed herself to go faster until she was right on its heels before jumping forwards. Her fingers dug onto the wood of the boards, her legs raising so the wouldn't drag along the road. There a slight dip, but upon looking at the driver, he was too concentrated to notice.

With a quiet grunt, Jingyi pulled herself completely onto the cart. Resting her legs, she laid low for a moment before looking at the several crates that made up the shipment. There was no way that she would be able to get all of them off the cart without the driver noticing. It was apparent what she needed to do: become a hijacker.

Crouching low, Jingyi carefully sneaked forwards towards the front, where she could see the driver sat in his seat. If she was silent about it, maybe she could knock out the man and take his cart? She didn't think that the base would mind if they got another pair of oxen and a cart for their own shipments, after all.

Jingyi took another step forwards when the cart shook, sending her forwards and knocking into the back of the driver's seat. With a yelp, the driver realized that something big knocked into his back, causing him to pull sharply on his reins and stop the oxen. Turning around, he grabbed his bo staff and looked around, spotting the red-haired thief.

Jingyi quickly got to her feet on the open-backed cart, her sword in hand as she faced the now angry trader. The man pulled back his staff in preparation for an attack, prompting Jingyi to plant her feet into the ground. Raising her sword, Jingyi put more energy into her Iron Guard, protecting herself from the trader's Whack.

Moving back, Jingyi swung her sword, only for the trader to parry against her attack, knocking it aside. He quickly moved off his seat and into the back with her. While he did that, Jingyi lunged forwards and swung out her fist, sucker punching him with more force than she usually put into Hitoshirenu Kyoda. He yelped with pain, grabbing his nose which was undoubtedly broken now. Before he could recover, Jingyi then slashed him with her sword, toppling him down and defeating him.

Jingyi then sheathed her sword and picked up the man, dropping him out of the cart and carrying him to the side of the road. She placed him where someone could spot him but not accidentally run over him. And with that, Jingyi got into what was once his spot in the driver's seat and took the reins. It was time to take the shipment home to Kubal.
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

──────────────────────────────────────────────

{ Alt Account: Amatus Laertes & Merari }

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum