2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Rami Naeem

Rami Naeem
D-Tier
D-Tier

Mission:

As the afternoon started to age the waters began shifting making the ride anything but tolerable for Rami. Its been roughly several months since he had left Balbadd to set out on his first journey since the death of his parents. He had half expected the world to be different, but not much has changed; at least from what he could see. As he heard a commotion happening outside of his cabin, he took it upon himself to see what had been going on. Making to the outside standing clear on the ships bow he gazed off in the distance and resting upon the horizon was the city of Heliohapt.

Rami took a deep breath but soon regretted it as he covered his nose from the pungent smell of the salty air and the fishy waters. The smell itself was too much for him to handle unfortunately, causing him to heel over the edge of the ship hurling everything he had ate just moments ago.

"Gods...I hate the ocean," He said retreating back to his cabin waiting for the ship to lower its anchor indirectly notifying Rami that they had arrived at his destination. Lucky for him after several hours or so the ship made it to Heliohapt as he was the first one to make it off; though the anchor wasn't deployed yet. As he stood on the solid surface of land that belonged to Heliohapt he bounched on either foot limbering himself up, loosening his tense muscles and getting a feel for his surroundings.

The first thing he noticed about Heliohapt wasn't something that excited him at all, quite the opposite actually. Crowded. Walking the streets of Heliohapt looking for some spacious areas to actually view the beautiful city seemed to be a lot harder than usual. With every direction Rami looked he saw more and more people piling in his line of sight congesting his vision and his mind. His breathing sped up into long heavy spurts as he continued to look around for any kind of sanctuary. He tried to keep his cool but anyone could see he was seconds away from a panic attack. That was until he came across a temple, he himself didn't know it was a temple but anything beats being outside in his opinion; in this moment.

The moment he stepped foot in the large building he took a deep breath followed by a sigh of relief to see that hardly anyone was in their with him. He looked around for a bit observing the architecture of the beautiful place contemplating whether or not he was actually ready to venture on his own. He experienced claustrophobia in Balbadd before but if anything it would cause him to be more irritable than anything else, Heliohapt it was different, for reasons unknown. Rami looked around some more and noticed that the temple was one where people came to visit their long but not forgotten loved ones. Leave it to Rami to find peace in a place were people rest in it.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

With its sails billowing with a more than gentle wind, a small boat bobbed on the glassy waves. Pacing up and down the narrow deck of this vessel was a young woman with purple hair whose name was Zubaidah. The cause of her apparent discomfort was the lack of people on the boat. Her household had been forced to take a different boat to her, and as such she was riding on a separate vessel to Heliohapt.

She sighed as the white crested waves brushed against the wooden sides, flicking soft foam into her face. The boat calmly rocked to and fro on the gentle tide, engine ever closer to its destination. As she stared into these clear waters, a glint of gold caught Zubaidah’s eye. Raising her head, her eyes widened in surprise as she looked towards the horizon.

Reflecting the sun’s harsh rays lay an expanse of shining buildings. Sharp columns jutted out from the gaps in the flat roofs, and vast domed edifices sitting in the middle of bustling squares.
Markets, set up around the corners of the city, were filled with people of all ages and races -  Heliphaptians, Reimano, Imuchakk, Fanalis - the diversity of the populace displayed in the variety of produce on offer. The reds and browns of Kou’s spices, verdant greens of Reim’s herbs and silver scaled fish from Imuchakk mingled together into a beautiful array of colours.

So enthralled was Zubaidah at these sights, that she didn't realise the boat had already entered the harbour.
‘Alright, Miss, you gotta get off now, I've got a tight schedule!’
Hearing the captain’s words, Zubaidah tossed a bag of coins in his direction and quickly disembarked onto the wooden pier. Troubled as to where she should go at first, Zubaidah wandered through the main street, absorbing the pungent smells and brilliant sights. As she walked along, the street opened out into a spacious square. In the centre of the square, surrounded by a crowd of people was a large wooden board with dozens of sheets attached to it. Working her way through the crowd, she approached the board and saw that each sheet had jobs written on them. Grinning to herself, she muttered,
‘If I'm already here, I might as well make some cash!’

[380 words]

Rami Naeem

Rami Naeem
D-Tier
D-Tier

Rami continued to look at the visuals of the temple, examining every inch of the architecture he spotted. He had never seen a place dedicated to mourning over loved ones, for when his parent's had died he buried them behind his old home. He stopped his personal tour for a second as he began thinking back to what life was like when he was a kid and how far he has come since that moment. The world has matured him too quickly and created a introvert out of him as well.

"Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear," Looking behind him Rami spotted a man dressed in robes pacing back and forth; beads of sweat falling from his face. He had half thought about approaching the strange man, but did not want to get involved in anything else other than exploring as many places as he possibly could picking up where he and his parent's had left off. Trying to exit the temple quietly, Rami's nose began to scrunch up as he tried to plug it before the inevitable happened. Achoo! Giving away his position Rami stood frozen hoping the man did not notice him, to Rami's surprise the man was directly behind him, eye's full of a new found hope, "Oh please you have to help me. Our sacrificial beast was supposed to be obtained today for our ceremony the people I had originally sent backed out on me last minute. It seems no one is even willing to assist with our annual memorial, could you please help a priest out I will pay you kindly. I even posted about the predicament on a Job bulletin still no takers," Rami tuned the man out as he began to ramble on a little too long. Taking a deep breath he stared at the priest and turned around to face the temple entrance.

"Sorry, but I am not trying to risk my life for those who are already dead," the priest began to follow Rami outside of the temple into the open city. He was rather determined to change his mind.

"C'mon you have to help I mean look at the size of that weapon of yours! I am sure you can take on a simple desert crocodile," Rami kept walking as the Priest did not give up his pursuit. The Priest began making a scene as Rami was trying to blend in with his surroundings; things were getting slightly more embarrassing.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

After examining the contents of the job, Zubaidah ripped it off of the board and slotted it into the loop of her belt. As she did so, she incited a few of the people to cry out in anger, as if she had no right to take that job. In response, Zubaidah lightly twirled her spear, whittling away a nearby wooden post into a small part of what it had been before, with its sharp edge. The people who had been so eager to protest before decided it would be wise not to anger her, and quickly backed away.

The crowd surrounding the job board parted slightly from seeing that little display, allowing Zubaidah enough space to exit the forum. Laughing to herself, she muttered, ‘Seems I'm going to have to prove my worth here…

Having left the main street, she continued on through the residential district towards the outskirts of the city. The faint smell of bread, that had been wafting through the desert air, grew stronger as he turned onto a market street. The aroma of the buttery bread mingled with that of the strong wines being sold in the nearby stores, distracting her attention and bringing the tastes of freshly baked pastries into her famished mind. This newfound appetite was soon put off by the stench of raw meat and fish, causing bile to rise in her throat.

Walking briskly past the butchers’ stalls, she started to hear the voice of an old man. He seemed to be begging for someone to do something for him. Edging closer, a young man with hair that was close to white, but ever so slightly off, came into view just ahead of the old man, who seemed to be the target of the his begging. As she came nearer to the two, the full extent of their conversation reacher her ears.
‘C'mon you have to help I mean look at the size of that weapon of yours! I am sure you can take on a simple desert crocodile!’
At that last exclamation, Zubaidah’s hands moved to the paper rolled up at her waist. Hadn't the job she’d taken mentioned taking out a desert crocodile? Deciding that, even if the old man wasn't related to the job, he might have some information that could clue her in on what she had to do. Striding over to where the two were arguing, she took out her job request and showed it to the old man.
You know anything about this job?

Rami Naeem

Rami Naeem
D-Tier
D-Tier

By the expression on Rami's face it was clear he was growing more and more annoyed as the begging continued. His eyebrows furrowed as he pinched the bridge of his nose. He let out a deep sigh and ran his fingers through his hair like a comb. Memories began projecting in his mind of his parents back when they all use to travel together. His mom always told him adventures and journeys come in many different sizes. Maybe this could be the first adventure on my world journey, he thought to himself. He turned around for a moment examining the priest not sure how to respond after he had been begging for nearly fifteen minutes straight.

"Christ...you don't give up do you?"

"You know anything about this job?" A voice would direct Rami's attention to the source. He noticed a girl addressing the priest, her hair purple and eyes as vibrant as the sun. The moment the priest took notice of her he focused his attention on her but grabbed Rami's sleeve letting him know that he wasn't finished with him yet.

"It is a simple job you see," The priest began, "We have a ceremony for the dead, its a tradition here in Heliohapt. The ceremony does require a desert crocodile to be killed here in the temple, but so far no one wants to take the task into their own hands. Everyone is too afraid, and here I am thinking this was a world full of warriors," Holding his head down in shame Rami couldn't help but feel bad for the guy. He looked at the girl then back at the Priest.

"How many people do you need?" The moment that question was asked by Rami, a tiny light bloomed in the priests eyes that then expanded and filled his iris's with joy.

"You two will do just fine," He said as he did a rather too traditional bow to Rami and the girl beside him. Rami felt kinda awkward not introducing himself to her and felt it would be necessary before they even though about partaking this mission together. The priest let them know he would meet them back at the temple which was good for Rami. That man nearly took all the air out of his lungs with his constant banter. Focusing his attention to the girl again he took another deep breath and held out his hand. It was the right thing to do.

"My name is Rami, Rami Naeem. It is nice to meet you...uh? I am sorry what was your name?" breaking the ice wasn't necessarily Rami's strong point but it usually worked more times than not.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Holding out the flattened job request, Zubaidah waited for any kind of response from the supposed priest. The old man turned round at this, looking quite expectant. The man with the off white hair seemed to take this as a chance to get away, but the old man saw this and grabbed at his sleeve, as if trying to stop him from escaping. At this, Zubaidah had to cover her mouth with her free hand to stifle a laugh, it was such a comic scene. The old man then behind to give an outline of the job.
‘It is a simple job you see. We have a ceremony for the dead, it's a tradition here in Heliohapt. The ceremony does require a desert crocodile to be killed here in the temple, but so far no one wants to take the task into their own hands. Everyone is too afraid, and here I am thinking this was a world full of warriors…’
    In response, the man with the off white hair asked a simple question,
‘How many people do you need?’
That was enough, however, for the priest to exude an aura of absolute joy, filling the whole area with his excitement. He hurriedly replied that the two of them would be enough, before directing them to the temple where he said he would meet them later. As he rushed off, presumably to make preparations, Zubaidah was left alone with the young man. He seemed to be a little uncomfortable, his face held an awkward smile and his eyes seemed to be wandering across the space, reluctant to make contact with hers. However, he seemed to muster enough courage to talk with her after a while, and stuck out his hand. He introduced himself as Rami Naem, and asked Zubaidah for the same.
The name’s Zubaidah Mansur. I hope to work with you more than just here.

Rami Naeem

Rami Naeem
D-Tier
D-Tier

Rami wasn't good with one on one communication. He honestly tried to avoid it at all costs, but since he would be going on a mission with this girl before him, the inevitable was yet to come. Once he held out her hand she had connected hers with his and introduced herself as Zubaidah Mansur.

"It's nice to meet you Zubaidah," Rami responded as he began to further examine Zubaidah. He wasn't one for making friends so he had to make things between the both of them blunt, brief and unexciting.

I hope to work with you more than just here, Rami didn't know how to further respond to that statement. He simply just nodded his head and proceeded back to the temple.
"We should hurry to the temple and get our job debrief so we can get this show on the road," He didn't turn around to talk to her however. He kept his back to her with his face forward. He had insane trust issues with almost anyone. If it weren't for Aliosha (the bandit that stole everything precious to him even the lives of his parents) maybe he wouldn't be such a reserved, paranoid individual.

The moment the two would make it to the temple the priest would be their waiting as if there was more he had to tell them.

"Well we are here, is there anything else you need or can we go?" Rami said not trying to waste anymore time.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

After introducing herself to him,  Rami seemed to back away slightly, averting his eyes from any contact with hers, overall seeming to be reluctant to work with her.

The cogs of Zubaidah’s mind started to turn, as she tried to analyse these seemingly irrelevant actions into a developed reasoning.
As she stopped to buy a gourd of water from a nearby market stall, her thoughts seemed to group together and form a steady train of logic.
Each movement was clearly not individualised. While it may have seemed obscure to the average viewer, they were relative to one another. Just as a drop of water is seen to be singular, it can be inferred from this that there was a larger property that it was taken from.
Like this, each of Rami’s action could be seen as affected by some subconscious reasoning.

Whatever the reason was, Zubaidah did not have the time to continue thinking about it, as soon enough an oh-so familiar voice rang out from in front of her, the excited warbling of an old man. It seemed she had arrived at the Black Pyramid.

Rami Naeem

Rami Naeem
D-Tier
D-Tier

Rami knew conversing with Zubaidah would be inevitable but he tried to hold it off for as long as possible. He still wasn't all to comfortable traveling with anyone who he didn't recognize as family. He could tell by her silence she half knew what was up but he didn't want to question her about anything, not wanting to spark any unwanted tension or awkwardness; things were awkward as is.

"The beast you lot will be capturing, as I had stated before, is none other than a Desert Crocodile. Taking the beast down will not be a simple task and will require not only strength and stamina, but wisdom and integrity. You must work together, never apart. How does that old saying go, 'two heads are better than none', or was it one?" The Priest began rambling one trying to remember how the saying went, but ultimately locked the thought away in his mind for a later time as he passed a vial and handed it to Zubaidah. Rami examined the vial from afar as he could see liquid sloshing around inside it.

"What is that?" He had asked curious as to why they would need it on their mission.

"This my boy is the essence of poison. It won't kill the beast, but it will weaken it, making it more sluggish and easy to take down. Without this poison fighting the crocodile will be the equivalent to taking on roughly around fifty men. Using the poison however is completely up to you, just whatever decision you make, be sure NOT to kill the crocodile for you will have to start this all over again and I may or may not be able to concoct another essence such as that in time," A lot of information was given to the two from the priest and it was clear Rami was ready to get this show on the road. A tiny smile slightly stretch the corners of his mouth as he looked the priest in the eyes and nodded. He turned to Zubaidah nodded to her as well and made his way to the Temple exit.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

As the old priest talked about the job request, he slowly pulled out a small vial from within his robes, and passed it over to Zubaidah.
‘This, my boy is the essence of poison. It won't kill the beast, but it will weaken it, making it more sluggish and easy to take down. Without this poison fighting the crocodile will be the equivalent to taking on roughly around fifty men. Using the poison however is completely up to you, just whatever decision you make, be sure NOT to kill the crocodile, for you will have to start this all over again and I may or may not be able to concoct another essence such as that in time.’

Having received this info, Rami seemed to be trying to process it, and exited the temple for the outside. The priest, when he saw this, tapped Zubaidah’s shoulders lightly.
    ‘I have entrusted that poison to you for a reason. Make sure that you use it at the right time, and so in a effective way. I am sure you will not fail, but you can never be too safe, can you?’
    Nodding in recognition of his words, she turned to leave. Just before she passed back into the searing desert air, the priest added on one last piece of advice.
    ‘Be cautious out there. Remember, even if it is a simple desert crocodile, anything can become a dangerous foe if it is not dealt with seriously.’

As she walked outside, she shook the vial slightly. The liquid splattered against the glass walls, leaving a strong green trail along them. She stared at the vial, fascinated, before being dragged back into reality as the harsh heat scorched her skin. Reaching for her water gourd, she motioned towards Rami who was waiting outside, to move out and head towards their next task. To locate a desert crocodile.

Rami Naeem

Rami Naeem
D-Tier
D-Tier

"I am glad he trusted you enough to give you the vile of poison. I think its because I wasn't so eager about this job request, but I guess its the life of a nomad like me; taking on new tasks going on many journeys," He stopped and turned to Zubaidah giving her a half smile as he looked off into the distance behind him seeing the city borders. As the two began walking to the exit the heat began to slightly get to rami as well. He pulled a scarf from out of his sack and tied it around is head just in case he started sweating unnecessarily before they even made it to the beast.

The moment they made it out of the city into the hot scorching desert, the heat seemed to be frying more words out of Rami. He knew how to fight people, he hasn't really fought anything other than that and a desert crocodile isn't really the next best thing to fight after you are familiar with person to person combat.

"We need to come up with a plan with how we should both go about fighting this beast. Say we don't need the vile and we take it head on...or say we use the vile and take it head on. Who initiates, who stays back and waits for the right moment to tag in, things of that nature. Do you kinda get where I am going with this?" He was definitely book and street smart but you can have all the smarts in the world it doesn't make you invincible or god like....far from it.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

As the two exited the temple, they discussed their options of taking on the desert crocodile.
    ‘Oh, you are asking me for a plan? Nice to see someone’s warmed up to me a little.’ Her mouth twisted into a little smirk. ‘Anyways, I've been thinking about the best way to deal with the beast. As you might know, they burrow under the loose ground during the driest season, thankfully enough we have avoided that time. Due to the rains that are commonly seen in this season, the beasts emerge from their burrows and are known to gather at the waterside to bathe and seek prey. This narrows the location down to that river we passed earlier which flows through the centre of the city. But the real challenge is subduing a desert crocodile without killing it. Of course, we have this non-lethal dosage of poison, but how would we apply it…?

Having said this, she paused for a moment before her face lit up in a grin as she drew out a small pouch made of purple leather.
    ‘They rely on their sharp vision, which is honed to allow them to see past quite long distances. As such, their eyes are a particularly vulnerable spot that can be heavily affected by the contents of this pouch.
Sand. With this, I can blind the beast momentarily while you apply the poison with a wound inflicted by those vicious-looking blades you have there. Wait, what do you call those circular weapons? I haven't seen them in Parthevia, nor Reim. Is it a speciality of the region?

Rami Naeem

Rami Naeem
D-Tier
D-Tier

While they were walking Zubaidah explained the nature of desert crocodiles to Rami. Pretty much all the basics including their locations due to rainy seasons compared to dry seasons. She had also mentioned how far they could see with their eyes alone. Obscuring their vision seemed to be a no-brainer in that instance but their was more to it than just that. How would they inject the poison into a beast so large, without killing it? That was until Zubaidah mentioned that Rami's chakram would be the perfect way to get the poison into the bloodstream of the beast. He placed a hand on his singular circular blade and pulled it off of his back revealing the full 'hula-hoop' size to Zubaidah.

"I have had this for as long as I could remember. The blade itself is called a Chakram. It was a gift from my late father. We used to be nomad's so we've traveled to a lot of places worldwide. He always managed to get a singular trophy from each place he visited and this was his parting present to me. I haven't mastered it fully, but how I use the weapon might seem slightly unorthodox to you, just bare with me however. I am sure with the beast's vision obscured I can definitely manage to create a wound deep enough for the poison to be applied."

Piercing the ground beneath him with one of the jagged pegs based around the outer edge of the blade it was clear the weapon its self was over half the size of Rami(height wise), if that. "I trust you know where the river we might be traveling to is located, correct?" He said as he relocated his blade back to the holster on is back.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

While they traversed the scorching desert, the loose sands being whipped into the air from their sturdy treading, Zubaidah listened intently to Rami’s explanation of the bladed circle on his back.
    ‘So, that weapon is known as a ‘chakram’? The name sounds to be of Eastern derivation, but not from the Kou Empire, the intonation does not fit in with the rest of their dialects… Perhaps one of the smaller, but older, southern countries that the Kou Empire was formed from. You say your family was nomadic in habit, but the Eastern front and the Dark Continent are quite far apart…
    At the mention of his family, Rami's eyelids involuntarily twitched. Observing this reaction, Zubaidah guessed their fates hadn't been too savoury and moved the subject on.
    ‘The river we are heading for runs through the marketplace before splitting into several smaller streams before spreading out into the sands. As such, we will head for the intersection just outside of the city where the river separates out. So, should we get moving?
    After saying that, Zubaidah headed towards the stretch of sparkling water just visible over the horizon.

Rami Naeem

Rami Naeem
D-Tier
D-Tier

Rami enjoyed the knowledge that was stored inside of Zubaidah. He himself was a book nerd and loved learning anything and everything possible and seeing someone just as knowledgeable as him or even more so made him...happy. However the more talk about his travels and his family the more depressed he started to grow. It looked as if Zubaidah realized this as she quickly changed the topic to the matter at hand. He explained how the river system works and its geography and offered to begin moving if they wanted to get the show on the road. Apart of him felt off about this situation, every moment in his life ince after the death of his parent's he has done everything solo not having to rely on anyone or anything. But in this moment he felt a sense of reliance in a way when it came to Zubaidah and this mission. I guess growing up without having any real friends and the only friend you ever had betrays you and kills your parents causes trust issues; who would've thought?

But honestly it was clear Rami was warming up to having Zubaidah around, having company felt better now more than ever, "You got a little insight on my life, but what about you? Where are you from and where are you headed?" the question seemed appropriate enough for the time being since they would be traveling together so making small talk or even 'big' talk would lighten the mood and make the journey more enjoyable.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

'Where am I from? I was born and raised in Parthevia, a country just south of Reim, but due to unfortunate circumstance, my loved ones were taken from me, and I was forced to flee from my family estate along with a few of my most trusted household servants. But let's not dwell in the past, you seem to be acquainted with that sort of a story.' Her eyes met Rami’s gaze and held it there, the atmosphere darkening for a moment, before breaking and skipping forwards peppily. 'Besides, we have a job to do, don't we? Such heavy thoughts will only serve to slow us down in a situation where we must be quick on our feet.'

Last edited by Zuzu Mansur on 18/08/17, 05:11 pm; edited 4 times in total

Rami Naeem

Rami Naeem
D-Tier
D-Tier

It was good that both Rami and Zubaidah were getting better acquainted with one another. It would make the mission fairly easy should they be put in a situation that would desperately require both of their skills.

For the majority of the travel though nothing but silence resonated between the two as any other question they would have would more likely be about each others pasts and the matter at hand was to focus on the mission they were assigned; everything else would have to come second if they wanted to succeed. In that moment Rami thought up a question and strategy that could more or less work in capturing and sedating the beast.

"I have an Idea," he began as he adjusted his large blade on his back to a more comfortable position for himself, "I have been practicing how to fight with my chakram and so far I think I have the hang of it. Lately I have been practicing this move where I hurl the chakram forward, though I do have to retrieve it myself it definitely should be a safe way to attack the beast from a distance. What if you place the poison on a few of the metal pegs? I can assure you with how I throw and how sharp this blade is I can pierce almost any kind of surface, but I need to know what are your thoughts on the matter," He silenced himself awaiting Zubaidah's words. Should his plan work this would make for a quick and clean mission but just in case it falls there needed to be at least more than one option regarding how they should go about things. His father always taught him that he needed to have a plan A-Z and if he ran out of letters then start going with numbers; Plan 1 through 1 million.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Their long journey was passed with little to no other interaction between the two, as they passed the time deep in thought while they thought about battle plans and that sort. It seemed Rami had decided it better not to probe Zubaidah for more information in her past, respecting her diversion as she had with him, and put his attention onto the aforementioned planning. She was certainly taking to Rami very well, his own social adaptability perhaps being overlooked by him, he knew just when to talk and when not to. It was a natural trait, he understood it all on a basic instinctual level, unlike Zubaidah who had to observe that all and process it on her own. However, she was soon jolted out of her musings by a concerned voice behind her.

'A long range attack? That certainly would be much more convenient if we don't actually have to approach it and engage it close quarters… Wait, I see what you're trying to do! Your method would get rid of any input from me, thus enabling you to have a greater claim to the prize money!' Ensuring Rami knew she was joking, she said the last part with an outrageous smile on her face and slapped him lightly on his arm. She showed her approval to his plan, when he looked inquisitively at her, with a curt nod and they both continued on the path towards the sparkling waters that were approaching ever closer.

Last edited by Zuzu Mansur on 24/07/17, 11:50 am; edited 3 times in total

Rami Naeem

Rami Naeem
D-Tier
D-Tier

Zubaidah responded to Rami's suggestion stating it to be much more convenient; however, she then responded saying if he did all the work then the reward money will be all his. Rami quickly tried to find a way to reword what he was trying to say but he soon figured out that Zubaidah was kidding. He hasn't really associated himself with people for quite some time so it is somewhat hard for him to understand sarcasm and jokes from seriousness. Her smile was definitely reassuring. Rami began scouting out the area in search of something to demonstrate exactly what he was getting at about throwing his weapon.

"Here let me show you," He said as he spotted out a boulder just several meters away from the two of them. It was the perfect target dummy in Rami's eye's. He motioned Zubaidah to stand back as he slightly crouched and twisted his waist ever so slightly. Holding his Chakram behind him he snapped his waist in the opposite direction from its twisted state and flung the chakram forward. Within a moment it pierced the boulder and stuck out suspended.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Zubaidah raised an eyebrow in curiosity as Rami commanded her to move back and out of the way of his chakram. She watched on, her interest peaking, as he began to rotate his torso round, his arm following slightly behind. As it seemed that his body seemed was being twisted into an uncomfortable position that was too far to the side, he unravelled his torso while releasing the bladed circle. It shot directly forwards and cut clean into a rocky outcrop in their proximity. Zubaidah stared on in awe, not because of his perfect stance nor his accurate aim, but for something else. She headed straight for the chakram lodged in the rockface and examined the incision that had been made.

‘This incision has been made completely to precisely cut through, and quite sharp the blade must have been for it to become embedded into this rock. It is absolutely perfect for cutting into the crocodile’s skin, which means the poison will be administered for sure. Well, you have certainly put to rest any queries I might've had about your skills. Let's just hope that these blades don't dull in the small distance we have left till we get to the river, and that your aim and accuracy are of the same level as this time.'

Rami Naeem

Rami Naeem
D-Tier
D-Tier

Rami smiled when Zubaidah praised him for being able to pierce the rock with his chakram. After she was finished examining the incision he had made, Rami quickly retrieved his Chakram securing it to his back.

"No need to worry about my stamina. I can assured you that I'll have more than enough when we take down the crocodile," He looked through the desert in the direction they were walking and seemed a little lost and somewhat confused, "Speaking of desert crocodiles, which way are they? and how much closer might we be to encountering one?" he ran his fingers through his hair as the desert heat was starting to get to him. He pulled out a water bottle from his back pouch and began guzzling it.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

As Rami started gulped down his water, Zubaidah spied out the land for any evident signs of their prey. The river, twisting along the golden land like a sleeping cobra. And just like a sleeping cobra, it held many more dangers than was let on. And like this, as she was looking along the sandy shore of the river, the first sign of those dangers reared its ugly head, as she spotted a sign of movement.

‘You were asking about where our desert crocodile is? Well, look straight in front of you. That great scaly beast over there is your target for today. How are you feeling about taking it down? Not so confident now, eh?

Almost as if in response to her comment, a large maw broke through the surface of the water, snatching up a shoal of small fish. Snapping its long snouts together, it gulped down the poor sea creatures that it had hunted. Having eaten its filling meal, the crocodile swam to the banks and clambered onto the soft sand, before gently flipping itself over and exposing its vulnerable frontside to the sun’s rays.

‘It seems best that we go with your plan at first, as it mean we don't have to approach that beast in such a close proximity. So prep yourself for tossing that chakram of yours, and make sure to aim for the underbelly as it's the softest part of its anatomy. As for the poison, apply it on thoroughly and in thick layers, leaving just enough for me to coat my spear's edge in case we need to go with our second plan.’ She procured the vial from out her garments, passing it along to Rami with a reassuring nod.

Rami Naeem

Rami Naeem
D-Tier
D-Tier

For a little while longer Rami followed Zubaidah's lead as she began scoping out the area for signs of crocodile trails. As the two made it to the watch point Zubaidah pointed off into the distance where the river would be. Rami's eyes widened as he spotted the behemoth sized desert crocodiles. Their jaws gaped liked canyons as he stared at one drinking from the stream. He crouched down to observe further trying to get a grasp of how they act when not provoked. Zubaidah jokingly made a comment toward Rami stating that he wasn't so confident now. He just smirked and shrugged it off.

"I thought they'd be bigger," he smiled at her as he took off his chakram and laid it in front of him. He placed his hand on it and closed his eyes taking a deep breath. He did this repeatedly for a few minutes until he opened his eyes and looked at Zubaidah, "Just tell me when you are ready to go in."

He listened to Zubaidah's plan's and instructions and began piecing together the information in his head trying to figure out how to strike the under belly of the beast.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Zubaidah watched as Rami spent several minutes taking in deep breaths, a method she often practiced to help with her concentration when performing precise strikes. She smiled to herself, noting how determined he was to take down the desert crocodile. Twirling her spear absentmindedly, she stared down at the riverbank and observed the crocodile as it basked in the sun’s rays.
    ‘Our best course of action to take is a long distance attack, to minimise any losses on our side. We do have a backup plan if we must go into close quarters, but let's focus on the first plan right now as that's our primary choice of dealing with the desert crocodile.

She looked back at him, waiting for his reply before gesturing towards the crocodile bathing on the golden sands, underbelly exposed to the outside air.
    ‘And we have a perfect opportunity to pull off this feat. So, to answer your question: I’m ready anytime you are.

Rami Naeem

Rami Naeem
D-Tier
D-Tier

((AGAIN suuuupper sorry for the long wait!))

"Alright then lets do this."

Rami stretched the muscles in his arms one last time before walking close enough to the Crocodile to where when he threw his chakram it would make a direct hit. He gestured for the poison as he slowly, yet carefully applied quite a fare amount to the blades on his weapon. He crouched down so he wouldn't be too visible to any other living things as he slowly crept just a little closer to the desert crocodile. Placing his hand on the chakram he took one last final breath before quickly twisting his waist with the blade following him and then snapping his hand back flinging the chakram much more precisely than he had when demonstrating on the boulder. You could practically hear the air around the chakram being slice in half as a grotesque piercing noise created a stillness in the air.

"Bullseye," Rami turned to smile at Zubaidah.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum