Trently
A-Tier
A-Tier
Hikari​ ​Tori

Tier:​ ​A-Tier
Class:​ ​Warrior
Type:​ ​Defensive/Supplementary
Range:​ ​Close
Requirements/Drawbacks:​ ​It​ ​is​ ​required​ ​that​ ​the user​ ​imbues​ ​themselves​ ​with​ ​Magoi​ ​as they​ ​focus.​ ​If​ ​distracted,​ ​they​ ​must​ ​refocus​ ​on​ ​the​ ​ability.​
Scaling:​ ​Amount​ ​of​ ​Layers
Sustain:​ ​0
Cool​ ​Down:​ ​4​ ​Posts
Cost:​ ​40​ ​Magoi
Description:  

Wrapping​ ​a​ ​thin​ ​coat​ ​of​ ​Magoi​ ​and​ ​infusing​ ​the​ ​user's​ ​own cells​ ​with​ ​Magoi​ ​to​ ​harden​ ​the user's​ ​body​ ​and​ held equipment, this​ ​ability​ ​employs​ ​the​ ​user​ ​with​ ​a​ ​defensive​ ​shield​ ​of Magoi​ ​in​ ​the form​ ​of​ ​a​ ​thin​ ​layer​ ​that​ ​shield​ ​the​ ​user​ ​from an​ ​A-Tier​ ​worth​ ​of​ ​Damage.​ ​It​ ​lasts​ ​indefinitely until​ ​broken.​

Last edited by Trently on 02/04/17, 10:11 pm; edited 4 times in total

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Hikari Tori [A-Tier] 35360610

2Hikari Tori [A-Tier] Empty Re: Hikari Tori [A-Tier] on 02/04/17, 07:36 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier
I've been slightly turned around concerning the Magoi Manip stuff so if you see an error in my logic, please point it out.
Hikari ​Tori

• I'm not sure how this would really work. I say this because there is suppose to be a restriction on movement with these A-Tier full coverage abilities. So with the shield active, you shouldn't be able to attack.

• From what I'm understanding with this whole A-Tier situation, the tiers can't equal Omega-Tier. So the attack will only be able to deal B-Tier damage.

• So the shield could last for 4 posts and the damage buff would last for 3 posts.

• I don't see how it would cause a paralysis effect. Do you mind explaining that?

3Hikari Tori [A-Tier] Empty Re: Hikari Tori [A-Tier] on 02/04/17, 09:44 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier
You could probably word this to be a lot easier to understand.

As for problems I caught while looking at this (since you asked me to)-- I'll bold and number them:

Wrapping​ ​a​ ​thin​ ​coat​ ​of​ ​Magoi​ ​and​ ​infusing​ ​the​ ​user's​ ​own cells​ ​with​ ​Magoi​ ​to​ ​harden​ ​the user's​ ​body​ ​and​ ​equipment, this​ ​ability​ ​employs​ ​the​ ​user​ ​with​ ​a​ ​defensive​ ​shield​ ​of Magoi​ ​in​ ​the form​ ​of​ ​a​ ​thin​ ​layer​ ​that​ (1) ​shield​ ​the​ ​user​ ​from an​ ​A-Tier​ ​worth​ ​of​ ​Damage.​ ​(2) Attacks​ ​dealt​ ​with​ ​the aid​ ​of this​ ​ability​ ​are​ ​increased​ ​by​ ​a​ ​single​ ​tier,​ ​it​ ​is​ ​plausible​ ​due to​ ​the​ ​hardening​ ​effects​ ​of​ ​the ability.​ ​It​ ​lasts​ ​indefinitely until​ ​broken.​ ​Instead​ ​of​ ​an​ ​attack​ ​being​ ​raised​ ​to​ ​Omega Tier​ ​due​ ​to the​ ​hardening​ ​of​ ​the​ ​ability,​ ​(3) it​ ​is​ ​able​ ​to​ ​deal​ ​a paralysis​ ​effect​ ​of​ ​for​ ​one​ ​post​ ​to​ ​a​ ​limb. Because of the Magoi overflow, it cam paralyze due to the rush of Magoi. If an attack is increased, it can only increase up to B-Tier unless it's original Tier is above B-Tier.

Now-- I'll tell you why I did this:

1.) This is an A tier ability that is split between Defensive and Supplementary. So, it has to be B tier defense. You may not retain the extra bonus from magoi manipulation with this ability and I will explain why later.

2.) You need to choose whether you want the attack buff or the paralysis. There is no having both unless you nerf the defense again.

3.) How much paralysis is this causing? I would limit it to only a limb or a certain radius inwards such as 3m (see the ability Zadi is making).

--

We actually had a discussion about this with Duquin about an ability identical to this that Zadi was creating. You weren't there, I know, so I'll explain it to you.

Magoi Manipulation can't be used to bypass the 'value' of abilities. As this ability stands now-- it's technically over Omega tier value:

A tier Defense = A
Attack Buff = A
Paralysis = A

= O + A

Split abilities may contain more than one effect but you need to take away some of the values. What I recommend doing with this ability is to:

> Take away either the attack buff or the paralysis.
> Nerf the defensive output to B tier (unless you take away the effect).
> The range should be Close. Self and equipment isn't a range.
> As Ariel said, we require full body magoi manipulation coverage to have movement penalties. You need to add some sort of movement penalty. Such as:

> Only being able to move at walking speed.
> Only being able to use a single ability while this is active.

thread tracker
http://www.porsef.tumblr.com/

4Hikari Tori [A-Tier] Empty Re: Hikari Tori [A-Tier] on 02/04/17, 10:27 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier
Approved for training with edits. If there is any issue with any of my changes, please message me. :o

Code:
[center][b]Hikari​ ​Tori[/b][/center]

[b]Tier:[/b]​ ​A-Tier
[b]Class:[/b]​ ​Warrior
[b]Type:[/b]​ ​Defensive/Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b]​ ​Close
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b]​ ​It​ ​is​ ​required​ ​that​ ​the user​ ​imbues​ ​themselves​ ​with​ ​Magoi​ ​as they​ ​focus.​ ​If​ ​distracted,​ ​they​ ​must​ ​refocus​ ​on​ ​the​ ​ability.​ The user may only move at a walking pace during the duration it is up.
[b]Scaling:[/b]​ ​Amount​ ​of​ ​Layers
[b]Sustain:[/b]​ ​0
[b]Cool​ ​Down:[/b]​ ​4​ ​Posts
[b]Cost:[/b]​ ​40​ ​Magoi
[b]Description:[/b]  
[list]
Wrapping​ ​a​ ​thin​ ​coat​ ​of​ ​magoi​ around the user ​to​ ​harden​ ​their ​body​ ​and​ held equipment that​ ​shields​ ​the​ ​user​ ​from an​ ​A-Tier​ ​worth​ ​of​ ​damage.​ ​If any equipment ceases contact with the body, the shield will dissipate on that object. It​ ​lasts​ ​indefinitely until​ ​broken or canceled by the user.​[/list]

thread tracker
http://www.porsef.tumblr.com/

5Hikari Tori [A-Tier] Empty Re: Hikari Tori [A-Tier] on 16/04/17, 07:02 pm

Trently

Trently
A-Tier
A-Tier

Hikari Tori [A-Tier] 35360610

6Hikari Tori [A-Tier] Empty Re: Hikari Tori [A-Tier] on 16/04/17, 07:19 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier
Approved!

Code:
[center][b]Hikari​ ​Tori[/b][/center]

[b]Tier:[/b]​ ​A-Tier
[b]Class:[/b]​ ​Warrior
[b]Type:[/b]​ ​Defensive/Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b]​ ​Close
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b]​ ​It​ ​is​ ​required​ ​that​ ​the user​ ​imbues​ ​themselves​ ​with​ ​Magoi​ ​as they​ ​focus.​ ​If​ ​distracted,​ ​they​ ​must​ ​refocus​ ​on​ ​the​ ​ability.​ The user may only move at a walking pace during the duration it is up.
[b]Scaling:[/b]​ ​Amount​ ​of​ ​Layers
[b]Sustain:[/b]​ ​0
[b]Cool​ ​Down:[/b]​ ​4​ ​Posts
[b]Cost:[/b]​ ​40​ ​Magoi
[b]Description:[/b] 
[list]
Wrapping​ ​a​ ​thin​ ​coat​ ​of​ ​magoi​ around the user ​to​ ​harden​ ​their ​body​ ​and​ held equipment that​ ​shields​ ​the​ ​user​ ​from an​ ​A-Tier​ ​worth​ ​of​ ​damage.​ ​If any equipment ceases contact with the body, the shield will dissipate on that object. It​ ​lasts​ ​indefinitely until​ ​broken or canceled by the user.​[/list]

Hikari Tori [A-Tier] BgH0fcQ
---
Traits Points: 0/8
Shards of Solomon: x2

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum