1Zafar's Professions Empty Zafar's Professions 26/03/17, 08:09 pm

Zafar

Zafar
β-Tier
β-Tier

Primary Profession
Related Class: Assassin
Profession Title: Wetboy
Description: An assassin known for using magical methods to accomplish his mark. These underworld brokers of death are professional killers with skills to match the craft.
Profession Perks:

• Phantom Presence - Sometimes witnesses can't be helped, however, whenever possible a wetboy makes sure to clean up after himself. Hairs, dead skin, and footprints are never left behind and spilled blood is always cleaned up after the fact. In order for someone to find signs of the user's presence, it must be done during the thread as returning to the scene later will result in only potential battle scars to the environment left behind.
  • Secrets for Sale - A wetboy needs to maintain a network of informants all across the globe. This perk grants the user knowledge of most large scale crimes or events taking place in a region, even if only as vague rumor. (Must have at least 3 threads in any given region in order to establish a network. Limited to 3 regions at any given time, switching regions requires an additional 3 threads even if a network was previously established in that region.) In addition, the player can pay 100,000 huang in order to inquire on the location of any given player character. Said character is then notified via PM that the wetboy is looking for them. After 7 days IRL time, if the target has not fled to a region the wetboy does not have a network in, the wetboy may then invade any new thread started by the target once. (Can only be done once per character)
  • Magical Maintenance - The tools of the trade are often magical in nature. Between jobs, a wetboy spends meticulous effort towards making sure their equipment is in top shape. While they lack knowledge in making magic tools, maintaining them is a standard feat. If a magic tool is broken, so long as the damage sustained did not surpass 150% of its durability, the wetboy can repair it on their own without needing to pay huang to the shop.

Secondary Profession
Profession Title: Insect Keeper
Description: An odd hobby for sure, the insect keeper collects and raises insects.
Profession Perks:

• Genus Genius - The insect keeper is well versed in various species of insect and can recognize even subtle differences in an instant. They are familiar with which insects are poisonous and which ones possess venom as well as unique behavioural traits. This allows them to easily spot and identify signs of an insect's presence as well.
  • Protein Finder - Some insects are an excellent source of protein and the insect keeper knows where to find the most juicy of grubs. By performing a wordcount towards hunting down insects, the insect keeper can procure food for themselves during a resting state.

D-tier Food: 100 words
    C-tier Food: 200 words
    B-tier Food: 300 words

Last edited by Zafar on 19/04/17, 07:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Zafar's Professions Empty Re: Zafar's Professions 26/03/17, 09:29 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

> Wetboy

Phantom Presence

"In order for someone to find signs of the user's presence, it must be done during the thread as returning to the scene later will result in only potential battle scars to the environment left behind."

Could you clarify that a bit better? I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that since it's worded weird. How does cleaning up after himself cause someone finding signs of his presence leave battle scars..?

Secrets for Sale

"After 7 days IRL time, if the target has not fled to a region the wetboy does not have a network in, the wetboy may then invade any new thread started by the target once."

This is particularly easy to achieve if the requirement is:

"(Must have at least 3 threads in any given region in order to establish a network.)"

After a bit of role playing in each area, there would be nowhere for the target to run which makes it a bit difficult for someone who isn't okay with being invaded to get away from your character. I'm not particularly sure how I feel about this perk as a whole because I'm not a fan of invasions but I'll ask the other staff to see how they feel about it.

-- Other than that, this seems fine.

3Zafar's Professions Empty Re: Zafar's Professions 27/03/17, 07:34 pm

Zafar

Zafar
β-Tier
β-Tier

Phantom Presence:
It's basically supposed to mean that if I do a thread and end it, then someone else starts a thread where they go to the same location and investigate, the only evidence of my presence they would find are things Zafar couldn't just clean up. So if lots of collateral damage was done such as broken walls and shattered furniture, that evidence would remain. But it would be the only evidence as any blood, hair, or skin has been cleaned up due to the perk.

The same would apply if the person investigated in the same thread, but it was IC several hours after Zafar left. I'm also open to adding in a line about this perk not triggering if the location in question is under constant guard. So if Zafar tried to assassinate a king in their bedroom and had to flee, he wouldn't be able to go back and clean up because the palace would be on high alert and heavily guarded.

If that is an acceptable perk then I'll try to reword it before the final approval.

Secrets for Sale:

I'm open to having Imuchakk and any lesser nations that might open up, such as Sasan or Kina, be exempt from this perk. It wouldn't make much sense for Zafar to have established networks there.

I'm also open to losing an established network if Zafar isn't there for an extended period of time. Like 3 months IRL.

Invasions are part of the forum and this perk isn't the only way I can do it. It's just more convenient for me lol

4Zafar's Professions Empty Re: Zafar's Professions 19/04/17, 04:57 am

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Secrets For Sale

Sorry for not getting back to you on this for a while.

We've come to the conclusion that perhaps instead of being able to have contacts in all regions as long as you have three threads in them, you will be limited to three regions at a time. Which is generous considering there are six total regions or seven if you count the Open Seas. But, you'd be able to freely switch between which you want and which you don't want to control at a time.

As for a 50/50 effort for moderating it, just keep a list in your vault (perhaps under the perk) that shows which regions you're controlling and with three links to the threads required.

While invasions are apart of the forum, they can only be normally requested if you're being antagonized by another player. That was how it was written when I finally found it in staff notifications. This perk is allowing you to antagonize others. Not the other way around.

5Zafar's Professions Empty Re: Zafar's Professions 19/04/17, 07:57 pm

Zafar

Zafar
β-Tier
β-Tier

Travel threads are all open to invasions, that's what I was referring to Very Happy But I'm okay with that change to the perk, I'll edit it now.

6Zafar's Professions Empty Re: Zafar's Professions 19/04/17, 09:00 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Approved. :D

Code:
[center][u][b]Primary Profession[/b][/u][/center]
[b]Related Class:[/b] Assassin
[b]Profession Title:[/b] Wetboy
[b]Description:[/b] An assassin known for using magical methods to accomplish his mark. These underworld brokers of death are professional killers with skills to match the craft.
[b]Profession Perks:[/b]
[list]
[*][b]Phantom Presence[/b] - Sometimes witnesses can't be helped, however, whenever possible a wetboy makes sure to clean up after himself. Hairs, dead skin, and footprints are never left behind and spilled blood is always cleaned up after the fact. In order for someone to find signs of the user's presence, it must be done during the thread as returning to the scene later will result in only potential battle scars to the environment left behind.
[*][b]Secrets for Sale[/b] - A wetboy needs to maintain a network of informants all across the globe. This perk grants the user knowledge of most large scale crimes or events taking place in a region, even if only as vague rumor. (Must have at least 3 threads in any given region in order to establish a network. Limited to 3 regions at any given time, switching regions requires an additional 3 threads even if a network was previously established in that region.) In addition, the player can pay 100,000 huang in order to inquire on the location of any given player character. Said character is then notified via PM that the wetboy is looking for them. After 7 days IRL time, if the target has not fled to a region the wetboy does not have a network in, the wetboy may then invade any new thread started by the target once. (Can only be done once per character)
[*][b]Magical Maintenance[/b] - The tools of the trade are often magical in nature. Between jobs, a wetboy spends meticulous effort towards making sure their equipment is in top shape. While they lack knowledge in making magic tools, maintaining them is a standard feat. If a magic tool is broken, so long as the damage sustained did not surpass 150% of its durability, the wetboy can repair it on their own without needing to pay huang to the shop.
[/list]

[center][u][b]Secondary Profession[/b][/u][/center]
[b]Profession Title:[/b] Insect Keeper
[b]Description:[/b] An odd hobby for sure, the insect keeper collects and raises insects.
[b]Profession Perks:[/b]
[list]
[*][b]Genus Genius[/b] - The insect keeper is well versed in various species of insect and can recognize even subtle differences in an instant. They are familiar with which insects are poisonous and which ones possess venom as well as unique behavioural traits. This allows them to easily spot and identify signs of an insect's presence as well.
[*][b]Protein Finder[/b] - Some insects are an excellent source of protein and the insect keeper knows where to find the most juicy of grubs. By performing a wordcount towards hunting down insects, the insect keeper can procure food for themselves during a resting state.

D-tier Food: 100 words
C-tier Food: 200 words
B-tier Food: 300 words
[/list]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum