You are not connected. Please login or register

Growing Strong [Training | Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Aoife Reis

Aoife Reis
C-Tier
C-Tier

Training:

Aoife ran her fingers along her staff, her Jeune Arbre, as she walked through the library of Magnostadt. She had been preparing tirelessly for her second Kodor exam--she had passed the academic part, yes, but the actual fighting required a lot more training than just learning the intricacies and properties of magic. She playfully spun her staff around and perused through books, hoping to find anything of value in helping her prepare. She didn't feel she lacked the skill nor did she think she was going to be at a disadvantage, but she needed more ammunition if she was going to wipe the floor with her opponent. After what seemed like an eternity (read: thirty minutes) of searching for something, she happened upon a recorded book of old spells for those blessed by life rukh. She immediately grabbed and went to the nearest table, absolutely intrigued by the book's contents. The title was incomprehensible, at least, she was absolutely flabbergasted as to what language the book was written in. Aoife squinted her eyes, as if it that was supposed to make the language suddenly easy to understand, and laughed at herself before returning to focus on the work at hand. The pages of the book were even more difficult to understand but there were fairly explicit drawings which Aoife found to be a godsend considering her situation.

"What...do you even mean...I wish I could understand you..." Aoife mumbled to herself, glossing over the pages and looking at the vivid, very descriptive illustrations. She happened upon one page that was purely depicted--it showed a magician in the center of a field conjuring up a wily and enormous vine adorned with lilies. Lilies were pretty and coincidentally Aoife's favorite flower, so she dug deeper into this picture. She felt drawn to it as if it was her destiny to happen upon this picture and learn from it. She grabbed the book and took it with her back to her room, delving deeper into the pages from the comfort of her own bed. She searched through every manuscript, every reference material, every book in her possession that could possibly translate the book's pages, but she met no success. Seeing it as a lost cause, she decided to set the book on her table and go to bed, finding she'd probably have more success in the morning.

Aoife awoke just before the sun rose, still haunted by the mysterious book she found in the library. It was still dark and the only light her room received was the luminescent glow of the moon that shone in through her window. She glanced at the book on the table and had the strangest allure to it, as if it was speaking to her. A cold breeze brushed across her shoulders as she shivered from the chill. She looked very fetching in her negligee, though who was really there to notice. She opened the book and glanced around at a few pages, feeling oddly confident about her abilities as a translator. Perhaps it was the moonlight, or Aoife had tapped into a secret knowledge she knew all along, but she seemed to understand the pages of the script.

"O...flowers...that speak...death...rise from the--ahem--O flowers of the long sleep, rise from thine earthen slumber and strip my foes from their mortal coil...Zanbaq" Aoife stammered, trying to correctly translate the words within the manuscript. She heard a rumbling in the plants around her, and whipped around to find her flower pot tremble ever so slightly. She looked quizzically at plant and edged closer to it, watching the plant wobble and shake more and more vigorously than before.

"Oh...oh no...oh f--" A vine shot from the pot and darted past Aoife's head, nearly striking her shoulder as it whipped into the wall closest to the door of her bedroom. The vine sprouted lilies from, well, Aoife wasn't really sure where, but the white flowers lit up the room as the vine retracted back into the plant, leaving the lilies to gracefully fall to the ground in its wake.

"Incredible...this magic...this power...this is unlike anything I have ever seen..." Aoife was positively perplexed. She wasn't too sure she could perform the spell again, at least not without understanding the founding principles behind it. Yes, it was life magic, but there was something to it, there was knowledge of something else that truly made the magic what it was. She pored through the pages of the text, its words made completely legible to her eyes now. She was desperate to find the properties and sat down at the table, furiously writing down notes and absorbing in everything she could. As the sun rose in the distance, the words on the pages once again became completely ineligible, causing Aoife to furiously undulate in rage.

"OH COME ON!" She screamed so loud the walls shook a bit from the sound. She thought she saw a black streak flutter around the room, but that also just might be her vision going from the delirium of being up five hours earlier than she usually is. Deciding that a nap would be best, she laid down in her bed and laid it all to rest, dreaming of powerful magic and lilies.

It was night when Aoife woke up, her body groggy from the disturbance in her sleep schedule, and immediately took to her book. However, this time, instead of writing down more notes, she grabbed her book and zipped out to test out her new idea in practice.

"Okay...let's try this: O flowers of death, emerge from thine earthen slumber and rend the world asunder, Zanbaq!" Aoife chanted, and tapped her staff on the ground, feeling the rukh around her flutter, and vibrate, and whirl around her. This power was nothing she had ever felt before. The earth around her tore at itself and sprouted a vicious vine that shot twenty meters out into the air, revealing blossomed lilies upon the vine. As the vine return to the earth, the lilies rained down upon her, leaving her in a field of white. Aoife had discovered the secret: yes, it was life magic, but it was knowledge of strength magic that really made the spell work.

"YES!"

Word Count: 1045/1000

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Shard of Solomon x1
Trait Points x2

Growing Strong [Training | Solo] EstB7cX

Aoife Reis

Aoife Reis
C-Tier
C-Tier

Training:

Aoife spent the next few nights furiously scribbling away in her own notepad, writing down magical theory or phrases she believed the rukh told her. She would find herself muttering either in midday or during the night time. She even found herself making nonsensical musings mid sleep as her roommate would very politely wake her up and inform Aoife that she was sleep talking--babbling--again for the fourth time that week and if she could really keep it down that would be grand. Who was she to say to keep it down!? Aoife barely got sleep enough as it was when she had a gentleman caller over. But, she was polite and decided not to be confrontational and merely apologize for her rudeness. Aoife did usually get a room to her self most nights. How her roommate managed to keep her studies up is beyond her but hey talent is talent no matter who you are, right? She turned over and fell back asleep, wracking her brain on how to solve the mysteries of the complicated tome she came in possession of.

Aoife awoke earlier than usual, her roommate still sound asleep in her bed. Aoife wondered what it would be like to have a friendship with her roommate, but their relationship was strained already, so there was no point in pursuing anything. Aoife wasn't used to sharing a room and neither was she, so she ignored that for the sake of harmonious living. She took out the mysterious book and started to read from it, understanding that it became legible in the moonlight. There was so much to learn from this and yet Aoife felt like she needed an infinite amount of time. Perhaps this book was cursed? Oh she hopes not. But from all she read, there was nothing new to be gained from reading the manuscript apart from the spell she learned last week. Still, she felt there was something and she was determined to find it. The book taught her strength magic, and it taught her a beautiful spell that utilized deadly lilies. There had to be something else within these pages that could help her out in some form. Just then her roommate woke up, obviously displeased that Aoife was awake and probably going to wake her anyways.

"Do. You. Ever. Sleep!?" She asked, tiredly and annoyingly berating Aoife. Aoife only rolled her eyes and continued her studies, not wishing to dignify her roommate with a response. This did not deter Aoife's roommate, and she merely walked over and peered over her shoulder at the book's contents. "Huh...where did you find this?" Aoife only clutched the book closer to her body and took it away from her roommate's sight.

"I found it in the library. It's mine, ok? So don't get any funny ideas to take it from me!" Aoife was aggressive. Aoife noticed she was primarily aggressive. She let out of a sheepish "sorry I'm tired" before apologizing for being so rude. Her roommate was undeterred. It seemed she was use to rudeness.

"Well...I noticed that you've read this thing front to back at least four times now. If you're really trying to get everything you need out of it...I can help. But...I want something in return..." Ugh. The dreaded "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine" bit. Still, Aoife was determined to satiate her unyielding curiosity for the final secret within the book, so she decided to bite on her roommate's offer. Her roommate was ecstatic at the very thought of striking a deal and sat down right next to her, eager to start whatever investigation she was thinking she would conduct.

"I want to know exactly what you'll think you'll find that I haven't found in five da--" Aoife started before looking in awe at her roommate's ability. Well, the answer to how she passed her classes was clear as day. Her roommate's hands glowed with brilliant light as the rukh fluttered about them. This was magic unlike anything Aoife had ever seen before. Was this one of the eight magic types? It was beautiful. Fantastic even!

"It's called Clairvoyance Magic. It reveals the hidden truths in the past or present. I use it to cheat on written exams, but I think my professors have caught on...ah...interesting. It seems there was a spell placed upon this tome to have the text change between night and day..." Right. Aoife knew that. Give her something she didn't ALREADY know. "Oh...here's an interesting part. The day text and the night text are different entirely. There's all new material in the day. Well! There's your answer! Now..." Before her roommate could even start, Aoife interrupted.

"No! The text in the day is literally incomprehensible. I can't read it! There's these symbols and I've gone through every dictionary imaginable and couldn't find what language it was in! Maybe you can read it during the day? Maybe the text is hidden more and only your clairvoy-whatever magic can read it?" This sparked an interest in Aoife's roommate and she smiled.

"Well, I guess we wait until sunrise? By the way...my name is Eleanor...you can call me Elly for short. You are...?" Wow. It never occurred to Aoife that they never knew each others' names.

"I...I am Aoife. It's very nice to actually know your name!" And so the friendship blossomed.

Morning arrived and the two girls hurriedly opened up the book, this time giving it immediately to Elly to begin diving the pages of the text.

"This is serious stuff...it seems it was written in a cypher in another language. Lucky for you, I know quite a few languages!" Elly explained, exerting more effort than usual to use her clairvoyance magic. She ran her hands across the pages, absorbing all the info she could into her mind before closing it. "Well, I found some useful stuff for me in there, which was going to be the favor I asked of you...in return...I think there's one spell that might be useful for you. It's fairly powerful, however, so be careful," Elly scribbled down a few notes on a piece of paper and handed them to Aoife before skipping happily out of the room. What an odd girl. But, it was time for Aoife to go practice this art! Aoife hurried outside to a place where it was safe to try out this magic and began to clear a space.

"O great king who supports the green earth, receive mine foolish offering that grovels at your feet...Balut!" Aoife chanted. The incantation seemed a little silly considering what she was required to do, but as soon she opened her mouth to curse her roommate's integrity, a swath of wood erupted from the ground around her, stabbing upwards into the sky with sharp, wooden needles. "H-holy...that is something. Elly, thank you!"

Word Count: 1156/1000

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Shard of Solomon x1
Trait Points x2

Growing Strong [Training | Solo] EstB7cX

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum