The little soup kitchen [Job/Rima]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Aayla

Aayla
C-Tier
C-Tier

Job Information:

The war had been getting rather difficult for everyone involved, even for those who chose to stay as far away from it as they could. Time and time again she had tried to help those who couldn’t, moving to aid villagers who had suffered under the false Emperor’s soldiers by building shelters or even fighting off the enemy soldiers. The jobs themselves wouldn’t be so tiring if Aayla hadn’t constantly been called out to battle.

She knew nothing about what it would be like once she joined the military, and hadn’t expected to be thrown at every battle imaginable. She wasn’t sure if this was because of the declining number of soldiers, or because of her brute strength in combat. No matter, today’s job would be much easier.

The people of Kou were suffering through this war just as much as the soldiers, their rations dwindling by the day as soldiers ate their fill. It seemed someone in the higher ups had decided to extend their hand to the citizens by starting a simple soup kitchen. A place where citizens could go and eat a decent meal. Aayla’s job for the morning was simple, she was to guard the door to ensure only citizens entered, and no enemy soldiers snuck in.

That afternoon however, it was her turn to switch from guard to server. She found herself soon getting out of her armor to appear less intimidating, leaving it in a back room leaving only her sword strapped to her back. It seemed this was a job even for those who weren’t slaves… hunh.

WC: 264/500

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

"Everyday we're getting closer to home, isn't that right brother?" The magician whispered under her breath, looking out towards the sunrise. She was indeed getting closer to the village her and Set lived in as children, but it was still quite a way off. What was she going to find there? Perhaps the village wasn't even still standing. Hell, the Masked Man that they met that fateful day could have destroyed it after she ran away. Whatever the case was, she couldn't back out of it. If she was going to find any kind of clue in Kou, it was going to be there.

"Hey! Are you actually going to do something today? If you still plan on helping us, grab one of those aprons on the counter inside and get to the kitchen, ASAP!"
A gruff voice bled into her daydreams, with the sound of a slamming door behind it. She let a drawn out sigh as she picked herself up off the ground and stretched herself out a bit. Today was going to be a major pain, but she had to make a bit of money somehow. She was sick of not eating more than a single roll of bread for dinner every night. However, at least she wasn't starving like most of the people in the building behind her was, right? The war was rough on a lot of people, but it wasn't entirely apparent when she first got to Kou. It took a few villages in before she finally saw evidence of there even being a civil war.  

Rima finally decided to stop lazing about and go do her job. She walked into the building and looked around at all the people sitting around. 'Tch, how do we even know all these people have been affected by the war? Some of the people here could just be here for the sake of free food.' she thought to herself. Then again, she'd most likely try to do the same thing, so why were these thoughts so aggressive? Whatever the case was, the magician eventually found her way to the busy kitchen. She was pushed and shoved around as the workers did their best to keep the food coming. After wading through many people, she finally found an open spot in the kitchen and grabbed one of the aprons on the counter. However, her actions froze as she saw bright red hair move throughout the crowd. It was a young Fanalis girl with a sword strapped to her back. It was her second time seeing a pureblood Fanalis, the first time was when she fought one face to face in the coliseum. She rose her hand in the air, gently waving towards the rare sight. "Hey..."

WC - 458

Inventory:

Aayla

Aayla
C-Tier
C-Tier

Once Aayla's tray was out of food, she waded her way through the crowd back towards the kitchen for more. Things seemed to be settling down a little bit at least so it shouldn't be so hard for her to maneuver through the crowd. Most people already had their plates and were sitting huddled over their plates of food. 

She hated seeing so many people go hungry like this, even if some looked better off than others she knew that somehow they were hitting hard times for being here. She wished she could quickly end the war, but she also knew the likelyhood of that happening was extremely small.

As she approached the kitchen, her gaze became distracted by a hand that raised up above the kitchen staff and waved at her. At first she thought the girl must have been waving to someone behind her, but with a quick word she confirmed that she was actually talking to Aayla herself.

Her gaze remained hesitant on the strange girl, scanning her quickly before walking over. She was putting an apron on, perhaps she just needed her help with something?

"Uhm... hello. Do you need help?"
She asked in such a low tone it might have been missed above the sound of those around them. She had slowly been building up her confidence, but meeting new people was still very difficult for her.

WC: 231/495

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Rima tilted her head slightly in confusion when the Fanalis came up to her and asked her if she needed something. Her face then turned a light shade of red as she realized she didn't actually have a reason to call her over at all. "Uhm, uh, yeah! Could you help me carry some of this food out there?" she said after thinking for a coverup, attempting to grab one of the trays with soup on it and clumsily dropping it on the ground. At this point, Rima's face had turned blood red due to embarrassment. "Actu-actually, just forget about it...sorry for bothering you." Rima grabbed a nearby towel and began shamefully cleaning up the mess she had made. 'I'm really not fit for a job like this, this is why Setekh never let me make dinner.' Rima thought to herself, while on the verge of tears.

WC - 605

Aayla

Aayla
C-Tier
C-Tier

"Uhm... yeah alright..."
Aayla said as she made her way over to Rima just at the girl began picking up a tray of food. She seemed rather unsteady as she did so, and as a result the plate of soup went flying, spilling it's contents all over the floor around them. The girl looked rather embarrassed as quite a few people decided to stop and stare at them so see just what was going on.

Aayla turned and glared at those that chuckled, kneeling down in the soup and offering her hand to Rima, helping her back up if she took it, if not, Aayla would remain kneeling in the soup.

"Don't worry about cleaning up the mess, these things happen. They've got cleaning staff for stuff like this... Are you alright? You looked pretty shaken up, even before the soup..."
She would say gently, offering her a smile as she did so. She couldn't help but feel slightly at ease with this girl... as strange of a memory as it was, she kind of reminded her of Aria... one of the slave girls that had been put on kitchen duty at 8 years old... that girl was as clumsy as they came, and Aayla had been at her side often to help her become better at her job and avoid retribution from their masters. Her own cheeks started to turn red as she remembered this, but cleared her throat to bring herself back to reality.

WC: 500+

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Rima looked up, only to find her eyes making contact with the Fanalis she embarrassed herself in front of. ‘Why is she helping me? I completely goofed, any normal person would have just laughed in my face.’ the magician thought to herself, slightly skeptical about the situation. “Um, yeah I’m fine...just a bit tired.” Rima was just about always tired, and even though she took a nap right before getting called into the kitchen, she remained exhausted. She however, was withholding a bit of information to the Fanalis, as she had actually been slightly off for a while now, due to her emotions being completely out of whack again.
The purple haired girl pulled herself up, listening to the words of the Fanalis girl. “I guess you’re right. Thanks a bunch, my name is Rima by the way!” Her personality suddenly shifting to an ever-so happier and energetic tone. Her arms held behind her back, and a large smile stretching across her unpainted lips. “Well, we should most likely get to work, sorry for slowing you down.” Rima walked over to another tray of food on the table, ready to get back to work. However, she would wait until the Fanalis girl responded and possibly joined her in transporting more food before taking off.

WC - 815

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Rima’s smile continued to widen as watched the Fanalis make her way towards her and help out with the trays of food. Was the young magician girl’s happiness genuine? She wasn’t entirely sure herself, but at the current given time she felt the heavy presence she’d been carrying around for some time now lighten ever so slightly, as it seemed to do with each new friend she made along the way. Perhaps, she was on a clear path to recovery from her messed up life, or perhaps, she was heading straight to hell without even realizing it. Whatever the case was, she continued to help out at the soup kitchen for the rest of the day, alongside her newfound Fanalis friend. [EXIT]

[OOC: I'm sorry for leaving, I wasn't sure when you were going to come back ;-; but I needed the job space. I hope we can RP some more in the future though! <3]

WC - 936

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum