You are not connected. Please login or register

Winds come a blowing [Private Training]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hannah Voight

Hannah Voight
C-Tier
C-Tier

The sun was setting over a short hill that overlooked a tucked away lake. Hannah sat at the edge of the lake with her toes dipped into the lake’s banks. She was humming a simple tune while flipping through a weathered book. If it was not for her source of light fading away quickly she would not have moved for took a silver bookmark out from the back of the book and placed it in her spot before shutting it and sitting it beside her on top of an equally looking worn satchel. Letting out a sigh she pulled her feet out of the lake and stood up dragging a few blades of grass with her.

116 words

Hannah Voight

Hannah Voight
C-Tier
C-Tier

She stretched her arms upward causing her blouse to pull up revealing her belly button. As her hands and arms came down Hannah let out a loud yawn. “Ughhhhh” I don’t want to walk back to the town, its such a drag of a walk alone. Perhaps I’ll find a cute kitten or bunny to keep me occupied as I walk, though I would not mind finishing this chapter in my book, its so interesting reading the different concepts of utilizing wind magic. Who would have thought that people could use it with such direct precision that they can create such unique forms of hairstyles.”
Word 222

Hannah Voight

Hannah Voight
C-Tier
C-Tier

As she leaned down to place the book in her bag her hair fell right into her eyes, a single lock pricked her left eye causing a sharp bit of pain. “Owww. Shhhh. Dang that stings really bad, of course this would happen to me.” She threw her book into the satchel with her eye closed and yanked the bag over her shoulder. “Well this walk is going to stink even more now, I’m just ready to get home and take a nice warm bath.” She slipped her wet feet into her shoes and started on her journey towards the small town that she was currently staying.

331 words

Hannah Voight

Hannah Voight
C-Tier
C-Tier

There was a single lane country running from the lake area through a small corn field. As Hannah walked along the path the wind blew threw the corn stalk sparking a memory from Hannah’s childhood. She remembered how that her father used to place her on his shoulders and run through the fields near the end of the summer. Oh how she would laugh and giggle. He would spin around and around quickly, forcing her to grab onto his ears just so that she could hold on for dear life. After a few spins he would fall to the ground and the two would just lay there laughing until Hannah started to snort.

444 words

Hannah Voight

Hannah Voight
C-Tier
C-Tier

That was then and this is now though, Hannah was no longer that small little girl that thought her dad hung the sun in the heavens. Now Hannah was a fourteen year old girl, her father was a sick aging man, and there was nothing that she could do to help him out. Since graduating from her school she had done almost nothing but travel. She returned home for only a few short months to help her mom out but realized that their town was not big enough for her to make any money to help support them long term. She needed to go out into the world to find the opportunities to get the money for her family.

563 words

Hannah Voight

Hannah Voight
C-Tier
C-Tier

The sun seemed to be going down much quicker than Hannah anticipated, she was going to be caught in the dark. Hannah was not the biggest fan of the dark, in fact it made her very nervous, so much that she would more than likely start imagining that there would be creatures or people running through the corn waiting to pounce her like a cat and a mouse. Come to think about it Hannah had read a book about small children that killed an entire village near a corn field. Would her being only fourteen let her slip in among their ranks and avoid being slaughtered right here on this plain dirt road.

676 words

Hannah Voight

Hannah Voight
C-Tier
C-Tier

Her pace quickened as the sun’s decent was imminent. Her satchel bounced around her body and her hand gripped her staff tightly. As the impending darkness was soon to engulf her she started into a full blown sprint. She was still a good ten to fifteen minutes away from the town, she was in layman’s terms shit out of luck. The suns last bit of rays dipped behind the horizon and with it the fear in her eyes growing with each passing second, Hannah’s pleasant evening was about to go down the crapper. “Oh no, oh no, oh no. How am I going to make it back now?! I hate the dark, I hate the dark sooo much. If only I had studied more light magic in school I could put my mind at ease. How anybody enjoys the nighttime is beyond me.” Hannah stood there a nervous wreck. Her hands were white from gripping her staff so tightly that her blood flow was probably going to be cut off soon.

848 words

Hannah Voight

Hannah Voight
C-Tier
C-Tier

A suddenly sound from a nearby patch of the corn stalk Hannah quickly spun around and held her staff out the name of one of the spells that she had been working on the past couple days. “Knock Around Blast!” The area that she heard the sound soon became busy with wind. The corn stalk in the area was ripped from the ground and tossed about in the air like a rag doll. The corn ears fell hard onto the ground creating yet another noise. Though in daylight Hannah might have been able to see that the sound of the corn ears falling were just that but in the dark her mind was running wild. In her mind her first assault did not do enough damage and whatever caused the sound was just in for round two. She swung her staff about and screamed another spell that she had been working on at the top of her lungs. You better leave me alone! I’m not going to let you slit my throat open and leave me a husk on this forsaken dirt road. Sweeper! The wind about Hannah started spinning about forcing everything and possibly everybody besides Hannah to the ground. She hoped that this show of strength might scare off whatever was actually there.

1,065 words
Knock Around Blast Trained
Sweeper Trained.

Hannah Voight

Hannah Voight
C-Tier
C-Tier

Hannah listened for any kind of sound that might stir from the area of corn that she was currently blasting wind relentlessly at, as she stood there in the dark silence was the only thing that filled the air. It was becoming obvious though that the sound was all in Hannah’s head. The moon filled the night sky and was starting to peak through the clouds illuminating the path before her towards the town that she was staying at. Even though the path was shown clear before her she was still nervous to leave that area, who knows whatever was in the corn could be just laying in wait for her guard to drop and then BAM! Hannah is laying there on the dirt path all alone bleeding out, poisoned, and getting ready to be beheaded not a soul would come to her rescue, nobody but her parents would mourn her. Would her parents even learn that she was dead? She was a couple weeks travel away from home so chances were nobody would even know who to go tell about her death. It is such a sad thought born into this world and snuffed out without a thought. For what seemed like hours Hannah stood there waiting, watching, and listening, though it was only roughly two minutes of standing there. It was not until she heard various shouting from the town that she was snapped out of her trance. It seemed that some of the locals were getting a bit rowdy and having too much fun, that was fine by Hannah though, it gave her the needed motivation to actual move. Being free from her fear she bolted for the town at full speed, leaving a trail of dust behind her. The lights from the town were so warm, so welcoming, so peaceful. She knew that she would be safe from the darkness of the night and the beast that roamed it if she could only reach those sacred ground. As she entered the town she tripped over her own feet and fell to the ground. She was scrapped up but she was safe. She raised her head slightly up before dropping it right back to the ground letting out a huge sigh. “Ugh why do I have to be so weird, I’ll never get over my fears if I keep asking like a ten year old girl” The towns people walked around her depressing body not even attempting to talk to her, she knew that they all thought she was weird but she did not mind, she would be leaving this town soon enough anyways. She picked herself up and dusted off before heading towards the inn that she was staying at. She was ready to head to bed.

[End]

1,527 words

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum