C-Tier

ABILITIES

Flesh Rend
Tier: D
Class: Beast Master
Type: Offensive
Range: Close (0m)
Requirements/Drawbacks:

Fangs and a unblocked mouth. Races forward to attach onto foe with mouth.

Scaling:

Damage

Sustain: 0
Cool Down: 1
Cost: 10
Description:

Orders a beast to latch on to prey with their fangs. Tearing at flesh as they thrash around. Does D-tier damage

Body Check
Type: Offensive
Requirements/Drawbacks:

Must be a larger beast at least 60cm. Must have a running start.

Scaling:

Damage

Description:

Orders the beast to slam their body into foe. Normally the shoulder or equivalent of will hit first with the rest of the body following. Damage dealt is D-Tier.

Rebuke
Type: Defensive
Requirements/Drawbacks:

One can not use a offensive move in the same post this is used.

Scaling:

Damage

Description:

Orders the beast to push away attacks preventing damage. Uses paws to parry blows.Only works on D-tier moves.

Burrow
Type: Supplementary
Range: Medium (5m)
Requirements/Drawbacks:

Requires claws meant for digging. Back is turned to foe.

Scaling:

Makes even more holes tripping up foes and slowing them.

Description:

Orders the beast to dig holes. These pot holes are meant to twist ankles and slow foes. It is not uncommon for them to be hit with dirt if they approach which does do anything but soil clothes.

Snap and Twist
Tier: C
Type: Offensive/Supplementary
Requirements/Drawbacks:

Fangs and unblocked mouth. Needs to get in close and latch on to pull at foe.

Scaling:

Damage

Cool Down: 2
Cost: 20
Description:

Orders the beast to grip an arm or leg. Then proceed to bite into and pull back behind foe. Twisting or tripping them. The initial attack is equal to Tier D.

Last edited by Ammon on 31/10/16, 09:43 am; edited 2 times in total

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Ammon Menefers Abilities/Traits  6yAJnMt

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Alrighty, looks like there is a bit of a misunderstanding here in regards to Requirements and Scaling so I'm gonna tackle those issues in the first half of this post. Hopefully this will give you a better grasp of how those two aspects work which will allow you to get your abilities approved more smoothly in the future.

Requirements:
In general, this section should almost always include at least one physical condition that needs to be met in order to perform your ability.

For example, your beast needing to be in the middle of a running start first, or needing to bare its fangs and bark once. What makes those two examples acceptable is that they create limitations on the ability that would prevent it from being used in certain circumstances. If your beast is bound and unable to run, it can't perform the running start needed. If it is muzzled and can't bare its fangs or bark, then it doesn't meet the requirements to execute the ability.

The purpose of giving each ability a set of conditions it is required to meet prior to or during execution is to create more engaging and interesting combat scenarios. It makes it possible to "seal" your opponent from being able to perform certain abilities and likewise makes you cautious of being "sealed" yourself.

Things like, "Can't hit flying targets" is somewhat redundant for a land-based creature that can't fly. Such "given" restrictions don't need to be listed. Although I will say that the effort you put into detailing multiple points for your ability requirements makes me very pleased and impressed. Few new players are willing to go into specific details like you did. I wish they were more open to it. Alas, I digress. So long as you have at least one condition like I mentioned above in your requirements section, it should be fine. You don't NEED to elaborate on other details if they would be apparent in the nature of combat itself(a bite putting you in range of melee weapons for example.)

Scaling:
This section should be kept super simple and concise unless you are going for a unique type of scaling. However all the scaling types you have listed essentially do one of the several generic scaling types mentioned in the ability systems page. Damage and Amount scaling.

Instead of saying your beast increases speed to deal more damage, just put "Damage" and everyone on the forum should know that for every 10 stamina you add to the ability, the damage output(or the threshold of damage blocked) increases by 1 tier. You could also say that it is "doubled" in potency as each tier is half of the next tier above it.(Two C-tiers equal a B-tier. Two B-tiers equal an A-tier. Four C-tiers equal an A-tier as well.)

Instead of saying your beast is digging multiple holes just put "Amount" and everyone on the forum should know that the number of holes you dig is doubled for every 10 stamina invested into scaling.

I hope these explanations help you streamline your ability approvals in the future. Please take the information in mind when making the following edits I'm about to request for your abilities so you don't forget to edit your requirements/scaling sections too, even though I'm not going to mention them due to covering both subjects so thoroughly in this first section of my post.

Flash Rend:

Description - Biting a target is an offensive act, but holding them and trying to make bring them down(presumably to the ground) is a supplementary act. We require that abilities with multiple functions/acts such as this require their strength/potency be split between them. Since a D-tier ability can't be split into anything smaller, you must lose one of these aspects.

Please limit this ability to just dealing damage, or to just pulling a target to the ground and holding them.

Body Check:

Cost - This should only cost 10

Description - Remove the line about damage being based off speed and weight. While combat clashes are generally logic based, things like the amount of damage you are swinging with are more "game" based and can conform to "anime logic" so it doesn't need to make perfect scientific sense.

Remove the stun effect as that would be a supplementary aspect. As I mentioned before, a D-tier ability can't have a hybrid of types since it can't be split.

To Heel:

Cost - This should be 10

Description - As this ability stands, it isn't really an ability. You don't need an ability to call your beast in front of you to have it act as a meat shield. In fact, you don't even need to call it. You can rp it consciously making the decision to defend your character on its own even if he is unconscious or unaware of a threat that the beast IS aware of.

A true defensive ability is parrying or blocking the incoming damage in a way that prevents your beast from taking any injuries at all. I suggest changing this to some sort of tail or paw swipe that aims to knock an incoming attack out of the way. Otherwise it really is a "waste" of an ability slot, though it pains me to phrase it that way. Still, I'd hate to see you nerf yourself when you don't need to.

Dirt Throw:

Type - This would be a supplementary ability.

Cost - This should be 10

Description - You may note that being hit with dirt is annoying but since your supplementary effect is more focused on the holes tripping someone up, please add in a line that getting hit with the dirt his ultimately harmless. If you and another player wish to agree that the dirt gets in their eyes for fun as flavor text that is fine, but in the case of events against staff controlled NPCs, it may be ignored as a "threat" of any kind depending on the moderators discretion.

Snap and Twist:

Cost - This should be 20

Description - As you might have guessed by now, this ability is also an offensive supplementary. Please specifically note that the bite does D-tier damage since half the strength/potency of the ability is being used to impose a supplementary effect of tripping and twisting the target.

I know this is a lot of information to take in, but I sincerely hope it serves you well. Bump this topic when your edits are complete.

Thank you all, for everything.

Ammon

Ammon
C-Tier
C-Tier

Fixed. Thank you for the clarifications.

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Please separate the thread for your abilities and your traits, I will grade your trait as soon as you make it in another thread.

Flesh Rend:
Requirements/Drawbacks - needs a physical movement that needs to be met in order to perform your ability. (ex. Your beast needs to leap on the person or dash towards the target first so you can bite them, etc).
Description - Put the damage dealt here, it should be D-tier damage

Body Check: Damage dealt will be D-tier, it wont depends on speed and weight
Cost - It should be 10

Rebuke:
Requirements/Drawbacks - needs to state a physical movement that needs to be met in order to perform your ability.
Scaling - I would recommend damage scaling for this
Cost - It should be 10
Cool down - Should be 1 post
Description - Choose one between push away or dodge, state that your beast could only defend against D-tier ability (cant be used defend against intangible attack) unless scaling is used. State as well what your beast will use to perform the defensive skill and how he will perform it.

Burrow: Cost - It should be 10

Snap and Twist:
Requirements/Drawbacks - needs to state a physical movement that needs to be met in order to perform your ability.
Type - Should be Offensive/Supplementary
Cool down - Should be 2 posts

Ammon Menefers Abilities/Traits  G5OZoqx

Ammon

Ammon
C-Tier
C-Tier

Fixed

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Approved but with a few edits. Please read the notes for each ability that was edited to help with future abilities:

Code:
[center][b]Flesh Rend[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] D
[b]Class:[/b] Beast Master
[b]Type:[/b] Offensive
[b]Range:[/b] Close (0m)
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Fangs and a unblocked mouth. Races forward to attach onto foe with mouth.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Damage
[b]Sustain:[/b] 0
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 1
[b]Cost:[/b] 10
[b]Description:[/b]
[list]
Orders a beast to latch on to prey with their fangs. Tearing at flesh as they thrash around. Does D-tier damage[/list]

Code:
[center][b]Body Check[/b][/center]
[b]Type:[/b] Offensive
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Must have stable footing. Must have a running start.
[list]
Orders the beast to slam their body into foe. Normally the shoulder or equivalent of will hit first with the rest of the body following. Damage dealt is D-Tier.[/list]
For the above ability I removed the requirement of the beast being a certain size. The ability as its written shouldn't really be affected by that.

Code:
[center][b]Rebuke[/b][/center]
[b]Type:[/b] Defensive
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] One paw must be raised off the ground slightly in preparation to swipe.
[list]
Orders the beast to push away attacks preventing damage. Uses paws to parry blows.Only works on D-tier moves.[/list]
Changed the above ability requirements to needing a single paw raised off the ground and ready to strike. Not being able to use offensive abilities in the same post doesn't make any sense as a requirement as nothing about the ability would physically prevent you from doing so.

Code:
[center][b]Burrow[/b][/center]
[b]Type:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] Medium (5m)
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b]  Requires claws meant for digging. Back is turned to foe.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Makes even more holes tripping up foes and slowing them.
[list]
Orders the beast to dig holes. These pot holes are meant to twist ankles and slow foes. It is not uncommon for them to be hit with dirt if they approach which does do anything but soil clothes.[/list]

Code:
[center][b]Snap and Twist[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] C
[b]Type:[/b] Offensive/Supplementary
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b]  Fangs and unblocked mouth. Needs to get in close and latch on to pull at foe.
[b]Scaling:[/b]  Damage
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 2
[b]Cost:[/b] 20
[list]
Orders the beast to grip an arm or leg. Then proceed to bite into and pull back behind foe. Twisting or tripping them. The initial attack is equal to Tier D.[/list]

Thank you all, for everything.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum