Farid Issah

Farid Issah
β-Tier
β-Tier

Job Name: The Capital Trade Route
Job Rank: B
Job Location: Reim
Job Rewards: 200 XP, 15,000 Huang
Job Overview: You've found work with Captain Harken, of the Shark's Fin. The real reason the Captain hired you was for your muscle, though he's willing to teach you a thing or two about the trade along the way. He explains that they could handle most riff-raff, however there was a new pirate's nest, and their leader was something to be feared...

Enemies:

Farid had sent word out to each of his future trading company employees. The exotic beauty from Imuchakk who was the triple threat in terms of raw power, smartassery and business, the gladiator from Reim, who had reminded him of his own youth who still hadn't been tainted by the cruelty of the world and finally a masked magician, innocent without direction but kind-spirited traveling with him and willing to take on the work, giving a faint resemblance to one of the tutors he had growing up.

Each one of these three had received a formal letter from Farid Issah on proper stationary, with a blank wax seal. The letters would read

Dear Friend,
    Next week, we shall be meeting at the third largest city of Reim, Tharros. The Portsmouth is the end of the major river running through the country. As such there is plenty of merchant work to be had. I have lined us up some work so you may have some experience in the field but also with each other.

We will be under the guide of Captain Harkel of the Shark's fine. He will have our full cooperation and respect.

Yours truly,
    Daddy.

The letter was very sincere and serious except for his signature. He couldn't keep the tone up for the whole time. Farid had gathered some supplies and had left a note for Zadi in his own journey book that he would be heading to the Portsmouth before leaving for Balbaad with his crew.

Then pulling out his other journey book and inscribing a message to Lilithia, his closest companions since he had traveled to Reim.
    Hey Lilith, I am at the ship with the black flag and a blue fin in the center.

Farid was standing above the crowds of people on his magical carpet, right in front of the flag he had just described. The halfling was peering through the crowds with a pair of binoculars to find his allies.

The captain was at the ships wheel, yelling at his own crew as he was still experiencing last minute delays with issues from cargo to ship maintenance.

Off ship, there was a dock along the sides of the river and a full-fledged port where the river met the ocean. There was a buzz of people. Adventurers, pirates, merchants, slaves, foreigners. The Portsmouth of reim was just about as diverse as it got in the world. The first row of ocean front property was all shops and stalls, where people sold their goods and services or people where performing and a bit further away from the sea was where the people lived.

WC:450/1500

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Whalefall: The Origin Story. [Farid/Lili/Cael/Jum] DWxhOIG

Lilithia Galavant

Lilithia Galavant
β-Tier
β-Tier

The blue haired woman rolled herself and leaned her stomach against the bed as she tried to shield her eyes from the piercing sunlight by burying her face on the pillow. She let out a soft grunt, knowing she needed to wake up and her eyes wouldn’t let her sleep again by keep opening up whenever she closed her eyes. “Nnngh…” Lilithia weakly rolled herself again until she was leaning on her back at the moment, she brought her hands to her eyes and rubbed them slowly before letting out a yawn. The moment she maneuvered her body to finally sit up on the bed, the Imuchakk would stretch her arms up and climbed down from the bed.

A familiar book was being placed on the small table near the bed and it made Lilithia gave her attention to it, curious if this book would really do the magic trick. They said since the books came in a pair, therefore anything that was written in one book would appear in the other book as well. It would be a really good communication device if it really worked and the blue haired woman grabbed the book to examine it once more. Curious if there would be anything written inside the book, Lili opened a page and tilted her head when she saw a writings inside the book. “So it was true…” She murmured to herself, surprised to see that it really worked.

Anyways, since she received the job calling from Farid, the man who she bought the book with, Lilithia decided to get ready as soon as she could. She would take a quick shower and then prepared all the things that she might need to bring with he, just in case. Right before she wanted to left the room, she decided to reply Farid’s message by writing a simple message in one of the book’s pages.

‘On my way.’

He didn’t tell her about what he wanted to do there, but Lilithia didn’t really give a thought for it and decided to just come and see what would happen there. Judging from the man’s behavior, probably it would be something bad. But oh well, the blue haired girl didn’t really care as she could get some kind of entertainment from the Fanalis.

WC:382/1500

Whalefall: The Origin Story. [Farid/Lili/Cael/Jum] MzH8gu

Jumanah Necowl

Jumanah Necowl
β-Tier
β-Tier

Jumanah was shook awake by the man she stayed with who handed her a letter. "I assume this is for you...." Jumanah yawned rubbing her eyes with her face being pointed right into the pillow she laid on. She grabbed her mask from the able beside her bed and put it on before pulling her face from the pillow. She tiredly took it and mumbled out a thank you to him being far too tired to give anything but a mumble. She opened the letter and started to read it. Tharros..?

Man that will take her a while to walk there... so she might as well start now. She figured as she started to get around as she kept reading. She paused seeing how it was signed and called out. "If a older man I met in the streets signed a letter to me as Daddy do i have to call him that when i report to work for him?" She asked casually before hearing a crash. "What work are you doing that would get some man in the street to make you call him daddy?!"

She blinked looking towards the room exit. "I dunno what you think I'm doing but its normal work.... but do i really have to call him that...?" She asked as he stuck his head out of the room he was in to look at her. "No! Don't call him that, that's just weird! Does he even know you have the mind of like an 8 year old?!" Jumanah then pouted. "Now you're jut being rude...." She said turning on her heel and went back to getting ready. "Well it's true!" He sighed.

"I swear.. put a girl in a coma when shes a child until she is a woman and she'll have the innocence of a child but the behavior of the woman her body is...." He said rubbing his temples with a grumble before going back into the room he was just in. A week later Jumanah looked around the city in aw as she wondered around but then froze and pulled out the letter re reading it. "He didn't say where we would meet...."

Her head dropped in defeat as she started to try and figure where he may be, the docks would be the most logical right? That was where the work was suppose to be.... But what if they were suppose to meet at an inn or something! She sighed letting her arms droop at her sides. She toughened up then standing up straight, she would just have to look rather than pout! Okay first step was the docks! .... Her head an arms dropped again then as the realization that she had no idea where those even where hit her.

She then tried to perk herself back up again as she ran around to random people trying to get directions as many of them shied away from her or just gave her a general direction which got her sorta somewhere. She eventually managed to make it to the docks before falling to her knees panting. "I made it..."

She then slowly got up looking around trying to spot Farid while trying to hide her entire scared feeling of being in another new place she knew nothing about or really was with anyone she knew yet as she really hoped to spot who she was looking for since she had no idea where to go next if he wasn't there. "Please be here..." She whispered to herself.

WC: 594/150

Caelus Valeria

Caelus Valeria
A-Tier
A-Tier

Caelus had originally planned to wake up early that morning to have time to prepare and get the last of his affairs in order. But after some prompting by Telleus (admittedly not much was needed) he had spent the night drinking with friends and strangers alike, all in a grand sendoff for his adventures to come. He didn't remember much about the night itself, other than the jagged feeling it now left in his skull, save for one conversation early on with Telleus.

"A toast to Caelus! May his time in the Colosseum be only the beginning of the bard's tales to come!" There were a few raised mugs, and no real cheers to be heard from the other patrons. "And the next round is on him!" THAT however received raucous applause, growing as loud as Caelus's wallet grew light. Much of their night after that was spent with food, booze, and stories. But was punctuated with one remarkably soulful and compassionate moment from Telleus, telling Caelus that he was going to miss him, and that he should try to keep himself safe. Caelus wouldn't have Telleus to keep him from getting into trouble after all. Caelus responded with something akin to "What are you, a woman?", which immediately started a fight. All in all, they ate, they drank, they fought, and they made their gods proud, going home in a stupor of head trauma and drunkenness.

It took Caelus a few moments to realize what time it was, but immediately he ran to the door with his backpack trailing behind him. He sprinted to the docks, carrying what little he had with him like Ripple and his armor and clothes. Upon arrival he searched for the tell tale black flag with the blue fin, spotting it at the same time as he did the giant standing on a carpet beside it. Caelus leapt aboard the boat from the dock in one bound, landing in a salute as he stared up at Farid. "Somebody told me your ordered a Gladiator?"

~WC: 348/1500~

Farid Issah

Farid Issah
β-Tier
β-Tier

The sun was beating down across the lands of Reim. The cloudless sky gave little shelter to all who were working at the docks, but it was still beautiful weather. Through his binoculars he had spotted Jumanah as well as Caelus. The girl seemed a bit lost, but Caelus went straight for him. "Ah great, I did. Do you know where I could find one?" His infectious laughter echoed throughout the area, but his cold heart was warmed by seeing the young Fanalis. He hopped from the carpet, landing beside Caelus, then lifting him up in a bear hug. "I've missed you, how have you been? Still training? Anyways, you'll have to tell me all about it after this job. I want you to meet the last member of our crew." Farid walked away from the ship, walking past some of the shiphands who were rolling barrels full of cargo onto the vessel. "Oh and don't take off her mask."

"JUM!" He roared loud enough that everyone in the area had turned towards him, which made it a bit easier as people were parting for him and Caelus. "Are you ready to work? Here meet Caelus. Caelus, this is Jumanah."

WC:650/1500

Lilithia Galavant

Lilithia Galavant
β-Tier
β-Tier

The dock was crowded as usual when Lilithia arrived there, lots of people were lifting wooden boxes and some were busy with their ships. She kind of liked this kind of scenery even though she was not sure why, perhaps the blue sky and the close smell of the sea boosted her mood. There was a lot of ships at the dock and the blue haired girl knew she needed to find one that Farid mentioned to her before, it was a ship with black flag and blue fin in the center. A soft sigh made its way out from her lips, finding that kind of ship here would be hard like trying to find a needle in the pile of straws.

Her blue eyes would be staring at the clear sky that bear the same color with her own orbs and she would notice something that was a little bit out of places when she wanted to start walking. The more she tried to see the strange object, the more steps towards it that Lilithia took. It was Farid who was sitting on a carpet, possibly a magic carpet because what else that could let him to just floating like that unless someone cast a magic on him. She would then start to run towards the ship, noticing the black flag and blue fin in the center of it, knowing she was heading to the right ship. But then she saw that he was hoping from the carpet and she quickened her running pace, feeling the excitement to sail on a ship and she couldn’t be more patient.

The moment she arrived at the ship, the female Imuchakk would start to look for the Fanalis man. There were two other familiar figures standing close to Farid, one of them made her form a smile on her face. It was unexpected to see her being there on the ship and Lili couldn’t be happier if turned out the girl was also being recruited by the Fanalis. “Good day.” She greeted as she walked closer to them, waving her hand and then beamed Jumanah with a bright smile before petting her hair carefully. “So you are here too? Are you going to join us for today?”

WC: 757/1500

Jumanah Necowl

Jumanah Necowl
β-Tier
β-Tier

Jumanah blinked hearing her name being called out. She looked up and smiled under her mask when she saw the man sh was to meet making his way over to her. She managed to make it to the destination, and her gut choice was correct too about the docks. She scurried over and met him half way nodding. "Yes sir I am, just let me know what you need me to do." She then noticed the guy by him and gave a small wave. "Hello" She said in a respectful tone.

Jumanah perked up hearing a familiar voice and looked to it to see the woman who she had spend a lot of her time since waking up with. It was funny how they tended to meet up together unplanned so often but she liked it that way. "Lilithia!" She said clearly excited and happy to see her as she waved back to her. Jumanah smiled brightly and blushed lightly as she was pet nodding.

"Yeah! That man over there invited me to work with him and soon travel to balbadd with him, which is actually where i was planning on going soon so I'll be working with him much more. What about you?" She asked clearly hoping the woman was spending more than just a day with the group.

WC: 815/1500

Caelus Valeria

Caelus Valeria
A-Tier
A-Tier

Caelus' feet left the deck of the ship as Farid hoisted into a big hug. "*cough* It's good to see you too, Farid. Would you mind putting me down? *cough*" As he returned to earth he took a big gulp of air. He had to remember that Farid was even stronger than he already looked. Looking up he saw who Farid was yelling to, a girl wearing a mask of some simple design, just waiting on the docks. He followed Farid over to the girl, Jumanah, and said hello. And again to Lilithia as she showed up from around the corner. Caelus couldn't help being curious about Jumanah's mask, but at Farid's direction, he didn't ask. She seemed young and eager, and just a touch naive. They all were fun loving individuals, and Caelus' opinion of the coming voyage continued to grow.

"So, with all this muscle we should have a pretty easy time getting to Balbadd, right? I can't imagine anyone trying to mess with us now." It sounded pretty cocky, but Caelus was really feeling that it was true. He had seen Farid and Lilithia fight, taking down men of equal size with no weapons of their own, and beating them senseless. They fought effortlessly. "There's supposed to be pirates roaming these waters, but they don't stand a chance." He smiled wide. To him there was nothing that could stop them.

After a moment he looked to Farid again. "So, what do we need to do? I'd imagine there's quite a bit of work to be done before we set sail. Where do you need me, and what should i do?" Caelus said, anxious to get under way. He was filled with excitement for the coming adventure, and wanted to get started.

~WC: 301, 649/1500~

Farid Issah

Farid Issah
β-Tier
β-Tier

Farid had felt like he had a small slice of what a family should feel like. His Grinch heart grew three sizes. "You two better get along better than that or else. We are a crew, it might not seem like much to you but in a way that's family. At least to me, it is. I don't know my mother and my father disappeared recently, and I am ashamed of my brothers and sisters." He paused, his every word full of passion, from longing for his parents to disgust and loathing when speaking of siblings.

"That's true, but we got a pass on this job. It pays well, but we are only muscle. So everyone please take your time to learn what you can from the happenings on the ship, from the crews work, to the tricks of the trade and the breezes on the ocean." He turned back to Jumanah, "This goes doubly for you. Jum, I have a few jobs for you. First, you cannot get injured. If you do, you are done. I am not risking a girls life, which will endanger the rest of the crew. But also, you will be managing a lot of things when I cannot. Such as the crew, operations, business and whatever else I say."

"Cae'", he pulled his hammer from Ronove out and extended the head out towards his student. "We are hired as muscle... But I am saying you are in charge of that today. You may borrow my mallet. You must at least take on the biggest threat we face today if it comes to that. Consider it training. If we are severely outnumbered, Lilithia and I will help you out. "

At last, his gaze was cast on Lilithia. "To think, I have actually missed you. We have a lot to talk about" As he emphasized the pair of words, he would pretend to lift a bountiful bosom as if it were his own. Despite the humor, he had intended to speak to Lilithia about what sort of role she would like to take part in the days to come. He could come up with a few jobs for her if she was willing.

After he was assured everyone knew their jobs, he lead everyone back to the vessel, where they would meet the captain of the ship. As they passed,the crew members would bow and move around them, showing a certain amount of respect, but unable to avoid glancing at the two women. "Crew, this is Captain Harken, our employer for this mission"

"Aye, Lil' Mateys. This voyage is merely up the coast to transport some 'shine. We be hearin' that other vessel be getting' takin', booty and crew alike. The Reim officers had been dealing wit 'em for a minute, but they keep coming' back like scurvy. This last pirate.... The captain's killed some good men from what I know. If we get caught on the seas, please. Slay the bloke where he stands." He bowed to everyone. "Also, as I understand, this man plans to train ye. Besides payment, you are welcome to observe the crew and the ship wherever ye please. Any questions, feel free as birds. Now if y'all'd excuse me, I got some 'shine to drink."

WC: 1202

Lilithia Galavant

Lilithia Galavant
β-Tier
β-Tier

“Ahh~ Do you mean Farid? Good for you.” Lilithia chuckled happily before giving the younger girl more pet on her head. She would touch Jumanah’s mask playfully, but she had no intention to take it off from her face because she had her own reason. “I will be joining Farid as well, work with him and yes, also travel to Balbadd. Looks like we are going to spend more time together in a merrier group, eh?” The blue haired woman said as she greeted the younger Fanalis back, amused to see how excited he was to be in a strong group. However, were they really as strong as they believed…? Lilithia didn’t want to be naïve but she would just let the youngins enjoyed being in their care.

The woman raised an eyebrow when Farid humorously pretend to lift an imaginary bosom; then she would approach him and grope his chest. “I missed them though,” she said jokingly before patting the Fanalis’ shoulder. “Oh? What do you want to talk about? We can talk later though if you want, there must be something that you want us to do in this ship today.” The blue haired woman winked towards the Fanalis and let him decide on what to do.

Captain Harken looked like a man who already had a lot of experience on the sea. It was not that the Imuchakk knew much about sailing, but they said her race was once some kind of a pirate and that made her interested to know more about the ocean stuff. But she liked how he spoke; such confidence was not something that someone could easily possess.

Caelus and Jumanah would be enough to defeat those pirates, so Lilithia would take it easy for today. She would still give a hand if needed, but both of those youngins needed to learn more about fighting, especially Jumanah who was a magician. The blue haired woman would observe Caelus and Jumanah when the time for them to fight had come, perhaps she wouldn’t even get the chance to be in the action though.

WC: 1106/1500

Jumanah Necowl

Jumanah Necowl
β-Tier
β-Tier

Jumanah jumped at farids threat about them getting along. Did she sound rude by being so timid? She didn't mean to be if she did she as just well a bit shy sometimes when meeting new people is all. He then said that they were... like a.... family... She held her eyes shut as flashes from that day the felt not so long ago came to her. Nothing was going to happen to them... she assured herself not wanting to let herself belive of the possible dangers her new 'family' would encounter.

She then felt the petting from lilithia making her perk up a bit as she nodded to her question. "Yeah Farid." She tried to stop herself from pulling her head away as lillithia touched it since she knew she wouldn't take it off and for the most part she managed to do so. Her mask mostly feel smooth though on the forehead and the nose it felt a bit dinged and scuffed up like she had fell a few times on it.

Which she did but she was totally getting better at not falling on her face when the mask was on. Though that was mostly due to her learning to not wear her mask to bed and to verify that her blankets weren't wrapped around her before trying to jump out of bed. Though she wouldn't admit this but she still tended to fall out of bed on her face still in the mornings, she just mostly now remembered not to have her mask on when she did so to keep it in better condition.

Lilithia then told her has she would be joining them here and even to balbadd! This was going to be great, her friend was going to be traveling with her now! She nodded excitedly as she bounced a bit. "Yeah! I'm really glad you'll be joining us!" She then listened to Caelus speak he seemed nice and very confident over their skills as a group. She knew how well Lilithia could fight so maybe Farid was just as strong along with Caelus since he seemed so confident in their fighting skills as a group.

Though she didn't believe that no one would try to attack them but she as fairly confident that they would fail in their attack since it was all of them vs... some random group. She couldn't manage to think of anyone who could be stronger than lilitha after seeing what she could do so thy would all be safe then since thy had someone so strong on their side right? Caelus then brought up what they needed to do now so Jumanah made sure to focus her attention at the task at hand then to make sure that she understood farids orders the moment he would tell the group them.

She refocused then as he asked them to take what they could and learn from it from this job. He then focused on her saying that it went double for her. Was she that far behind everyone else in skill....? She wouldnt be to surprised if she was to be honest. She couldn't get hurt? She wasn't planning on that but that would be a bit tough, is he really planning on kicking her out of the group if she couldn't possibly beat someone without getting hurt? That would be hard to do while still trying to do the job as the muscle.

She would be also managing the crew, operations, and business? She didnt really know how to handle any of that. Was he thinking that she made up for her lack of strength for her smarts and leadership? If so he was rather wrong... she was so weak mostly because she way laying around unmoving for the past 10 years.... not because she was working on her book smarts... and before then she wasnt too focused on her book smarts either.... she was a kid at the time and she hadnt wanted to waste the small time she knew she had as a kid just trying to work on her smarts or fighting skills since her tribe had been so peaceful at the time.

She was quite a bit worried now... what if she failed...? What if she got kicked out of the group due to how poorly she preformed in tasks she didn't really know how to do? What if she would be forced to watch her new 'family' and possible friends leave her because she messed up... again.... She tensed up a bit, she wouldn't let that happen, she would just have to try her best to come up with ways to work around her short comings! That whey she wouldn't fail! Right...?

If it wasn't she would just have to pretend that it was! If she just gave up so soon she would fail instantly! After a long while of what would have seemed like her just string off quietly due to her mask hiding all of the sad and scared looks she had previously she gave a confident and determined nod with a voice to match. "Understood sir!" She then followed him and the others up to the ship as she looked around curiously, she had never seen a ship so bit this up close before.... it was so cool!

She gave a timid wave though as the people who worked on the ship bowed and moved around them though they eyed her and lilithia. When they were introduced to the captain, their employer, she bowed to him trying to show him respect. She listened to hat he had to say and her eyes went a bit wide as he said to slay the man... did he mean... kill...? He wanted them to.. kill someone....?

Another flash of that day came back from before for a moment before she tried to push it away as she looked up at fraid trying to sound calm. "Will we... have to kill anyone while on this mission....?" She really hoped he would say no... she didn't think that shed be able to do such a thing.

WC: 1851/1500))

Caelus Valeria

Caelus Valeria
A-Tier
A-Tier

Caelus was feeling pretty good about this job, and while Farid's insistance that Caelus take on the strongest opponent came as a surprise (he had assumed Farid would want that honor) he was ready for the challenge. "I won't let you down. And this will be a great opportunity to build some teamwork with Jumanah." He grinned wide and nodded to Jumanah. Farid further surprised him with the offer of his mallet, the shiny new hammer he had bought for himself. "Wow, Farid, i'm thankful that you would offer but i've never used a hammer in a fight before. I mean, a smaller one yes, but not a full sized war-hammer. I'll be fine with Ripple. I wouldn't want to fight these pirates at anything but my best anyway." If Farid insisted, or claimed it was for training, he'd accept it. But what he said before was true, he was next to useless with anything but a blade. He'd swung an opponents small hammer before with some success in a Colosseum fight once, but a large hammer like Farid's was completely foreign.

He took some time after that to learn his way around the vessel, and help the crew with any cargo they hadn't already loaded onto the ship. After that he began speaking to a crew member that he found particularly interesting, an old sea dog named Atticus who'd been sailing for even longer than their captain. He was the Boatswain, in charge of the crew and keeping the ship clean while the Captain piloted. And while he hobbled when he walked, and took frequent breaks traversing the ship, he still held sway over the crew through experience and demeanor. The captain was still in charge, but he let Atticus handle the chores.

Atticus began telling Caelus about how to maneuver on the ship. How to read the waves so as to get where you needed to go as quickly as you could. It was all spoken word, but Caelus would have time to practice once they actually got underway. Climbing the rigging proved much more difficult. The rocking of the boat combined with the swinging ropes nearly threw Caelus into the sea more than once. A monkey I am not... he thought to himself, sitting down to calm his stomach a bit. He chewed a piece of ginger, something the crewmen all swore was the best thing for seasickness. He didn't have it very badly, but then again, they weren't yet under way. He shoved the rest of the root into his mouth. This may not be a great trip...

~WC: 440, 1089/1500~

Farid Issah

Farid Issah
β-Tier
β-Tier

OOC: I love the internal dialouge, Jum. :D I'm curious to see more of your reactions. And great work Caelus, I really like that you went ahead, creating the boatswain to learn more about handling the ship. :D

Farid gave a quick look to Lilithia with a smile on his face as she played along with him, "We'll talk once we've gotten on the move." Dismissing the Imuchakk to whatever she desired for the time being, perhaps to get familiar with the ship. He would retract the large hammer and let it rest on a weapon rack aboard the ship, half empty, but also had a makeshift harpoon, spear and a net; all tools necessary for the fisherman life.

It was pleasant to see that Lilithia and Jumanah had already known each other. It made the whole situation flow that much smoother. He himself was lacking in his relationship with Jumanah, but he had the time and the confidence that it would establish itself naturally. He was now simply a bit concerned that Caelus might need just a bit coaxing in that direction, but things seemed well enough.

"Aye, it's a request from me to the lot of you." Harken spoke for a bit to Jumanah. "These pirates aren't good, they are ruthless. Sometimes, they'll kill the crew or capture them and sell them as slaves or enlist them as their own. I've lost some good men. It may just be mostly alcohol, but the men here don't get paid if the goods don't arrive. That's their lively hood." He shook his head and pinched the bridge of his nose to relieve some pain. "As long as we don't lost any men or any of our merch, it's fine. BUT those men don't deserve your compassion, not many have theirs."

Farid would dismiss them, to just observe and be willing to give a hand to the crew. Their main mission was to protect the merchants and the merchandise. But his eyes were on Caelus and Jumanah, observing how they managed on the ship.

Caelus was quick to take up his role, speaking with a shipswain. Farid left to go look for Jumanah, but instead he finally met up with Lilithia again. "Ah, this is good." Farid placed a hand at her hip, walking beside her as she guided her to the stern(rear) of the ship. "It's been a while, has everything been well with you?" Farid would catch up with Lilithia for a bit, making small talk and inquiring about her last few days and her feelings for the future.

He was leaning against the rail of the ship and pulled Lilithia close to him. "You are going to be responsible for Jum and Cael, and whoever else we hire that are more than just shiphands. Can you handle that for me?"

During his conversation with Lilithia, it was finally time to go to work. A pair of smaller vessels were gaining ground, able to catch up by finally using grappling hooks to catch up. A bell paired with some vocal scouts were alerting the entire ship of what would transpire

WC:1500+/1500

Enemies:

Lilithia Galavant

Lilithia Galavant
β-Tier
β-Tier

Lilithia chuckled and then walked away from the older Fanalis before leaning herself against the ship’s railing, crossing her arms together and put them on the railing. “Hmmm…” She let the wind combing her hair with its unseen fingers and felt how it caressing her cheeks. She always liked it, the smell of the ocean… the sky… the blue colored sea… the melody from the seagulls… it brought up a very pleasant feeling. Perhaps it was because the Imuchakk gene in her blood, they used to be a pirate before and they liked to challenge the nature of the sea before they settled in the Tundra. Maybe choosing to go with Farid for a while was not a bad decision after all.

As the captain spoke to Jumanah about her doubt, Lilithia listened tentatively, absorbing his words to her head so she could process it. What he said was not wrong, however for some people, it was not right as well. It would be depending on how people interpret justice… Jumanah was innocent and pure, she could fight but so far she never saw her ending a life. The blue haired woman looked at her palms; she knew she was not pure. She was taught to hunt in her younger days, killing was a must if she wanted to eat or live. Tundra was not an easy place, everything was based on someone’s survival skill and she knew that she needed to hunt or she will be hunted. Lilithia smiled as she thought that she was not as pure as the younger girl, but perhaps knowing someone who was that pure could make her as a better person despite of the countless life that she had been taking.

“I think so, nothing much happened though.” Lilithia let Farid guided her to the stern of the ship and the moment she leaned against the railing, the man suddenly pulled her close to him. She was sure that it was kind of annoying, but she decided to let him speak. What he said made her tilted her head and she would send him a sharp glare, obviously annoyed. “So I am going to be the babysitter? Wouldn’t you fit the role better than me since you are the ‘captain’?” She leaned closer to the man and put her hand on his shoulder before putting pressure there although it was not enough to crush his bone because she didn’t put much strength there. However, he would be able to feel her tight grip on his shoulder but when she heard the sound of the bell, she pulled away her hand and turned her back.

“Ahh… finally…” She said as she saw a group of men that she didn’t recognize, she could tell that they meant harm for this ship though based from their expression. But instead of confronting them, Lilitihia decided to lean her back against the railing again and said, “I want to test Caelus and Jumanah… Would you let them fight on their own at the moment?” If Farid agreed with it, then the blue haired woman would bring herself to sit on the railing and watched the battle.

WC: 1500+/1500

Jumanah Necowl

Jumanah Necowl
β-Tier
β-Tier

((OOC: thanks man glad you enjoyed it))

Jumanah nodded at Caelus' statement in determination to say that she would do the same with him." She then noticed him nod to her and gave a nod back. As the captain turned back to her to reply to her question only to confirm it she felt her heart drop a bit and the heat from her body drain away like the water from a hole filled cup. They were not good... she envisioned the raiders in her camp.

They were ruthless... She remembered then one of the raiders punching her brother square in the face. They even killed some times... She felt tingles of fear all over her body as she then remembered the raiders slaughtering many people of her tribe right in front of her eyes making her eyes under her mask tear up and her hands slightly tremble. She listened to what all he had to say about them more and wondered what the raiders would have done to her people if they hadn't killed them all... would they be slaves today...?

Would... would she have woken up into slavery...? Would she have never woken up due to them thinking she was dead and her body died from not being tended to....? The thoughts terrified her, and then the man brought up how they didn't deserve her compassion but.... she didn't want to kill them due to compassion.... she just didn't want to kill them in fear to what would happen to her after she would do so.... no one would be mad but... would they haunt her in her dreams...? Would she fall down the path they did to get to where they were....?

She closed her eyes as a tear rolled down her cheek and rested on the inner lip of the chin half of her mask out of the fear of all of these thoughts but.. to everyone else who didn't notice her trembling hands would just see her as silently listening to what the man had to say calmly and intently. She refocused though and tried to pull herself together as faird dismissed them. She then after watching the captain leave watched at Cealus then left to check out the rest of the ship.

She started to walk off and pretended to watch what everyone was doing but she was still stuck in the endless loops that played in her memory of the day the raiders came to her tribe... and how the same event may happen once again today if she failed to fight... Jumanah jumped a bit as she heard the bell ring and saw the men come aboard. She was trembling horribly but after a few moments she made herself pull out her staff to fight and ran over to the 2 smaller men. She pulled out her staff and got into a shaky fighting stance making the men laugh at her.

"Look at 'er, she's not only tinny and scronny but I can even see 'er shakin from over 'ere" She clenched her teeth and run at them. She rose her staff to swing down at one of them but she was grabbed by the other and put into a bear hug hold. The other then swung at her face as she turned her head away. Though in that moment her brain once again sent her back to that day. A much younger child version of jumanah ran home as raiders ran around attack and killing everyone even children.

She picked up a rock on the way as she narrowed her sites on 2 raiders that were about to attack her brother and skid to a stop between them as she begged them to leave him alone but was picked up by one raider who then held her still while she struggled letting the other beat her. As she was near passing out from all the hitting she saw her father rush over and deck the one that held her. Though the raider accidentally dropped her down a hill. She felt like time slowed at the moment as she reached out to her father half conscious as he reached out to her but failed to grab her.

She fell into the hill's side and hit her head hard as she bounced off like a rubber ball and fell again and again each time hitting her head though as she neared the bottom everything went black for her. As that happened she came back to reality just in time for the man to miss her face due to her turning but he punched off her mask. He then pulled back for another swing but she then clenched her staff, she wasn't going to go back to sleep like that ever again, she wasn't going to let her new family be hurt because she couldn't fight!

She then shouted out "YOU CAN'T HURT US EVER AGAIN!" And as she  shouted she let out her Buzz spell making the one who was about to swing stumble back as a loud buzzing sound came from her staff. Tears had stained her cheeks but a look of fire from her eyes burned brightly still as she then chanted out. "May the rukh carry my staffs shout, and gift my target with pain!" Letting off her Ear Pound spell making the two shout in pain and the one who held her drop her to the ground.

She grabbed her mask as she fell and ran a bit off to make more distance as she held her mask tightly with one hand and aimed her staff at them with the other. She narrowed her eyes as the two tried to recuperate from what they had just been hit with. Her expression the turned a bit cold as an orb began to form at the end of her staff and slowly as she saw the two as the raiders who had attacked from so long ago as she casted Sound Breaker.

She then fired off the orb that then flew over to one and hit him square in the chest. The orb exploded then with a loud screech and hit the one with c teir damage and if the other didn't move it would hit him with the same. Everything in the orbs path though would be torn up. She lowered her staff after words and seemed to finally focus before realizing what she just did and looked a bit scared since she had no idea if she had just killed the man or not. she held her staff a bit closer then as she put her mask back on and held it a bit tightly before backing up a bit and clenched her staff with both hands then.

1500+/1500 Words))

180/200 Magoi
Spells Used:

Caelus Valeria

Caelus Valeria
A-Tier
A-Tier

Caelus walked around the deck of the ship, learning how the sea rolled under his feet as they sailed along the coast.  It took a bit longer than he thought it would, but after a good hour he had a comfortable stride and had stopped tripping over nothing.  It was his job to protect the ship from the leader of the area's pirates and while that was on his mind, Caelus was more excited than focused.  A strong enemy not bound by the rules of the Colosseum.  It was thrilling, but he had to keep reminding himself that it wasn't about the fight.  He was hired to keep others safe, not to fight.  That meant that if he could end the conflict without a fight, he should.  "Tch.  Where's the fun in that?"  He said to himself.  "Not like a pirate's going to take no for an answer anyway."

When the bell rang, it shook Caelus out of his head.  The call went out, and before they knew it the pirate's vessel was beside their own.  It was smaller and flew a black flag, crossbones behind a profiled skull.  The ship sped over the water as if it wasn't even touching it, and a man threw a hook over to catch their hull.  Three men boarded, and two of them went directly for Jumanah.  Caelus remembered Farid's words about their tasks.  He was supposed to fight whoever he thought was the strongest, and Jum was supposed to fight without getting herself hurt.  Caelus sprinted over the deck to cut off the third man's entrance, noting the signature eyepatch and magic tool he sported.  Drawing Ripple, Caelus took up a defensive position and got ready for One-Eye to make his move.

One-Eye drew his magic tool and pointed it at Caelus.  "Boy, i don't have time to be playing with ye' now.  Step aside 'fer i shoot you full of holes.  I'd rather not harm a child.  It's bad for the conscience..."  He said the last line with a feigned morality before chuckling to himself.  But the smile quickly left his face as he shouted, "NOW MOVE!"

A shot rang out as One-Eye fired his magic tool's Rustic Shot.  A ball of fire streaked towards Caelus at high speed, giving him barely enough time to dash left to avoid it, but not without the fire scorching his arm.  Pain screamed in his ears.  Caelus had never been burned before, the searing sensation crawling over his skin like thousands of spiders.  Eyes wide, Caelus turned to notice that the shot had passed over the ship without hurting anyone else.  A lucky break.  He would have to fight with extra effort to keep in mind where his opponent was aiming in addition to keeping himself safe.  If One-Eye aimed for a vulnerable part of the ship or another sailor, Caelus would have to either find a way to deflect the hit, or take it.  Thankfully, Caelus had thought ahead.  He rubbed an orb that hung loosely from his waist, Life Aura, activating its magic to allow him to perceive life as a purple glow.  With this, he could keep easy track of  the position of both One-Eye and the crew without putting anyone in unnecessary danger.

Caelus fell into his Mirror's Edge stance before rushing in close with a strong Brave Engage.  The first swipe was partially deflected by the pirate's Trusty Blade, but Mirror Edge's followup took One-Eye completely by surprise, scoring a neat cut across his stomach.  One-Eye roared and pushed forward, his Trusty Blade swinging over then across and sending Caelus spinning into the deck, Caelus able to negate some of the damage with Sideswipe but not all.  The pirate pushed his advantage again, firing off a shot of his magic tool into the deck, Caelus rolling aside just in time.

Springing up, the two traded blows.  One-Eye was better with a blade than he let on, able to parry each of Caelus' strikes as they came at him.  Mirror's Edge was keeping him on his toes however, the followup strike nicking loose cloth and scraping skin but only managing to land a single solid hit.  One-Eye yelled again, this time kicking Caelus square in the stomach and sending him flying.back a few meters, following up immediately with another Rustic Shot.  Life Aura flared, warning Caelus of the crewman behind him even as the fireball streaked forward.  It took all of his strength to set his foot and swing down with Vicious Cross, dissipating the flame with a burst of air pressure.  The fire turned to smoke, masking Caelus' advance with Mirror's Gambit.  This time One-Eye visibly panicked, his one good eye trying desperately to discern which way the blow was coming from.  The blow landed squarely, puncturing One-Eye's chest with a *shlick*.  He went rigid, before falling to the deck, blood pouring from the fatal wound.

Life Aura flared one last time, letting Caelus know that there were no other enemies unaccounted for before he fell backwards onto the deck, utterly exhausted.  The purple light faded from his eyes, and Ripple fell from his grasp and rolled onto the deck.  A smile began to form on his face as he breathed heavily, the warrior's high numbing his pain and dulling the fatigue.  He pulled himself up to the side of the ship before resting his back on the walls.  He chuckled.  If Farid was watching, he hoped he gave him a good show.

Combat Breakdown:
Items Used:
Abilities Used:

Magoi: 90/110
Stamina: 60/190

~WC: 932, 2021/1500~

Lilithia Galavant

Lilithia Galavant
β-Tier
β-Tier

Lilihia stood quietly and watched how the young ones fight the pirates, observing their movement and their own judgement to fight before assessing their capabilities. Both managed to defeat their own enemies by displaying a nice set of skills and battling skill, just enough for the Imuchakk to acknowledge them. Jumanah was triggered, her emotional problem should the be cause but it didn't let her to lose control of her own strength as she managed to defeat two lackeys without actually destroying something that was on her way. As expected for someone that the Imuchakk approved, not only she got a nice attitude, she also was helpful.

Meanwhile the halfling proved that he was capable by defeating a stronger enemy, showing his fine set of skill and the ability to perform such strong blows in the short time. She wouldn't expect less from this Fanalis halfling but Lilithia took a mental note about Caelus' stamina. He managed to deliver strong attacks but it affected his stamina quickly, making his body couldn't take the fatigue. It would need to be trained more so he could be a front line fighter... if needed.

She didn't know about Farid but for now, both Jumanah and Caelus could fight on their own and that was just enough for her. Next time probably all of them needed to fight together to see if they could fight as a group. However for now, she would let both the younger ones to rest and let Farid decided what they would need to do after this. Captain Harken was pretty impressed as well and was more than happy to reward them with a big bag of coin, enough to be split among four of them. "You guys fought well." Lilithia said.

WC: 1500+/1500

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum