Last edited by BreakFree! on 09/07/16, 09:28 am; edited 4 times in total

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

These are some great starting abilities!  Very Happy

With a bit of editing, I believe they shall serve you well~

Quickdraw:
Scaling - This should just say Damage and in that case, you could scale the damage up to A-tier.

As for using stamina to increase the speed and skill of the attack, that won't be allowed. However, if you add a 1 post charge time into the requirements, the description could still contain wording on the emphasis this ability has on speed and accuracy.

The above won't let you out speed a similar ability that was A-tier. But it will let you leverage a speed focus in clashes against similarly tiered abilities.

Cost - This should read 20 or could even be left blank for now. The section exists so you can easily keep track of how much was spent each post when you include your abilities used in spoilers. The additional cost of your scaling benefits is only added if you want to spend points on it. Scaling perks are options, not passive buffs.

Move!:
Range - Lower the ability to short range.

Requirements - Needing a set destination AND being in a running pose are VERY restricting when you think about it. To be honest, the only thing this ability should really require is that you have solid footing to kick off of.

Scaling - This ability won't be allowed speed scaling, however I would recommend an amount scaling instead and to change the wording of your ability to be leaps rather than a sprint. This would greatly increase the versatility and uses the ability will have.

Description - Lower the distance traveled from 5m to 3m. You might also want to change the overall wording with my above suggestion made.

Reading:

Requirements - I think a more realistic limitation here is that you get tunnel visioned onto your targets. Basically, you give up being able to react to other things in order to be able to react to almost anything from this one target.

Scaling - Trust me, you want amount scaling on this. Never put N/A for scaling because that cripples the versatility your ability would have otherwise had. With amount scaling, you can spend a bit more stamina to focus on multiple targets at once with this ability.

Sustain - Not sure why you put a 3 here. Should be 0 unless you've already sustained the ability in  the threads you'll posting in.

Description - Assuming you made the above edits, we're gonna give this ability a nice power up in the description. With the above limitations, this ability would now be allowed to track movements of those faster than your character. It won't make you as fast as them of course, but due to the tunnel vision it will ensure that you are able to react to their attacks. A very useful skill to have against fanalis and other swift opponents such as beasts.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Thank you all, for everything.

BreakFree!

BreakFree!
D-Tier
D-Tier

Alright I...Think I edited it right. Added another move too

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Move!:

Scaling - If you just put "Amount" here then it will go by the default amount scaling listed in the ability systems which doubles the number leaps you could do for every 10 magoi. I recommend switching it because otherwise you are needlessly nerfing yourself.

Try to avoid custom scaling methods unless you really need a unique scaling for your ability. The base few standards we have should be able to cover the functional needs of most abilities.

Reading:

Range - Still need to change this to short range

Requirements - All you need here is "Abel becomes tunnel visioned onto his target/targets and is unable to focus on other threats while this ability is active."

Scaling - Once again, just put "Amount" as the value then doubles with each additional 10 rather than only increasing by one.

Description - This sentence is now contradictory. So please remove it "However, should the enemy be faster than him this skill is basically nil since his eyes will not be able to keep track of them as easily."

Quickdraw Grunt:

Description - Just drop this sentence, "Because of the damage scaling it possesses however, this move is capable of B Tier Damage." Since you now know that scaling will go up to A-tier, it should be clear that this sentence isn't needed.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Thank you all, for everything.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum