Forum Changes: Questions?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Forum Changes: Questions? Empty Forum Changes: Questions? 14/04/16, 05:44 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

I've gotten a number of questions since I've announced that I plan on making changes upon donning the adminship here. On both Skype and through PMs. Much of the changes I have in mind are ideas that are in constant flux. Nothing is going to be changed on day 1 as I intend to discuss, plan, and develop everything alongside the rest of staff to ensure my madness has some checks and balances on it. That being said, many of you seem to be concerned about these changes and what they mean for you and your characters.

I won't be spilling all my secrets here, but if you have questions regarding the upcoming changes and how they might affect you, ask them here. I think it'll help to have a public thread that people can reference so I won't need to repeat myself as much as I have been recently.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Should I even bother to train/buy/do ____ ? Will the changes render it a waste of time?

A: Players will be compensated for any and all losses that occur as a result of the changes. If you feel your spec no longer works for you, you will be able to change to another spec at the same tier with no training required. Don't like your race anymore? You will be allowed to change it. Don't like your abilities anymore? You can redo them as well.

In fact, all players approved before the changes will be given the opportunity to "re-spec" their characters if they so wish. This will allow you to even go so far as to make an entirely new character with the same rank/exp/huang/items/etc as your old one. Items not wanted due to clashing with the new character will be reimbursed as huang and either returned to the shop or sent to the archives.

Q: Are specializations going to change?

A: Yes, all the specs are going to change in some form or another. Some will be getting bigger updates than others but none will escape the wave of edits coming. Some of these changes will be nerfs/buffs for balance reasons. Some will be done in order to mix up the dynamic of how the spec works. Some will be done to provide a more "canon" Magi experience. These changes in particular will be getting a lot of scrutiny and oversight by every member of the staff team in order to ensure they are reasonable and that none of the specs become useless as a result of the changes.

Q: Are you going to fire staff members?

A: No, I won't be kicking anyone off the staff team. On the contrary, I'll be recruiting for new staff members to help out. These new staff members will be expected to assist in refining all the changes as well as rolling them out. However, general staff duties and expectations will be getting an overhaul too. In addition, new staff positions with more focused goals and expectations will be added.

As a result you can expect to see some staff members no longer doing certain types of approvals or otherwise changing their duties. Instead, you might see them running new types of events, new system functions, or other things such as being in charge of advertisements and community engagement(OOC threads, C-box stuff, etc.)

Q: Can we have a randomized prize thing? Please? Can we?

A: You wouldn't believe how many people have asked me this. By popular demand, yes, we will implement something like this. That being said, it's low on my priority list so please be patient. I'd rather get most of the big changes done and see how they settle into place before handling the upkeep and management of any sort of lottery/roulette/slots/etc prize system.

For you gambling addicts out there, just go to balbadd and use the slots there in the meantime. Cool

Last edited by Yakuroro on 01/05/16, 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Thank you all, for everything.

2Forum Changes: Questions? Empty Re: Forum Changes: Questions? 14/04/16, 05:48 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

If you have questions not answered in the FAQ above, please ask them here~ If you had the same question in mind as someone else, but they already posted, please post here anyways stating that you also had the same question and that you would like to sponsor it. Any question with at least three "sponsors"(which will include the original poster who asked it) will be added to the FAQ in the first post.

3Forum Changes: Questions? Empty Re: Forum Changes: Questions? 15/04/16, 09:33 pm

Diligence

Diligence
A-Tier
A-Tier

Since the Specs. are going to be changed in some way, Is there going to be a change to the amount of beasts a dominance user can have? Also will there be any new systems that affect the site overall?

Character Vault

Forum Changes: Questions? Bbc1e310

Spoiler:

4Forum Changes: Questions? Empty Re: Forum Changes: Questions? 15/04/16, 10:51 pm

Jason Achilles

Jason Achilles
β-Tier
β-Tier

I would like to ask a question about intel specs. Will there be a Magoi Shot Spell, just like in the canon series? Also, will you be adding new specs when u are talking about changes or u just are just changing bits and pieces?

5Forum Changes: Questions? Empty Re: Forum Changes: Questions? 16/04/16, 12:54 am

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Sloth wrote:Since the Specs. are going to be changed in some way, Is there going to be a change to the amount of beasts a dominance user can have? Also will there be any new systems that affect the site overall?

As mentioned above, the edits made to specs won't be finalized until the rest of staff gives input. So this answer may change between now and the actual updates.

That being said, I am currently considering removing the limits on how many bests a dom user can register and instead focus on new limits for how many they can bring into any given thread. Naturally all other specs would be getting similar treatment in being allowed to hoard more weapons and items in their vaults than they can carry into a thread. It would be a lot like how weapons for other specs currently work.

As for those limits in the specific case of dominance, I'd like for it to be based on the tier of the beasts giving players more freedom of choice to have either one really strong beast or lots of weaker ones. The exact details have yet to be worked out, but that is the direction I'm personally leaning towards prior to any internal staff discussions.

In regards to systems that affect the site overall, I'm contemplating a proper rukh system that gives meaning and function to having white or black rukh. But aside from that addition, the biggest changes will come in the combat system. Expect everything you knew about how abilities work to get an overhaul.

Val Achilles wrote:I would like to ask a question about intel specs. Will there be a Magoi Shot Spell, just like in the canon series? Also, will you be adding new specs when u are talking about changes or u just are just changing bits and pieces?

Yes, pure magoi magic is the foundation of magic. However it is generally weaker than using the rukh to produce the various magic types so I was thinking such spells would be limited to D-tier with few exceptions.

As for adding new specs, current I am unable to think of any new specs that would benefit the forum dynamic. Currently I'm focusing my efforts on refining the specs we already have.

6Forum Changes: Questions? Empty Re: Forum Changes: Questions? 18/04/16, 10:11 pm

Greyfield

Greyfield
C-Tier
C-Tier

My question is that if the system for White and Black Rukh is implemented how will this affect the INT spec. I recall reading that Black Rukh Magicians become Magi like in that the Black rukh provides and outside source of magoi.Would this mean every magician who has black rukh as their alignment get a bonus of some sort in the battle/RP deparment(I assume bonus because it most likely unfair to Magi's who put in the work to get that status and because Ithan is is nowhere near Arba's power level in the manga).Then would this bonus still apply to people with INT as a second or third Spec.

7Forum Changes: Questions? Empty Re: Forum Changes: Questions? 19/04/16, 04:28 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

There WILL be perks and bonuses for having both white rukh and black rukh. However, those bonuses will not be specialization specific. All races and specs will be getting the same sort of benefits from the respective rukh alignments.

That being said, a boost in magoi is more or less what is being considered for the black rukh bonus. White rukh has been harder to pin down but currently I'm considering something that allows for damage mitigation. In addition, both will have their own plot related perks/functions as well. The final form of these benefits will likely change between now and implementation, but I hope the core design idea behind them will remain the same. That idea being that black rukh is more tempting and easier to obtain, but somewhat dangerous and unpredictable. On the other hand, white rukh is relatively "safer" and more reliable despite having somewhat less alluring bonuses.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum