You are not connected. Please login or register

Sand Scarabs [B/Reserved]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sand Scarabs [B/Reserved] Empty Sand Scarabs [B/Reserved] on 18/09/15, 03:45 am

Ace

Ace
β-Tier
β-Tier
Seemingly out of nowhere, disaster had struck Heliohapt once again. This time, it was in the form of beetles. Beetles the size of children that were stealing food and trinkets, but today had been worse. Today they'd done the unthinkable, and almost carried off the daughter of a poor, widowed woman who lived on the outskirts of town. She'd already sent a messenger to where Tenma had told her he was staying, to inform him that she'd be unable to give him a tour today but also in order to invite him to help her on this dangerous mission to destroy the scarabs. According to what she'd heard, the mother's valiant efforts had barely been enough to save her daughter, and that she hadn't even made a dent in the scarabs' shells. There was something strange about how these overly large insects had appeared out of nowhere, but now wasn't the time for questions unfortunately. It was the time to take action, and Ivris was determined to destroy these bugs no matter what. She wouldn't let them terrorize these poor people any longer, because next thing she knew the scarabs could be wreaking havoc throughout the entire town.

Walking towards the outskirts at a brisk pace, she already held her wand in her hand. She was nervous to say the least - the fact that the mother hadn't even been able to hurt them meant they were definitely tough, possibly just as tough as the anacondas she'd fought with Tenma, if not more so. It was good to be wary, but after her training, she was sure she could handle these beetles. No matter what, however, she wasn't going to go down without a fight. She'd take these beetles out even if the odds were against her, but she sincerely hoped that Tenma decided to join her. She wasn't sure what the end result might be, but it definitely wouldn't be pretty if she was facing them alone. Still, she trudged forward, keeping her spirits high. She wouldn't let down the mother and her daughter, and she definitely wouldn't let herself fail. She'd come too far to back down now, and as she neared the outskirts of Heliohapt, she knew there was no turning back. As houses turned to run down buildings, she saw how little these people truly had. She'd always known, of course, but living in the rich side of Heliohapt had made this sight something of sadness and pity every time she saw it. These scarabs would regret the day they'd messed with that poor woman and her daughter.

Arriving at the small shack, if it could even be called that, she waited outside for a few minutes, looking around to see if Tenma or the beetles would show. She didn't know why they had shown up now or what they were after, but it wasn't her concern. She would try to make that connection another day; for now, all she wanted to do was take these monstrosities out, once and for all.

506/1500

Last edited by Ace on 20/09/15, 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Sand Scarabs [B/Reserved] 2014-09-06-korra

2Sand Scarabs [B/Reserved] Empty Re: Sand Scarabs [B/Reserved] on 18/09/15, 11:28 am

Fēng Xiang

Fēng Xiang
C-Tier
C-Tier
Strange things had begun happening recently, food and trinkets were being stolen and rumor was that the culprits were actually giant beetles and while Fēng probably would have left someone else to deal with them things had changed when one of the beetles had tried to take the daughter of a widowed woman. Of course what had made him decide to help wasn’t that incident alone but the request, of the owner of the tavern he usually visits, to check things out and help the woman out if he could. Being the good person that he was at heart he could not simple refuse and so he had accepted the request not dwelling much on the fact if he could handle the situation.

That was why he found himself walking towards were the house of the widow was located in order to get a little more information on the beetles or encounter them directly in case they decided to return. Fēng had also decided to bring his guandao with him just in case they proved to be too tough for simple attacks, of course he had his weapon wrapped around with a cloth in order not to bring more than necessary attention onto himself, not that it was working with him carrying a giant wrapped object onto his back instead but at least people around him didn’t outright know that it was a weapon.

Soon the buildings around Fēng began looking more and more rundown signifying that he was entering the outskirts of the city. He truly fell sympathy for the people living in those condition but he was well aware that there was nothing he could do to truly help them, With a forceful shake of his head he dismissed his current train of thought since it was heading down a spiral he currently did not have the luxury to fall down into and focused on the most important thing at the moment, which was helping out the widow and her daughter. Honestly Fēng was not even sure what he was doing accepting such a request when he wasn’t even sure he could survive it let alone accomplish it but at the same time it was hard to deny the growing spark of excitement he was feeling due to being faced with such a challenge and the fact that the chance he might die was so high was only serving to fuel said spark. Of course he would make sure to stay clear minded at all times and not be too reckless but it wouldn’t be easy.

As Fēng was getting closer to the spot where the widows home he spotted someone in front of it but he was still too far away to distinguish it .When he was finally close enough to see clearly the stranger turned out to be a woman but the expensive clothes and the gold she was wearing showed that it wasn’t the widow but someone else, someone from the rich part of the city. Had it been any other time or situation he probably would have blushed a little at how good she looked but now he could only narrow his eyes in suspicion. After all it was way to convenient to meet someone else on the place he was told to go to not only that but someone from the richer parts of Heliohapt and judging by the wand in her hand she was also a magician. Great this could only mean a few things: that this was trap set by someone that had something against him, someone had something against the widow and the tavern owner had lied to Fēng about the beetles in order for him to agree or the most unlikely it was because she just wanted to help. He diced too see which one of those it was and soon as he was in speaking distance said “Hello, are you here to get information about the bugs too.” After saying that he would direct his gaze towards her face in order to search for a lie and would relax his stance in preparation if she decided to lie to him or just prove not to be doing this out of the goodness of her heart.

WC:706/1500

Sand Scarabs [B/Reserved] Unlimi12

3Sand Scarabs [B/Reserved] Empty Re: Sand Scarabs [B/Reserved] on 20/09/15, 07:35 am

Mikazuki Tenma

Mikazuki Tenma
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
The news about newest disaster that struck Heliohapt had reached the swordsman’s ear as apparently, children-sized beetles popped out, messing with the city and disturbing the citizen. For the one eyed man himself, it was not the act to help the city or even the act to help the citizen itself, he was just aiming for the pleasure he might get from killing those creatures. He shivered a little bit, licking his upper lip, imagining how his Katana would pierce those beetles, what kind of blood color that he would see when he sliced those creatures. Ah... it had been a while since the last time he killed, but it was not fun, at that time he couldn’t kill the snakes slowly but now he wished that he could kill slowly, enjoying every second of it. “….this is bad…” He let out a sigh, knowing he was becoming more and more drowned into such kind of deviant pleasure but he couldn’t help it.

A messenger came knocking at his inn door, informing him about what message that Ivris wanted to tell him. He remembered that girl, the water magician who seemed very naïve to just bluntly face the snake and made Tenma finished it all. But he didn’t mind, he was seeing a person who was growing, developing to become stronger, so that kind of naivety was fine at least for Tenma. He headed to the place that the messenger mentioned an wondered what kind of things would happen, he couldn’t wait…

When he arrived at the small shack, he could notice a female that he recognized as the water magician from before and a male who seemed like a Fanalis. Tenma raised his eyebrow, Heliohapt definitely was not a good place for Fanalis or Imuchakk to walk alone as it was still having the slavery system inside. But he wouldn’t bring that up for now, considering they had much more important things to deal with. At least for now, he would just watch the Fanalis’ back. He was not underestimating the Fanalis male, he knew about their speed and strength, but it was still not safe. With a few steps, he approached both of them and greeted, “Greetings… How are you, Lady Ivris? And nice to meet you, my name is Tenma, mind to tell me about your name?” He smiled at the male, reaching out his hand to shake his hand and waited if he would shake hand with him or not.

He shifted his gaze towards Ivris, staring at her with a warm smile, “So Lady Ivris, I assume we will be visiting this house to get some information about those creatures?”

WC: 445/1500

Sand Scarabs [B/Reserved] XNsy1xt

4Sand Scarabs [B/Reserved] Empty Re: Sand Scarabs [B/Reserved] on 20/09/15, 10:48 pm

Ace

Ace
β-Tier
β-Tier
"Ah, there you are," I say as Tenma appears, just as I'd been getting anxious. This Fanalis had appeared, and while I wasn't afraid of him, it was definitely strange for him to have shown up out of nowhere.

"As Tenma said, my name is Ivris. It's a pleasure to meet you.  And yes," I add, replying to both of them at once. "We should go and see what information we can get; hopefully we'll be able to make quick work of this. Ah, what did you say your name was again?"

I knock on the door, which is opened a moment by a very young child. The quiet hut seemed drained of life as a woman took care of her child in a corner, looking very concerned. Around the child's legs  were deep cuts, as if something had bit into the flesh.

"Excuse me," I say, hoping I wasn't intruding. But as the woman turned, her face lit up, albeit only slightly, at the sight. "We're here because-"

"Are you here to get rid of those... those things?" she asks, placing the back of her hand and on her child's forehead before standing up to greet us. "My my, where are my manners? My name is Nabtep, but you can call me Nab. I'm sorry for the mess, but after seeing what they did to my poor child, I've just done all I can to make sure he's alright..."

"It's nothing to worry about. We're here to help. If it's not too much to ask, is there anything you can tell me about the things that attacked your child?"

"Yes, yes, of course. I wasn't able to hurt them - it's like they aren't normal. The only reason they dropped him was because I was screaming at the top of my lungs like  a lunatic, and I think I scared them off, but I'm sure they'd be back if it weren't for you. And look what they did to him, his legs were almost torn off. I paid a friend who studied life magic to heal him, but it took all she could to heal the muscle. At least his feet are saved, and she's made sure there won't be any infection."

"That's good to hear. I believe your son will make a full recovery," I say, smiling at her to give her some reassurance. I knew it would lift her spirits, and it did. "Also, do you know where the beetles were?"

"Hmm... I'm afraid not," she says. "All I know is that I ran out when I heard the screams, and everything after that is a blur."

"Would it be too much to ask your son? I promise, I won't ask urge him if he can't remember," I ask softly.

"I... I suppose so. Here, I'll get him some water," she says, moving over to a pitcher and bringing me down to the boy. After she gave him some water, he turned to look at me.

"Hello. No need to sit up, make sure to regain your strength. All I need to know is where I can find those things, so we can put an end to them."

"I-it was out by dune just north of the house..." the child says, trailing off. "They came out of the sand..."

"That's all I needed to know. Thank you," I say, smiling before standing up. "We'll make sure they don't harm anyone again, you just get some rest."

"He's a strong boy, he'll be fine," I say, speaking to the mother before turning to my companions.

"Let's go. We have work to do," I say, my face taking on a serious expression. These monstrosities sounded dangerous, but I wasn't going to back down.

624/1500 word count

1130/1500 total word count

(Idk if this is correct, but I'm using the hr to show a break in time that will allow you to answer my question, then use an hr yourself to continue ^^)

5Sand Scarabs [B/Reserved] Empty Re: Sand Scarabs [B/Reserved] on 21/09/15, 02:45 pm

Fēng Xiang

Fēng Xiang
C-Tier
C-Tier
Fēng tensed a little when he heard the second voice which was distinctively male and as soon as he did he turned towards the source, which turned out to be unsurprisingly another stranger, he quickly examined the new arrival in order check if it he represented any sort of danger, well more like if he currently represented danger to Fēng. When he heard the friendly voice and introduction Fēng chastised himself internally for being so paranoid over nothing, it seemed that this city was making more paranoid than usual. So with a little shake of his head to chase the small feeling of uneasiness he was feeling pricking at the edge of his danger sense and after putting a small but relaxed smile he gripped the outstretched hand and returned the handshake while simultaneously saying loudly enough so the now named Ivris could hear too. “It is a pleasure to meet both of you too and the name is Fēng.”

After he introduced himself Fēng only nodded his head in agreement when Ivris suggest going inside in order to get more information. As they entered the house he quietly eye the interior which was in the same condition that exterior was on the outside. He also listened without interrupting when the now named Nabtep told them about what exactly had happened with the beetles. It was for the umpteenth time that Fēng found himself cursing his soft-heartedness when it came to sob stories and so when the mother stepped away to let Ivris questioned the little boy Fēng turned a little towards Tenma and said “I’ll be right back” with that done he approached Nab and with an awkward scratch of his head he started “Look I know I’m a complete stranger but if you ever need help with anything no matter what it is visit the “Sandy Wench” and ask for Fēng, the old goat there will direct you afterwards.” After the initial declaration he continued talking quietly with the mother and Just as he finished speaking with her he heard Ivris address him and Tenma .As a little bit of tension started to creep in his body from the seriousness of the situation Fēng felt the small spark of excitement reignite itself with renewed vigor and so he left a small but feral smile grace his face “Indeed we do.” he was going to make sure that these bugs never hurt innocent people again.

WC:1112/1500

6Sand Scarabs [B/Reserved] Empty Re: Sand Scarabs [B/Reserved] on 21/09/15, 11:54 pm

Ace

Ace
β-Tier
β-Tier
I head out towards the desert, making my way from the small home in the general direction that these things should be. As I draw nearer to the sand dunes, I wonder if it we'll be able to do this. But I have faith in these people, even though I'd only just met one of them. To want to help a total stranger was an act of goodwill, and nothing more could be asked for. I just hoped that no one would get hurt; these things were definitely going to be something to contend with.  

Finally, I arrive at the dunes, and my eyes search the sand for any shifting movement. At first, I think maybe they've moved along elsewhere, but before I can react they crawl out from the sand, their shiny hides radiant in the sunlight, nearly blinding. There were four of them in total, which was definitely going to make this a lot harder. Due to the lack of water out here, it was going to be troublesome; I might not have enough water for a larger spell unless I took the time to multiply the little I had, and I wasn't sure these beetles, if they could be called that, were going to wait around until I was ready.

I cast Ice Daggers in order to conserve my limited amount of water, the small projectiles flying at the nearest beetle. Thankfully, it didn't have time to react, and was impaled by all four of them. Strangely enough, it disintegrated back into the sand, as though it'd never existed, the frozen daggers falling away.

Using the ice from that spell and multiplying it as fast as I could, I cast Ice Spears on another of them. However, it uses Bite to destroy one of them, the other impaling its back. Reusing the ice, I cast Ice Drill to finish it off before turning my attention to the other two. However, before I could do anything, they lift their wings up and vibrate them extremely quickly to create sound waves and create a Buzz. If I hadn't cast Water Jet to partly clash with the sound, although it still shattered my borg, I don't know what would've happened. Knowing I needed to act quickly, I cast Water Knife on one of the two remaining bugs, casting Ice Blade at the other  before falling back and leaving the rest to my allies.

403/1500 word count

1533/1500 total word count

70/200 magoi

Abilities:
Name: Ice Blade
Tier: D
Cost: 10/5 magoi
Element: Ice
Class: Supplementary
Range: 10 m
Cool-Down: 2 posts or sustain+1
Description: Caster creates a 1 meter long blade of ice that can travel at 10 m/s and has a range of 10 meters, doing D-Tier damage.

Name: Ice Spears
Tier: C
Cost: 20/10 magoi
Class: Offensive
Range: 20 m
Cool-Down: 3 posts or sustain+1
Description: Caster summons 2 ice spears that are 5 meters long which travel at 15 m/s over 20 meters towards a target the caster points his wand at, each dealing D-Tier damage.

Name: Water Jet
Tier: C-Tier
Element: Water
Class: Supplementary
Cool-Down: 3 posts or +1 sustained
Description: Caster creates a water jet which knocks the target back 10 meters. The water jet is 10 meters long and .3 meters wide, moving at 15 m/s in a 20 meter range.

Name: Ice Drill
Tier: C-Tier
Cool-Down: 3 posts or +1 sustained
Description: Caster creates a drill made of ice which moves and rotates at 15 m/s, has a length of 10 meters and, at it's widest part, a width of 1 meter, has a range of 20 meters, and does C-Tier damage.

Name: Water Knife
Tier: B-Tier
Cost: 30/15 magoi
Element: Water
Class: Offensive|Supplementary
Range: 30 m
Cool-Down: 5 posts or +1 sustained
Description: Caster creates a single water knife which is .025 meters long and .01 meters thick. It can move at a speed of 20 m/s in a 30 meter range, and deals C-Tier damage and cause bleeding for 2 posts.

Name: Ice Daggers
Tier: B-Tier
Cost: 30/15 magoi
Range: 30 m
Cool-Down: 5 posts or +1 sustained
Description: Caster creates four ice daggers which move at a speed of 20 m/s and are .15 meters long and .025 meters thick. They can be sent forth in a range of 30 meters to deal D-Tier damage.

7Sand Scarabs [B/Reserved] Empty Re: Sand Scarabs [B/Reserved] on 23/09/15, 03:16 am

Fēng Xiang

Fēng Xiang
C-Tier
C-Tier
Feng proceeded to follow Ivris into the desert towards were presumably the beetles were supposed to be and as the group was walking  towards the dunes he kept his guard up for any threats and constantly scanned the surroundings hoping to spot the bugs. He was mostly focused on looking around but a small part of him was dedicated to musing about his current allies. They seemed like genially good people or at least they looked like as such on the surface and there was no way to know what lied under that but currently he was content to both watch there back and trusted them with his for this.

As soon as they reached the dunes four beetles popped up out of the sand right in front of Ivris feet and giving credit where it’s due the magician reacted quite well ,what was more impressive was the fact that she used water magic in the desert, not a thing someone witnessed often. After she finished casting magic and taking out two of the bugs Feng decided it was his turn to face them and so with a tensing of his muscled he sprinted towards the most damaged one and brought his fist down on it. Since it was already injured that was enough to finish it and so it seemingly disintegrated as his fist went through its shell. Turning towards the other one Feng noticed it lifting its wings up again and unleashing another Buzz, as soon as it started coming towards him he grabbed his Guan dao from his back while simultaneously removing the cloth around it, which wasn’t as easy as it seemed and had took more practice then he would have liked in order to do it so seamlessly. With the Guan dao now in his hands he started spinning it in front of him just in time to intercept the Buzz with Lightning Twister, Feng winced a little when the attack hit him and the vibrations of it travelled through his body but he quickly dismissed the discomfort and surged towards the beetle in full sprint. As he was closing on it he used Lightning Slash on it but it just wasn’t enough to finish the job but he decided he had done enough damage to them and so he jumped backwards comfortable enough that he had done his share and content enough to leave the rest to Tenma.

WC:1516/1500
50/80 Magoi / Stamina
Abilities used:
Name: Lightning Twister
Tier: C-tier
Cost: 20|10 Magoi/Stamina
Weapon Type: Polearm
Class: Defensive
Range: Close
Cool-Down: 3 posts (Sustain+1)
Description: Xiang uses his Guandao to block and parry attacks by spinning it around him at 15 m/s allowing him to block up to a total of one B-Tier attack.

Name: Lightning Slash
Tier: D-tier
Cost: 10|5 Magoi/Stamina
Weapon Type:Polearm
Cool-Down: 2 posts (Sustain+1)
Description:Xiang uses his Guandao to slash forwards in an arc at 10 m/s causing D-tier damage.

8Sand Scarabs [B/Reserved] Empty Re: Sand Scarabs [B/Reserved] on 25/09/15, 01:59 pm

Mikazuki Tenma

Mikazuki Tenma
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
No words left his lips as he listened to what the victim had to say, he noticed how the boy spoke to them. The boy seemed terrified but he held it in, encouraging himself to share a valuable information for the three of them. It was… not good. The swordsman stared at the boy with his golden eye, knowing that he needed to do something or the boy might be scared for lives. He stayed at the room after patting the water magician’s shoulder, nodding to Feng a little bit to give them a signal that he would stay a little longer in the room. He would wait until it was just him, the boy and the mother before saying, “I believe you are a strong one…” He stepped closer to the boy, reaching out his hand and placed it on his head. “…but if you feel the need to be stronger, come meet me and I will guide you to be stronger.”  He smiled brightly at the boy, ruffling his hair carefully before then waving his hand and exited the place.

He followed the water magician and male fanalis, quietly maneuvered his legs to walk on the hot sand of the desert. He didn’t feel the need to say anything as he knew that both of his “companions” in this mission was very determined to finish off the beetles. It was shown when they arrived at the dunes; the first one to take actions was Ivris, skillfully controlling water, turning it into ice. He whistled a little, amused by the fact that this girl developed rapidly if he compared to when they met before. He wondered what kind of training that she undergoes. Well, maybe she was a very skilled one, a fine magician if he could say but seemed to not be that experienced in battlefield. Perhaps he could help her to be more experienced? Who knew, maybe he would help if she interested, considering that she seemed having the desire to visit another country. It was odd for Tenma to think like that though; the urge to make people become stronger was seldom appearing in his mind before. He began to wonder again, if he wanted to make some people stronger so he could use them… or just purely want to make them stronger. He didn’t know the answer and let out a small chuckle.

But when come the Fanalis’ turns, Tenma raised his eyebrow, delighted to see such a fine race that had a very extraordinary fighting skills and strength. He remembered one of his companions before when they raided the bandits’ headquarters. He watched how that certain redhead screw the place up, creating chaos for those who resided inside the place in order to rescue the woman. He chuckled again, wanting to know how it felt like to fight a Fanalis for once. He might get the chance though, but he just needed to be patient. The weapon that the man named Feng chose was pretty interesting as well, a polearm. So he decided to watch for a bit, learning and observing how both of his new companion fight, noting everything mentally.

When he saw a chance for him to actually get one for him to land his attack, the one eyed man dashed towards whichever remaining beetles, unsheathed his Katana on the way and sent four diagonal slashes when he reached an appropriate distance, hoping it would be enough to deal with the creature. But he was kind of disappointed as he thought that this creature was not that strong. He sighed a little again for the second time, thinking that he was being excited for nothing but then laughed at Ivris and Feng. “You all almost didn’t give me a chance to take one for myself.” He chuckled jokingly and  wiped his Myou from the remaining of the beetles. Hmm… strange, he didn’t feel anything again…maybe the creature was not strong enough? Or he didn’t get to kill more? He closed his eye for a bit before sheathed back his Katana and approached the blue magician, as well as the Fanalis male. “Sorry I didn’t do much, but I am pleased to be able to fight beside strong fighters, I guess I still have so many to learn, eh?” He chuckled before carving his face with a warm smile.

The thought of having some more companions that he could gather to be his information network existed in his mind, but he knew that if he had a too wide information network, then there was a chance where his true identity would be revealed. He sighed, nothing could be done to help him to find his sister, and he needed to do it all alone. It was not a big matter for him though as he was used to do everything alone, but he was running out of time. Who knew if he waited any longer, his sister wouldn’t be there, making all hopes that he had vanished and at the same time erasing his reason to keep living.

The one eyed man remembered when he and his little sister were younger. At that time, they would play to be each other companion. Even though usually it ended up with his little sister being the princess because Tenma wouldn’t stop begging her to be one so he could be the knight that would always protect his sister. It was fun, nostalgic… and sad. The whole feeling about whether the little sister hated him when they finally could reunite haunted him again. He wanted to go back to such happy time like how it was pictured in his memories, but it depends on how the search went...and if she would accept him again in order to recreate new happy memories.

With a big smile, he opened his arms and put them around Feng’s and Ivris’ shoulders in a friendly way, “Now that we get the job done, should we go to nearby place to eat and drink? Or at least we can celebrate our success?” He laughed happily, “We can invite that boy from earlier and his mother also. Plus, this party will be on me. How does that sound?” He needed to drink, at least drink could make him feel better. And having this two new friend to accompany him to drink would definitely make a good memories.

WC: 1509/1500
Magoi : 220/250

Ability Used:

Name: Joho Giri
Tier: B
Cost: 30 | 15
Weapon Type: Katana
Cool-Down: 5 posts
Description: The user will send 4 diagonal slashes at 20m/s, each slash dealing D-Tier damage.

Sand Scarabs [B/Reserved] XNsy1xt

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum