You are not connected. Please login or register

Master and Slaves [Job/C-Tier/Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ace

Ace
β-Tier
β-Tier

It was a hot, sweltering day on which Ivris was walking through the marketplace when a group of people slammed into her, running for their lives. Although she wasn't hurt, she wondered where they might be headed in such a hurry... It almost seemed as if they were slaves.

"Someone catch them! Those slaves stole my daughter and ran off, but there's nothing I could do! Criminals the lot of them, I'll personally slit their throats! A reward to whoever catches them!" a man says, shouting angrily at the top of his lungs. Everyone went on with their business, however - slaves could be very dangerous, and no one wanted to get involved with the lot of them. Still, if they'd taken this man's daughter... Even if I had little hope for people who traded or had slaves, it was wrong for them to take his daughter with them in their escape. So, unwilling as I was, I walked up to the man.

"I'll help you get your daughter back. Do you know why they took her?" I ask, my face remaining passive.

"Oh, thank you! Trust me, you will be rewarded generously! No, I have no idea, but it doesn't matter as long as you bring them back to me. This here is my house," he said, gesturing behind him.

"I don't want your money. I'm just going to bring them and your daughter back, but they will face fair punishment for that, and nothing else."

"Whatever," the man said, brushing me off. He knew that once I'd returned the slaves to him, he could do as he liked. "Just bring them back! My slaves were very expensive, and I won't have them escaping!"

What a horrible man... not even a word about his daughter.  All he cared about were the slaves, it seemed. As I headed out after them, asking people in the market if they'd seen where they'd gone, I begin to pick up the trail. Apparently they were headed to the northwest of the city, and once I arrived there I was informed they'd taken residence in an empty, poor residence. As I walk up to the side of the house, I try to listen to what might be going on inside.

"Look, let's just get out of here," a voice said. "I don't want to see Heliohapt ever again."

"We need food, water, and supplies for the journey ahead of us, but we have nothing. What are we going to do?" said another.

"It doesn't matter. We just have to get out of here before he finds us. If he does... no, I'm never going back. I'd rather die than return to him."

"Please, calm down. We understand what a horrible person he was, but we need a plan. Look, we'll get what we can tonight and leave once the moon is high. That way we won't have to deal with the desert sun. I've heard there's an oasis which we'll be able to reach by sunrise, but we'll need our rest. We can't be seen on the streets right now, it's too risky. All we can do is hide and wait."

I'd heard enough; I had to act now if I was going to prevent these slaves from running away with the daughter of the man in the market. Moving towards the door, I cast Water Arm to grab the handle and yank it open. Thankfully it wasn't well reinforced, otherwise I probably wouldn't have been able to enter the premises at all and would've had to wait out here until they tried to leave.

"Stop where you are! I won't let you run away with that man's daughter," I say, expecting to see her bound and tied up, instead, however, the girl who obviously wasn't a slave was sitting in... in the lap of a tall, handsome slave?

"Please," the man's daughter urged, the same voice I'd heard earlier saying that she'd rather die than return to him, "don't take us back. I can't bear my father... he's never cared about me, ever since my mother left him. He's abusive, it comes with owning slaves many times. He beat her and beat her until she ran from him. Because of him, I had no mother. Although he hasn't harmed me as much as he did her yet, I know it will begin soon; he's been saying how much I look like her, and I can see the hatred in his eyes. All he cares about is his money, and beating slaves for pleasure. I know it sounds like it can't be true, but you have to believe us. Please, I can't go back... I can't..."

I look around the room, taking in the scared faces of the slaves I saw. They looked tired, broken down, and worst of all, beaten and bruised. Many had scars or black eyes. And the way the man had been earlier today in the market... I knew the girl was right.

"You want to leave with them?" I ask.

"Yes. My heart belongs to him," the girl says, looking at the slave who she was sitting with.

"Very well; I will not stop you. Actually, here, take some money," I say, grabbing all that I carried around with me and handing it to one of the slaves nearest to me. "That should buy you provisions for at least a few days of your journey, and if you'll allow me I'll meet you on the outskirts of town just north of here with two camels in three hours."

"You're so kind..." the slave who I'd handed the money to said. "We can't accept this..."

"Of course you can. Now then, if you excuse me, I'm going to go have a few words with your father," I say.

Turning to leave them, I head back to the market, where the man's home was located. I knock on the door, ready to tell him that his daughter and his slaves would not be returning.

"What is it?" the man says, seemingly annoyed. He smelled drunk, and looked around for a moment before realizing something was off. "Where are my slaves!?"

"They're free from your brutality. You won't see them ever again."

"That's what you think. I'll make you talk!" the man said, pushing through the doorway. He cast Fireball, leaving me almost no time to block two of them with Ice Spears, which I narrowly did. The other two, however, shattered my borg, leaving me defenseless.

1085/1000 word count

180/200 magoi left

Abilities:

Last edited by Ace on 17/09/15, 06:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Master and Slaves [Job/C-Tier/Solo] 2014-09-06-korra

Ace

Ace
β-Tier
β-Tier

"I won't lose to a terrible person like you!" I say, sustaining Ice Spears and casting Ice Blade. He cast Firewall to stop the Ice Blade which was coming straight towards him, but the Ice Spears drove into his shoulders, cutting into his skin and making him shout in pain. As I jog out of the way of the Firewall, which barely misses me, since I'd only been 10 meters away from him when casting Ice Blade, I put all my strength into casting Water Whip, lashing it out on one of his legs. Sustaining it, I had it hit again on his other leg, finally driving him to the floor.
"You're a horrible man, and a horrible father," I mutter, leaving him there on the floor unconscious. I head over to where my family's camels were kept and take them to the outskirts, knowing we could buy more.

"Your father was very angry, but he won't be chasing after you. These camels are for you, take them and go to wherever you desire. Be free, and be happy," I say, smiling at the group of them.

"Thank you so much," the girl says, giving me a hug that I didn't expect. She wiped tears away, trying to keep her composure. "You've been more than helpful... please, take this money as our gratitude. We were able to scrounge it up after selling what little we'd taken for our journey from that man..."

"I can't accept, you need it more than I do," I reply.

"It is a sign of our appreciation and friendship; you've done more than enough for us. Just please, accept this as an offering of our gratitude," the girl says, folding the money into my hand before smiling at me and heading over to the camel.

"Good luck, and please stay safe," I say, waving at them as they mount the camels and start to head off. They wave back, and I stand there until they disappear into the dark night. I hoped they'd be able to start anew elsewhere in the world, and find happiness after all that they'd been through.

355/1000 word count

1440/1000 total word count

145/200 magoi left

Abilites:

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Master and Slaves [Job/C-Tier/Solo] 2014-09-06-korra

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum