You are not connected. Please login or register

Up and at 'Em [Training/Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Up and at 'Em [Training/Solo] Empty Up and at 'Em [Training/Solo] on 20/06/15, 03:41 pm

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
After about a week of moping around her home, Ayero begrudgingly decided that it was time for her to get up and moving again. Ariella’s death still weighed heavily on her mind, but Ayero realized that she was still in a position of responsibility, being a Colonel in the Fanalis Corps. At the very least, she should make an effort to try and resume her normal duties.

She had woken up that morning with a turning stomach, but was energized by her resolve to get back to normal. Take it easy. One step at a time. Accept what happened, but do not let it destroy you. You have a job to do. Don’t be selfish. Ayero gave herself a mental pep talk as she splashed cool water on her face, willing the sleep from her eyes as her stomach began to settle after being ill. She felt a bit like she was somehow betraying Ariella by trying to return to normal so quickly, but figured that the lightning mage wouldn’t have wanted her to continue moping around. No, instead she would try to be strong. Well, as strong as she could be. Ayero slowly ran a comb through her red waves as she stared at herself in the mirror. Aye, you really look like hell. She poked at the bags under her eyes before securing her hair up, running a hand through the portion that fell down her back.

After a week of nothing but drinking and sleeping, Ayero noticed that her midsection began to expand a bit. Figuring that the swelling of her gut was due to the excess of alcohol, she headed directly for the Fanalis Corps training grounds. She had left instruction for her group to continue drill in her absence, leaving Yusuf in charge of the group. Now that she had returned, she was eager to occupy herself with anything other than a bottle of drink.

”Hnng!” Yusuf grunted against the weight of Ayero’s blade, successfully redirecting the scimitar away and to the side. Locking eyes with Ayero, the Fanalis man thrust his blade forwards only to have it parried in turn. It had been a while since Ayero had trained with them regularly since going off on her adventure, and Yusuf was honestly expecting her to be…more cheerful? Though cheerful wasn’t a word he would ever use to describe the woman, he figured that she’d at least share some stories of her adventure with them.

Instead, she had entered the training ground and demanded a spar. And thus the Corps training had paused while Ayero and Yusuf drew their blades against one another. A good chunk of the Corps only had experience fighting bare-handed, but Ayero had slowly been incorporating weapons into their training regimen in order to make them more well-rounded as warriors.

Ayero lunged forward, her blade nearly finding Yusuf’s flesh if the latter hadn’t parried the sword up and away once more. Seeing an opening, Ayero quickly withdrew her weapon out of the parry, regaining control on her sword and thrusting it forward in a Blade Burst. The unexpected movement took her sparring partner by surprise, but the blade stopped before it could bury itself into Yusuf’s stomach.

[Trained: Blade Burst 540/500 w/ amulet reduction]

Spoiler:
Name: Blade Burst (Way of Old)
Tier: B
Cost: 30 Stamina|15 Sustained
Weapon Type: Sword
Class Offensive
Range: Close
Cool-Down: 5 posts
Description: As her blade is parried away or blocked, Ayero regains control of the motion of her sword and quickly slashes at an unguarded area of her opponent at 20 m/s dealing B-tier damage.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

2Up and at 'Em [Training/Solo] Empty Re: Up and at 'Em [Training/Solo] on 20/06/15, 05:51 pm

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
For a few moments, both Ayero and Yusuf remained completely still in their positions. Ayero’s blade stayed pointed forward as if to stab Yusuf, and Yusuf froze after pulling away slightly and reflexively sucking in his stomach. After seeing that the match had ended there, both Fanalis loosened considerably and stood upright. Attempting to inject some levity into the scene, Yusuf rubbed at the back of his head and grinned at Ayero. Though Ayero was not an outwardly friendly person by nature, something seemed off. ”Wouldn’t expect anything less from you, Colonel.” The male Fanalis offered his other hand to shake.

Ayero arched a brow at the gesture, finding it out of place. Usually sparring matches with the Corps didn’t end in something so…formal. Usually a few words of praise and/or criticism, and perhaps a pat on the back or shoulder. But when Ayero took Yusuf’s hand to shake, she was startled as the young man pulled her forward slightly.

”Colonel…you really alright?” His voice was low enough so that it didn’t resonate beyond the two of them. The surprised look on Ayero’s face faded quickly, but she didn’t know how to answer him. He seemed genuine in his concern, but Ayero didn’t want him or any of the others to worry. She was supposed to be their leader. Luckily, a break in the silence came from a third party.

”Colonel Shiba! You’re back!” A bob of red hair stepped out from the surrounding Fanalis and hurried toward Ayero.
Up and at 'Em [Training/Solo] MYc7pw4

”Hm? Delphi?” Ayero turned slightly to see the young woman, surprised at seeing the smile on her face. Yusuf chuckled and placed a hand on Delphi’s head.

”This one’s been training hard. She’s pretty quick with a blade, could give you a run for your money, Colonel!” Yusuf ruffled the young woman’s hair and laughed good naturedly while Delphi puffed up her cheeks and swatted at his hand.

The exchange brought a faint twinge of a smile to Ayero’s lips before she refocused on the young Fanalis woman in front of her. Delphi’s lack of physical strength presented challenge to both herself and Ayero as a teacher. Gradually her fighting ability improved, but the little Fanalis really seemed to take to the blade.

”Is that so? Delphi, come with me. I want to see how you’ve improved with your blade. The rest of you, get back to work!” Ayero’s voice rang out as she gave her orders, listening to a few groans from the other Fanalis before they turned to continue their training. She motioned for Delphi to follow her and began walking towards the edge of the training ground. Then younger Fanalis female trotted after, her eagerness reflecting in her steps.

After finding a clear spot, Ayero stopped and turned towards Delphi, hands at her hips. ”Alright then. Show me what you’ve got.”

Delphi straightened, clutching her sheathed sword as she stared at Ayero. ”Just…like this?” Her eyes traveled down to the other woman’s waist where her sheathed blade rested. ”Aren’t you going to use a weapon too, Colonel?” Her voice wavered a bit, unsure of what Ayero planned on doing.

”That’s what I said. Come at me.” Ayero’s voice took on a harder edge as she crossed her arms over her chest and stared the other Fanalis down. She noted the spark of fear across Delphi’s face, but it was quickly replaced with a mask of determination. Oh?

Unsheathing her blade with a flourish, Delphi lowers her body and pushes off on her feet to spring towards Ayero. Her blade was held in back as she moved before it arced upward in an attempt to strike her target. Quick as lightning, Delphi’s blade met with Ayero’s as the latter unsheathed her own weapon after analyzing her opponent. The younger woman’s eyes widened as she felt the force of her strike being pushed to the side, and suddenly Ayero’s blade rested at her shoulder (Riposte). There was a brief pause until their eyes met and Ayero raised a brow before dropping her blade.

[Trained Riposte: 674/500 w/ amulet reduction]
Spoiler:
Name: Riposte (Way of Old)
Tier: B
Cost: 30 Stamina|15 Sustained
Weapon Type: Sword
Class Offensive
Range: Close
Cool-Down: 5 posts
Description: After parrying an incoming attack, Ayero thrusts her sword forward quickly at 20 m/s to cause B-tier damage.

Regaining her balance, Delphi straightened and re-established her grip on her blade. ”U-Um…Colonel…I’m sorry!” The young girl cried out, looking fraught with nerves and suddenly much less confident.

”Sor…sorry? For what?” Genuinely confused, Ayero frowned.

Delphi looked up, her large eyes watering. ”I…I should have been better! I should have worked on my skills before showing you!”

Ayero fought the urge to roll her eyes and clapped a hand on Delphi’s shoulder. ”Easy now, you were just fine. Yusuf is right, you are pretty quick. Now, I’m quite experienced with a blade so I knew what you were going to do. As you learn more techniques and spar against different opponents, you’ll learn to analyze and react accordingly.”

Thankfully, the water works were put on hold while Delphi gave Ayero a curious look. ”Do you mean that you always know what your opponent is going to do?”

Shaking her head, Ayero fought back a chuckle. ”Of course not. You’re a novice, so it’s easy to read your body, especially when I’m the one who taught you. Sometimes opponents will be impossible to read, at first anyway. And even if I make a judgement call in battle, I’m liable to be wrong. But you have to react.”

”Oh…um, Colonel? What was that move you used?”

”Ah, that was a riposte. After parrying or blocking an incoming attack, you make a quick return thrust.” Ayero paused for a moment, gears turning in her mind. ”Something like that is a bit too advanced for you, I think. I could be wrong, but how about I teach you something else first?”

Eyes wide, Delphi wiped her eyes before smiling brightly and nodding quickly in response. Relieved that there hopefully wouldn’t be any crying this training session, Ayero placed a hand on Delphi’s shoulder. ”Alright, you stand there. Don’t move.” Ayero walked a few feet away from Delphi then charged towards her right side. Startled, Delphi brought up her blade to block Ayero, but the other woman suddenly Feinted to the side, appearing at Delphi’s left. Ayero’s blade harmlessly rested against the woman’s shoulder once more before pulling away.

”This is called a Feint. Use it to make your opponent think you’re doing one thing, but really you intend to do something else.”

”So it’s…like a bluff?” Delphi tilted her head to the side and brought a hand to her chin.

”Pretty much.” Ayero shrugged. ”Your speed will be help you out a lot in battle. Now, I want you to try it.”

Some distance away, Yusuf watched the pair of women as they sparred together. She sure is taking a liking to Delphi, huh? Good for her. They both need it.

[Trained Feint: 448/250 w/ amulet reduction]
Spoiler:
Name: Feint (Way of Old)
Tier: C
Cost: 20 Stamina|10 Sustained
Weapon Type: Body
Class: Supplementary
Range: 10 m
Cool-Down: 3 posts + 1 Sustain
Description: Ayero feints to one side at 15 m/s in order to avoid an incoming attack or to reposition herself up to 10 m away.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum