You are not connected. Please login or register

The Winter Huntsman (Social, Vodarara, Vavantine)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier
The cold ever-winter winds blew, the aged huntsman was closed in one of his camps, this place was formed from aged wood, bitten by the frost and hardened it remained on the outskirts of the forests, with its lesser protection from the wind the ice and snow regularly froze the wood. It at least prevented its decay slightly and with care of tending to it once you passed through and making repairs it allowed one to make some sort of a makeshift shelter to stay in over the dark hours.

It was rather useful for setting up traps and allowed one the next day to head directly into the forest to hunt, it was more of an outpost that anyway, the hunter sat round a small crackling fire that’s sound would mostly be suffocated from the wind, though he tried his best to prevent much light leaking out it was likely some did anyway.

A number of sets of gloves were before his feet and in his red raw hands was a piece of jerky, the temperature was always low in this place though it was survivable if you were careful, humans weren’t as hardy as this lands natives and had to rely on their own ability rather than natural ability.

A little wolf rabbit was curled up in a sheltered corner this was the huntsmans minion of sorts, it more of stalked him across the landscape and scavenged on his food, though at least it didn’t scavenge on his winter grain mault, though he only cultivated the beverage in certain areas it did have a bit of a ting to it with the mixture of grains and other flora giving it a rather unique taste to that of Animal Blood, Water and other beverages you could acquire but then what you made yourself always tasted better.

The huntsman would sleep soon though it was nice to once in a while savour a drink.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Vavatine

Vavatine
C-Tier
C-Tier
A figure clad in a strangely unique uniform trudged through the snow and against the wind that pushed against it. The blue cape and long blew hair was thrown back into a wild frenzy, but a mask covered the upper portion of the face. The figure had a sword strapped to its hip as it slept in its scabbard, patiently waiting for when its owner would bring it out for battle. The figure was a young girl that was 19 years of age, but had been considered an adult when she succeeded in the passage to adulthood.

The girl's name was Vavantine, the Lotus Knight, a title which she received from the Sapphire Templar, a group of warriors that mainly consisted of her own family members. She had volunteered to go out on patrol since no other member would, so now, here she was, wandering the snow covered land in a blizzard that would kill anyone who wasn't careful.

As Vavantine walking, a small light pierced through the blinding wind, and out of curiosity, she ventured forth. Her hand slowly moved to the hilt of her sword as a precaution, but let go when she saw a man drinking by a small fire. She tilted her head. "Hello, sir."

The Winter Huntsman (Social, Vodarara, Vavantine) 0WmUfDe

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier
It appeared that a not so little creature had managed to work its way to his camp through his traps, an imuchakk clad with weaponry a swordsperson as you could say from first appearance, though of course imuchakk suited this environment well and were not heavily required like a human such as himself to be heavily clad in clothing to protect them from the cold environment that filled their homelands.

The huntsman in one of his hands held a makeshift bottle made of native materials, it held the liquid much like a barrel would but was crafted from a single piece of wood that seemed to have had its plug removed.

In the other the huntsman held a wooden dish, which he occasionally was sipping from, as he focused his aged eyes on the Imuchakk that had entered what he would see as at least his domain at this time of night.

The Huntsman spoke, “what brings one out so far during the night, did you get yourself lost kid and as a member of your people you would at least have a different response to one such as myself”

The huntsman’s figure when seated on what was basic wooden seat/bed of sorts just a flat log that one could at least lie on to avoid lying on the snow, the figure covered in pelts and a scar covering what could be seen of his face as his hood was still raised, it confused him why the Imuchakk would turn up here at this time of night.

Night was not the domain of the species that could control the day, things could easily lurk in the shadows and be in wait, things that may be seen as weak in day can become far stronger than the daywalkers during the night.

Vavatine

Vavatine
C-Tier
C-Tier
Vavantine looked around at the items the man had, noticing that he was in fact resourceful in such harsh conditions and deduced that he was by no means a complete stranger to the land. He wore layers upon layers of clothing to protect his flesh from the ruthless chill, so that alone was evidence enough that he was not an Imuchakk. If that did not confirm it, the it was the manner in which he spoke, referring to her race as 'your people'.

Her race was not fond of outsiders. They preferred to be isolated, completely withdrawn from the conflict of other countries. It was a bit disheartening to the young, female warrior, since she saw no point behind it entirely, but she was young and completely oblivious to the reason behind it due to her lack of asking the right questions. It then came to mind that her country was not the only one with such issues. Just as the Imuchakk did not like outsiders, the magicians of Magnostadt were said to not like non-magicians, or goi, as she read in one of her uncle's scrolls. One day, perhaps not in the immediate future, she would travel across the sea to explore the countries of Reim, Heliohapt, The Plains of Magnostadt, Kou, and Balbadd.

"No, sir," she replied. "I am not lost. I am merely wondering the wilderness out of curiosity and boredom. I managed to see a flicker of your fire and came to investigate, only to find you here." She looked around once more through the lines of her mask. "As for my response to you, I see no reason to treat you with any sort of hostility or rage for you have not done anything to me. You also seems to be very resourceful, so you don't seem to be a stranger to Imuchakk. You only look different than I, as does every being on the planet. We both have the same type organs and bones inside of us, I'm sure." Vavantine directed her gaze back to the hooded man. "I'm not one to jump at outsiders as others. I'm still young, so I do not fully understand their reasoning."

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier
The huntsman listened to the valiant words of the youngster, they still had much to learn of this world of course the brutality that it held and the shadows that lurked in its darkness, the young hold a form of experience that the old don’t they can seek mystery and are more open in mind, though the huntsman had seen his fair share of surprises and had no home to speak of he was aging, he would likely die at some point not too far in the future, though his job had become more of an eternal warden of the snow and one day it would consume him.

“Well, nipper I guess one day you lot will be the ones to lead this world, many will be dead and gone by that point, the suns and tides change and the flow of destiny changes, maybe you’ll end up somewhere far when you grow up”

The huntsman pondered something before speaking again,

“Anyway Kid its night and I’m not Evil enough to throw people out into the night, so you can make your own choice on what to do but one like myself must at least rest…… also don’t pilfer my food I’ve had enough of my hunt eaten by The High Chief”

The Huntsman lay his back into the bark behind him and would slowly enter a state of sub-sleep where he was aware in some sense but most would be rested.

Vavatine

Vavatine
C-Tier
C-Tier
Vavantine tilted her head as she watched the man get into a comfortable position where he slumped back against what appeared to be bark. She didn't want to go back to the village, not yet, and when she saw a little creature in the corner, she wandered over out of curiosity. The little animal was a cute wolf rabbit. She smiled, taking of her mask and hooking it to her belt as she knelt down and stroked the little creatures fur. The Imuchakk never had a pet, or any sort of animal to call her companion, so to see this little guy, she couldn't help but melt at its overwhelming cuteness. Vavantine gently scratched the wolf rabbit behind the ears and scratched it in a gentle, almost massaging manner. "Aren't you an adorable little thing?"

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier
Though Vodarara could have been said to be appearing as if he was sleeping or rather resting, he was still rather aware of what went on around him, it was a way to survive in these lands if you weren’t an 8ft tall blue haired giant that could kill many of the small creatures with pretty much the focused poke of a finger, It seemed the young female had taken interest in the mutt the Huntsman was carrying around, Vodarara appeared to hear little bits of what they were saying in his rested state and thusly mumbled some words that may or may not have been understandable by the young imuchakk it would much depend on if they had decent ears on their head.

“Play with the mutt if you wish don’t crush it, it’s an interesting sample”

Before he became somewhat slightly more drifted off into his own dream world, though he would easily be awoken.

Vavatine

Vavatine
C-Tier
C-Tier
The young Imuchakk girl was rather entertained with the small creature she was playing with, but when she heard the man speak and warn her about not crushing it, she scoffed and rolled her eyes. Never in her life had she accidentally killed something due to her strength. She was always gentle, always aware of her incomparable strength, even as a child. "I'm not that reckless," she responded with a slight tone of annoyance.

She then stood and dusted herself off. "I need to go anyway. I have other things I need to do back in my village."

With that, she bid the man farewell and sauntered out into the blizzard to make her way back home.

[EXIT]

The Winter Huntsman (Social, Vodarara, Vavantine) 0WmUfDe

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier
It would be sometime before dawn the hunter would move on from this location, it was only one of his many outposts and stop points around the Icepack and he had the habit of moving between area’s regularly though he did have a few more permanent stop offs if he was stopping anywhere specifically for certain hunting seasons or passes which animals would travel along.

It was interesting to see that there were some locals whom were less aggressive to outsiders than others though he did view there aggressiveness to outsiders to be for the best, you should trust others that often all that will lead to is something going wrong, though it was also his land at least in his view or at least he was a part of that land.

At the end of the day at least in his eyes it was good to be unrelaxed around the unknown, because it could bring many things and you would have to predict its routes, though this was his own rambling……

[exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum