You are not connected. Please login or register

A Curious Mind [Job - Kaveh

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Curious Mind [Job - Kaveh Empty A Curious Mind [Job - Kaveh 06/05/15, 03:14 pm

Kaveh Issa

Kaveh Issa
β-Tier
β-Tier

When the sun began to set was really the only time that Kaveh was able to read and reflect on his days. This night was one of the better one of those moments that he has had in a while. However, he didn't do much reading. He questioned the different colored rukh that had started to appear around him. They weren't too prevalent, most times he couldn't even notice them. There were other times though, that he saw them in abundance. Those moments weren't too consistent so he didn't think to bring it up to his mother. He felt no shame in it, though. He knew that she was the wiser magician between the two of them. He just didn't think it to be much of a problem...

He was also preoccupied with staring at the three paged booklet he received at the construction site. It still seemed like gibberish to him. The symbols were nothing like the language that they used and it was starting to frustrate the man a bit. Why would someone use such meaningless symbols to try and get a message across. Perhaps it was a secret message then? If the public couldn't readily identify the meaning behind the symbols, it had to be used for something secretive and life altering then, right?! Kaveh's chocolate eyes started to light up with excitement. What if it really was something secretive! What if his musings weren't just silly ideas of fantasy?!

Before the red magician could further entertain his ridiculous notions, there was a knock on his door. The magician couldn't help but to stare at the door for a moment as he reasoned out the situation in his mind. The hour of night that it was wouldn't allow for a great variety of people to come to his home. He didn't know of ANY people who would still be out and about at this time. Kaveh grabbed his pipe and held it firmly in his hand as he went to the door. His mother was asleep and he hoped that it would remain so. He didn't want her to lose any sleep over something that wasn't worth losing sleep.

When he got to the door, he opened it without a word. What he saw afterwards was a little weird. It was an older man accompanied by a younger, taller man. Neither of them were wearing clothes that were true to the people of the region. Kaveh could instantly tell that these weren't men of Heliohapt. An awkward silence ensued between the three of them for a few seconds. Kaveh then gave them his smile and stepped to the side, "Please. Come in." The men entered slowly, the cautiousness of their steps was clearly apparent. Even so, Kaveh stifled his chuckle and played the good host for the time being.

"Please don't be too loud, my mother is old and weary. She's in the back room asleep right now. Can I offer you men a drink? Water?" The two men denied and Kaveh sat down across from them. While he was up, he had retrieved his bag of tobacco and began to pack it into his pipe as he sat down. "Well... who are you gentlemen, and what can I do for you?" The two men looked at each other as Kaveh grinned and leaned back in his chair, putting the mouth bit of his pipe into his mouth.

"Ahem. Well," the shorter older of the men started to speak up, "We are two members of the Historical Society's Heliohapt branch. I am Akmet, a native of Heliohapt. My younger friend here is one of the combat experts of the Society. His name is Hassan. We have been here for the last few months restarted an excavation of a few of the Torran ruins." Kaveh gave them men a confused look at the word Torran. Akmet chuckled a bit and stroked his long grey beard before continuing. "The Torran are an ancient race of people. Said to have lived before the civilization of Heliohapt was founded! This ancient civilization could be the key to so many things in this life. So the Historical Society have been looking into them to gain as much information of them as possible. However... The ruins here, Hassan and I can't enter. Hassan has to return soon and I am too old to venture down into those ruins."

The elder man fiddled with his hat on top of the dining table. He knew that Kaveh probably wasn't interested, so he would have to hit the man with his request quickly. At least while he still had Kaveh's attention. "This is where you come in! We have received word that there was an outsider who was helping with the reconstruction of some of Heliohapts greater buildings and areas. I had to seek you out. I need your help. I need you to go down into the ruins and obtain a tome and a couple of artifacts for us." Akmet looked to Kaveh with hopeful eyes, hoping Kaveh would assist the elderly man.

Kaveh sighed and crossed his arms. Hm. The Torran people sound... interesting. If that civilization is older than Heliohapt's.... just think of the knowledge that could be down there. The red magician's eyes snapped open and he gave the men another smile. "I'll do it! My only request is that you stick around here and help my mother while I'm down there. If you can do that, then I'll see you guys tomorrow!" Kaveh was already making plans for his dive into the ruins. The two members of the Historical Society celebrated quietly and thanked Kaveh before leaving. The red magician was left to get some rest, preparing for new knowledge.
Word Count: 500+/500

──────────────────────────────────────────────

A Curious Mind [Job - Kaveh 2q99e3c

2A Curious Mind [Job - Kaveh Empty Re: A Curious Mind [Job - Kaveh 07/05/15, 03:02 am

Kaveh Issa

Kaveh Issa
β-Tier
β-Tier

The next morning, Kaveh informed his mother about the visitors from the night before. She had a worried look on her face, realizing how her son's curiosity was taking control of his actions. She expressed her concerns of Kaveh's obsession with learning new things and sating his curiosity. The magician was confused by his mother's concern. How could thirsting for knowledge be a bad thing? Was it really so wrong for him to try his best to satisfy his curiosity to the fullest extent of his capabilities? Well... he certainly didn't think so. He thought that it was perfectly normal for him to go after his thirst for knowledge with a fiery passion.

Shortly after, Kaveh left his home with his magic carpet wrapped around his body like a cloak. He decided to not be seen any further riding the magical carpet. It was a tool in his arsenal that he didn't want everyone knowing about. He made his way to the ruin site slowly, having traveled by foot. The red magician was met by the two members of the Historical Society and a couple of guards from the Golden Palace. Apparently the Pharaoh has some interest in this place as well. Is he trying to keep us from learning about the Torran people? Kaveh couldn't help but think.

Soon the guards spoke up and dispelled the young magician's thoughts. "We were informed of your arrival. You stand before one of the ruins of the Torran people. Be careful not to damage any of the artifacts within this temple. Be careful." Kaveh was a little confused at the words of warning from the guard. He thought that the men were legitimately concerned for the safety of one of their citizens until their faces became hard again. Kaveh shook the fantastic thoughts from his mind, knowing that they just didn't want any damage to come to the precious artifacts. With a solemn nod, Kaveh entered the entrance of the ruins, instantly having to take a flight of stairs down into the dephts of the temple.

3A Curious Mind [Job - Kaveh Empty Re: A Curious Mind [Job - Kaveh 10/05/15, 02:34 pm

Kaveh Issa

Kaveh Issa
β-Tier
β-Tier

As the magician descended into the ruins, things became darker and darker. He was honestly surprised by this. There weren't any torches lit. Perhaps he was the first to go into this ruin? This suddenly became exciting for the man. To think, Kaveh Issa would be the first man into these Torran Ruins and see what the mysteries they held. Kaveh couldn't help but smile. He was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't notice how dark the ruins had actually become. He was snapped from his imagination when the staircase ended, though. He blinked a few times in the darkness and sighed at the thought of not being able to see what was around him. He turned around and could faintly see the light from outside, though. That was at least something, right?

Before he walked further, Kaveh was determined for light. Luckily, he was a heat magician. It wouldn't be as difficult for him as it would be for others. "Guide me." The command was short and sweet, but the rukh followed his wishes nonetheless. A small fireball formed in front of Kaveh. It was around forty-five centimeters wide, but the light it emitted was astounding. It remained in front of the magician as he explored the temple.

Kaveh was completely in awe from what he saw. The markings that appeared on the little booklet he found matched the markings along the temple walls exactly. He blinked and could only imagine what they could mean. He spent the majority of his time beneath the sand looking at the details of the ruins. So this is how Archeologists feel eh? Every time? Who could blame them! He thought to himself as he continued his exploration.

The red magician found himself in what seemed to be a library of sorts. There were stacks of books strewn about the ground and even shelves dedicated to housing them. This was what Kaveh wanted. He could feel a tingling feeling throughout his body. Mere books have never done this to him before. There was something about the idea of Torran people. Something that drove him to be ever curious. Kaveh picked up one of the tomes and simply flipped through its pages, staring at the unfamiliar characters within. He knew that he couldn't understand it, but just being able to thumb through the document was enough for him.

"I guess I've been here long enough..." He mused aloud. He had three of the tomes stacked on top of each other, having thumbed through all of them. "I can't take all of these back with me though..." He thought to himself as he just grabbed two of the large books. As he was leaving the temple, he happened across a strange looking chalice as well. Well.. they wanted me to bring back tomes and an artifact... He thought to himself before grabbing the chalice as well. With the two tomes in hand and the chalice in hand, Kaveh made his way back to the exit.

Kaveh made his way back to his home with the artifacts in tow. He told the Historical Society members to remain at his home with his mother, so he was hoping that they'd fulfill his request. When he returned he noticed that his mother and Akmet were talking over cups of tea. Hassan was over in the main room meditating... or sleeping. Kaveh released a sigh of relief and smiled at the three people as he walked into his home. "I've returned with gifts!"

Akmet and Hassan turned their attention to the young man who had just arrived. Hassan stood from his seated position and walked over to stand next to Akmet. Akmet, on the other hand, began examining the two tomes and the chalice. Kaveh cleared his throat a bit and spoke up, "I know you asked for an artifact and a tome... but I brought the second for my own pleasure. I would like to keep it, since I did explore the temple for you. I want to try and figure out the meaning behind these symbols myself." Akmet looked to Hassan and then back to Kaveh. The two archeologists were met with Kaveh's signature smile.

Akmet sighed and nodded. "Very well. See that as our token of gratitude. I hope that we could see you work with us more in the future." Kaveh nodded and bowed, showing his appreciation. The two men packed up and left shortly after. Kaveh, was like a child again when they left. He was thumbing through the pages again, showing his mother the strange markings that denoted the Torran Language. She, on the other hand, played her role perfectly. This was proof that she was an experienced mother, supposedly. She nodded and smiled, ooing and ah'ing when her son was truly amazed with something she was shown. Before long, though, she began to tire and went to bed. Kaveh was still up through the hours of the night, fawning over the tome..
--EXIT--

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum