You are not connected. Please login or register

Coastal Caves, Undead Knaves [Solo/Job]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Mission Details:

Garret found himself on the road, horseback riding, beside a number of similar swords-for-hire. He was cloaked, head to toe, in clothing; the norm, for when he was hiding his identity. Sometimes it made it difficult to find work, but he always preferred the anonymity. The spring breeze flowed against his body, the fresh scents of nature carried by the wind. To either side of the road was healthy green grass, with hills in the distance that slightly obstructed sight. Earlier that week, he had found work as a caravan guard. The line of coaches and wagons which he was hired by was one which transported construction supplies. His guard detail was about to end as they were approaching their destination, Portsmouth. Though Garret was unaware of this, these merchants were in Portsmouth to drop off some supplies and pick up some other goods, which would eventually make its way towards Kios.

The attacks on the caravan itself were few and far between, as most of the time the goods were not easily resold or transportable... Though there were the valuables and money owned by the merchants that could be taken. It was for this reason that one should not simply relax while they had guard duty. Garret sighed, keeping a lookout for anything suspicious. There was nothing that warranted action, and they made it into the city without any difficulties.

As the day drew onward, and dusk quickly approached, Garret looked over the horizon towards the brilliant orange light behind them, to their west. The scenery seems so tranquil... It was a far cry from the battles that were fought, just a few months prior. Turning his attention back to the road ahead, Garret took note that they had just finished moving over a hill, and Portsmouth was in the distance.

OOC:

Word Count: 304/1500

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Garret sat back, waiting for his order to arrive. After having collected the second payment from the guard contract, he had made arrangements to eat at a nearby food stall he had been to in the past. The influence of Kou here wasn't terribly strong, yet it was stronger than in other parts of Reim. When the food arrived, Garret removed his face mask while keeping his hood over his face. After trying a few bites, he hid his displeasure in a mask of impartiality. This food... Is incredibly bland... His thoughts on the matter were short-lived, as his concentration was taken away by a pair of patrons nearby.

"It's true, I tell ya! They even sent some of the town's guard to go and take a look into things... Senius' son... He never returned." The man shook his head, looking at his friend. It seemed as if there was some sort of disturbance in a nearby town, and the two continued to speak of it.

"Hmm. So, what do they plan on doing then? Surely they can't just leave things as they are?" Any doubt that the man may have had seemed to have been removed at the mention of Senius' son disappearing with an entire patrol from the town. The topic of the evening was certainly creating a heavy mood between the two.

"That's why I'm here, cousin. I've already petitioned the local constabulary, but they seem to already have their hands full here... My only other choice is to try to hire mercenaries." The desperation in his voice was edging towards panic, held in check only by some sense of duty.

Garret cleared his throat, turning to the men. "I couldn't help but overhear your conversation... I'm looking for work, and I'm skilled with a blade. You'll get results from me." Garret's voice was confident; he found that projecting a level of confidence could put a prospective client's worries at ease, and make him seem like a good choice to hedge one's bets upon. He made certain not to over-promote his capabilities, however, as he did not wish to have his evaluation misconstrued as being over-confident and boisterous. His left hand rested upon the hilt of one of the two blades sheathed on his left side, and he awaited their response.

OOC:

Job Word Count: 697/1500

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The first man looked towards Garret, who had interrupted their conversation. Looking the blue magician up and down, he snorted. "You don't have a lot on ya, kid. Care to show me your strength?" He placed his right elbow upon the table, his arm perpendicular to the wall and his hand an open invitation. With an eyebrow raised, the middle-aged man waited for Garret's reply.

Hmmm. I suppose this must be my test. Garret shifted his body, the new angle partially revealing his face from beneath the hood. Garret placed his own elbow upon the table, clasping the other man's hand with his own. Using Magoi Manipulation through Buoyant Strength, Garret prepared himself for the 'interview'. The third man was the judge, declaring the start of the match.

The first man who spoke immediately put his strength into bringing Garret's arm down. Garret resisted, using only enough of his power to keep his arm stationary. Defeating him right off the bat wouldn't give his prospective employer a good grasp of his capabilities. He would need to market his skills by showing the man that he could resist all attempts from him before slowly and calmly claiming his own victory. Within the minute, Garret had won the respect needed from the job with his display of strength. "Alright, I'll admit it, you're stronger than the average guy... Dunno how you do it, seeing how small you are... The name's Fin. Fin Glanius. This here is my buddy Titus Sectus." The man introduced his friend, and explained how he would be gathering others as well.

Though Garret wanted to refuse the extra hands, as he preferred to work alone, he knew that he wouldn't have a say in his client's choices. The man continued by declaring a meeting spot for them to get to, tomorrow mid-afternoon. Garret agreed to the terms, and left the stall after paying for his food. He would prepare himself for the following day.

OOC:

Job Word Count: 1030/1500

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Preparations were complete, and his equipment was ready to go. Garret mounted his horse and Garret made his appearance at the designated spot at the designated time. It seemed that there were four others that had answered the summons from the villager. A thin, gaunt-looking man with red hair and red eyes; likely of Fanalis descent. He held a series of knives on his belt, as well as strange chakrim-looking blades stacked up on both hips. His eyes held a depth of callous darkness known only to those who had traveled and lived on the underbelly of society. Garret had seen plenty like them, when he was still an active agent. A quick size-up of the man lead Garret to believe that he had a similar skill level as a cell leader.

There was another man, somewhat large in stature, who carried a steady war-hammer. The sight of the weapon was like a novelty to Garret, who preferred lighter weapons for agile combat. Though he was not a fan of them himself, Garret did not miss the aura of strength that the man emitted. It was a silent one, like a calm river, but Garret could feel the depth to it. The undercurrents were powerful, and could sweep a person up in them. He held a similar air as some of the coliseum opponents that the blue magician had been up against in the past. Rocky, a man Garret had slain, came to the forefront of his mind.

Lastly, there was a woman. She was unique, in that Garret could not obtain a read on her at all. From her nationality all the way up to the means in which she executed combat; all were a mystery. Her clothing, her looks, her mannerisms. All were nondescript. Martial arts? Beast taming? Hidden weapons? She looks like she has all sorts of openings... The very fact that he couldn't get a read on her was almost a testament to her skill or strength in and of itself. After the initial sizing up of each other, and basic introductions (Garret introducing himself as Vardreth), the group moved on its way to the coastal fishing village which was two days ride, south of Portsmouth.

He had learned that the Fanalis man's name was Faustus, though that was likely a false name that he operated under. The well-muscled man's name was Maxentius, who seemed to have an air of purity and righteousness about him. The woman went by Razelin. Huh. Strange name... Perhaps she is from a nomadic tribe?

The trip to the fishing village was uneventful. Something Garret welcomed, in his jobs; the less he had to do in order to complete it, the better, though he never shirked his duty. Once at the village the group determined that they would first eat dinner, sleep, and then tackle the cavern in question before dusk set the next day.

OOC:

Job word count: 1518/1500

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The group approached the cavern that the village had been concerned about. Their guide, a fisherman from the small group, explained that he was unwilling to take them any further. He left them at the beach-head that existed just before the corner that would lead to the cavern in question. Garret watched the man's receding form for just a moment before he turned back to the group he was traveling with. They all met each others eyes before silently walking towards their destination. Though they had left the village at midday, it was already approaching early evening.

The group's pace increased. Although they had brought torches along with them, their individual desires to finish this job before nightfall was evident. A winding path of rock led them off the beach and towards the direction of the cavern. The oncoming waves crashed against the rock outcropping, but not quite high enough to cause their walking surface to be slippery. Even so, each person was careful. Garret was leading the way, Faustus having insisted on going second. Lagging behind him was the woman, Razelin, with Maxentius bringing up the rear-guard.

They soon reached the mouth of the cave, which had a stream of water flow into it for some distance. Garret looked around the corner, sizing it up while holding his hand out to signal a halt in their formation. Noticing there was nothing waiting for them at the entrance, Garret let out the breath he was withholding. "It's clear." His shoulders relaxed, ever so slightly, and he entered into the opening. The cavern had a much wider space to walk upon, which was mirrored on the opposite side, although the water ran down the center. Garret prepared his torch, getting ready to light it up, when Faustus snorted.

"Look, Vardreth. I don't think we'll work well together. You're just going to waltz right in, with your torch lit bright, eh? I'm not in the mood for suicide, so I think I'll go ahead first." Without awaiting any response, the man jumped to the opposite side of the cavern, clearing the water that separated the two sides with no issues before running down the side as silently as a mouse, but with the speed his race was known for. The only other words he parted with were more taunting than anything else. "Once I take care of everything, I'll be taking everyone's share of the reward~!"

Garret looked to the other two, noting Maxentius looking concerned... And Razelin flustered. With a strength that one would not expect from such a small woman, Razelin followed Faustus' actions, jumping across the clearing with no issue and making haste at a slower pace but an equal level of silence. She said nothing as she departed. Sighing, Garret finished lighting the torch and held it in his left hand, drawing his blade Desceld in his right. He looked back towards Maxentius and raised an eyebrow. "Well, lets see if we miss out on anything, or if the villagers are simply imagining things."

Maxentius grunted, following behind Garret and keeping an eye out on their surroundings. The two of them moved at a much slower rate, simply power walking the distance. "I don't believe the villagers are wrong to fear. A patrol went missing. If it were but one or two men, I could see. But a full strength patrol? That is cause for concern." The man made some small talk, his war-hammer resting lazily upon his shoulder while he used his hand to maintain its balance. Though his manner of movement seemed to leave him with a few openings, he was extremely alert for any dangers which would possibly approach.

Garret briefly turned his head back tot he man, surprised he didn't recognize his prior words as sarcasm. The blue magician was also certain that there was something in this cavern, something below the earth. "You know... I think you're on to something. Got any ideas on what it might be?" The man wasn't a terrible talking partner, and so Garret kept his words somewhat polite even though a portion of them were somewhat teasing.

The muscular man chuckled before speaking. "Maybe bandits. Maybe smugglers. Slavers. This alcove here is perfect for bringing in boats from the ocean. You could load and unload a variety of things from within. Keep it hidden from others." He was no stranger to such things, it seemed, as his deduction seemed to be based on a knowledge of similar such places, which was shortly confirmed. "I once broke up a slaver ring that used some caves like this about half a year ago, shortly after Emperor Lagi outlawed slavery. That law... I respect the Emperor for it, as no man is meant to be another man's slave."

Garret kept back any political comments, curious as to this man's prior accomplishments. "So, you seem to be a man of strong moral code. Do you often take these sorts of jobs, then?" Garret was aiming to learn more about this man. To make a connection in the world of mercenaries. Sometimes a job wasn't just based on what you knew but who you knew. They kept their conversation in whispers, but placed most of their focus on keeping an eye out for any problems.

"Yea. Protecting the innocent against all sorts of scum for the past fifteen years. How about yourself? What brings you down this line of work?" And there it was. The man was sizing up Garret's own motives for helping out. His story had a ring of truth to it, making the man out to be a veteran in this field of work.

Garret considered the man's words carefully. He felt that if he lied, he would be seen straight through. Choosing something of honesty over deceit, he told the truth. "Mostly to stay busy, but the money isn't bad. I actually just recently entered the business, so I'm pretty new to the whole thing. Before this, I was protecting a merchant's caravan."

Maxentius nodded, commenting on Garret's response. "Yes, you are a new face. But that's not surprising, there are always new faces popping up here and there, before disappearing never to be seen again." The lighthearted manner that the older mercenary said it was free of any kind of malice, but the implication remained. Those who took on this sort of work found out quick whether they liked it, or whether they were skilled enough for it. The first would not be such a problem, but the second had the potential of death involved.

Before Garret could say anything further, their conversation was interrupted by the sudden clang of blades clashing. The sound of battle caused both men to pause and look at each other, before looking back to the direction of the sounds...

OOC:

A-Tier Ability Training Word Count: 1156/1500

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The two ran forward as fast as they could. The clacking of their feet falling on the ground made a rhythmic sound, though it was not enough to drown out the sounds of battle ahead. As they approached a bend, Garret noticed there was light from up ahead. He turned to speak to Maxentius, whom he had assumed was trailing far behind him, only to find him much closer behind him than he had originally imagined. They continued to round the corner, noticing that the division between the two sides had stopped. Garret mentally took note of the simple row boats that were docked there, but it was nothing more than a glancing interest as he continued running.

"Get ready!" The words were more for letting Maxentius know that something was about to happen, than actual advice. Garret immediately began sending Magoi through his body, increasing its speed of movement. It was close to the pinnacle of the River Styx style, and on the same level as Yua's skill; River Styx Style: Floating Body Alleviating Technique. Garret fully rounded the corner, Desceld in hand, and nearly came to a standstill at the sight before him.

Decayed bodies.

That alone was neither new nor disquieting to the blue magician. What had given him pause was the fact that they were still moving. He saw Faustus desperately flinging chakram at his opponents, jumping off into the air to avoid their strikes. Each time he jumped, Garret noticed that the woman, Razelin, made an attack of her own. Her arm grew to great lengths and size, wiping out half a dozen with a single blow. Garret threw the torch in his left hand towards one such zombie, which ended up lodging itself into the creature's skull. It went up in flames, though Garret did not bother watching; he no longer needing the torch to see as there were plenty in the sconces that dotted the walls. With the free hand, Garret drew Nidhogg and stepped into combat.

In the melee, his speed was second to none. A blade came towards him, and he ducked while thrusting his sword, cutting into one creature's stomach. The strike did not seem to slow it down, and so Garret dragged the blade with as much force as he could, slicing diagonally and destroying its ability to freely move. As he did so, another three strikes came at him; two from the right, and one from the left. Using his blade, he guided one of the blades on his right into the second blade, blocking both attacks while simultaneously striking at the blade on his left, shattering the poor quality weapon and giving him a short break from the simultaneous attacks. He burst backwards only to notice Maxentius charge forward, his war-hammer held high. The downward strike from the monstrous weapon completely crushed the skull of one of the zombies that had just engaged Garret in combat.

"Looks like you won't be taking the credit for all of this, Faustus!" He could not spare a look to the man's direction, instead calling out a joking taunt to the man to see if he still lived.

"Suck on eggs, Vardreth!" The man had identified who was speaking, and made a responsive quip back just as he slew another two of the creatures. "They just keep coming! FUCK!" The last scream sounded like the creature had struck him, but the reason for the expletive was revealed shortly after. "THAT WAS MY FAVORITE CUFF!"

Garret snorted, jumping forward once more at the incredible speed his Magoi Manipulation allowed him to travel at. His blade swung, destroying another one of the Undead Soldiers. It was at this moment that three Undead Soldiers jumped into the air, falling down rapidly towards Garret with their Swords of the death. Their speed was commendable, but it was almost akin to slow motion as Garret raised his blade up, horizontally, and intercepted their attacks with Desceld alone. The strength of the blow was beyond Garret's expectations, and the blue magician found himself kneeling upon the ground as his blade struggled to hold back the attacks...

OOC:
[310/350]
A-Tier Ability Training Word Count: 1860/1500
Kill Count: 1 Undead Soldier

Abilities Used/trained:

Items Used:

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Shouting a scream of effort, Garret's muscles tightened even as he continued to push forward the Floating Body Alleviating Technique. His right arm continued to struggle, but his left was free and Nidhogg cut through the leg of the center Undead Soldier, causing it to crumble to the floor. With the sudden loss in resistance, Garret used the chance to dash forward between the two. His legs twisted, his feet landing perpendicularly to each other. With a twist of his hips, his legs un-twined with the strength of a spring, and Garret held out both Desceld and Nidhogg while his upper body spun like a top for a fraction of a second. The heads of both of the Undead Soldiers rolled to the ground, but Garret was already gone.

Moving forward, he cut into two more zombies. A blade from one of the creatures cut down towards his head, but the space the blue magician had occupied a fraction of a second ago was already empty, while the Undead Soldier that had attacked was now headless due to a passing blow from Desceld. Garret found himself fighting side-by-side with Maxentius, but neither man spared much time for talk. The two covered each other for temporary openings, Garret rolling off the man's back while defending against an attack and simultaneously slicing an arm off of another Undead Soldier through the use of Nidhogg.

An arrow struck Maxentius just as Garret finished cutting down another creature. The blow itself did not create a dire wound, but the shout that had been the result of the blow was enough to draw Garret's attention to the back line of the undead army that had been gathered here. "ARCHERS IN THE BACK ROW!" The threat from a back line enemy such as archers or magicians would cause their morale to drop; if something wasn't done, the split attention between fighting both a melee and a ranged battle simultaneously had the potential to over-strain them.

Garret ran up to one of the undead soldiers with an incredible speed and, faster than it could react, he spring-boarded from the creature's back with Water Falls in Reverse, throwing a twisting force on his body as he jumped. As he spun, Garret noticed Faustus throwing his Chakram towards the back line as well, taking out several of the archers who were standing in a slightly elevated position. Garret briefly wondered how they had elevated themselves as his spinning allowed him to dodge two arrows that were shot towards him... But it seemed that the Undead Soldiers from below were awaiting his landing, and had their blades ready in anticipation. Suppressing his Borg, Garret drew his feet close to him and pointed both blades down. He did not have the necessary blade work to defend against the oncoming attacks, but he would not allow his cover to be blown so easily.

Cuts, scrapes and bruises rained down upon him as he spun once more and destroyed several weapons while also killing more of the undead soldiers; the second portion of his jump began shortly after he landed, but this time it was towards the wall. A few of the archers shot at him as he moved through the air with their Arrow of the Death, but Garret knocked them aside with Pond Reflects the Moon and Destructive Flow just as one of his feet touched the wall. The blue magician wasted no time kicking off of the wall with the help of Stepping Stones, prolonging his jump and closing the remaining gap between himself and the Undead Archers.

Three of the remaining six drew their daggers for close combat and worked as a screen while the other three got themselves set up behind them in preparation for raining arrows into their melee. Garret kicked off the ground, once more, and flipped over the front line of the undead archers, only to strike those three Undead Archers which were in the back with a long strike of his blade, their individual life forces severed as he did so. Such shabby response times... I suppose it does not help that I am moving at a speed increased greatly by Magoi Manipulation. The remaining three undead archers were upon him, striking at him in a stabbing motion with their daggers. A sidestep was all each strike took to dodge, and a smartly positioned sword blow to their skulls ensured a smooth release from their immortal coil. Garret's breathing was deep, but even so he could begin to feel the effects of the fight wearing upon him.

The others were still desperately fighting, but for now they could rest at ease knowing that there were no more archers. Giving himself no further rest, Garret immediately dove back into the ranks of the undead, flowing against them like an unstoppable tide of destruction. Garret's technique had made it seem as if time itself was slowed when the undead fought against him.

Suddenly there was a scream of anguish, and Garret snapped his head towards the direction of it. He saw one of the other mercenaries, Faustus, impaled in the shoulder by a powerful looking being. Green flames coated the creature's blade and Faustus' face was cringing in great pain. Garret pointed Desceld towards the mercenary, feeding a portion of his own Magoi into his blade and activating the Gold Dragon's Blessing. The Rukh formed a golden creature, whose features were well defined as that of a dragon. The Dragon's appearance caught the attention of every undead creature in that room, and the battle paused for just a moment as all eyes were transfixed on its swift movement as it sunk into the chest of Faustus.

The Undead Captain let out a wretched howl as it kicked off the wall with its Flash Step, covering the distance between Garret and itself. The Undead Soldiers around Garret immediately made room for the blue magician as the movements of what seemed to be their leader spurred the battle on once more, engaging all those but Garret in combat. He had no time to see how effective his healing had been for Faustus as the Undead Captain lunged towards Garret with a powerful blow that rang against Garret's own sword.

The blue magician responded with his free blade, aiming to strike at the creature's skull with a high-speed strike. As if sensing the tide of that movement before Garret even began it, the creature struck him with a Roar of the Death, pushing Garret back several meters and allowing the Undead Captain a chance at living. It wrapped its blade in green flames once more and brandished the sword in Garret's direction. The blue magician took up a stance, preparing himself for a deadly crossing of techniques, and stared the undead creature down straight into its glowing red eyes. Garret's left blade was held on a horizontal plane, with the tip pointing behind Garret and to the right. A preparatory position for a horizontal slash. The right blade was held above his head, with the blade at a diagonal and the tip pointing to the creature's head. The two paused, and Garret ran a number of scenarios within his mind before the Undead Captain burst forward. Garret waited, knowing that his movement was far faster than his opponents, until the right timing. With a simple push off of the ground, Garret sped towards the Undead Captain and released a technique he had not yet used on an opponent; the River Splitter. Though the technique was executed perfectly, and Garret's timing was superb, the blade was met in mid-flight by the creature's Green Glisdr. The magoi fought against the magic of the blade, and the two energies simultaneously fizzled out.

The clash was Garret's victory.

During the time that the two blades were just a moments ways away from clashing, Garret's right arm changed the elbow's position and pulled the sword Desceld on a slight diagonal angle from the left of the Undead Captain's jawline through to the bottom right of the creature's neck. Garret kicked the head away, but there was still work left to do; a portion of the undead still counted themselves among the moving.

Alongside the mercenaries, Garret made quick work of the remaining. The whole lot of the group was sweating at the end of the fight, and Faustus' arm seemed to be at a point where, at the very least, it was not bleeding. "Don't expect... me to think... I owe you a debt." The man scowled, panting heavily from the battle and from the effects of having lost blood.

Razelin shook her head. "Perhaps he can just take a portion of your share, eh?" That generated a laugh from Maxentius, as well as herself, but placed a scowl on Faustus' face as the words he had spoken earlier were thrown back into his face.

"Relax, I'm not interested in a portion of anyone else's share." They had all worked hard to destroy these creatures, and they should all be paid for their efforts. Garret was unconcerned with the division of work between the group, though Maxentius did comment that he wouldn't have minded, considering the circumstances.

"That blade work... From where did you learn it?" The others feigned disinterest, though they kept an ear out on Garret's words. It was not every day that one fought alongside or against a man who could move swifter than most could swing a blade.

Garret looked around carefully, as if making sure their group was the only one there. A grim look placed itself on his face as he focused back onto Maxentius. Placing a finger on his lips. "Trade secret." The grim look was replaced with a grin as the man chuckled, and the tense atmosphere devolved into one of dry amusement. The group caught their breath and began exploring the rest of the cave, but finding nothing else. They made their way out, noticing that it was getting late at night. "We should suggest they destroy the entrance here, so this doesn't happen again. We don't know how this happened, nor do we know if there is somebody or something else behind this..."

Maxentius nodded in agreement, though neither Faustus nor Razelin seemed to care to weigh in on the decision.

OOC:

[150/350]
A-Tier Ability Training Word Count: 1747/1500
Kill count: 5 (1+4) Undead Soldiers, 3 Undead Archers, 1 Undead Captain.

Abilities used:

Ability Trained:

Items Used:

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Taking the heads of a couple of the undead, they left the cavern to regroup at the fisher's village. Along the way, Garret glanced over towards Faustus and noticed that his wounds seemed mostly healed. He had used some sort of concoction that not only stopped the bleeding, but seemed to reinforce his body's ability and speed in healing naturally. Garret looked towards Maxentius. "You've got a lot of experience... Have you ever seen anything like this before?" Garret knew that, occasionally, those who were on the cusp of dying, or having died recently, would rise once more and live as if they had never been near death.

This situation was nothing like that.

"No... This is my first time seeing anything like this. You two?" He looked over to Faustus and Razelin. The two had a fairly subdued ambiance about them, since the matter in the cave.

The question seemed to have stirred Faustus, who shuddered. "Look. I've seen some dark shit, but this is something on another level entirely. What we found in there... They had a terrible B.O., which I would be able to recognize anywhere." A forced smile was plastered on his face as he attempted to make light of the situation before faltering and ultimately turning back to a brooding frown.

"Neither have I seen such a thing." Razelin's troubled face crossed paths with Maxentius, but she spoke no further on the subject. The woman elected to walk in silence.

When they reached the village, they made way to their contact's house. Throwing the small bag of the Undead heads, the group reported what they had found. The man's face went ashen at the description, and thanked the group profusely for removing the creatures. "That's not all, however. We did not find any traces of how they came to be, and there were not enough boats in the cavern to account for the number of these creatures we found..."

At the sight of confusion on the man's face, Maxentius interjected and explained. "What he means by this is that the root cause is still out there. And it could return. You need to get that entrance patched up somehow. If you could get the military to bring explosives, that would be your best bet. You could always build a sturdy stone wall, however. You could also have miners intentionally create a cave-in." He spoke with the experience he claimed to have, and immediately gave the man a few contacts for each route if he wanted to pursue them. The group was paid, and both Razelin and Faustus disappeared as if they had never set foot in the village.

Garret wasn't in as big of a hurry, but as he approached the door he felt a hand rest on his shoulder. Looking towards the owner of the hand, Garret's face held a questioning look.

"I'll be seeing you around, rookie. Your performance today was promising." There was a warm smile on the man's face before he patted Garret on the shoulder and lightly pushed him forward.

Garret smiled; a contact was a contact. "That is, if I find this is the job for me." Something Maxentius said earlier, brought back into the current conversation as an amusing quote. The two chuckled, and went their separate ways.

When he had gotten home, Garret removed the mask he had been wearing over his face. While not nearly as skillfully made as the one he had most recently seen, it was enough to pass his face off as different. His skill with the disguise was developing further and further as time went on.

[exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum