Scouring for Talent

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Scouring for Talent Empty Scouring for Talent 05/04/15, 09:52 pm

Bahir

Bahir
β-Tier
β-Tier

Assignment Details:
Bahir had officially agreed to become Emperor Lagi's personal spy and assassin. That means that it was now his responsibility to keep his ears to the ground in order to find out about any suspicious talks going on throughout the Reim Empire. He couldn't possibly do this on his own, though. Despite having the senses and speed of a Fanalis, Bahir couldn't track everything going on throughout the country all at once. It just wasn't humanly possible! He would need the help of other people. This meant that he would have to go out and find people to train and become his assistants in this information network.

Bahir knew exactly what kind of people he wanted for this. The people who have nothing will work the hardest to get everything. Those were the kind of people that Bahir wanted.. no... needed to work for him. The more he could trust that his spies would work harder, the more secure he would be in travelling to a different country to spy on possible threats. He stood in his room in the palace of Remano, preparing for his project. He stuffed multiple pouches with Huang and a few notes in them. The notes commended the reader with how well he was able to steal the pouch and offered the reader an opportunity of earning more Huang.

Bahir took these pouches down into the slum areas of Remano. With a total of ten pouches on his person with only one visible at a time, Bahir walked through the streets and alleyways. He bumped into a few people and noticed that his pouches were taken through the momentary contact. Hm.. Pickpockets eh? Not bad. He thought to himself as he went to a run down bar in the slums. He sat at the bar and paid for a drink for everyone there. He began to act as though he was in a drunken stupor. He could feel the eyes of the men and women in the bar staring at the two pouches on his hips. While he was drinking, the pouches were stolen and he continued to drink his glass of wine. Bold thieves... interesting! I like the courage.

Bahir slowly rose to his feet and started to drunkenly stumble out of the bar. As he passed through the doors, his walking sobered up immediately. He finished his act and continued to move along to the spot in the pouches were he had told the men and women to meet him. A few hours passed and he was surprised that all ten of the people who grabbed his pouch showed up. Bahir stood against a wall with his eyebrow arched. None of them thought that this was suspicious? Perhaps they are that desperate for extra Huang. he wondered as the group started to speak up. "Okay! We're here! So what's this opportunity you were talking about?!"

Bahir nodded and stood up straight. "I have been recently employed by Emperor Lagi." There was a group of the people who took steps backwards. This didn't sit well with Bahir and he narrowed his eyes. He stomped his food, using an alteration of his Downed Prey, and caused a fissure to form, circling him and the group. "Now. Before you go, I want you to know that you have broken no laws. Neither am I of authority to bring you to justice for whatever you have done before. The Emperor has employed me as his personal spy and assassin. I have agreed to these terms under... certain conditions. One of those conditions was for me to be able to employ my own group of spies to help me stay informed. I can not cover all of Remano, let alone Reim, on my own. You all are the few who passed my tests. You were the ones sneaky enough to be able to get close and steal my pouches. You will be paid by me bi-weekly if you pass all of my tests and complete your training. Do you accept?"

The people spoke amongst each other, not believing the story told to them. "Just why in tha hell should we believe you?! You don't have any kind of power here!" "Wait a minute. They did say that there was some fanalis going around following the Emperor everywhere he went now. Maybe this is that guy!" Bahir watched them argue amongst each other over him. He exhaled slowly through his nose before speaking again. "If you don't believe me... then leave and miss out on this chance. If you do believe me, don't breathe a word of this to anyone. I will be in the slums periodically to make sure you haven't told anyone any of this. In a week's time, I will begin training you in my ways of spying and assassination."

The chattering amongst the gathered rogues slowly died down and they all saluted Bahir, showing him that they were all interested in it. They were dismissed by Bahir and the fanalis turned to head back towards the palace.
Word Count: 842/500
Stamina: 150/160
Abilities Used:

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum