Hakuana Matata: Lion Assault [Job/ Merrze and Azix]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Job Info:

Merrze was glad that she would be able to help out with a job that she had been just assigned. ONe of her friends had complained that trade routes were being disrupted by something. When she heard about this she was told that there was a man from a trading company hiring people to take of what was causing it. She thought it was a good way to help out with the problems that are effecting the city while earning some cash on the side.

When she had gotten to the trading company, which was called the Eastern Reim Trading Co., had said two giant lions where attacking caravans that where on their way to the city. They informed her that they had sent out various people to stop the lions but most people had been killed or severely injured in the process.

"So now that you know about all that's happened are you still willing to do the job? There is someone else that would be coming to learn about the job but we'd like to send at least two people to handle this for safety reasons, we don't want anymore people to be killed or injured. I hope you're okay with working with someone else."

She mainly wanted to do this by herself but she was okay with working with someone else. The plus to this was she didn't have to worry about getting hurt as easy. Since she had no way of measuring how strong these lions were the fanalis thought having a teammate was reassuring. Merrze contemplated it for a bit longer then she had come to her decision.

"Sure I'm okay with working with someone else, like you said it could reduce casualties. And since there are two lions it would be easier for there to be two of us since if I fought two I would probably be overwhelmed and killed in the end. I'll just sit around and wait for this other person to show up if you don't mind."

She wasn't sure what type of person would be helping her since they didn't inform her in the slightest bit of what type of person would be helping her. The red head would rather know what she would have to work with but she didn't want to ask too many questions since they probably didn't know too much either except that they were told someone else was coming to hear specifics about the job.

She sat on a stool and thought about a couple of things, she was glad that she wasn't going to be fighting humans, she had seen enough bloodshed from the war and didn't want to see anymore people be sliced to bits, get pierced by arrows or even see people fly from the sky driving their fist through them. That last one was oddly specific and probably wouldn't happen again but still you never now what might happen out on the battle field.

She gave a slight sigh bored as if she had been here for hours wondering where the other person was, in the distance she heard someone approaching the building. She hoped it would be her partner for this job, she wondered what type of person was about to walk through that door.

Word Count: 546/1500

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Hakuana Matata: Lion Assault [Job/ Merrze and Azix] OJgAYLo

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Rumors that the Eastern Reim Trading Company needed assistance with wildlife had trickled down to Azix. Opportunity Hall had connections with several of the major transportation companies, so when Gilda mentioned the issue, the orange magician assumed she had learned of it from one of the workers. Azix set out immediately, hoping to build a relationship with the Trading Company that could be expanded into a partnership. Without the looming threat from Kou, Azix had time to branch out the Workforce program's opportunities.

Azix arrived at the office of the Eastern Reim Trading Co. and opened the door. Stepping inside, he started to approach the front desk when he saw a familiar redhead sitting to one side. He remembered seeing the woman participate in a couple of the rebellion's battles, but he did not know her name. He flashed her a friendly smile and dipped his head in greeting before turning to the person at the front desk.

"I heard that there have been some problems with wild animals attacking traders. I would like to offer my services," said Azix.

"Yes, but it is quite dangerou-"

Azix waved away the man's concern, "That goes without saying with wild animals that are known to attack humans. Just tell me where to go."

"Of course, she has all the details. We hired her to handle the problem as well." The man pointed to the Fanalis woman in the corner.

Azix flicked his gaze to Merrze and studied her for a moment before walking up to her. "Looks like we're partners. The name is Azix." He bowed deeply in respect before straightening his back. "Shall we go make some money?"

[277/1500]

Last edited by Azix Niraj on 19/03/15, 05:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

When the man walked in Merrze was sure that she had seen him somewhere before. It was on the tip of her head but she had no idea who he was. Was it possible that she had seen him during the rebellion, she wasn't sure but she did know for a fact that she had seen him before and he wasn't just one of those guys with that type of face.

When he walked over to her and bowed she was slightly surprised but she stood up and bowed back to show respect. She examined him a little to get a better examination of his character to try and see what type of man he was.

"Nice to meet you Azix, my name is Merrze but you can call me Merr, Mez or anything else that's not offensive. And hell yes I'm ready to go earn some money, let's go take care of this problem."

She started to walk out the door so they could head to the area where the lions where attacking people and causing these problems. It was going to be a short walk that would probably only take a half hour to get there. The walk would be a good time to chat unless he wanted to get there quickly and get the job done.

She walked out the door and started to head where they had to go. She hoped she wouldn't be leaving him in the dust but he would probably keep up with her speed. as she left the building she whistled at Fluffy who she had left outside while she was talking about the job. Fluffy had walked over to her side and began to follow her. He seemed like he was ready to go do the job or what would be playing to him.

"So Azix why don't you tell me about a bit bout yourself. Of course I will first share some info on what type of person I am to be far. I Come from Balbadd and I was born into a poor family, I won't go into to much detail but I eventually was separated from my parents and ended up living with a rich war veteran. He would raise me and teach me how to fight and I eventually left and found my way here to Reim which I enjoy very much and have been having fun here in the past couple of months. That's all there really is to say about myself, what about you?"

She didn't like to snoop much but she thought it was good to get feel for your partner in a mission. Se thought people would be able to work together that way plus it was a good way to pass time. But she did hope that her sudden talking about her life didn't frighten or surprise him at all. She didn't want to come off strong an make her self seem like some sort of creep who liked hearing about people's personal lives.

Word Count:1048/1500

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The Fanalis woman returned the bow with a friendly greeting. As she straightened her back, Azix took a closer look at her face and he let out a gasp as he recognized her. "Oh! I remember you, Merrze. You look different with two legs." He gave a hearty laugh, recalling that she had been part of the group that he had rescued during the Battle of Ostia. When she walked towards the door, Azix followed her outside to their destination.

Along the way, Merrze inquired about Azix and he arched a brow, not sure what she wanted to know. She continued speaking, revealing where she was born and sharing part of her past. Azix mused that Merrze was quite different from Ayero, the only other Fanalis woman he was accustumed to. Where Merrze was open about herself, Ayero was reserved. Well...most of the time at least. When Ayero got drunk she was inquisitive and enjoyed lewd topics. Just the memory of that one talk brought a blush to Azix's cheeks.

Azix cocked his head towards Merrze, "Me? My story is quite boring. I was born and raised in Kou. I was a prince, but my Father tried to overthrow his brother, the previous Emperor. I grew up the black sheep, spit upon by my own blood, till I was sent away to Heliohapt. Ended up in Reim, fought in the rebellion and assassinated Kou's Emperor with the help of my cousin."

Azix paused, suddenly realizing the large beast walking alongside the Fanalis woman. He pulled out his wand and aimed it at the creature. "Look out, I think it's one of the beasts!" A ten meter tall shadowy phantasm formed next to the orange magician. The Shadow Spawn lurched forward to attack the beast with one-meter long claws.

[300/330]

[277+299|576/1500]

Spoiler:

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Merrze chuckled a bit at the joke he made about her legs. She didn't tend to enjoy hearing about her past mistakes especially ones that hurt her like losing her legs. She was only really okay with it because she could tell that he didn't mean any harm.

"Yeah I guess it that might've been an important noticeable traits. But since you know about that I'm guessing you must have been one of the people who saved me when that had happened to me. If so then I must thank you for saving me."

The fanalis payed attention to his words about his life. It was pretty interesting and thought it's not everyday you meet someone who killed a king It was impressive which intrigued her to see how strong he was in combat but she would have to wait until they would actually get to the fighting.

"Oh yea that doesn't sound very exciting, I mean almost all of my friends went through a similar experience since that happens to most people one or twice in their life."

She was having fun until she heard him basically threatened to hurt Fluffy. She guessed that the magician didn't know about what the creatures actually were. The redhead guessed that she would try to stop him, hopefully she wouldn't have to use any force to stop his attack.

"STOP DON"T HARM HIM. That's my pet Fluffy, I promise he's not one of those monsters despite his threatening monster. You have no reason to fear him."

Word Counter:1302/1500

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The large shadow creature that Azix had conjured halted its attack at the last second when Merrze shouted. The orange magician arched a brow at  the Fanalis girl and looked up at 'Fluffy', unsure of how the beast got the name. While the beast's legs were covered in grey fur, the top part of the beast was covered in large jagged plates of chitinous armor that tappered into spikes further down its back. Fluffy's size was an intimidating factor as well, his back came up to the orange magician's head. Azix wondered how something that menacing followed around a cute girl.

Azix supposed he shouldn't be too surprised to learn that Merrze was a beast tamer. After all, most of the Fanalis he knew were. He gave her an apologetic look and looked towards Fluffy. "I apologize for trying to attack you." Azix scratched the back of his head and gave Merrze a nervous smile, "So, what are we looking for exactly?"

While Azix and Merrze had been conversing, they had attracted the attention of two nearby prowling lions. Using the landscape of tall grasses, rolling hills and clumps of trees as cover, father and son encircled their prey. The Lion King positioned himself ten meters behind Merrze, where he could watch the unsuspecting group in hiding and waited. The Lion Prince was leading the hunt and he silently traversed through tall grass to get behind the orange magician.

The Lion Prince's tail flicked back and forth as he coiled his body, preparing to pounce, when a large shadow appeared. He hesitated, choosing to observe his prey a bit more. The two man-creatures growled at each other, perceived as the two establishing dominance with each other by the lion. Azix's relaxed posture and quieter tones was taken as a sign that he submitted to Merrze's authority.

Going for the easier kill, the Lion Prince burst from the grass in a giant pounce, letting out a Resounding Roar. The roar collided with an the magician's Borg, which sent little cracks through the instinctive barrier. As Azix turned to see what had shouted, the lion's claws shredded his borg as he landed. Continuing his assault, the lion's fangs latched onto the magician's legs and with a jerk of his head, savagely tossed him away.

"Wha?! AHHHHHHHH," shouted the magician. The sudden appearance of the lion had taken him off-guard and before he knew it, he was flying through the air. A loud crack reverberated as he collided into a tree.

The father lion did not sit idle during this time, waiting for his son to make an appearance before going after Merrze. He charged out from behind his cover and let out a regal Resounding Roar of his own, at the Fanalis girl. He followed up with a Rebound Swipe, swipping at her with two quick swipes of his paws.

Azix clutched his head and let out a pained gasp as every muscle in his body protested. What the hell was that tiger made of? He had less than a second to realize his aches and pains before the Lion Prince was on him again, cutting two large gashes in the magician's side with a Rebound Swipe. Azix ignored the pain and retreived his wand to cast Clear. Magoi wrapped around his skin before bursting outward in a dome, the force of which impacted violently against the lion.

The orange magician stood up with a grimace of pain on his face and aimed his wand at the Prince. He formed a lance of light around the tip of his wand and fired it into the creature, burning it to a crisp. With the beast dead, Azix dropped to a knee and grasped for a painful breath. He definitely had a few cracked ribs, at the very least. Azix remembered Merrze and looked around to see if she had just sat back and laughed as he got beat up.

[240/330]
[1232/1500]

Spoiler:

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Merrze was surprised when she saw Azix get attacked, in that brief moment she had prepared herself incase she would be attacked. She would have to be quick, when the Lion King appeared and let out a Resounding Roar Merrze had Fluffy use Roaring Inferno to clash with his roar but she was surprised when she saw him closer and began to swipe at her. She quickly put up a Guardian Block and absorbed his attack. She had prepared to attack back when he used a Sinking Bite. As the Fanalis fell to the ground she was in pain from his bite but she kicked him off of her. She would prepare a counter attack now that she was back up.

The lion was strong and the warrior could not deny that but she had to kill it so that it wouldn't cause anymore trouble for he future traders. She rushed at the lion and used Dragon Slice as he jumped at her with a great force. Her slash landed against his throat causing him to fall to the ground and start to bleed. She had accomplished what she need to and glad that is was over, she wasn't the happiest about killing it but she had to so that future people wold be safe from attacks and could trade.

The red head was worried about her companion so she walked over to him to see how he was. She could tell the lion had surprised him and done a good amount of damage but she assumed he was okay. At Least that's what she hoped she didn't think it would be good if he got o hurt but he could heal himself based of her knowledge. She walked over to him and looked him over more to assess the damage.

"That looked like it hurt a lot, are you okay because that looked pretty gnarly in my opinion."

Word Count: 1621/1500

Stamina: 60/150

Spoiler:

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Azix gave Merrze a soft smile at her concern and nodded. The magic of his Priest Charm had already begun healing the damage he had received from the Lion Prince. He quickly stood up, noticing the body of another fallen lion where the Fanalis woman had been before. Azix gave a whistle of appreciation as he noticed neither her or Fluffy had taken damage. While he was impressed, Azix also felt a bit silly for being taken so off-guard by the lion.

"Yeah, I'm fine now. Am I correct in assuming that these were the creatures we were hunting?"

He waited to see if the lions were in fact the beasts they had been hired to kill, before he started to walk back home, gesturing for her to follow. Along the way, Azix grew curious about Merrze's opinion on Kou and the new partnership between that had been formed after the war between the two countries. He wanted to know not only because it was his job to improve Kou's public image, but because he knew she had fought in the rebellion and wanted to know if she was satisfied with the outcome. Azix hoped he could get an honest opinion from her, especially since he didn't think she recognized him as the new ambassador.

"I'm so glad the war is over. I still have trouble sleeping some nights. I close my eyelids and I can see the battlefield once again." Azix paused in thought and turned to Merrze with an odd look on his face. "How do you feel about the new peace between Reim and Kou? The new Emperor seems better than his father, however I suppose only time will tell."

[1500+/1500]

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Merrze was glad that he seemed okay, even though he had been hurt it looked like he was being healed. She didn't want her companion to be hurt because she simply didn't want to see him get hurt. Azix could handle a lot she guessed so this might have been nothing compared to what he's experienced before or it might have been the worse, but since he had fought in the war she assumed that he's taken alt more damage then that. Nonetheless she would still have her concerns about him eve if had faced much worse before this, it was just apart of the warrior's nature.

She was surprised when he asked her about her opinions the relationship between Kou and Reim and the New Emperor. She hadn't thought about it. She had only seen the new king once and that was at the battle but so far he seemed like a good guy. She didn't have any issues now that the war was over, she didn't necessarily like Kou but she had nothing against the people more of all of the conniving evilness that came from it.

"Well, the new king seems good and all, I don't necessarily trust kou seeing as the world just ended and the horrifying things still rest somewhere in my mind. I'm interested to see how much he improves the country and such, he might one day be a valuable Ally if I accomplish m goals in life. And I'm of course glad the war is over and I hope we can stay in peace."

Word Count: 1500+/1500

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Azix mulled over her response, understanding that it was far too soon to expect anyone to trust Yoshi. The orange magician still wasn't sure how he felt about his cousin being the new Emperor, however so far he seemed better than Gao had been. He noted that Merrze had mentioned Yoshi may be a valuable ally. At first Azix assumed she meant an ally to Reim, but her mention of goals made him wonder what she aspired to do.

He was about to inquire further when their destination appeared in sight. With a million things to do, the orange magician let his questions slip from his mind. After turning in the job, Azix turned to Merrze. "It was nice working with you. Maybe fate will lead us to cross paths in the future." He gave her a bow before turning on his heel and leaving to take care of other affairs.

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum