Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Spoiler:
Job Name: Closing the Portal [Task 7 Part III]
Job Rank: B
Job Location: Reim [Kios]
Job Rewards: 200 XP/15,000
Job Prerequisites: Task 7 Part II
Job Overview: A Kou camp hidden deep in the woods outside of Kios protects a Magic Transfer Circle. Lead a small force of Fanalis Corp members into the camp and destroy the Kou forces.

Enemy Name: Kou Guards x3
Needed damage to take down: B
Description: These Kou guards move at 6 m/s and each carry a sword capable of inflicting B-tier damage and a shield capable of blocking against B-tier damage.
Abilities:
Jab – Kou Guard moves at 20 m/s to jab their blade forward, inflicting B-tier damage.
Parry – Kou Guard moves their blade at 20 m/s to parry an incoming attack up to A-tier.
Block – Kou Guard uses their shield to block up to A-tier damage.
Shield Bash – Moving their shield at 20 m/s, Kou Guards deals B-tier damage.

Enemy Name: Kou Magicians x3
Needed damage to take down: A-Tier (B-Tier Borg, B-Tier Damage)
Description: These Kou magicians move at 6 m/s and each carry a staff capable of inflicting D-tier damage.
Abilities:
Wall O' Thorns: The user creates a five meter tall wall by infusing life magic into the plantlife in the vicinity as a B-tier barrier (Supplementary ability|Clashes with B-Tier and below).
Flesh Eating Plant: The user encourages the growth of a plant and encourages it to have a carnivorous diet. The plant grows between five to ten meters in size and deals A-Tier damage.
Minor Heal: The user heals C-Tier damage once per post.

Closing the Portal [Task 7 Part III] [Ayero] T4VNXGQ
Enemy Name: Kenji Yoshimitsu
Needed damage to take down: A-Tier
Description: The Commander of a special elite team trained for invasion moves at 10 m/s and runs at 15 m/s. His katana delivers punishing A-Tier damage.
Abilities:
Flaming Spiral: Using the magic ability of the katana, the user can create a burst of fire in a conical shape from the blade at 15 m/s. The fire projects outwards ten meters away and is five meters wide at the farthest point. Anything caught within is dealt C-Tier damage.
Commander's Parry: The user parries a single ability up to A-Tier damage, away at 20 m/s.
Asian Invasion: The user dashes up to ten meters away to get around their opponent at 20 m/s and thrusts their blade at the opponent's rear end to deal B-Tier damage.
Giga Leap:The user leaps 15 meters into the air at 20 m/s.

After giving Saria information on the amount of troops he would need for his plan to infiltrate the Kou camp, Azix headed back to Opportunity Hall to get people sorted. When he arrived Janus and a few others arched a brow at the man's broken nose, but he waved off their concern. "I ran into a wall." Smiling, Azix steered the conversation away from his face, "I have good news and bad news. Which do you want first?"

Janus didn't buy his excuse but she let it go as Miss Viri and Jarl approached, "I suppose the bad news first."

Azix gave Viri and jarl a warm smile in greeting before answering, his face settling back into seriousness as he spoke. "My friend said it would be a couple days before he could get arrangements prepared. The good news is he has some ideas for arrangements. Unfortunately, that doesn't help everyone for now."

Miss Viri frowned to herself for a moment and looked up at Azix, "Do you have any ideas of where people can go for now?"

Azix sighed, not wanting to ask the Grumptoes families to move back into the slums, but he had no other options for the moment. Even the fact that it was only temporary did not ease Azix's guilt. He opened his mouth to explain his plan when Kylar came out of Opportunity Hall and walked up to the group.

"Azix! Man, what happened to your face?" Kylar laughed for a moment and then shrugged, "Anyway, I've talked to a few of the workers and they offered to put some of these people up for a few nights. Gilda told me what happened and asked around."

Azix smiled at Kylar and it took a few moments for his words to sink in before he realized that the man had used his real name in front of everyone. Azix groaned inside, but knew the villagers would have learned eventually. The news he gave about the workers opening their homes up softened the blow as well. "Really? That is great news! Thank you." Azix hugged Kylar, overjoyed with the fact that through a series of events his good deeds seemed to be inspiring others to embrace their fellow man in tough times.

Between Janus, Gillus, Viri, Jarl, Kylar, Gilda and Azix, they were able to organize temporary living arrangements for the up-ended villagers. Most of the Grumptoes families had no issues going back to their old homes and those that were uncomfortable were taken in by the workers that had volunteered their homes. Those that were left were split between Azix's house and Opportunity Hall.

Kylar had gathered a few workers trained in animal care to take them to Timiteo's farm. Azix hoped the man would be willing to house them for some time and told the workers to tell the man that he would be paid for his services. By the time everyone was organized and settled in, Azix was dead on his feet. Most of the staff that ran Ariella's farmhouse followed the orange magician to his house where they got ready for sleep.

When Azix offered to help get them sheets and bedding, Janus grabbed Azix by the arm and hauled him to his bed. "Get some sleep. We'll figure it out in the morning. Now, go to sleep!" She gave him a look that dared him to object before leaving the room, closing the door behind her. With nothing else to do, Azix curled up beneath the sheets and succumbed to the sweet embrace of sleep.

The next morning came too soon and Azix longed for several more hours of sleep. He didn't dare, Kou was still out there and he had work to do. After getting dressed he went into the kitchen where he found others that were already up. Miss Viri was bustling around, cooking food for everyone while muttering to herself about how Azix's kitchen was lacking proper ingredients. Azix chuckled at her antics and watched her work, while engaging in small talk with the others.

Once everyone had eaten, Azix convened with his council, which consisted of Janus, Gillus, Jarl, and Viri. He instructed them on his plans to get rid of Kou and asked them to watch over everyone while he was gone. Azix showed Viri where his money was hidden and gave her permission to use it in case anyone needed supplies. The old woman had a knack for not only running a household and its staff, but also its finances. Viri had been managing the Kios fund for a long time and he trusted her judgement.

After Azix was sure that his Kios council would handle affairs while he was gone, Azix headed back to Octavius' hideout to gather the forces. Along the way, he ran across a familiar face.

[805/1500]

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Ayero had returned to her Inn the night before, finding that sleep came rather easily to her. Perhaps it was the good vibe she had gotten from reuniting Octavius with his daughter that allowed her to drift into a soothing sleep that lasted the entire night. Such an event was rare considering that the threat of Kou drew closer each day. She had set out early that morning towards Octavius’ center of operations, eager to continue to help out in any way she could before the storm.

As she neared the hideout, she noticed a familiar head of dark hair approaching from a different direction. Moving in closer, a small wave of relief came over her at the realization that it was Azix. Approaching the magician, she spoke to him once she was a little more than within earshot. ”Hey, Azix! You’re up early. Are you—“ She pauses upon getting a closer look at the man after noticing his very broken nose. ”What happened to you? Have you been fighting in the coliseum again?” Her voice held a note of teasing humor as she raised a brow and looked the mage up and down. He seemed no worse for the wear elsewhere, which was good. She didn’t know what had taken place between him and Octavius shortly before.

[219/1500]

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Recognizing Ayero, Azix waved at the Fanalis who had helped give him the name 'No Balls Xenos'. He managed a friendly smile, though there were still lingering traces of stress and lack of sleep in his features. "Good morning, Ayero! I know, I was head-" He was interrupted by her asking what had happened to him and it took a while for the orange magician to realize she was referring to his nose.

"Oh? This?" Azix gestured to his nose, "Octavius just had a fatherly talk with me. That's all." He laughed nervously, rubbing the back of his head, hoping she'd accept the excuse. "Speaking of Octavius, I was heading over there. I found some Kou troops near Kios, they have a magical circle in the woods outside of the village. I'm gathering some troops to kick the soldiers outta there and make sure the magical circle is destroyed."

Azix gave Ayero a curious look, "Say, you're good with a blade. Want to help me out?"

[166+805|971/1500]

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
The Fanalis pursed her lips at the mention of a “fatherly talk” with Octavius resulting in a broken nose. While she had a decent amount of trust in Azix, she was aware that there could be potential road bumps due to his country affiliation. Well, former affiliation. She would have pressed further, but the mention of Kou troops held her immediate attention more swiftly than the broken nose. If Azix still seemed to be communicating with Octavius, then whatever it was that had caused the broken nose must have settled. With this in mind, the Fanalis woman raises a hand to her chin as she considers his request.

”Kios? I’ve never heard of it. But if you think that Kou’s presence there is too much of a risk, then I’m in. So long as Octavius approves. Another blow to the face and your skull would cave in!” Ayero seemed to be amused by the thought as she followed alongside Azix, a glint of eagerness reflecting in her eyes. ”What’s the magical circle for, anyway?”

[393/1500]

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Azix was mildly surprised Areilla hadn't mentioned it to Ayero, the two women had seemed to be good friends. The orange magician chose to believe that since Kios was connected to the Grumptoes, Ariella had been tight-lipped about the place. Either way, Ayero seemed particularly enthusiastic to kill Kou soldiers. A fact that led Azix to vow never to get on the woman's bad side. His mind started to turn to the mission and  Ayero's question took him off guard.

"Oh, it's a type of teleportation spell, bascially. By sacrificing a large number of bodies, magicians can transfer troops from another location directly to the circle." Azix frowned, "The people in Kios are dear to me. I helped them out a while back. Getting rid of that circle and protecting that village is more important than Reim to me right now. It does help Reim in the long run anyway." Azix looked the Fanalis woman in the eyes, "I just thought you should know."

The seriousness in Azix faded away and he gave her a teasing grin, "Last one to the safe house is a rotten egg~" With a wink, Azix took off running towards the warehouse, hopefully leaving her in the dust.

[203+971|1174/1500]

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Ayero raises a brow of surprise upon hearing the nature of a magic circle’s creation. Both brows knit in disapproval as Azix continues. ”I certainly hope they used Kou bodies for this.” The Fanalis woman didn’t hold back the growl in her voice, disturbed to hear that such a type of magic existed. Perhaps even more surprising to her was Azix’s apparent dedication to this village. Hearing how he cared for the people there further solidified her growing trust in him.

”Huh?” The magician’s teasing gesture startled her, and she raised a brow once more as the man took off. A slow grin crept onto her face as she shook her head. ”What a fool. Challenging a Fanalis to a race…” Figuring that it couldn’t hurt, Ayero decided to teach Azix a lesson and began sprinting to catch up.

[532/1500]

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Azix continued running when he saw Ayero pass him and he sent a look of mock surprise that quickly turned into determination. As the Fanalis woman got closer to the building, the orange magician grabbed one end of the magic carpet tied around his wasit and pulled it free. In a quick motion he jumped on the flying piece of fabric before it launched forward. He would sail past her just as she reached the warehouse and give her a mischievous grin along the way.

With his head turned towards Ayero, Azix didn't realize that he was closer to the building than he had thought. A sickening thud reverberated as the orange magician slammed into the side of the large wooden structure. "Gahh-ugh!" Azix slid down the wall and hit the ground with a groan. He opened his eyes with a wince of pain and sat up rubbing his head with one hand. "Did I win?"

Once inside, Azix led Ayero to Saria's office where he was instructed that the troops had been gathered. Ten men had volunteered to assault the camp, which Azix thought was plenty. He calculated that they would arrive by nightfall if they traveled quickly by horse, which would be the perfect time to strike. With their small numbers and the element of surprise, he imagined they would be fine.

After gathering enough horses and supplies, the group would head out the city gates towards Kios. Along the first leg of their journey, Azix pulled out the Journey Book he kept in an hidden pocket within the folds of his cloak. He hadn't checked it since he had warned Ariella about Kios and imagined she must be panicking by now.

Love,
I have gotten Reim as much help as I could, I only hope to arrive in time. Some of the magical tools were shipped before our boat left, hopefully they will arrive soon. I will let you know once they arrive where to pick them up, as my father is trying to make sure they get into the country unnoticed.

I am heartbroken at the loss of the kids and when I arrive, you and Iatsu may be the only Kou natives safe from my wrath. I eagerly await your embrace. Please send the families my condolences.

Much Love,
Ari~

Azix smiled to see the familiar strokes of her handwriting before reading her message. He was glad that Ari was able to get some magical reinforcements and magical tools for the looming battle. Azix was even more overjoyed to hear that she was on her way back to Reim. A chuckle left his lips, imagining the kind of pain Ariella wanted to inflict on Kou and was happy to note he would not be a target.

He leaned over and tried to write a somewhat legible note in between the jolting motions of the horse's gait.

Ari,

I can't wait to see you. I was able to get the families out of Kios, they are safe in Remano at the moment, albeit scattered around. I am currently with Ayero, leading a troop of Fanalis to assault the Kou camp outside of Kios. Wish us luck and I'll slay a couple of the bastards for you. Knowing that you are coming back to me will keep me safe through this fight.

Azix~

[455+1174/1629/1500]

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Ayero was confident that she would win with ease, believing that the racial strengths afforded to her would allow her to breeze past the magician. A look of surprise appears across her face when Azix overtakes her, sailing past atop a magic carpet. His sly grin is met with a sour look of her own before she begins to slow her pace, her expression now one more of amusement than irritation. Ayero lets out a short laugh as Azix collides with the side of the building, pointing a finger at the magician in a childish manner. ”You…pffft aha….I can’t believe you did that…” Recovering from her fit of laughter, the Fanalis woman sighs before grasping ahold of Azix’s arm and yanking him upwards unceremoniously. ”Sure, I’ll give you that one. Even though you cheated.”

After the men and supplies had been gathered, the group set out on their journey towards Kios. Ayero kept her horse at a steady pace just behind Azix, enjoying the silence of the countryside and the cool night air. Even though they were headed into battle, it was nice to relax among the simple things. Regardless, the Fanalis woman kept an ear open, eyes scanning their surroundings often to detect any potential trouble. With luck, the journey to Kios would pass by uneventfully.

A chuckle caught her off guard and she followed its source to the man in front of her. Quirking a brow, she moves her horse a bit faster until she was side by side with Azix. Tilting her head, she glances over at the book in his hands, unable to make out what was written on its pages. She waits quietly until Azix finished penning down a passage in the book to raise her voice. ”I bet you must miss Ari.” She gives the magician a small smile, having missed the yellow mage’s companionship herself. While she was unable to see most of the words written in the book, Ariella’s signature had caught her eye. She didn’t consider that the book could possibly be magical at first and was under the impression that Azix was writing a correspondence between him and Ariella, playing both parts.

[896/1500]

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Azix looked up and gave Ayero a look of surprise, having been so absorbed with the journey book that he didn't hear her approach. Closing the book, Azix replied with a hint of longing in his voice, "I do. She said she was on her way back to Reim, though." Azix paused, realizing that Ayero would likely not understand how the Journey Books worked. With one hand, he raised the journey book and pointed to it with his other. "This book uses magic to transmit messages over long distances to its twin copy. It's the only reason I felt comfortable going to Imuchakk and leaving behind all my projects."

The darkness of night had long settled over them when they arrived in Kios. As the group traveled further down the long dirt road through town, Azix grew angry. At first, most of the properties seemed untouched, but the closer they got to the eastern edge of town, they came across several fields that had been burned down, destroying the long hours of labor and dedication that had been spent tending to the crops. A few homes had been battered as well, Azix hoped that the villagers who had stayed behind had been able to avoid trouble.

One of the Fanalis riders in front pointed out a shadowed figure running through a nearby field. Unsure of whether it was a Kou scout or a villager, Azix gestured to two of the warriors to capture whoever it was, alive. "When you do, make sure to tell them, 'Xenos asks if you are Kou.' If they recognize the name, bring them here. Otherwise, kill them."

Azix gestured for the rest to continue heading west, while the two headed towards the shadowed figure. After a couple minutes a strangled cry pierced the night air that was quickly muffled. Azix anxiously waited atop his horse until the two Fanalis men returned, empty-handed. One of the men shook his head while they filed back in formation. The orange magician frowned in disappointment, he had hoped that it one of the villagers who had stayed behind.

The rest of the trip was uneventful, arriving at the edge of the eastern woods less than half-an-hour later. Azix quickly dismounted and tied his horse's reins to a tree, trusting everyone else to follow his lead. Using the instructions Janus had given him, the orange magician led the group deeper into the woods, trying his best to move quietly through the underbrush. Once his eyes adjusting to the darkness, Azix found a well worn trail that led them towards the camp. It wasn't long before they could see the flickering of campfires through the trees.

Azix crouched down near the edge of the treeline and spied several groups of soldiers gathered around different campfires. By their raucous laughter and slurred shouts, it was clear their cups were filled with ale. The orange magician turned to the group and spoke in hushed whispers. "Ok, spread out around the camp and take care not to be seen. I'm going to cause a distraction, when their backs are turned towards me, strike. Strike hard."

Azix reached under his shirt and removed the chain that held his metal vessel from around his neck. Clenching it firmly in hand, Azix used his magoi to cover his body with the djinn's power and whispered the chant to activate his Djinn Equip. "O' Djinn of Plague and Pestilence, create a catalyst of change that infects corruption. Lend me the power to purify the world anew. Spread, Cimeies!" A sickly green mist swirled around Azix as he spoke, settling into pieces of armor with a similar hue as the mist when he finished speaking. He held a silver blade with intricate designs engraved into the metal in his right hand.

He spared a look at Ayero as the group started to move to surround the camp, "Good luck." He flew upwards until he was several meters above the treetops before moving to hover over the center of the camp. Azix waited a few moments to give everyone time to get in place before descending with a roar. The King Candidate landed near a group of magicians gathered around a fire who seemed startled by his entrance.

Not waiting for the magicians to grab their wands, Azix rushed to the closest one and sent two horizontal slashes towards their back. The first strike broke the magician's Borg and the last cut through his spine, dropping him from the fight. The other Kou magician's were given enough time to grab stave or wand and start throwing spells towards the magician. Two Flesh Eating Plants were conjured on either side who flew upwards to avoid a pair of snapping jaws while he slashed the other construct, shattering the spell into pieces of magoi.

Azix performed a flip in mid-air to get behind the final plant construct and slashed the spell to destroy it. Azix then turned his sights to the magicians and flew towards them, swiping his blade in furious arcs to bat away two Wall O' Thorns that were erected in front of him. When he was in range, he slammed his blade downwards to shatter the nearest magician's Borg before burying the tip of his sword in their heart. Azix spun around and turned to the next magician. Two more quick strikes of his blade fell both Borg and Kou magician.

During his fight, Azix had noticed the other soldiers react to his presence, but he paid them no mind. The Fanalis were susceptible to the ranged attacks that magicians were capable of, so they were Azix's target. Besides, the sounds of combat could be heard shortly after as the Fanalis engaged the Kou soldiers. These were observations made in the back of Azix's mind as he fought, running on instinct more than conscious decisions.

[Magoi|280/300]

Used::
Djinn: Cimeies
Type: Sword
Theme: Plague
Chant: "O' Djinn of Plague and Pestilence, create a catalyst of change that infects corruption. Lend me the power to purify the world anew. Spread, Cimeies!"
Flight: 15m/s
Cost: 20|10
Cool-Down: 8 posts
Appearance: The sword is a silver blade that is forty-two inches (1.06m) long from the pommel to the tip. The blade is thirty-three (83.82cm) long with a sharp curve at the end. Carved down the hilt in an intricate design, anacondas trail around the sword and taper off into jagged thorns. Sickly green lettering in a foreign language glows along the ridge of the blade.

Azix's body becomes wrapped in a dark green armor from the neck down. A sickly green cloth is wrapped around his waist with a black belt overtop it. The belt glows a similar sickly green as the cloth with chains that hang to his knees. Along each wrist is a metal bracer that matches the rest of his armor. Azix's skin gains a greenish tint and a third eye appears on his forehead, surrounded in a green mist.

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
”Oh? Well that’s good news. I hope she was able to gather help in Magnostadt.” Ayero seemed a bit surprised at the woman’s impending return, yet pleased. She nods at Azix’s explanation, mentally kicking herself a bit for not considering that the book might have had magical capabilities. So he had been in communication with Ariella all this time? She almost wants to ask Azix to ask Ari how her brother was faring in the magician’s country but held off. Hopefully they’d reunite with her soon and she could ask the woman herself.

Ayero’s sharp gaze swept along the village as they passed through, noting with distaste the burnt fields and damaged homes, likely Kou’s doing. She suppresses a growl and keeps her focus forward, her attention shifting slightly when one of the riders pointed out some nearby movement. Ayero raised a brow slightly at the mention of ‘Xenos’, always having wondered why the man went by two names. He had introduced himself as Azix to her, but was known in the coliseum as Xenos. She hadn’t brought it up in conversation, chalking it up to the man wanting to remain at least partially anonymous during his battles. The name Azix Niraj seemed to be fairly well known in Remano, after all. Recalling that Azix held this place dear, she figured it had something to do with anonymity once more—wanting to keep these people safe in case things went sour—but she couldn’t be sure. Regardless, it wasn’t much of a deal to her and she swept it to the back of her mind as she followed the mage through the woods to come upon a Kou camp.

After tying her horse with the rest, the Fanalis woman crept up alongside Azix as they surveyed the area. The soldiers present seemed to be relaxed and inebriated, which meant that they had the element of surprise on their side. Glancing towards the other Fanalis, Ayero hoped that it would be a quick fight. It should be, with the number of trained fighters Azix had gathered. Ayero’s eyes had been glued to the camp, taking in their numbers when Azix began to recite some sort of chant. Startled, she flicked her gaze from the fires towards the magician in time to see him settle into the armor of his equip. …Did he say ‘Djinn’? Her gaze narrowed slightly and she shook the questions from her head to refocus on the task at hand, adding this to her growing list of questions to ask him about later. Casting a worried look at the blade he held—how much experience did he have with a close range weapon?—she nodded curtly and moved with the others around the perimeter of the camp. ”You too, Princess.”

She watched closely as Azix assaulted a group of mages, catching one in the back before he even had a chance to defend himself. The ruckus drew the attention of the camp, intoxicated men rising to take stock of the startling situation. Taking advantage of the momentary confusion, Ayero silently draws her blade and dashes from her hiding spot. She had chosen three soldiers sitting together as her target, the quality of their armor and weapons denoting their higher status and skill. Keeping her sword down low, she approaches the distracted men and delivers a vertical upward slash to the closest man. Her blade cuts deeply into her target’s back, causing him to gurgle and sputter up blood through his cry of pain.

The two guards he had been sitting with whirled around, already having grabbed their weapons when they realized that their camp was under attack. One thrust his sword forward in a Jab while the other pushed his shield towards the woman using Shield Bash, both attacks aiming to converge on Ayero. Dropping to the ground in a Drop Roll, Ayero rolls through the space between the two and springs upwards with her blade drawn back, dealing another decisive slash across the back of one of the guards. The man lurches forward and collapses with a strained grunt of pain, blood seeping freely from the deep wound that cut horizontally along his back. The last remaining man shoves his blade forward at the woman in a Jab, his blade be  Parried by Ayero as she whirls around and meets steel with steel. While redirecting his attack up and away from her, she digs her left heel into the ground and bursts forward to deliver a heavy punch to the man’s head. Her fist hits him in the temple, caving in the bone and sending the man backwards to the ground from the force of the blow.

As the last of her three targets fell, Ayero wiped the sweat from her brow and looked around, noting that some of the combat was still going on. The Fanalis warriors had done a good job of clearing most of the soldiers, plowing through them easily thanks to Azix’s distraction. She turned around, looking for the light mage when her search was interrupted by the appearance of what she could only believe to be the commanding officer of this camp. Kenji Yoshimitsu had been in his tent going over recently received orders concerning the impending arrival of part of the invasion force. Content to let his soldiers tap into a keg or two for the time being, The Commander’s attention had been aroused by the sounds of combat. Rushing from his tent he was greeted with the sight of nearly a dozen warriors, mostly Fanalis, who were busy tearing through his men. If Kenji was startled, he didn’t let it show on his face.

Ayero weighed her options for a quick moment, wondering if she should attempt to take this man on herself or wait for Azix. She hadn’t had a chance to catch sight of the magician, her attention fully focused on this new threat. Commander Yoshimitsu seemed to take notice of her as well, unsheathing his weapon. Not wanting to waste any more time, Ayero makes a quick decision and charges toward the man at full sprinting speed. Closing the gap between them, Ayero takes a Great Leap into the air, simultaneously activating the Extend ability of her sword. She quickly launches two gravity magic enhanced slashes from her blade in a cross shape, hoping that at least one would find it’s way to The Commander.

But Kenji reacted swiftly, and despite not being able to physically see the slashes moving from the woman’s blade, he knew that she had done something. Raising his own blade in an equally quick manner, he launches a Flaming Spiral towards Ayero which intercepts her two invisible blade slashes. Still airborne and unable to move quickly from the attack, the Fanalis woman finds herself engulfed in fire. The sheer force of the rushing cone of flames pushes her backwards through the air and she loses her landing, dropping to the ground with a thud and a groan of pain, her body covered in minor burns.

[1500+/1500]

[Stamina: 170/250]

Spoiler:

Name: Drop Roll (Way of Old)
Tier: B
Cost: 30 Stamina
Weapon Type: Body
Class: Supplementary
Range: Close
Duration: 1 post
Cool-Down: 5 posts
Description: Dodging an opponent’s attack by dropping into a roll at 20 m/s, Ayero rolls behind or to either side of her opponent and springs upward, positioning herself offensively.

Name: Parry
Tier: C
Cost: 20 Stamina|10 Sustained
Weapon Type: Talwar
Class: Defensive
Cool-Down: 3 posts
Description: The user is able to block an opponent’s attack with their blade and push the opponent and/or their weapon away at 15 m/s. Can defend against 1 B-tier, 2 C-tier or 4 D-tier attacks before breaking.

Name: Great Leap
Tier: C
Cost: 20 Stamina|10 Sustained
Weapon Type: N/A
Range: 10 meters
Cool-Down: 3 posts
Description: The user's 2 feet gain the ability to propel the user 1-5 meters in any direction at 15m/s. This may either be done one at a time, or both at once to reach a total of 5-10 meters at 15 m/s.

Name: Extend
Tier: D
Cost: 10 Stamina|5 Sustained
Element: Strength
Range: 10 m
Duration: Sustained
Cool-Down: 2 posts or Sustain +1
Description: Focusing her magoi into her sword, the blade as well as both of her hands become wrapped in a gently pulsating veil of black miasma. Ayero is then able to project any non-ability physical attacks within a 10m range around her.

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
After killing the last few magicians standing nearby, Azix looked around to find that the Fanalis had been making quick work of the Kou soldiers. A flash of light to his right drew his attention to the gout of flame that consumed Ayero. Kicking off the ground, Azix flew towards his Fanalis companion, reaching her just as she fell on the ground. Noticing the burns that covered Ayero's body, Azix flashed her a sympathetic look and turned his attention to the one responsible.

Closing the Portal [Task 7 Part III] [Ayero] T4VNXGQ

After using his Flaming Spiral, Kenji Yoshimitsu started walking towards Ayero with his blade held low, its tip pointed to the ground. A rush of movement alerted him to Azix's approach and the Commander frowned. His eyes followed the angle of the orange magician's approach and saw that his magicians had been slaughtered. A spark of anger ignited within Kenji, this was the worst possible time for an assault. With word spreading that three of the royal siblings would be arriving soon with a large invasion force under their command, Kenji couldn't afford to lose this position.

Kenji performed a Giga Leap to jump fifteen meters in the air with a trajectory that would cause him to descend next to Azix. Raising his blade upwards, he twisted the blade to thrust it downwards at the King Candidate as he fell. Azix's blade met the downward slash in a clash of steel that rent a crack into Kenji's blade, with his Djinn Equip sustained. Commander Yoshimitsu arched a brow at the power behind Azix's attack, reacting by dropping low to the ground and dashing around Azix to get behind him. With a roar, Kenji thrust his blade towards Azix buttock's with his Asian Invasion technique.

The King Candidate let out a howl of pain as cold steel tore through the right cheek of his buttocks, slicing the tendons connecting his femur to the pelvis and cracking the lower pelvic bone. Unable to sustain the weight on his right leg, Azix crumbled to the ground. As he fell to the ground, Azix twisted his body to face Kenji, not wanting to leave his back open to attacks. The brilliance of that idea was up for review as he landed on his butt, aggravating his injuries. He let out a whimper of pain, but fought to keep control of his djinn equip and keep his focus on the fight.

[Magoi|270/300]

Spoiler:
Djinn: Cimeies
Type: Sword
Theme: Plague
Chant: "O' Djinn of Plague and Pestilence, create a catalyst of change that infects corruption. Lend me the power to purify the world anew. Spread, Cimeies!"
Flight: 15m/s
Cost: 20|10
Cool-Down: 8 posts
Appearance: The sword is a silver blade that is forty-two inches (1.06m) long from the pommel to the tip. The blade is thirty-three (83.82cm) long with a sharp curve at the end. Carved down the hilt in an intricate design, anacondas trail around the sword and taper off into jagged thorns. Sickly green lettering in a foreign language glows along the ridge of the blade.

Azix's body becomes wrapped in a dark green armor from the neck down. A sickly green cloth is wrapped around his waist with a black belt overtop it. The belt glows a similar sickly green as the cloth with chains that hang to his knees. Along each wrist is a metal bracer that matches the rest of his armor. Azix's skin gains a greenish tint and a third eye appears on his forehead, surrounded in a green mist.

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Ayero didn’t catch Azix’s sympathetic look directed towards her, too preoccupied with reorienting herself and checking which parts of her body had taken the most damage. The worst of the burns were confined to her torso and legs, thankfully the flames had not done much damage to her eyes. As she began to sit up, the form of The Commander making his way towards her came into view. A brief panic spread through her chest, hoping that the burn wounds would not slow her down that much. Luckily Azix had appeared, seemingly unharmed and still outfitted in that strange armor which Ayero had attributed to magic.

With Kenji now engaged with the magician, Ayero dug her sword into the ground and used it as a brace to lift herself to her feet, grunting and wincing from the pain of movement. She watches the scuffle between the two Kou men carefully, keeping her stance wide and her movements slow as she moves toward them. When Commander Yoshimitsu dashes towards Azix, Ayero breaks into a sprint with her own blade situated low at her side. She could tell from Kenji’s positioning that he was going in for an attack, and knew that with the distance between them she could not intercept him before he struck Azix. As the Kou Commander rammed is blade into Azix’s bottom, Ayero took advantage of the man’s momentary distraction as came within range of the man and swung her blade in an upwards diagonal motion, cutting a swath across Kenji’s back with Protect and Sever.

The General roared in surprise and pain, turning on his heel to face his attacker. As soon as her blade had left his flesh, Ayero kept it poised in the air while reestablishing her grip on the weapon in anticipation of bringing it down for another strike. Her slash was met with a Commander’s Parry as Kenji took control of the clash and directed Ayero’s blade away from him, pushing her body back several feet. Moving his sword back down, he unleashed another torrent of flame with his Flaming Spiral towards the woman. Not wanting to let the flames touch her a second time, the Fanalis swung her free arm in a rapid windmill motion, directing Kenji’s flame to one side with Veer.

Keeping her sword low, Ayero sprinted towards Commander Yoshimitsu and raised her blade once she moved within striking distance, feinting the movement and hoping it would draw his attention towards it even for a second. As he raised his blade for another Commander’s Parry, Ayero dropped lower to the ground and sprung towards The Commander, slamming her fist into his temple with her Dizzy Punch. The force of the attack as well as Ayero’s own physical instability sent them both tumbling towards the ground. Grunting, Ayero jammed her sword into the man’s throat for good measure, the strangled sounds of attempted breathing reaching her ears.

Pausing for a moment, Ayero remembers Azix and scrambles from atop Kenji, giving his body a parting glance in hopes that she had done enough.

[Stamina: 100/250]

Spoiler:
Name: Protect and Sever (Way of Old)
Weapon Type: Sword
Class: Offensive
Description: Moving her blade in a 180 degree strike at 20 m/s, this slash deals B-Tier damage to everything in its path. This severs the tendons/ligaments of whatever she hits. This ability can be sustained to perform another slash.

Name: Veer (Way of Old)
Cost: 30 Stamina | 15 Stamina
Class: Defensive
Description: By extending one arm and swinging it in a windmill motion at 20 m/s, Ayero can redirect a gaseous attack of A-tier or lower to one side. This technique can be sustained to perform another redirection.

Name: Dizzy Punch (Way of Old)
Class: Offensive
Description: Using an enclosed fist, Ayero strikes at an opponent’s head at 20 m/s. This attack causes B-tier damage and mild disorientation that lasts for several seconds. (Rp note: this ability should cause disorientation/a brief moment of being stunned).

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Ariella gave a sigh of relief when the small boat landed on shore, the runner boat moving from shore to ship and back again to ferry the supplies over, most of the magicians choosing to simply fly from the ship to the shore. Once all of the supplies were unloaded and the ferry boat returned to the main ship, the illusions that had been hiding the ship from view dropped. They had wanted to keep things as secret as possible and so everywhere they traveled, the illusion mages cycled out spells to keep them hidden, allowing most to rest while two or three kept them from sight.

A few of the mages used gravity spells to lighten the boxes of magical tools so they could be easily carried and they made their way towards Kios.

When they came close to the town, Ari scowled. There were fields sundered and a few homes had been torched. The idea of anyone touching the people she had come to think of as a second family made her blood boil, but she kept her anger in check as best she could. When she heard the sound of hoof beats, she moved ahead with two scouts that helped keep her hidden and when she spotted an unfamiliar face with a Kou military uniform, she chose to use her throwing daggers to take him out, despite the urge to use a large lightning bolt to punish the man. Her magic would only draw attention right now. They made it the rest of the way to the farm without incident and Ari almost cried to see the farm so empty. She had grown used to being greeted with cheers and hugs, not silence and barren emptiness.

With quiet words, she helped get the tools stored in the barns, setting up a perimeter of mages to keep the illusion in place. Anyone that was to come across the farm would see only emptiness. Only a skilled magician would be able to detect the spells hiding her family farm from view and even then, it was unlikely they would be able to see through it. They did not bother to hide the tracks in the ground, instead focusing on hiding the people. With how quickly the farm had been evacuated, it made sense to see signs of heavy travel and boxes. Ari moved into the main farmhouse and began organizing areas for the mages to stay in. Kios was the best place to keep them, until she found something more suitable. With the farm and lands abandoned, there was plenty of space, if people bunked together and they used the barns. With having several mages on watch at any given time, it also helped, as they could simply rotate out beds.

It certainly wasn’t Magnostadt, but none of the mages complained about the rustic setting. While everyone got settled and worked on organizing boxes, Ari drew out the Journey Book to check it, smiling to find a message from Azix. The small smile exploded across her face when she read that he was most likely nearby. If he was still in the area, she would be able to organize the mages with his help. Scribbling out a return note, she ignored the kissing sounds two of the women were making at her.

Azix,

Slaughter and destroy, my love. The tools should have arrived in Kios by now, so stop there on your way back, if you have a chance, I am sure you could use the troves sent over. Maybe you will find something to tickle your fancy. I shall see you soon.

Ari~

She closed the book and tucked it securely into her pack, moving into the kitchen to help prepare food for the starving masses of mages while awaiting word of any possible intruders.

Closing the Portal [Task 7 Part III] [Ayero] Ari%20Sigs_zpsn7c2bhju

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
In the back of his mind, Azix was worried about taking on Commander Yoshimitsu in his condition. Thankfully, Ayero was back on her feet and he watched the two engage each other in a clash of wills. Being the first time Azix had truly seen Ayero fight, usually distracted in combat himself, he found himself fascinated. Her skills with a sword were truly exceptional, her movements graceful and fluid.

With a punch to Kenji's head, the two warriors fell to the ground where Ayero finished the Commander with a piercing kiss to the throat. Azix began clapping slowly when the Fanalis woman stood up and praised her skill, his voice hoarce from the pain. "Well done, Crimson Fang." He had searched for a nickname that spoke of the respect for her skill he held and 'Crimson Fang' seemed to fit. "Like a fiery warrior, you slayed your foe with a crimson bite."

Azix looked around and saw that the sounds of battle elsewhere in the camp had died down. The other warriors were already starting to gather around Azix and Ayero. One of the men offered Azix a hand and he accepted it, standing up on unsteady footing. Azix's armor vanished, returning him to his normal appearance. His sword had turned back into the twin dragon pendant that served as Cimeies metal vessel. He put it back on over his head and tucked it back into his shirt, retreiving his God's Necklace in the process. "Everyone with injuries gather around me."

Once everyone was standing close to him, Azix used an Blessing of the God's to bathe them in a healing light. With everyone's wounds healed, Azix smiled at everyone. "Good job guys. Ayero, can you check the tents for any information that the resistance will find useful. Everyone else, help me destroy this circle."

Azix walked over to the circle and began removing the pile of bodies with the other's help. Afterwards, they erased the designs of the magic circle that were drawn in the ground. Once that was done, Azix met up with Ayero to see if she had found anything.

Traveling through Kios once again, this time heading back to Remano, Azix looked wistfully up at the stars. With a sigh, he wondered if Ariella was looking up at the same stretch of sky. Turning his vision back to the path, he noticed that they were passing the farmhouse she owned. A glimmer of light in the corner of his vision caught his attention and he arched a brow. Over the barn, he could barely make out a thin layer of illusion.

Raising his free hand, Azix signaled for everyone to halt, "Wait! Something isn't right here...." He slid off his horse and started walking towards the barn, pulling out his wand at the same time. "This is an illusion..."

[Magoi|230/300]

Spoiler:
Name: Blessing of the Gods
Tier: A-Tier
Cost: 40|20
Element: Holy
Range: 40 meters
Cool-Down: 7 posts
Description: A bright, holy light engulfs the caster or an area up to forty meters away from the caster, in a five-meter diameter or less circle. The light travels at 25 m/s and can heal up to A-Tier wounds instantly, while recreating limbs and organs. If sustained, the caster can heal up to A-Tier wounds again.

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Ayero caught sight of Azix, shoulders heaving in relief when he seemed well enough to speak. She approached him as he was helped up, a half-smile on her face as she reached behind her head with one hand to rub at her neck. She still had goosebumps from the fight, knowing that one false move could lead to her death. ”Crimson Fang, eh? I like that. Sounds dangerous.” Removing her hand from her neck, she rests it at her side while straining on the balls of her heels to try and peer around Azix. ”How’s your ass? What he did looked painful. I’m surprised that you can still stand. I guess you’re a little tougher than I thought.” She pauses there when Azix instructs the wounded to gather around him, helping their more injured comrades towards him.

”Thanks for taking him on. I don’t think I would have landed the first hit that easily on my own.” Ayero mutters her thanks lowly as she glances over at Azix with an earnest look in her eyes. At his next orders, Ayero simply nods and sheathes her blade before rifling through the abandoned tents, grabbing any documents and papers that appeared to be even the least bit important. After reconvening with Azix, she hands him what she had found before the troop sets off back towards Remano.

Suddenly Azix announced that something was off, causing the rest of the group to stop in their tracks. When the mage pulled out his wand, she too drew her weapon and kept her eyes focused on the immediate area, prepared for some sort of sneak attack. There are more? Her throat tightened at the notion and she ground her teeth as she gripped her weapon harder.

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Ari’s head twisted up when Brian came rushing into the room, out of breath. Why the man insisted on running when he could have flown was beyond her, but he looked to be in a panick.

“People… lots of them, 12 total… coming from the woods!”

Ari’s eyes immediately sharpened and she wasted no time in drawing her wand before following him outside. She held up a hand for silence as they moved towards where he had seen the approaching people and she waiting until the people came into view, her face breaking out into a broad smile. Moving out of the range of the illusion, she would seem to appear out of thin air before Azix and Ayero with an arched brow.

“You two seem tense, what, think you are walking into a trap?”

With a chuckle, she would signal behind her to the illusion mage keeping the area covered in a mask. The illusion would melt away, revealing about 30 mages behind her with cautious looks on their faces.

“Well, it is a trap, just not for you.”

Ari looked at the Fanalis with her lover and her friend, raising her voice to be heard.

“There is food in the kitchen for anyone hungry before heading back to Remano!”

She waved towards the farmhouse that now showed signs of heavy activity with the illusion gone. Rushing forward, she flung her arms around Azix, squeezing him tightly.

“I brought back-up, my love! The barn is full of magic tools to take back to Remano, and there are about 50 mages with me, from all walks of life, most battle-trained.”

She turned to give Ayero a smile, not wanting to untangle from Azix just yet.

“Hey there, Ayero! Keeping the princess safe? And don’t worry about Vin, he is safe in Magnostadt with Adius. Last I saw, they were making frogs grow entirely too large and chasing girls around with them…”

She chuckled, snuggling against Azix’ chest happily.

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Azix winced when Ayero mentioned the wound he had received from Kenji and cupped the injured butt-cheek in one hand. If it wasn't for one of the Fanalis men keeping him steady, the orange magician would have probably fallen flat on his rear end once again. Wanting to appear tough, especially since Ayero had complimented him, Azix shrugged. "Maybe you shouldn't think of us magicians as weaklings." He gave her a teasing grin.

When she muttered her thanks for stepping in, Azix smiled warmly and rested a hand on her shoulder. "No, thank you for accompanying me." He turned to look at each of the Fanalis in turn, "Thank you all for your assistance. Without your strength, I may have been just another fallen Kouen."

Azix's body was tense with the potential for combat and when Ariella stepped out from behind the illusion, he nearly raised his wand to cast a spell. Recognizing her golden hues and the intoxicating movement of her hips as she approached, Azix ran to embrace her in a tight hug. "Ari!"

At Ariella's signal, the illusions faded away and revealed a large group of magicians behind her. The orange magician paid them no mind, his attention was on the woman who had stolen his heart with a wide grin stretching from ear to ear. So overjoyed at seeing the yellow magician, Azix even ignored the princess jibe and impatiently waited for her to stop speaking so he could kiss her soft lips.

After sharing some stories, Azix motioned for the group to go inside to eat before the trip back to Remano. They would need all the strength they had to deliver the magic tools. Once everyone had gotten their fill, it was time to head back to the Capital and report to Octavius.

[exit]

OOC: Sorry for cutting this thread/post short. I would like to have gotten some more posts in, but the deadline for the task is tomorrow. Please forgive me! Tripped Up

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
A small smile made its way to her lips as Azix rested a hand on her shoulder and thanked her as well as the other Fanalis that had accompanied them. She was grateful for the way that things had turned out—had Azix not intervened when he did, she didn’t know what would have happened to her. After fighting alongside him twice in the coliseum, she couldn’t help but think that they made a pretty good team together in battle.

Ayero twitched in surprise when Ariella seemed to appear out of thin air, some of the rigidity dropping from her shoulders but her eyes still scrunched in confusion. Must be the magic of the illusion Azix was talking about… She lowers her blade when the young woman runs to embrace Azix, signaling to the other Fanalis behind them to lower their fists and weapons. ”Your princess can actually fight rather well on his own. Ah, and good to hear. I certainly hope that they’re not having too much fun.” Ayero gave Ari a friendly smile, pleased to see the other woman safe and in good spirits. The news that her brother was doing well also helped calm her nerves.

She snickers softly and shakes her head as the pair of magicians kiss, her gaze sweeping over the large group of mages that Ari had gathered. Pleased with their numbers, she grunts before nodding and heading inside, suddenly realizing how hungry she was. She made a mental note to bring Azix’s strange armor and sword up at some point, not wanting to cut the happy reunion short.

[Exit]

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Ari smiled and covered Azix’ face in kisses before dragging Azix into the house, wanting to make sure her lover was safe. Once everyone had eaten and rested, the magicians would help divvy the boxes up among the Fanalis, using carts found in the barn to strap to the horses. Hopefully the assistance Ariella had managed to wrangle up would be enough to make an impact.

With the tools all secured, Ari made arrangements to have the magicians take shifts at the farm, having no place in Remano to keep them. When the next meeting was held, however, the magicians would be present.

[exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum