You are not connected. Please login or register

The Jackal Job [Ayero/Aengar]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Jackal Job [Ayero/Aengar] Empty The Jackal Job [Ayero/Aengar] 10/02/15, 07:05 pm

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Spoiler:

While taking a break from her last coliseum match, Ayero heard rumors in the bazaar about wildlife attacking people in some of the outer districts of Remano. The news sounded strange to the Fanalis woman. The capital was a sprawling city, its habitat unappealing to most beasts that did not make their home in the sewers or many alleyways. Leaning slightly to one side on her bar stool, she strained to hear the conversation taking place a few seats away without looking too nosey. As she nursed her second glass of ale for the night, she learned from the two men talking a little ways from her that strange beasts had been attacking travelers on their way to and from the city, and had been sighted prowling the streets at night. No one had gotten a good look at the creatures, but the locals insisted that they were not native to these parts. Desperate, the town officials offered a reward for anyone who could stop them.

Ayero had spent most of her time in Remano, making her money from coliseum matches. As much as she enjoyed the thrill of battle, a small part of her began to ache for the life of a wandering swordswoman, taking jobs to slay criminals and strange beasts like the ones being described. Figuring that her next match could wait, Ayero interjected into the conversation to ask where specifically these attacks were happening.

So far, nothing out of the ordinary had happened. Ayero had arrived at the appointed borough, determined to find these beasts and make quick work of them. The Fanalis woman paced along the darkened streets, walking slowly and keeping a careful eyes out. The snake at her shoulder flicked his tongue out every so often, tasting the air and trying to locate and potential enemies. The only odd thing was how barren the streets were—considering the recent attacks, it came as no surprise. Most people kept themselves indoors by nightfall.

Sighing, the Fanalis woman stopped walking and ran a hand through her hair to scratch at the back of her neck. This reminded her of the time in Heliohapt where she stayed up all night in a farmer’s field in Heliohapt, waiting for a pack of rowdy creatures to come by. The man had a similar problem with beasts coming in from the desert and destroying crops. She shuddered at the thought of facing another jackal. Those beasts seemed to cause a lot of trouble in the desert country, at least for her. Just as she was about to resume her patrol, a chorus of low growls emanating from an alleyway caught her attention.

[444/1500]

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Spiritos Aerolos

Spiritos Aerolos
β-Tier
β-Tier

Aengar had only been within the walls of Reim for a short period of time. Doing any work he could find. He had also been participating in the Coliseum. But one day Aengar got a distrubing paper come his way a man passing them out. Handed it to him and said "You Look Strong, take this and defeat these beasts". Aengar went into the Inn and sat down in a chair and read and the form. It describe a breed of dog causing trouble in Reim. Aengar hadn't been in Reim for long but he had no idea they had this manner of beast problems. He continued on to read it talked of how the people were having problems with the beasts and that they needed to taken care of immediately, before they grew into a much greater problem. But what really was a gem in Aengars' eyes was the reward. He could use that money. He realized with that reward the people were becoming desprate and needed these things gone. Aengar was nothing but a simple mage livin his life in anyway he could. So he decided he would help these people as they have given him a new life outside of Imuchakk. So Aengar chased done the person who was passing the flyers out and asked where has all these sightings had been taking place.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aengar arrived at the detailed location. Nothing so far nothing had happened the people there maybe had come accustomed to closing there doors. Due to the Jackal danger it was probably needed. Aengar walked the streets to look for any signs of animals and to more specific dogs and paws. But these streets were pretty much barren. But Aengar had stumbled upon a person he recognized the race of the person but then he noticed it was a she. The she was Fanalis and I think he noticed what she noticed to he heard a very fierce very low growl.

Word Count:327/1500

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Kabu shifted around her body, the snake’s black scales pressing against her skin as he extended his head outwards to get a better read on what he was sensing. Ayero’s eyes narrowed as she drew her sword, partially relieved that something was finally happening. Hopefully she could take out whatever was lurking in the alleyway quickly, find a room for the night and get to sleep. As the growling got closer, the Fanalis woman shifted into an offensive stance in time to notice another figure approaching. Taking a step back from the alley to distance herself from the potential enemies, she sneaks a glance over at the newcomer. She immediately noticed his height, followed by his blue hair. An image of Yakuroro stuck out in her mind, but this man was not the blue mage.

Before she had a chance to peek at the man again, four figures appeared from the alleyway. They were large canine like creatures with grey fur and several jagged black stripes running down their backs. Solidifying her stance, Ayero narrowed her gaze even further as the beasts began to move towards her and the Imuchakk. Somewhere in the back of her mind Ayero recognized these creatures, but she couldn’t place them. As she struggled to remember where she had seen them before, a viscous snarl erupted from behind her. The loud noise jostled Ayero’s memory as she half-stepped to the side, keeping the four creatures in her line of sight as well as the large creature that came padding from the adjacent alleyway.

These are...mountain jackals! A look of horror and disgust spread across her face at the realization. The canines were not uncommon in her family’s mountain home, and she vaguely recalled one of her siblings being bit by one. Disgruntled at the idea of dealing with even more jackals, the Fanalis woman frowned and called out to the man who had happened upon the scene. ”OI! Imuchakk! You take the four smaller ones. I’ve got the big guy.” Turning her back completely, she puts her faith in the blue haired man, hoping that he wouldn’t leave her to deal with all of them. She could probably handle them on her own, but things would go far easier with help.

Ayero and the large jackal locked eyes with eachother, both moving forward slowly. Muscles tensed, and Ayero flew towards her target, sword held out at her side. She brought it above her head in an arc and swung downwards toward the beast when she got in proper range, but the nimble creature dodged by pushing backwards on his hind feet, sending himself several meters away. Pressing his back legs into the cobbled street, the King Jackal pawed at the ground and lowered his head before charging at the Fanalis woman. Ayero watched these movements with a slightly wide stance, trying to judge if she’d be able to clash with the beast or if she was better off moving out of the way. When the jackal came charging with Take Down Ayero waited until he was close enough for her to strike him. Instead of attacking, the woman performed a Drop Roll, taking her a meter away from the beast before springing upwards and delivering a Fierce Jab into the beast’s shoulder. The jackal cried out in sudden pain as the Fanalis woman’s blade became embedded into his flesh.

[1008/1500]

[Stamina: 190/250]

Spoiler:

Spiritos Aerolos

Spiritos Aerolos
β-Tier
β-Tier

Aengar saw the Fanalis woman, and how she was dealing with what he had come here to do. Deal with the Jackals. He got closer and as he did he heard the Jackals more and more. The Fanalis female said  ”OI! Imuchakk! You take the four smaller ones. I’ve got the big guy.” I took her words. She looked like a skilled warrior in both the mastery of beasts and of her sword. Aengar was ready to take all four of them. The first one took a leap at him Aengar, dodged to the side. Another Jackal came at him and once again Aengar dodged to the side. He needed time to see what best attacks would be the best for this place. It was dessert so it would be best to use Light Angel to create some distance and then an Aurora barrier to take out one of the Jackals. The Jackals so far Aengar could only see 4 so he used Light Angel this caused for the beasts to push back.  Aengar then called the Angel back to his side and told him to stay for later use. Aengar then decided to single out the strongest looking Jackal. He found it best to take them out 1 by 1 instead of taking them out so that he doesn't get overpowered. Aengar then commanded the Light Angel to push forward. And it separated the other Jackals from the one it was going for, Aengar then went in and casted Aurora Barrier it imeadialty on touch killed the Jackal. It was dead. Aengar needed to rest after that spell he had been exerting to much magoi. He instructed the Angel to single out another Jackal this time Aengar would finish it with his staff not ideal but his magoi needed a rest. The Angel directed a jackal towards my direction it immediately charged in but the Jackal used Leap Aengars charge went to waste and the Jackal had an opportunity to strike and it took it's chance it's jaws wrapped around Aengar's shoulder he had to reach around himself and kill the beast with his bare hands. 2 down and he still had more to go. This job was now tedious due to the fact that his shoulder was injured. It changed the playing field and gave the Jackals a immovability advantage. Aengar dismissed the Angel he would deal with the following Jackals by himself. Aengar charged at the beast's one coming from his left and the other coming from his right. He jumped 8 meters in the air and landed behind the animals. He grabbed one and through it across the plato allowing him time to dance with the other one. Aengar sat down his staff. He was going to enjoy giving these beast a slow painful death. He had no problem doing that. This jackal charged at him and mid-charge Leaped into the air. Aengar moved back and as the jackal fell he grabbed it and sat it on the ground. But the jackal would not have this he snapped but Aengar after a short time closed the jackals snout. The jackal then went for and used Corrode Aengar also noticed while closing the beasts mouth he touched the saliva and the animal's saliva was poisonous. The tips of his fingers and his shoulder and now his palm from blocking the spit. Were burned, Aengar didn't have time for this jackal as it charged to do what i thought was going to the finishing blow Aengar raised his fist and crushed it's skull. The other one had been racing toward him the entire time but he got there to late before he could help his comrade. Aengar picked up his staff with his non-damaged hand and casted the spell Light Veil the jackal now confused he tried to smell him out and he found him but it was to late Aengar had already Put the end of his staff into beasts head. His energy drained and his body damaged Aengar sat down on a rock and laid back unto the land that this earth had to offer. He put his head up and his gaze set on the stars. He said to himself "Would my mother be proud?, I would think so I'm pursing my dream of magic and traveling the world. My father that is another story he wanted me to be some great warrior and stay in the village and conqueror other villages. He would be even madder because I left to risk my life to further my magic.  I have honored my mother and disobeyed my father. I am the shame of my people I became a warrior so that I could give pride to my parents and even in their deaths I can only follow the words of the one who wanted what I wanted. Now I wonder how are my people doing. I hope they are doing fine, I will visit them soon."Aengar then thought about the woman he saw she was more than gorgeous her looks almost divine the way she stood with such courage and pride made him quiver. But he very fact that she was Fanalis made his feelings and thoughts of her become demolished. Aengar and his people had a deep hate of Fanalis but she was different just because he was Imuchakk she did not deny herself assistance because he was Imuchakk even though she was assertive about it didn't seem to bother Aengar. But the image of her burned it's way into Aengar's mind and it would stay there for a long time. But Aengar realized that even in his travels he still has not seen the world and met it's people it would be quite some time before his travels ended and some time till he promptly met his goals but added unto that list was that woman. Aengar would not deny himself what he wants even if he had to travel to the ends of the world and break rules set by his to people. No matter the barrier and the wall Aengar would break it for what he wants.
Magoi:80/100
Word Count:1,358/1,500
Abilities and Weapons used:
OOC: I have no idea where I went with the ending something that I could carry over to my plot. And my goal was to reach 1,000.

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ayero pressed her foot against the jackal’s side, using the leverage afforded by pushing against him to withdraw her sword. She stumbled backwards slightly from the movement, not expecting the beast’s muscles to be as thick as they were and thus hold her blade tightly in place. The jackal snarled in rage and pain before shifting the weight from his injured shoulder. Opening his mouth, the beast released a series of Burning Needles towards the Fanalis woman with a strange sort of hiss.

Eyes narrowing, Ayero sucked in a breath and began to sidestep the needles as they flew towards her, using Swift Dodge to avert most of them. However, the needles were being launched at nearly point-blank towards the woman and moved faster than she could dodge. Three of the projectiles stuck into the skin of her left shoulder causing her to hiss at the burning sensation that they etched into her skin. Growling, Ayero ignored the stinging pain in favor of turning her gaze to the wounded animal who lashed out with an Iron Claw. She was able to side-step the first blow, raising her sword to meet the second. She Parried away the King Jackal’s large paw to the side before bringing her blade back down, swinging it in a wide arc to slice along his throat with Protect and Sever. Startled at the sudden pain, the creature tried to cry out but all that came out where gurgles of desperation as he collapsed on one leg, then the other.

The beast became still as blood flowed like a river from his two deep wounds, whimpering softly before giving in to darkness. Satisfied that the threat had been neutralized, Ayero huffed and turned to see how the Imuchakk had faired. She raised a brow upon seeing the large man resting on the ground from exhaustion, noting the four defeated jackals scattered about. The air was still and Kabu had calmed leading her to believe that the job was now done. She approached the blue haired man, noting the staff in his grasp. A magician, is he…? Again she is reminded of Yakuroro, the Imuchakk mage she had traveled with and fought alongside. Wondering how the blue magician was faring wherever he was, Ayero noticed that the man was wounded.

Nudging Kabu, she jerked her head in the Imuchakk’s direction. Taking the hint, the black snake wound his way down Ayero’s body and over to the man, depositing his Healing Spit onto his visible wounds. ”Thank you for the aid. I am Ayero, and this is Kabu.” She gestured to the black serpent. ”Are you alright? The healing saliva takes a little while to work, but it should heal your wounds well enough.”

[1453/1500]

[Stamina: 100/250]

Spoiler:

Spiritos Aerolos

Spiritos Aerolos
β-Tier
β-Tier

Aengar woke up, he had fallen asleep it seems that all his thought had eased his mind. He arose the damage from his battles had took it's tole on the young Imuchakk. But what was floating in Aengars' mind was what had become of the Fanalis woman. She had set out to take care of what seemed to be “King Jackal”. By the looks of her physique she probably could have dealt with that jackal 3 times over and over again. Aengar set out it was quite the ways from where he was and where him and the girl met. He walked he noticed the peace and the wind brushing against his hair and the force of the gust almost seeming as if it wants to take his body off the ground and take him to the sky. But after a roughly 15 meter walk Aengar found her. She was beat up but not badly. It seemed as if she had handled the beast with ease but took minor causality. The Fanalis came up to him and from somewhere on her body and it put it's spit on his wounds. She introduced her self and her beast. And she then explained the what the snakes spit does. Aengar then introduced himself “Hello I'm Aengar chief of the Imuchakk village Strad outside of the Assiak alliance.” Well I'll be on my way I've enjoyed helping these people hope to see you around Reim. Goodbye Aengar walked away and with the Fanalis woman at her back.
[Exit]
Word Count: 1,500+/1,500

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ayero raised the other brow as the man introduced himself as Chief of an Imuchakk village that was not affiliated with Asisiak. ”Nice to meet you then…Chief Aengar.” She thought it was strange that an Imuchakk magician would be head of an Imuchakk village, and at such a young age. Taking a closer look at the man’s face, she guessed that he was probably roughly around her age. Even so, she thought that the Imuchakk more heavily valued physical strength over magic capabilities, but she didn’t know much beyond that. She had only ever met very few giants from the northern territories.

Nodding in affirmation as the man excuses himself, Ayero gestured for Kabu to return to her and headed on her own way.

[1500+/1500]

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum