You are not connected. Please login or register

The Princess and the Mage [Job/Hu Kouha]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Job Overview: As odd as it sounds, squirrels have been terrorizing several tribes on the Plains, stealing their food and chewing through their supplies. Dispatch these vicious, unusually large squirrels and be rewarded.

Enemy Name: Angry Squirrels (x10)
Needed damage to take down: C
Abilities: These 1.5 meter tall Angry Squirrels move at 15/s but climb trees, making them hard to hit. They can deal C-tier damage with their claws as they jump and scratch at your face.
Blind: By scratching around your eyes, Angry Squirrel can make blood run into your eyes, reducing reaction time for one post.

Previous Job

Ari was up before the sun the next morning, giving her horse a thorough brushing before sharing an apple with the mare. Nilexa was much lazier, not raising from her slumber with the child until the sun had breached the horizon. As Nilexa went off to hunt for her breakfast, Ari also brushed out the princess’ horses, the steeds seeming to enjoy the pampering. Her mind wandered over her conversation from the night before and she sighed, saddling her horse with care. It would be a long ride to the tribe that had called for help and they would be crossing paths with a few other tribes along the way. She hoped the princess would try to remain inconspicuous, as some of the tribes were likely to react in violence if they knew a Kou noble was traveling with her.

Luckily, their first stop would be at a fairly neutral tribe that Magnostadt was friendly with, the Tjaq. She looked forward to seeing them every time she rode out on the Plains, the tribe known for helping to mentor up-and-coming magicians before sending them on to Magnostadt for a more formal education. The leader of the tribe, Donnell, was friendly and always full of interesting stories. Once her horse was saddled and prepared for the trip, Ari stood beside it, Nilexa curled up on the saddle as they patiently awaited the arrival of Princess Hu Kouha.

[236/1500]

──────────────────────────────────────────────

The Princess and the Mage [Job/Hu Kouha] Ari%20Sigs_zpsn7c2bhju

Julienne

Julienne
C-Tier
C-Tier

Hu had woken up somehow before the sun had risen however being as vain as she is, she spent some time fixing her beautiful pink hair and cleaning Specter. As she remembered exactly what she had decided to do yesterday a small sigh escaped her lips. The princess knew very well that she was being naive but she really wanted to stand behind the point that she had made yesterday in front of Lady Ariella.  When she got back to Kou she would tell her brothers about her adventures and they would scold her for being overly-ambitious and stupid, but they would greet her with a smile.

As she got out of her carriage she wore a rather comfortable battle dress and stretched around. Quickly spotting Lady Ariella and greeting her with a graceful bow and a smile. "Excuse my lateness, I tried to hurry as much as I can." She informed before looking around for one of her carriage's horses, surprisingly finding both of them brushed, with an aura of happiness around them. "Thank you for taking care of the steeds." Kouha told the woman as she carefully got on her horse. She then turned towards the Magnostadt noble. "Lead the way Miss."

[WC 204/1500]

https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t3365-hu-kouha#16803

The Princess and the Mage [Job/Hu Kouha] WdgaC5F

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ari sighed as she waited for the princess, tapping her foot as the other woman finally emerged from her carriage. She wondered how comfortable Hu would be sleeping under the open sky for the next couple of days. She dipped her head in acknowledgement at Hu’s thanks, taking to her own saddle in a smooth movement. Her hair was loose around her shoulders, still ruffled from sleep, but she seemed not to notice. Making a clicking sound with her mouth, she shifted in the saddle to let the horse know to begin its canter towards the first stop of the day. She turned to the princess with a small smile.

“Our first stop will be at the Tjaq tribe to let the horses rest and eat before we make our way towards Swallow Village. You should enjoy the visit with the Tjaq tribe, they are all magicians. It is led by a man named Donnell and he is quite smart.”

As the horses set an easy canter, she let her body fall into the natural shift and sway of riding, enjoying the open air. Nilexa was curled around the horn of her saddle, keeping an eye on their surroundings. Ari hummed softly in thought before speaking again, her voice calm and bordering on friendly.

“I apologize for my comments yesterday, I do not want you to think I hate your country. On the contrary, I have heard Kou is quite beautiful and most of the people I have met from there were very friendly. It is your father’s politics I disagree with, not your country as a whole. I have met several of your siblings, as they often travel through Magnostadt and stay for a visit. I cannot say I particularly like your oldest brother, Adam… he is a womanizer with only one thing on his mind – getting laid. But your second oldest brother, Yoshiro, is quite charming. I met him almost two years ago, he had just been granted his first large army contingent. He had come to Magnostadt for diplomacy reasons and I remember his friendly smile quite clearly.”

She laughed softly, shaking her head as she looked at Hu.

“I admit, I actually had a crush on him. I was 15 and he was quite attractive and friendly. He asked me to dance at one of the balls and I thought I was going to faint. I have also met your older sister, Ruki. Friendly but vain and I found myself bored trying to talk about fashion and gossip with her. But I digress… I simply did not want you to think that I disliked you because of actions your father has taken. I am sure he is a wonderful father, but speaking as someone who has had him try to invade their home, I can hold no love or admiration for the man. I am, frankly, shocked so many of your siblings turned out as nice as they did. Anyhow, I am sorry if I seemed angry.”

She sincerely did not want to upset the princess and was trying her best to explain her outburst from the night before. Though the princess seemed naïve to the tactics her father employed, it was not uncommon for a child to side with their parent, regardless of the evil their parent may commit. And when you were raised to believe that the parent’s method is the only correct way, it could take time for them to understand the world beyond what they were exposed to by their parents. If she had not had so many problems with her own parents, she was sure she probably would have suffered a similar problem, blindly following her mother’s elitist, aloof ways.

[815/1500]

Julienne

Julienne
C-Tier
C-Tier

The princess' eyes lit up at Lady Negri's first words. A magician's village... she had always wanted to see one. "I do apologize however I must express that my patience is not enough, I want to see this magician's village already." Kouha said giddily, her words expressing her curiosity, happiness and unfamiliarity. It made her sound rather childish.

There was a pause of silence during which the princess had a pretty blue butterfly fly around her. It landed on her nose, cue a sneeze. As it flew off, Hu's green eyes stared after it, she was mesmerized by its beauty. Thats when Lady Ariella began speaking again. The words that came out of her mouth surprised her as the royalty had believed that the magician would avoid speaking about anything that had to do with The Kou Empire. A small smile formed on her lips as a nostalgic look crossed over her face. Ah Adam. A womanizer? Yes definitely. His facial and body features were both gorgeous and every single time she needed to speak to him she walked into him in the middle of his...ehem business. Another familiar face flashed through the princess' mind at the mention of Yoshiro. Kind gentle Yoshiro....

Kouha was lightly surprised at the woman's sudden open attitude however her emerald eyes filled with gentleness. He was truly quite the gentleman and quite often asked for a visit at her quarters. Yoshiro helped her with fighting techniques and explained to her different military strategies, telling her that they might be useful in future battles. Thats when the princess heard the name of her second oldest sister being mentioned. A look of distaste and anger crossed through Kouha's features as she glared at the grass on her left side. "I understand of your opinion of my oldest brother, I personally go to fetch him for my father because all of my handmaidens gets snatched into his room. Yoshiro on the other hand, he is truly someone who I look up too as a sibling. He has grace and tact and knows what is appropriate and who could be an ally in hard times. I personally find him a military genius as I have learned all of my tactics from him."  She let out a distasteful laugh as she reached her opinion of her sister. "Ruki is someone who I do not want to get near to, EVER. She gets close to you and learns everything that she can for her own benefit, when she's done she severes all ties with you. She may seem vain but Ruki in reality is the most cunning woman in the family." A tingle of annoyance was hear-able in the princess' voice. She did not trust her sister, she wanted to stay as far away from her as possible. "If you asked me who was most likely to overthrow my father, I would say Ruki, his second in line daughter for the throne." Hu muttered quietly, she wasn't sure if the woman had heard her or not however she needed to warn her of her sister's existent dark side. "Overall everyone in the royal family is extremely nice, people just don't like our cause. There is always going to be someone who wishes to stop our expansion, and it is quite understandable. People like to live freely and have their rituals, however my I think that my father believes that safety is more important. I might be wrong but it is my personal opinion towards the Emperor's actions." As she replied the princess though that she had heard the shout of a kid. Green hues looked forwards, noticing the visibility of huts and people. "Is this the place?" Hu asked the magician.

[WC 825/1500]

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ari listened to the words, understanding that they would never see eye to eye, at least not as long as the girl believed the lies her father told her. At the sound of laughter, Ari grinned brightly and nudged her horse faster forward. When a young man about 14 came into view, Ari swung off her horse to swing the boy up in a tight hug.

“Jimmy, you got HUGE! I wasn’t away that long! How are you?”

Jimmy babbled at her excitedly and Ari ruffled his hair before stopping him to wave to Hu, intentionally not mentioning the woman's title.

“Jimmy, I want you to meet my friend, Hu. Hu, this is Jimmy, one of the Tjaq tribe. Hey Jimmy, is Donnell around?”

Jimmy smiled and waved at the princess excitedly, always enjoying new visitors. When Ari asked about Donnell, he shook his head, grabbing her hand and skipping towards the village, much larger than most people would expect. The entire tribe had about 3,000 members, only about half of them staying in the village. As one of the five Great Tribes of the Plains, the Tjaq held certain sway about the Plains when it came to matters of trade and land allocation. Jimmy continued his endless stream of chatter, telling Ari all about his adventures since her last visit. All around the huts, people recognized her and waved with a smile. Ari returned the happy waves, she often visited the tribe with her father whenever Donnell had more people to send to the Academy for training.

All around the village, magicians were training their skills, some doing mock fights, others practicing more practical uses, still more working on healing injured combatants. Ari kept an eye out, holding out an arm to stop the Princess as a stray fireball whizzed by, snorting as she shook her head.

“Gotta be careful around here, the kids can be careless…”

Her words froze in her throat as a familiar figure approached, someone she had not seen in quite a while coming near. As the woman came closer, it was very obvious she was from Kou, holding the classic appearance of the East, down to her kimono that showed off the way her hips swayed as she came within a few feet of Ari. Ari stared blankly for a moment, not having expected to run into Kitana out here.

“Kit…. I did not… what are you doing with the Tjaq?”

The woman smirked, a look of sultry seduction on her lips before she looked towards the princess, recognition flashing in her eyes before she looked back to Ari.

“Ariella! I finally passed into a high enough Kodor to help teach and I felt like getting out of the city, so I came out here to tutor the bright minds of the Tjaq tribe. And you? I would ask if this was a business visit, but considering your… companion, I am leaning towards social. So, new girlfriend?”

Ari blushed hotly and shook her head. She was about to introduce Hu to Kitana, but her ex-girlfriend interrupted her by arching a brow at the princess.

“Princess Hu Kouha… how nice of you to stop by… should we be keeping an eye out for a battalion while we are at it? Or have you finally come to take my head for being a traitor?”

Ari groaned and pinched the bridge of her nose. Kitana never was one to bite her tongue.

"Kitana, stop being unpleasant, though I know that is asking a lot from you, at least you can pretend."

[1384/1500]

Tribe information:

Julienne

Julienne
C-Tier
C-Tier

The princess admired from behind as Lady Ariella recognized and went to greet one of the members of the village, a boy a few years younger then her. Getting down of her horse gracefully, the princess patted it's nose and followed closely after the magician. As she was introduced to the boy she smiled lightly and waved back in reply. The tanned woman did not mention her title however the Kou lady didn't mind. She understood that her name and title might cause panic across the tribe so she was completely okay with not mentioning either.

The village was larger then the princess expected. As Jimmy kept on chattering on to Lady Ariella,  Kouha looked around, her mind attempting to process the newness of this place.  The purple haired woman seemed to be well known by everyone as they all greeted her. She could feel herself gain a few curious stares but none seemed hostile. Many kids were sparring with each other, their use of magic was impressive to the Kou royalty as she was not used to any forms of spells. As Hu looked around curiously she felt a hand stop her from walking, as she looked ahead in confusion she noticed a stray fireball barely missing her. "Thank you." The princess muttered, nodding at the magician's next words. Of course, these kids were not professionals, she wouldn't be surprised if she left the village with her hair burned at the edges.

The princess noticed a sudden stiff movement from Miss Negri as a woman approached. Her face looked familiar and the way she dressed reminded her of home. However the way she spoke... Lady Ariella seemed to know the woman well enough, she seemed surprised by her appearance. Kit, she called her... The princess stared at the woman blankly. Had she just suggested that her and the mage were together? Her emerald eyes landed on the flustered looking noble before looking back as she was being addressed.  So this Kit person had betrayed the Kou empire... and now she had suggested that Kouha was going to attack the Tjaq village.

The look of blankness on the princess was replaced with a small smug smirk. She knew exactly how to deal with annoying pests like this one. As she stepped forward she made sure that she was in front of Lady Ariella who did not seem to be dealing well with this situation. Hu's royal Kou pride was practically flaming inside of her as she spoke. "In order for me to take your head I need to know your name." She said bluntly, the smug smile on her face grew larger, completely erasing the one that the woman in front of her had previously. As the woman was about to open her lips to speak the princess made sure to keep her quiet. "Ah, I almost completely forgot, traitors have no names because to me they are lower then a slave." Kouha's eyes glared at the woman icily. Kit's earlier confident composure seemed to have disappeared, no-one could defeat a Kou princess in confidence. "Also, I may not know of your history with Lady Ariella however I can assure you that we have no more than a relationship of acquaintances. I can assure you however that this woman has indeed found someone that she loves dearly, if you do something in order to upset her, I will have your head." Hu threatened, her glare not letting down on it's coldness. No-one could smile at a small child lovingly without knowing of love herself. It completely disappeared however as she turned around and smiled at the tanned magician. She did not want to hurt her new friend with any of her words so she whispered quietly, only so that the nobility from Magnostadt could hear. "Please do excuse me if my attitude has offended you in any possible way, I do know that I was harsh on the woman however I do despise traitors." Kouha said, making sure that the stuck up traitor behind her received no attention.

[ WC 1501/1500] XD

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ari stared blankly as Hu began to speak, shaking her head. The princess had no clue who Kitana Cho was and Ari snorted, stepping between the women as Kitana raised her hand.

“Kitana, if you touch the princess, I will have no choice but to speak to Donnell… and Princess, bite your tongue before Kitana removes it for you… she has a smart mouth, but your judgment is beyond harsh in ways you cannot imagine.”

Kitana glared but lowered her hand before explaining why Donnell was not present, her eyes glaring at the princess the entire time.

“Donnell is at a meeting with the other Great Tribes of the Plains. There has been… The Loros were attack, in a vicious display at the order of the Princess’ great and wonderful father. Almost 200 women and children were slaughtered while the warriors faced what they assumed was the main force. Donnell saw it with his own eyes, the Kou troops have hired someone new. The General drew attention from the front, allowing this assassin to make their way through the back. This assassin… she was a little girl… and she used blood magic, Ari…”

Ari’s breath caught in her throat and she shook her head.

“Thank you Kitana… I need you to report back to Adius… now. Don’t argue with me… please, go back to the Academy, find Adius… tell him Lilly has been located.”

She turned to the princess with a worried look, taking a deep breath.

“Princess, as much as I would like to allow us to visit longer in this village, right now, we need to focus on completing the task at hand, so I can get back to my brother. This is very disturbing news.”

She dismissed Kitana with a nod of her head, her ex knowing Ariella was serious about her request and losing all hostility in order to do as Ari asked. Ari led Hu back towards their horses, only pausing long enough to say goodbye to Jimmy. She spoke as she moved, her voice quiet.

“I appreciate you stepping in to stop the nasty words of Kitana, she is not the friendliest person during the best of times. But, Kitana is not a traitor to your country, Princess. In all technicality, her uncle was. He made a deal with my father during the Magnostadt invasion to hide Kitana within the city. Your father had demanded that she marry one of your brothers, in an effort to spread the magical seed through your family. Her uncle risked death and worse to make sure Kitana was safe from what your father had planned. If that makes him a traitor, then so be it, but if I hear you speak like that again to someone that is innocent, I will be quite disappointed in you.”

She climbed onto her horse and nodded to the other one, Nilexa looking up from the saddle in concern.

“We need to hurry and attend to the Swallow Village so I can report back to my brother. If your father has hired Lilly, then I fear for the sake of every tribe on the Plains.”

Her voice was soft and haunted, shaking away the image of the killer for hire from her mine.

“The Swallow village is about a one hour ride to the east, hopefully this newest attack does not draw more hostility to our travels.”

She nudged the horse forward, eager to be done.

[1500+/1500]

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

((Due to over 48 hours passing and no response to a PM sent to Julienne, I am completing the job without her.))

Ari rode in silence, her mind troubled by the thought of Lilly making an appearance again. She had been hoping in the back of her mind that the child would lose her thirst for blood after losing Elric, but that did not seem to be the case, if Kitana’s words were based in truth. She would need to send word to not only Adius but Azix, as well. She shuddered to think what the child was capable of but slowly forced herself to focus on her coming task, helping out the Swallow Tribe.

When she rode into the village, the Elder greeted her with a smile and a wave, helping her down from the horse. As the Elder helped her unsaddle her horse, she filled Ariella in on the problem the village was having. It seemed there was a rather large, angry species of squirrel in the area and the squirrels were stealing all of the food stores the village had set up for the winter. While the villagers were able to pick off the creatures here and there, the nest had been located. Unfortunately, they were simply unable to take out all of the squirrels and had searched for help in dealing with them.

Ari smiled and nodded, assuring the village Elder she would do all she could to assist them, making sure her wand and weapons were all secure before asking to be escorted to the nest. The Elder called on a young boy to lead her to the nest, the boy overjoyed to be given the responsibility. He took Ari’s hand, leading her for almost an hour before they came upon an ancient tree about ten meters large with large figures scurrying about, tittering unhappily. Ari thanked the boy before sending him back to the village, promising to bring back squirrel for dinner. The boy grinned and skipped back to the tents to brag about being asked to escort the pretty magician helping them out.

Ari stared in thought at the tree, trying to decide how best to handle the situation. Her spells and daggers would have difficulty traversing through the branches and she fingered the locket from Gremory for a moment before her eyes brightened. She moved until she was within twenty meters of the tree before feeding magoi into her locket, Gravity Bomb forming at the center of the tree and sucking everything towards the center of the spell. She could hear angry squeals and cracking branches as the entire tree seemed to crush in on itself, destroying the majestic branches and all of the critters within it. With a sigh, she released the spell, silence settled over the Plains once more. She walked over to begin gathering the bodies of the squirrels, hoping the meat or skin was salvageable for use by the villagers. After grabbing every carcass she could find, she strolled back to the village, the squirrels hanging by their tails from her hands.

The Elder greeted her with the young boy, who relieved her of the animals quickly. The Elder offered her thanks and a place to sleep for the evening, but Ari declined, wanting to return to Magnostadt as quickly as she could. She did, however, accept the offer of a meal with a smile. After a filling stew of squirrel meat, Ari climbed back onto her horse, giving a friendly wave before beginning the long ride back towards Magnostadt. She pulled out her Journey Book along the way, wanting to fill Azix in while she rode.

Dear,
It seems the nightmare will never end. Lilly has presumably been spotted on the Plains and reportedly killed a large number of the Loros tribe. I will keep you updated as I find out more, and I promise to be safe. I am returning to Magnostadt as we speak, I have no desire to face that small demon in the body of a child right now. I should be safe there, but I will keep in regular contact.

Missing you,
A~

Closing the book and tucking it away, Ari settled in for a long ride.

[1500+/1500]
[Magoi 270/300]

Ability Used:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum