Call to Arms - Fanalis [Event]

+4
Liber Aurelius
Zadi
Ayero
Solomon's Proxy
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Call to Arms - Fanalis [Event] Empty Call to Arms - Fanalis [Event] 26/01/15, 08:00 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Sly looked around at all of the people gathering, eager to assist in the uprising of the Fanalis. Before him was a sea of redheads with the very occasional variation, some of those joining bringing friends or allies. Behind him stood a line of people in cloaks, their faces covered. The turnout was fantastic and once everyone had gathers, he would step onto a table so he could be seen, his voice carrying over the crowd as he shouted.

“ALRIGHT, EVERYONE QUIET DOWN!”

Once the room would quiet, Sly would smile, projecting his voice, but no longer having to shout from the bottom of his belly.

“Thanks for coming, everyone! I am sure you have a basic of idea of why we are here… Kou is at our doorsteps and every day, more of them arrive! These people came from halfway around the world to take our land! To usurp our country! When they arrived, they brought a wave of death that touched everyone, none more so than the Fanalis Corp. Our Fanalis Corp was wiped out, our beloved hero, Octavius, was struck down! Our Emperor was killed! And now, they are bringing more of these killers to sit at our doorstep! Trying to rule through fear, fear that they will destroy our very way of life! Will we stand for this? NO!”

A resounding ‘NO’ echoed through the warehouse as Sly rallied them, getting them excited for what he was about to announce.

“As a Fanalis, we often feel forgotten and alone. But we are not, brethren! Kou thinks they took everything from us, but they were wrong! Someone on their end did not do their job right, my fellow Fanalis! They failed to destroy our spirit… and they failed to destroy the one man able to unite us all once more, to strike back! We still have our beloved Octavius! He lives on, not just in our hearts… but in reality… brought back from the brink of death, I give you our General Octavius!”

Octavius would then stand, throwing back his cloak as the others beside him did the same, revealing his survival to the amassed crowd. A hush would wash over the crowd, many of those present having spent their life looking up to this man, this protector of Reim and had mourned his loss when they heard the news. And now, here he was, standing before them, a handful of surviving Fanalis Corp members in their armor standing behind him. The room was in shock.

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

With the contact she’s had with the remainder of the Fanalis Corp, Ayero wasn’t surprised when she was summoned by the call to arms. Making sure that Vin stayed in their room at the inn, Ayero donned her winter cloak, fastening the ties around her neck and chest before sliding the hood over her head. It was a bit snowy that day, so wearing such attire to conceal her identity hopefully wouldn’t seem too out of place. After all, she didn’t know how many other Fanalis would be showing up, and a large number of redheads traveling in the same direction might raise some suspicion.

When she reached the event venue, she paused at the sight of seeing so many Fanalis gathered in one place. There were far more present than Ayero had expected, and the sea of Fanalis blooded individuals caused her to gawk. While she knew that Reim had the highest concentration of Fanalis bloodlines, she didn’t think that there were this many that would answer the call. Slowly lowering her hood, she puts a hand to the back of her neck and removes her thick mane of red hair from where it lay behind the cloak. As she did this, a teenage Fanalis girl saw this and smiled at her. Ayero nodded in solidarity to her blood sister before maneuvering closer to the front of the crowd.

As Sly began to speak, a small smile played at her lips. The man seemed excited and spoke with such passion and clarity that she could practically feel those around her getting hyped up. Even though she likely knew why they had been summoned, she too felt moved by his words. Sly stirred the feelings of his brethren, speaking of their country and their Corp, and how the invaders were trying to take that away from them. As he finished, the big reveal was made and Octavius stepped up to reveal himself, as well as the surviving members of the Corp. A slow toothy grin began to stretch over Ayero’s face as she saw the General, and something she could only describe as kinship and pride stirred within her.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Call to Arms - Fanalis [Event] Facechangerfanalis_zps4db0d5f7
During one his "random location" meetings with Joa, Zadi overheard talk between a mysterious looking person, whose appearance was made mysterious due to his or her cloak covering his or her face and body, and a Fanalis fellow. The short but seemingly decisive talk involved the gathering of people in a single location. A majority of the details were lost, but one stayed within Zadi's head; the location of the gathering of people. Zadi felt as though it could have something to do with the rebellion that wasn't much of a secret these days. The plan, sure, but not the idea.

Having had time to contemplate, Zadi decided that it would probably be a good idea to try and get influence for Typhon by means of the rebellion. However, if things ended up going south for the rebellion, Zadi knew which side he would go for. Typhon was important to Zadi for a variety of reasons and Zadi wanted to keep all those reasons legitimate. Therefore, Zadi decided to see if this possible rebel meeting was anything worth checking out. Joa, on the other hand, wanted to keep thinking of an infiltration plan for when him and Zadi went to the monk temple in Kou.

So then, Zadi found himself near the location of the meeting area. He noticed that almost everyone who entered the area during the hour that Zadi spied on the location either had Fanalis red hair or a variation such as Jahan's purple hair.

Zadi felt as though going in blonde wouldn't be a grand idea. Therefore, he disguised himself as a rugged yet sleek looking Fanalis with a purple bandana and sunglasses for some extra flair. He changed the look of his clothing to that of a black, buttoned up coat with both of his hands hidden within his sleeves, one of which grasped his wand in order to keep Personamorphism sustained. As for his items, Zadi just inverted the colorations. His Rukh Slayer, for example, was changed from a silvery color to that of a golden color.

With the disguise in place, Zadi entered the location. He eventually got within a sea of red haired and mixed race people who all listened to this one man talk about rebelling against the Kou Empire, just as Zadi has hoped this meeting be about. Zadi made sure to chant "NO!" with the other Fanalis but made sure his voice was changed a little to match his appearance. When the people behind the pep-talker revealed their faces from underneath their hoods, Zadi made sure to sound a short but decisive gasp in order to keep his disguise legitimate among the sea of legitimately surprised folk. Hopefully more would be revealed during his stay within the uprising of the Fanalis. All the Zadi had to do was follow orders and keep his cool...sort of. Fanalis were known for being rowdy at times.

Social Tech(s):

Liber Aurelius

Liber Aurelius
β-Tier
β-Tier

Instead of another contract detailing the sins of yet another elite Kou soldier left over from the night the invasion of Reim really began, Liber found a different kind of note in the fountain dead drop. Removing the brick during a chilly morning, Liber found instructions to attend a gathering of sorts. A call to arms for all those of fanalis blood to meet. After destroying the note, Liber returned to the inn he was staying at and there he waited until the date of the meeting. The young man felt somewhat conflicted as he waited. One one hand, he worried about how capable the good General Octavius and his men were. Up till now, it hardly seemed as though the healing warrior had much strength. Was now really the right time to step out of the shadows? Did they have the manpower and weapons necessary to take part in battle?

Liber supposed that these questions didn't really matter in the end. Rumors of Kou forces landing on Reim's shores had already reached the capital. If the fanalis general and his men didn't take action now, it would be tantamount to forsaking all they stood for. If Octavius Flavius and the remnants of the Corps. did not stand and fight in this dark hour...who would? With this in mind, Liber braved the cold wearing nothing but his usual simple toga-like garment. With one nipple exposed, Liber Aurelius entered the meeting place and found that he was among the first to arrive. Instead of greeting Sly or any of the other fanalis whom were arriving, Liber took a place at one of the back walls and leaned against it with his arms crossed over his chest. The assassin waited with his eyes closed and took mental note of the gathering mass.

Once Sly began to speak and Liber opened his eyes once again, he found himself looking a quite the large gathering. A single stifled laugh and a smirk played across the man's lips as he cast aside his doubts in Octavius' available man power. If they had gathered this many fanalis then it would likely be a simple matter to tear down hundreds of Kou army lines. Even so, Liber did not join in as the crowd was riled into a shout by Sly's speech. He still hadn't decided that he would support this force. At least not directly from within. Liber remained silent and watched as Octavius revealed himself to his brothers and sisters. Now is when the true test began. Would the General incite these fanalis to a just cause? Or would he take advantage of their strength? Liber believed the man would do right by his people, but for now Liber withheld judgement waiting instead to see what Octavius had to say.

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Since his meeting with Octavius and Ayero, Azix had been waiting anxiously to be summoned for the gathering. With his gut telling him that Kou would be invading soon, the orange magician wanted to get to work preparing a rebellion. Thankfully, he didn't have to wait too long before a call to arms was sent out. Following the instructions he had been given, Azix headed to the location of the gathering.

Upon opening the door to the location, Azix saw a sea of red from all the Fanalis waiting to hear what would be said. The orange magician maneuvered through the crowd, feeling out of place, until he found somewhere to stand off to the side. He ignored the looks he received from those who recognized his Kou features, he had personally been invited by who he believed was Octavius.

After a few moments, a familiar Fanalis stood up on one of the tables at the front of the room and addressed the crowd, asking for silence. While Sly spoke to those gathered, Azix listened while scanning the crowd idly. His eyes came to a halt when he noticed something odd, rather someone odd. A shimmer surrounded the body of one of the Fanalis not to far from where Azix stood and every few seconds a mix of orange and black Rukh fluttered nearby them.  To a light magician quite fond of illusions, Azix was easily able to see through the crudely designed illusion and see a blond-haired man underneath.

After so long of working in espionage, Azix was instantly suspicious and considered his options. Unwilling to simply ignore a possible spy that had infiltrated the rebellion, Azix made his way to the front of the crowd just as Octavius presented himself. Learning his guess about the older Fanalis man's identity was correct was put to the back of Azix's mind as he waved to get Octavius' attention. Once he received it, Azix would whisper into the man's ear, "Over there..." With a subtle gesture, he would point to the magician disguised as a Fanalis, "That Fanalis with the bandana and glasses, it's an illusion. Underneath is a human. I don't know if he is friend or foe, but I thought I should warn you. I would hate for a spy to infiltrate before we have a chance to rebel."

Azix kept a careful eye on the disguised magician, understanding how easy it would be to infiltrate a group of Fanalis who were unable to see or use magic.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Call to Arms - Fanalis [Event] DfirwMI

Octavius looked around at the crowd with a warm smile, understanding the confused and shocked people gathered before him. As he was about to speak, he noticed Azix trying to get his attention, so he crouched slightly to listen to the magician’s words. He frowned slightly at what Azix had to say but offered a nod and stood again, a subtle hand motion signaling to his Corp members to secure the exits. He looked back over the crowd, picking out familiar faces while keeping an eye on the false-Fanalis. When he spoke, his voice was booming and warm.

“Brothers and sisters… friends! Some of you know me, most of you have heard of me. I am sure you have all heard the tale of my death! As you see, I am not dead… but I should be. I want to share with you all what happened that fateful night that Kou breached our borders and brought treachery into our midst. Myself and the ones you see behind me are all that is left of my beloved Fanalis Corp. We had been sent out to investigate something and when we returned, what we found will haunt me every night. My children, my Corp, what was left of them… they were chained and forced to drag a cart full of the heads of their brethren through the streets of our beloved city. Through a vile magic, if they were to speak, they would be destroyed. I thought to save them, those I had adopted and trained. But I was not prepared.”

His voice became somber, his face wracked with pain at the memory of that night. It would never get easier to speak about, but those gathered needed to hear what had happened.

“A magician had a special torture for me… they made me face a deceased friend, or a visage of him. My will was strong, but my body was not strong enough. In an effort to save and defend all that I could, I was struck down viciously. I thought I was dead. But it seems Fate had other plans for this old warrior. I awoke from my injuries in pain. But that pain was nothing compared to what I found on my revival. My children… the ones I had cared for like my own for so long…. They were gone.”

Tears leaked from his sad eyes, but his voice still rang out, even if it was on a somber note.

“Those you see here are the only survivors. They did what they could to help me recover, but my injuries were extensive. And so, they began searching for those that could help me. They found a couple, willing to assist in any way they could. One of those they found was Ayero, a woman I am proud to call sister. She was able to find a healer we could trust, to restore me. She also brought us other, less-likely allies. Most of you know Azix Niraj, from his work around this country to improve our schools and to help us all have jobs. He has joined our fight, casting off his heritage to fight on the side of justice!”

As he spoke about Ayero and Azix, he would wave to them, giving Ayero a fatherly smile and leaning to pat Azix on the shoulder.

“My Corp also managed to find all of you… to bring you together! We all have our reasons for being here and we are glad so many of you came to join our struggle! Tell me… why did you choose to come here tonight, to join this rebellion?”

He would look out at the crowd with a searching look, listening as several people piped up. Some spoke of justice, some spoke of national pride, some spoke of retribution for what Kou had ripped from them. His gaze skated over Liber towards the back of the room, giving a subtle nod towards the disguised mage in the room. His eyes bore into Zadi with an arched brow.

“And you, brother? Why do you fight? What has brought you into this rebellion against out invaders?”

He would wait calmly for an answer, the Corp members guarding the door keeping their eyes glued to the man Octavius was speaking to. The magician would be wise to pick his words carefully.

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ayero listen to Octavius relay his painful tale, his words stirring difficult memories of her own. But she did not look away or cast her eyes to the ground, instead keeping her head raised and her eyes focused on the older Fanalis. When his story shifted to a more hopeful note in mentioning the actions of her and Azix, she couldn’t help but let a small smile on her face, eyes twinkling at his praise. Strangely, she felt a sense of kinship being here.

She listens with open ears as the various Fanalis present give their reasons for joining in the rebellion. When Octavius addressed one man wearing a bandana and glasses, the air seemed a bit thicker. Subconsciously her mind noticed the heavy weight of the Fanalis Corp eyes glued to man in question and she too, cast her eyes in his direction.

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Zadi listened patiently as the man known as Octavius made his speech. However, one thing that bothered Zadi was that non-Fanalis up on stage next to Octavius. The two seemed to have talked earlier and looked in Zadi's general direction which worried Zadi a little. He knew his disguise was perfect against anyone that WASN'T magically inclined. He thought there would only be Fanalis seeing as there were literally only Fanalis in the meeting! Zadi felt naked in front of the eyes of a possible magician. Sure he looked like one, skinny and all, but the Kou-looking man could really be anything. All the same, Zadi started to think of a cover story in case he would be questioned by any Fanalis. If the magician guy was a legit magician, then all Zadi would really have to do is convince the Fanalis leaders of his Fanalis heritage and try to pit them in favor of Zadi.

However, Zadi's rather "evil" plan B was halted halfway through his thinking process when Octavius directly asked Zadi why he wanted to rebel. Zadi had made sure to listen to everyone else's response so he did have an answer in mind. But the sheer pressure of all the eyes in the room pointing towards Zadi made Zadi hesitate for a second before finally unsheathing his disguised sword, thrusting it in the air, and yelling in as vocal and rugged a voice as possible using his special skills as a performer;

"TO BE ABLE TO CALL THIS PLACE HOME AGAIN!!!"

Zadi made sure to do the gesture with his right arm as as his left arm was still grasping the wand that kept the disguise existent. Hopefully the "glorious" shouting would be enough quell the suspicion of the Fanalis, specifically Octavius. Zadi wouldn't expect the possible magician to get fooled so he didn't add any extra flair to his acting.

Personamorphism (Social)

Liber Aurelius

Liber Aurelius
β-Tier
β-Tier

From his place at the back of the room, Liber was well positioned to see both Octavius' hand gesture as well as the resulting action from his men. They secured the exits so none could come and go with impunity. It was a somewhat troubling development, especially since Liber spotted the mysterious Kouen nobleman whom had hired Liber and another to handle an unruly murderer. Trained to read a situation and know when a trap was being set, Liber felt a pang of anxiety threaten to take over his otherwise calm judgement. Was this Octavius a fake all along? Were they locking things down in preparation for a slaughter? Liber took in a deep breath to keep calm but he remained on alert and brought his focus back to Octavius whom would likely give the order if things did become...messy.

Liber listened as Octavius began to share the same tale of what happened on the night of his supposed death that Liber had heard from the general on a previous occasion. Even hearing it the second time around still stirred feelings of anger within Liber. Assuming it was true, the enemy had done a great and unforgivable injustice to the fanalis corps. Liber's hands gripped his own biceps and grit his teeth but another calming breath flowed the grace of rationale through the assassin's body. He let go of his grip and let his arms fall to his sides, red finger shaped marks blemishing his otherwise pristine skin. A tinge of surprise then dusted Liber's expression as a new piece of the story was revealed.

Apparently a woman he knew, Ayero, had been key to helping Octavius reach a full recovery. Her name brought conflicting feelings to the young man's mind once again as their last meeting had resulting in a fist fight. Liber tried to search the crowd for her but amongst such a large throng of red heads it would be impossible lest she turn his way. But all eyes were still forward on the general as he gave his speech. Liber still wished to give the woman a sober apology but now was clearly not the time. Giving up his search for Ayero, Liber turned his attention forward once more just in time to catch that Azix had betrayed his country to offer support to Octavius' cause. This was another troubling bit of information that made Liber think this could be one giant trap, but such worries had already dulled as the ideal timing to trigger such deception had long since passed. Thankfully it seemed as though Liber's first impression of Azix was a somewhat accurate one. While the man was from Kou, that past did not bind him to act in his Emperor's interests.

When Octavius finished his monologue a chatter moved through the room like a wave as people began to speak with one another about what they'd just heard. Liber remained fixated on Octavius and stood silent however. An overly cautious part of him was still looking for any unusual signals from Octavius and one would come, although not the kind Liber was prepared for. The General's gaze met Liber's own and a nod was made. To some, the nod may have just seemed like one of acknowledgement to greet Liber's presence, but the assassin took it another way. It was in the same direction that Azix had pointed in earlier. Liber pressed himself off the wall and began making his way through the crowd while following the two lines(from the pointing and the nod) to find where they would intersect. It was hard to narrow things down to an exact individual amongst all these people, but the General must have realized this as he directly addressed the person in question.

Spotting the headband wearing fanalis, Liber silently moved behind him as the man shouted his resolve and drew a weapon into the air. Liber did not know what it was Octavius wanted him to do about this zealous individual, nothing about him seemed particularly suspicious to Liber and his declaration seemed heartfelt. But it was clear to the acupuncturist that this stranger needed some help. The fool had drawn his blade in a room full of people known for having hot heads. If even one person mistook his action for a dangerous one, the entire room could spark into a giant brawl. Seeking to dispel useless conflict, Liber reached out from behind Zadi as he still held his arm raised and placed a hand on his shoulder. "No need to be so excited, brother. Calm down a bit." Liber said in a smooth voice as he held out a hand beneath Zadi's sword.

At this moment, Liber made use of his God Hands to place pressure on two points near Zadi's spine at his neck and on his shoulder. The result would likely be an immediate involuntary relaxation of almost every muscle in Zadi's upper body. Unless the man were tensely flexing the muscles around the pressure point, he would find his grip on his sword and his wand fall loose. Liber was prepared to catch the sword with his hand hovering below the raised weapon but he didn't know of the wands existence at this point. Since these actions contained no ill intent or malice, Zadi's borg would not protect him from them.

((If Zadi does not agree to be affected by my profession perk OOC then he may use the tense muscles mentioned in my post to negate the effects.))
Spoiler:

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Merrze didn't know much of what was going on at the moment. She had heard tales of the man called octavius in the short time that she had been her in Liem. She thought the cause had seemed like a good idea, mainly she was happy to be surrounded by her own kind. She was confronted by a man and was told to come to this place. She didn't understand a lot of it probably because it didn't affect her life much but after hearing what everyone was saying she definitely wanted to fight for the cause and help out. Though she still felt left out, she really didn't have much of reason to help other than that she simply wanted to help the other fanalis with this. She also agreed with some of the points that the people were making. She was just hoping that she would be able to help, after all most of the people here seemed much stronger than her but she was happy that she might be able to help out.

Call to Arms - Fanalis [Event] OJgAYLo

Kara Satel Bane

Kara Satel Bane
A-Tier
A-Tier

Bianca had been invited to a meeting reguarding the Future of Reim and the Fanalis role, though Bianca was just sitting in the back of the Room keeping her head down listening to the main speaker, making some solid points regarding the issue. Bianca was not sure at all on any of this and diddn't know anyone in the room exact from Mez who she had worked with recently.

Additionally Bianca was somewhat not herself with her eyes been bloodshot and her hair being slightly more red than normal, she was wearing a blue vest and shorts. Her arms were still bruised in a few places due to recent events..
As the talks went on she was figuring she would help a little but wasn't really feeling committing to a cause just yet.. she had barely figured out what she wanted to do at all let alone dive into a war.... Though she did see mez as a friend and could potentially be enough reason to be involved, though she was surprised not to see King Lagi present in such an important meeting about Reim despite him being Human. Bianca was planing on not speaking to anyone to avoid direct influence effecting her choice.

Call to Arms - Fanalis [Event] Revenge

Call to Arms - Fanalis [Event] JRbMRoE
Bianca-vault:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Call to Arms - Fanalis [Event] DfirwMI

Octavius listened intently to the words from the unknown man in the crowd. His enthusiasm seemed appropriate and his display was appropriately hot-headed. He would keep an eye on him, crouching to speak to Azix in quiet tones.

“See what you can find out about him. If he is here to help, wonderful. If he is a spy, can I trust you to take care of the situation?”

He stood once more, gazing out at the riled crowd.

“The man has the right of it… we need to be able to call Reim our own country once more. There will be a variety of ways we seek to attain this. We have been watching Kou troop movements and monitoring their supply routes and which areas they have been heading to. There will be a long list of tasks available for everyone to pick from. There is sure to be something for everyone! But I ask that you all walk away from this meeting remembering one thing. The Fanalis Corp was once considered the heroes of Reim, but they and the world believe we are dead. Let them continue to think that. Do not make yourself obvious and do not mention this meeting unless you are speaking with someone you know for a fact is involved in this rebellion. By the end of this rebellion, the Fanalis Corp will once again be the saviors of Reim. Help me do that, help me free Reim from Kou control! Help me rebuild my family and to protect your own!”

He would give a bright smile as the people in the room responded with positive cries and yells. Sly would go about trying to get people organized, letting them know the different tasks available and where to report to when they were completed, the other Corp members helping, while all of them keeping a sharp eye turned towards Zadi, waiting for any signs of deception. As Sly organized people as best as a bunch of rowdy Fanalis could be organized, Octavius waved Ayero over with a tilt of his head, drawing her to the side, his voice quiet. He rested a hand comfortably on her shoulder, fairly resonating with a fatherly vibe as he spoke.

“I know you are eager to get started, sister. But I have to warn you. This will not be a safe venture, and as tensions rise, the Empire will be even less safe. If you have family left that is not able to fight, get them out of this country. It is about to be embroiled in war and we have all lost too much to risk losing more if it can be avoided.”

His eyes held a faraway look as he thought of blond hair and gentle smiles. He would see about securing her at the soonest opportunity, for now, he wanted to make sure those fighting were focused and not distracted with worries of their loved ones being harmed.  

((You may post a reaction and exit at this point. Tasks will be posted in the main thread by no later than tomorrow morning for players to claim individual tasks.))

Bahir

Bahir
β-Tier
β-Tier

Bahir, being the little eavesdropper he was, heard rumors at plenty of pubs about a meeting of Fanalis. Of course, the rumors were perceived to be just drunken ramblings, but Bahir hoped that there was truth to them. Without any kind of thought, Bahir immediately questioned each person that he heard these things from. Fortunately, all the people who spoke about it were of Fanalis descent. With his mind at ease, the young spy made plans to attend this meeting of his kin. Perhaps his father would be among the men and women present...

When the night came, Bahir was one of the fanalis present in the small warehouse. He wore his usual "Shadow" attire: a black cloak and hood with dark purple pants and shirt underneath. He stood towards the back of the building and scanned through the crowd a bit. The majority of the people there seemed pretty anxious at this entire situation. Bahir was a little confused on his own. He didn't know much about the Fanalis' role in this country other than what he was told from Ayero.

As he stood waiting, he noticed a rather large man standing on top of a table towards the front of the room. He spoke of the Fanalis Corps and of their General Octavius. Now Bahir was intrigued. He continued to stare down the man and zero his senses in on the front of the room. When another man stood and removed his cloak, revealing himself to be the thought to be dead Octavius, Bahir was just as shocked as the rest of the crowd. Then the story of the Fanalis Corps was told. Filling the young Fanalis in on what happened to the others of his race in the country.

The mentioning of Ayero made the young man perk up a bit. Ayero's here? He thought to himself as he listened to the General mention her and another man named Azix that assisted in his recovery. Next one overzealous Fanalis raised his blade in excitement. Bahir was a little interested in how it would all turn out... so he decided to stick around for a bit even after General Octavius had spoken his peace.

Call to Arms - Fanalis [Event] XhmcID2Call to Arms - Fanalis [Event] ZvsP1Sc

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As the bandana wearing Fanalis seemed to give an answer that satisfied Octavius, Ayero focused her attention back on the General. As Octavius closed his speech, cheers and cries rang through the room in agreement and Ayero smiled inwardly. The man certainly had a knack for speaking to the hearts and minds of his brethren, something she guessed came with experience. As he signaled for her to come over, Ayero obliges with a curious lit in her eyes. When he rests a hand on her shoulder and warns her to get her loved ones out of the country, she closes her eyes and exhales deeply. Octavius was speaking about something that had been on her mind recently. While she hated the idea of leaving her younger brother, Vincenzo, she would do so if it was the best course of action. She wanted to protect him and to be able to help the rebellion without worry that he would be harmed. While she knew that sending him away wasn’t foolproof, it was her best option at the moment.

”I understand. Thank you, Octavius.” The woman tilted her head up so that her eyes met his, a small smile coming to her face. She was both terrified and excited, the promise of a good fight for Reim playing on her Fanalis instincts. She said her parting words to Octavius and headed for the exit as soon as they became unblocked. Recalling the note that she had found from Ariella describing her departure, a sudden thought struck Ayero. She had to have a conversation with Vin, and a heat mage to track down.

[Exit]

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Zadi's chant seemed to satisfy the many Fanalis around him, specifically Octavius. He seemed to agree with with Zadi answer. However, not everyone like the idea of Zadi holding up a sword. It was Fanalis-like, but maybe too much like a Fanalis. Zadi knew they were hotheaded and that showing a display was something that Zadi thought they would do. However, one such person didn't seem to agree with Zadi.

The person who didn't seem to agree with Zadi's display of armament touched Zadi's shoulder. Zadi didn't see it coming and tensed up in surprise. The grip on his wand became tighter while his sword was brought down to Zadi's shoulder level and pointed towards the person behind him by bending his wrist and resting the sword's blade on his right shoulder. The sharp end was pointed away from his shoulder while the tip of the blade was pointed towards what Zadi felt to be the stranger's hand on his neck. It was a rather uncomfortable situation that Zadi wanted to get out of as quickly as possible while also keeping his identity as a Fanalis in check. Zadi slightly turned his head so that only his right eye could see the Fanalis behind him and said with a rugged voice;

"EEEEEEH!? Calm down!? Why don't YOU calm down and take your grabby hands off me, pervert! I'll sheathe me sword when you sheathe those hands!"

Hopefully the strange Fanalis behind him would comply by simply taking his hands off of Zadi. Things would get tricky otherwise. Zadi also hoped that between the acting that nobody would notice how tense he was, even for a fake-Fanalis. All the same, it was strange that a Fanalis could be so calm as to be unable to be heard. Zadi thought that all Fanalis were hotheaded and unwilling to compromise so calmly. Just goes to show how dangerous it was for Zadi to be here in disguise, much less without a disguise!

If the strange Fanalis behind Zadi didn't loosen his grip, Zadi would shake him off and move a couple feet forward and turn around with his sword pointed 1 foot away from the man's chest at an upward angle. However, he would quickly sheathe it all the same then saying, "Punk," and turn back around with one last glare only to look back up at Octavius again.

If the strange Fanalis did let go of Zadi, then Zadi would continue to glare with his right eye, sheathing his sword while doing so. He then followed up with an abrupt but decisive, "Pussy," and then turned back around to face Octavius.

Either which way, he might end up facing Octavius again and await for further orders. Zadi didn't want to cause any harm during any of this, but it stuff started to his the fan, then he would take up arms and try to defend himself. However, Zadi had a feeling that the not-so-hotheaded Fanalis would leave Zadi be unless Zadi accidentally did something funny.

Octavius' ending speech seemed to be nice, but Zadi was too distracted by the event that happened with the strange Fanalis only moments ago. He couldn't wait to get out of this place and do some stuff for the Fanalis' cause...maybe. Seeing as Fanalis are natural warriors and soldiers, they might be given missions involving killing or just plain destruction and Zadi didn't like to kill. Either he would request a special assignment or take one of the many being posted up on a board.

[exit]

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

When Octavius crouched down and spoke to Azix in hushed tones, the orange magician gave a subtle nod. Inwardly, he felt a small sense of pride that the Fanalis General was placing trust in him. "Yes, sir. I will do my best." While Octavius stood up to continue addressing the crowd, Azix began making his way to the exit, keeping the non-fanalis in the corner of his vision. He wasn't sure how he would find more information about Zadi, but he was determined to find out.

Stopping next to the door, Azix leaned against the wall and continued to watch Zadi. The other light magician seemed to be engaged with a familiar looking Fanalis. Azix couldn't place the face, so he put that to the side as he reflected on how to go about learning more about his target. It had been several months since he was heavily involved in espionage and felt rusty. He also didn't have his Grumptoes Squad available to assign to watching the man, which left him to his own resources.

Once the meeting was dismissed, Azix made sure he was the first person to leave. He quickly unraveled his magic carpet with one hand, while his other reached for his wand. In one smooth motion, Azix took to the sky and made the carpet with himself on it Vanish from sight. Hovering above the street, the orange magician waited for Zadi to leave and began following him to see where the man went.

[exit]
[270/300 magoi]

Spoiler:

Liber Aurelius

Liber Aurelius
β-Tier
β-Tier

Liber mentally cursed when Zadi's muscles proved to be too high strung for the pressure point to be effective, but his hand lingered no longer than it needed to. The assassin had let go of the angry man before he even finished demanding that Liber do so. Zadi's intense glare would be met with a jovial smirk as a relaxed Liber stood with one brow raised in awe at the disguised man's belligerence. The insult Zadi gave rolled off Liber like water off of a waxed statue and Liber simply shrugged in reply finding the outburst to be fairly childish. While their kind was certainly known for having a short temper, there was hardly any reason to get upset in the first place.

Liber watched as Zadi took his leave only to be shortly followed by Azix. "Hmm..." It would have been a bit suspicious if Liber hadn't seen the general interacting with the marquis. It was likely that the magician was moving under orders, but that wasn't what really troubled Liber. He looked down at his hand and frowned. Liber's sense of touch was not fooled by Zadi's illusion, but the fanalis lacked the knowledge to understand why things felt so off. The fabric the fanalis seemed to be wearing and the texture Liber felt when he grabbed the man didn't line up. But without any more evidence, Liber had no way of telling that it was due to a light magic disguise. Shrugging the nagging feeling away, Liber chalked it up to just being his imagination before taking his own leave.

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum