You are not connected. Please login or register

Roark's Rage [Event]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Roark's Rage [Event] Empty Roark's Rage [Event] on 26/01/15, 07:59 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Roark paced back and forth in the meeting hall he had reserved. It had been tense in the Palace since Wei Tenji had been placed in “protective custody.” While Roark understood the need for violence in times of war, it was just as important to know when violence was not necessary. Reim had suffered enough violence and death with the initial invasion of Kou, if he could avoid further loss of life for the citizens of Reim, he would. And sometimes, that meant showing mercy to the opposing force. He had no intention of harming any of the hostages, even the term sticking in his mouth unpleasantly. The purpose of having the Kou nobles brought to the Palace was two-fold. First, it would give them leverage against Kou. Secondly, it would ensure that if battle broke out in the streets, the citizens would not seek their vengeance on innocent Kou civilians.

He looks around as people began to file in, many of the numbers coming from the El Nagi tribe, but a decent chunk of people from other walks of life. He had spread the word as quickly as he could. It would not do to tarry in the face of Kou forces arriving, more every day. They needed leverage and they needed weapons, so that the other branches of rebellion would be able to assist them in the coming battles. He cleared his throat as people entered, finally speaking.

“Kou has been a menace to us for too long. They are increasing their numbers every day and have recently become displeased that King Lagi will not play puppet to their machinations any longer. We know what we want, Kou gone. Now, we have to do something to ensure that happens. If all you seek is bloodshed, this is not the room you should be in. If you speak to one of my men, they will send you to the correct location. Our purpose here will be focused on two things… securing leverage and obtaining weapons. There will be a time to fight, but for now, we need to prepare for that day. So tell me, people of Reim… are you ready to remove Kou from our beloved Empire?”

2Roark's Rage [Event] Empty Re: Roark's Rage [Event] on 27/01/15, 07:17 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
"Ah, but you already have all the weapons you need!"

A booming voice called out from the back of the gathering. Yakuroro of the Imuchakk stepped forward, his Staff of Storms in hand. "This country in which you live already provides everything you need to repel the armies of Kou." The Imuchakk declared with full confidence in his words. Looking around the room Yakuroro felt that the situation was worse than he feared. Roak may have claimed that he didn't seek a fight, but it was clear from the gathered people and his directive to gather weapons that the El Nagi man hadn't ruled battle out as an option yet. It was a fair and safe judgement call to make, one any capable leader would keep in mind under the circumstance of impending war. But Yakuroro refused to accept battle as even a last ditch response to the Kou's invasion force. He would find a means to liberate Reim without a single drop of bloodshed.

Perhaps the Imuchakk was being naive, but for now he held fast in his resolve to stop the war from ever happening in the first place. Yakuroro did not elaborate on his initial words just yet and instead waited to hear what others might have to say about his claim, interested to see if there were others who saw the same bloodless path to victory. The magician's keen eyes scanned the crowded meeting hall as he began to walk towards Roak. The people parted making a path for the Imuchakk and those closest to him would find Yakuroro's deceptively carefree looking smile meeting their own gazes.

The walk towards Roak told the Imuchakk everything that he needed to know about the people gathered here. Each had their own reasons, but all were looking for guidance. Some wanted a hand to direct their fears or angers towards an enemy while others simply hoped to know how they could help protect their home. Regardless of their intentions or reasons, one thing was clear. Each man and woman present had the resolve to do what needed to be done. By the time Yakuroro arrived at the front of the meeting hall only a scant few meters away from Roak he was confident that this force would be capable of saving their country without any need for violence.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Thank you all, for everything.

3Roark's Rage [Event] Empty Re: Roark's Rage [Event] on 27/01/15, 08:46 pm

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Even the King was among the crowd, wearing a mixture of some light armor and geared to the teeth with all of his hear. He also bore his crown, standing somewhat in the background as his father continued to speak. He listened carefully for anything at he could find himself doing immediately in order to help fuel the cause. He gained his father’s support and he even managed to Acquire El Drago, Lagi was on a pretty good roll besides the fact that he lost his dark metal vessel. However, he was still building up his courage in order to battle through this.

“I’m ready!” Lagi would say as he stepped forward, easing himself through the crowd. Lagi's eyes met with Yakuroro before heading off to the center. “ Being the king gives me no excuses of being a slouch, I’ll do whatever it takes to reclaim Reim, for the sake of the people! ” Lagi had his father’s support, and his father had Lagi’s support as well. They were equals in this room, and Lagi was itching to get ready in order to defend Reim. His voice was full of passion and conviction, there was no hint in his voice related to any sort of hidden agenda’s at all. Lagi was a fighting King; he was an active member of this society, there was no way that Lagi would simply sit there and do nothing.

"There is nothing wrong with preparation, the last thing that we want is to have any kind of regrets if the worst is headed our way. Like i said in my coronation speech, and even now, i will continue to do what is necessary." There was no real hint of blood lust in Lagis voice, he honestly believed that some actions are taken for the greater good.

Roark's Rage [Event] CrChE3t

Roark's Rage [Event] LBbFjDO

Lagi's Vault

4Roark's Rage [Event] Empty Re: Roark's Rage [Event] on 28/01/15, 01:08 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Roark's Rage [Event] 1hA2h4Y

Roark looked around the room as people spoke up, asking how they could help and what they could do to prevent Kou forces from increasing further. When Lagi spoke, Roark gave his son a proud look, nodding at the King before turning his attention to Yakuroro.

“The magician is correct, everything we need to repel Kou is right here. Though our voices alone are not enough, our will and strength to survive cannot be quelled. We will not lie down and let them trample us. There are a variety of ways anyone can help. But like I said before, if you are looking for nothing more than bloody retribution, you are in the wrong room.”

A few of the citizens grumbled at that before Roark waved two of his men forward, the men conversing quietly with the grumbling citizens before leading them from the room. They would be taken to another branch of the rebellion, but this was not the place for blind violence and Roark knew it, regardless of how much he felt better suited for true battle. He had taken a position as Councilor and he needed to use that influence to handle things in a more diplomatic manner.

“We have a number of goals here and we have a purpose for any that want to help. We need citizens willing to help report on numbers and locations of Kou troops. We need people willing to be messengers for other branches of the resistance across the country. We need to disarm Kou as much as possible, so we will take their weapons. This will leave them with less to hurt us with and make us a greater threat. We need leverage against the usurping country, something their Emperor cannot ignore.”

His voice was hard and his eyes were sharp as he looked around.

“Right now, Kou’s hold is mostly political in nature. If we can take that hold and flip it, we can show them we are not to be trifled with. We have Wei Tenji, one of their advisors and a Councilor that has done much to help this country through education and employment reforms. She understands our purpose. If we are to have political leverage, we need people important to Kou and we need them unharmed. If we can avoid a battle, it would be the best thing for this country. We have seen too much bloodshed.”

He looked out at the sea of faces again, making note of those that looked most bloodthirsty. Those would not be the ones he sent to secure Kou nobles. His eyes landed on Yakuroro once more, disconcerted the magician had shown up. The man had no ties to Reim and seemed only to seek to pull Lagi from the throne. Roark was suspicious of the blue mage’s reason for even being him, afraid the man would try to use this as another bid to search for a rightful heir to the throne. The protest the man had organized, bullying the guards into demanding an audience with Lagi and his following words demanding Lagi step down… all these were artfully done, but this was not a place he wished to have that topic revisited. There was a time and place to make such demands, on the edge of a revolt against a military might like Kou was not one of them. He hoped the mage would be smart enough to see that.

“We welcome any volunteers for a variety of tasks. Those with ideas of ways to help, please do speak up so that we might consider your words. But again, I stress, if you seek only bloodshed, this is not the gathering you should be at.”

He would then look out at the crowd with an encouraging look, hoping for more input on ways to fight Kou from the inside.

5Roark's Rage [Event] Empty Re: Roark's Rage [Event] on 30/01/15, 06:01 pm

Myran

Myran
C-Tier
C-Tier
Mon walked into the room a little after the meeting had started, he was there just long enough to hear the last thing Roark had said. As he went off to the side and looked at those who had arrived before him, surprisingly there was another Imuchakk, he set that thought aside for the current moment mulling over what he had just heard. "I am willing to help in what ever way I can." He said as he approached the other three at the front of the room "Should the need arise I can hunt for the food needed to feed your troops, and let's not stop at just swiping their weapons but their armor as well, besides giving us better armor that would allow us to possibly blend into their forces making it easier for us to get information, as well as getting us into some of the more secure areas." he said throwing in some suggestions "We could also somehow stop supplies from getting to the Kou forces." now he new that last suggestion would be a little harder but he threw it out there anyways.

After saying all that he gives the others a chance to mull over what he said. Heck he thought over what he said as well to make sure it came out correctly.He didn't know much about politics, and he knew that what he had just said may not be exactly what they where looking for, but as he looked around the room at the faces there he couldn't help but smile. To know that all these people had come together in the defense of they're home, it made Mon wanna do whatever he could to help them succeed. 'If this whole thing succeeds that would also mean that we Imuchakk wouldn't have to worry about the Kou attacking from both Reim and Kou.' He thought as he stood there next to the others.

Mon-On-Ku's Vault

6Roark's Rage [Event] Empty Re: Roark's Rage [Event] on 30/01/15, 06:40 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
((Curse you Myran! You posted while I was posting! Sad ))

Though Yakuroro remained silent all throughout Roak's words, the Imuchakk could not help but feel frustration beneath his smiling social mask. It wasn't for reasons so petty as that it seemed like his declaration was simply regurgitated before Roak continued on with his agenda pushing. Though that was an annoyance, it was not enough to rile the magician's patience. Instead, it was the way those who seemed upset with a non-violent approach were led elsewhere. Yakuroro didn't know where they were taken or what for, but he saw the move as one that did not genuinely reflect a desire for no bloodshed. Left to their own devices, those people might strike out violently on their own and if they were simply drafted into another branch of Reim's rebellion efforts then they'd have all the more reason to feed their destructive impulses. 'Weeding out dissenters? Or something else?...what's his game?' Yakuroro mentally said to himself as he watched Roak and listened further.

It was troubling news to hear that Roak's men were rounding up all the Kou nobles that they could. This meant that Lady Soushui was in danger of being captured. While Yakuroro held no deep love for the women herself, it would be a problem if she were taken into custody. The Kou noblewoman was a powerful magician against Kou occupation of Reim. She would be a far more powerful ally if she were able to move freely. Not that Yakuroro though Roak's men had a chance in all the world to force that infuriating witch into doing anything against her will. That abominable rose was as deadly as she was beautiful. Letting his worries subside, Yakuroro took a breath and continued to keep his eyes on Roak. Eventually the El Nagi man's eyes came to rest upon Yakuroro and one look could tell the Imuchakk that Roak was less than pleased to see him there. But it didn't matter how the councilor felt about Yakuroro's presence, Yaku did not require Roak's blessings to do what was right. A call for volunteers and ideas came and Yakuroro was the second to step forward to answer it.

As I said before, all the weapons you'll ever need to deal with Kou's forces are already in your hands. You can thank the blessings of your motherland. Reim is a good country and she has much in her lands to repel invaders."

Yakuroro smiled a bit wider feeling a bit of excitement at the thought that what he said and did here would potentially spur hundreds of people into movement. A concert of peaceful acts singing in rhythm with a desire for a resolution without bloody conflict. Perhaps it was fate after all that the Imuchakk was chosen by a djinn which embodied mischief and deceit. He did get a kick out of seeing people dancing to his tune, even if in this case he wasn't trying to trick them. "I've seen the way Kou operates first hand in my travels across the world. They won't harm any civilians if they pass through an unarmed village. They would prefer these people become citizens in their united world. But their military might is not to be underestimated. If the sons and daughters of Reim meet them on the battlefield, many on both sides will die. I am sure that is why the good Counselor is trying to avoid bloodshed."

"This is why I suggest that Reim's armies give their armor and weapons to the non-combatants!" Yakuroro thrust his staff into the air as he shouted his idea. The people around him looking very confused and rightfully so but the Imuchakk's smile remained. "We know Kou forces landed to the east so they will likely come from that direction. There is no guarantee of course, but it isn't likely a large force could be mustered elsewhere with transfer magic. There is a limit to how many people a single magician can transport with magic alone. If you move quickly, each town or village between here and the coast could become a trap for the Kou invaders. Send soldiers to the towns and have them give their gear to the local men. When Kou's armies appear on the horizon, have the civilian's in Reim armor retreat back towards the capital. The soldiers will stay behind disguised as commoners. With no dedicated supply route, Kou's army will be dependant on the towns they conquer on the way to the capital to feed and house their men. It will be a simple matter to sabotage their troops if they are stopping to rest in towns filled with your soldiers."

It was a simple enough plan and while it might stain the pride of a Reim soldier to let the enemy think their armies were turning tail in fear from every engagement, there was no denying that if it worked, serious damage could be dealt to the Kou advance. It isn't easy to march when most of your soldiers are keeling over from food poisoning and supply wagon axels suddenly break. But it wasn't a perfect plan either.

"It's important that this strategy isn't overused otherwise they'll catch on. The harassment must be subtle or wide scale so the culprit is hard to identify. Use the bounty of the land to make things difficult for the invaders. There are many plants and wild beasts, as the El Nagi know, which could cause trouble for a hungry army on the move. Not to mention that there is hard to traverse terrain in Reim's jungles and less traveled paths. Using the land and the local life to your advantage could be a key factor in making things tough for the surely homesick Kou soldiers. Many of their men are conscripted by force since Kou employs many military campaigns at once. This is how you break their will. The only thing left to take care of then will be the wills of their leaders and officers...as for that, just leave it to me..."

Yakuroro had Lady Soushui in mind with his final comment, but he also had ideas of how his djinn could come into play. "I've impersonated the Emperor himself with great success in the past. I can sow more chaos amongst the Kou leadership than any sneak attack or spy could manage." There was little reason for Roak to trust Yakuroro of course, but so long as the man didn't try to jail the Imuchakk here and now, there would be nothing to stop Yaku from making good on that promise. Well...hopefully not.

7Roark's Rage [Event] Empty Re: Roark's Rage [Event] on 30/01/15, 07:23 pm

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Lagi’s  arms were folded as he stood there and listened. He didn’t speak much on the subjects at hand, it was in his intention to act on them when the time was right. There was more than enough to be said from his father. The first thin that Lagi heard  the voice of another Ichmuchakk that seemed to offer his services of providing food for the troops and  ideas of swiping Kou’s weapons and armor.  Lagi took the time to speak up to that, giving the man a response from the kin himself.

”  I do appreciate the sentiments, but you would have to be careful not to kill important creatures  that could serve many other uses other than being treated as meals. Also, there has been an increased abundance of produce from the nearby farmers due to the introduction of the Pentax and the Boufer cows. Between that and our own produce that we accumulated in the Reim farms,  I’m sure that we would be able to have enough food to sustain our troops without devastating the wildlife. The wrong moves could lead to some complications that we just have no time on dealing with right now. Though, the idea of swiping the weapons and armor is definitely something to think about, thank you.”

It was always good to show appreciation to the people that had their own ideas. After that, it was Yakuroro’s turn to start speaking, and boy did he have a lot to say.  The voice of the king would be heard again to speak his peace concerning Yakuroro’s ideas. The people here are supposedly here for the sake of their country, but this blue haired giant likes to play games.  He didn’t know the true purpose behind Yakuroro’s words, which is why he had to be weary of the magician.

“ I will say that using some of the animals to our advantage could be a key here.  It wouldn’t necessary be a waste of food if we can use the pentax to resupply our gains come harvest time.  Small sacrifices such as this could work out in the end  for more elaborate plans. Father, you do remember the avian race that Zygus belongs to right? We could probably make it seem as natural as a migration, but the magnetic pulse distributed from those birds could break down even the toughest metal alloy.  They would wouldn’t even know or notice initially, it also affects the tools used to repairing such materials. The armor and weapons would be crippled.  There is also the sand crabs, taming a few of them could make traversing through the western front fairly difficult. Their burrowing could may as well result in pit traps that could be 50 meters deep.  Getting their men out from this predicament, along with fighting thus said creature, could result in a waste of resources and time.  Like Yakuroro said, this could also serve as a break in morale.”

Lagi is mostly fired up when it comes to animals; it was what he knew and specialized in. He was willing to support his father in any way that he could.

Roark's Rage [Event] CrChE3t

Roark's Rage [Event] LBbFjDO

Lagi's Vault

8Roark's Rage [Event] Empty Re: Roark's Rage [Event] on 01/02/15, 02:01 am

Tororkun

Tororkun
C-Tier
C-Tier
Tororkun arrived late to the meeting, but he did hear the ideas King Lagi and the other Imuchakk presented, he thought them over, it did indeed seem that using the environment and the creature that inhabited it would be a good decision "Its a great plan to use the animals, especially if they can cripple the enemy's armor and weapons along with slowing their advancement." he thought to himself. If they were to fight without bloodshed then breaking the enemy's will would be key.

Unfortunately he could not think of a way to prevent the troops from receiving supplies other than forming a block-aid around the coast, but even then it wasn't for sure if the block-aid would not be attacked, or attacking the supply routes which negated the idea of preventing bloodshed unless they could use the birds to destroy the defending ships cannons and the weapons and armor of the crew, in which case they could probably just hold up the crew while robbing them of supplies, but even that left the possibility of them receiving them from within Reim. Unsure of whether or not his ideas where applicable as he wasn't a politic or versed in war or knowledgeable of any tactics, he remained silent content to listen to the others suggestions.

Tororkun's Vault

9Roark's Rage [Event] Empty Re: Roark's Rage [Event] on 01/02/15, 01:25 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Roark's Rage [Event] 1hA2h4Y

Roark listened to each of the suggestions with a hum of consideration. There were some very good suggestions floating around. By the time the blue mage came to the end of his speech, though, Roark’s brows pinched in suspicion.

“You speak of magic transfer circles… we assumed they were coming in from the ships and just taking detours to get here… Do you have information we do not? And why would only the east be suitable for transferring troops? The El Nagi clan controls much of the land in the west, but we hardly have the people to monitor the whole region. Would it not make more sense to try and surround us? Why not all directions? What do you know that we don’t and how did you come by this information, mage?”

He could not keep from being suspicious of Yakuroro, every time he had seen or heard about the magician, he was causing a commotion. At the ball following the coronation ceremony, he had called Lagi a demon and then challenged him to a Coliseum fight. At the protests, he had demanded Lagi step down as the leader of Reim, instead claiming they should find a ‘rightful heir’ to the Empire. And now the man was blatantly admitting to impersonating the Emperor of Kou. How far should he trust the words of this rogue element? What was the magician’s purpose in this country? He let out a loud sigh and shook his head, waving Yakuroro towards one of the higher ranking military officials present.

“If you would be so kind as to share this oddly insightful information with General Julius, along with any other information you happen to magically stumble upon, it would be greatly appreciated. For those of you interested in helping Lagi with the task of using animals in whatever way we can, step to the left of the room to confer with myself in a few moments. For those wanting to help with the acquisition of supplies, speak with General Julius, as he has been the one tracking the movement of their shipments. For those interested in helping to secure leverage, come speak to me directly.”

The overall ideas set out, he gave the people present the chance to divide up in the room, keeping a close eye on Yakuroro, still not feeling fully comfortable with trusting the blue mage but knowing they needed any help they could get.

((You may post a reaction and exit at this point. Tasks will be posted in the main thread by no later than tomorrow morning for players to claim individual tasks.))

10Roark's Rage [Event] Empty Re: Roark's Rage [Event] on 01/02/15, 05:07 pm

Lance Knighthunter

Lance Knighthunter
β-Tier
β-Tier
OOC: Sorry I am late!

Lance hid in a shadow as the group in front of him gave suggestions and plans on how they should deal with the current situation while the big guy listened to them. He smiled at the group in front of him and raised his eyebrow "The removal of Kou?" he muttered under his breath with a smile "This may help me gain some points with the king... gain his trust... and then" he said as he smacked his fist into his hand "Destroyed." he said with a crazy look in his eye.

The people talked about using animals and gathering supplies. He smiled and chuckled "This seems like quite the elaborate plan." he said as he nodded "I mean the king uses animals to fight so that may be a bit helpful when it comes to this. The Kou does not stand a chance against us." he said with a smile that was full of blood lust.

He had been waiting for a chance like this for a long time and now that he was finally given the chance there was no way in hell that he would pass it up. Lance decided that he wanted to help with the animals because it seemed more interesting than gathering supplies.

Roark's Rage [Event] Lance%20Sigs_zpsnurfpyvo

11Roark's Rage [Event] Empty Re: Roark's Rage [Event] on 07/02/15, 07:04 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
Yakuroro's eyes narrowed as Roak began to question his source of information and criticize his suggestion, but a smile remained upon his expression all the same. Roak's incompetence as a leader was making itself all the more clear from his reaction. It seemed the man could not see past Yakuroro's interference with King Lagi's rule. Being prideful and protective of one's family was fine, but when such traits are embodied to a fault...well, it didn't matter if Roak trusted Yakuroro, he was here to help Reim. Not the El Nagi clan. "There are no special means behind my information. I'm simply looking at what is before my eyes." Yakuroro said with a matter of fact tone. There answer to all of Roak's questions was already within the words Yakuroro had shared. The core of his plan emphasized a hasty mobilization in order to spread the net before Kou forces could advance deep enough into Reim to surround the capital.

Since it didn't seem like his input was appreciated, Yakuroro saw fit to leave. It was a stretch to think that his tactical advise would be accepted with open arms in the first place, but laying out strategy was not the only card Yakuroro had to play. There were other ways he could prevent fighting from taking place. When directed to a military official Yakuroro simply waved his hand as if to dismiss the notion, "There won't be any need. I'll be ceasing communication with your group. Good luck~" The Imuchakk mused before turning on his heel and taking his leave. He was going to halt communication because his next step was to head into the heart of the Kou army itself, but the mischievous magician would let Roak think whatever he wanted of those words.

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum