You are not connected. Please login or register

The Lonesome Travelers (Social, Open)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Heliad

Heliad
D-Tier
D-Tier

He had forgotten how much he hated Heliohapt. It wasn't the people, the culture and least of all the food. No, it was the unbearable heat. Between the landmasses, Heliohapt's climate seemed ridiculously warmer, which was quite impressive considering how many square kilometers of desert there was in the world. That and the fact he ran out of water after trekking back from that oasis might have had something to do with out. Also the fact he had no money. Or food. Or supplies. Or any idea where the hell he was.

Or really anything other than the clothes on his back.

Okay, so maybe this wasn't his finest moment in trying to travel the world, but he had only been to Heliohapt, and even then he was just passing through. Now, it seemed he was stuck here for the time being. Still, it didn't feel like all that bad a place, as he sat resting in a side-street beneath the shade of the buildings. The people seemed lively, merchants came and went, and ... well, the beggars around this area weren't completely malnourished, so perhaps they were just down on their luck? Compared to Reim, it was more quiet. In a sense, more calm despite the number of people out and about. Or perhaps that was just his imagination given it's been a few years since he returned to Reim.

"... I miss home. Perhaps, I should go ... back," he weakly muses, as his head droops a little. When had it been since he last gotten decent rest? Between the burning days and the cold nights, he couldn't exactly remember being comfortable enough to get enough hours of sleep. Fortunately, the shade was helping right now and not too long later, he'd be sitting a bit hunched forward, covered by light fabric that shielded his exposed skin from the sun. A full-body cloak, slightly brown and frayed at the ends, that obscured his physical appearance. The only indication he was still alive was the light movement of cloth as he breathed, also the fact that he occasionally gnashed his teeth.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Always struggling with the truth of the life that might have been.
But no matter how jagged your path is, you'll always come back to the road.

Felix V

Felix V
D-Tier
D-Tier

They were an odd pair, a teenage boy, and a canine even bigger than him.  Made even stranger given that they were currently walking through some backwater merchant town in the middle of nowhere.  Still, it was reasonably safe.  He doubted his siblings would track him out here, but he still needed to be prepared.

Which is why they were currently walking down some backstreet in the scorching heat instead of staying in their lovely cool room water, shade, and no people constantly bumping into them.

"Excuse me, pardon me, excu-oof."

Finally, after having taken one to many elbows to the gut, Felix decided to stop being polite.

"Zhuli, clear a path."

They moved unmolested through the crowd now, the citizens giving the snarling wolf a wide berth.  Now with plenty of room they moved through the market.  After buying some supplies they cut through an alley on the way to their current place of residence.  A faint trickling noise makes it's way to Felix's ears as they move past the rows of beggars.

"WOAH! Zhuli! What did I tell you about peeing on people?  Only if they're dead!  This guy is only mostly dead, that mean's he's still partly alive." He finishes berating his canid companion and turns his attention to the poor wretch she just relieved herself on.
"Hey, I'm really sorry about that."

The Lonesome Travelers (Social, Open) Izayasig_zps75292126

Heliad

Heliad
D-Tier
D-Tier

He wasn't completely asleep, more in the relaxation before true sleep. Still, it was so comforting he didn't pay the odd noises, what sounded like the heavy breaths of ... some creature. Also sniffing. Was a stray jackal loose? They were fairly common around in the territory of the country, even out here in this backwater town. Before Heliad could open his eyes to see what was happening, he immediately felt a ... moist and warm sensation.

If he wasn't fully awake before, he sure as hell was now, as his eyes snapped open to see ... a ... gigantic furball currently shaking a hind leg at him.

"WOAH! Zhuli! What did I tell you about peeing on people?  Only if they're dead!  This guy is only mostly dead, that mean's he's still partly alive."

ICK! He was ... ! That animal ... ! It URINATED on him?! Heliad quickly lurched forward, at least trying to get on his knees to he could pull off this damned thing, now wet with the ... furball's ... urine. Only one problem, his stomach realized just how much he was exerting himself (or planned to), and decided to make itself known. Whilst the owner of this ... he believed it to be a canine of some sort, but the fur was making it hard to tell, but while the owner of this creature was attempting to apologize, his own stomach let out a deep and rumbling growl. So loud this sound was, Heliad was almost certain that the wall he was bracing himself against now quaked a little.

"Hey, I'm really sorry about that."

It was not every day he found himself in a situation like this. And frankly, given this person seemed to be well off with his strange dress by the local cultural standards, he must've been a traveler! An opportunity to perhaps get out of this place, and hopefully back to Reim after three years away? His strength was fading from him with the full realization of his body and his hunger, so ... he probably only had this one chance before turning to more desperate means.

Falling forward and gripping the stranger at the waist, the Fanalis, whose red hair was now exposed as he had torn off the hood of his cloak in the hasty attempt to remove the garment (prior to the earthshattering growl) spoke.

"Heeeelp ... pleaase. Fooooooood."

Felix V

Felix V
D-Tier
D-Tier

For a moment, Felix tried to find the animal that was attacking them.  However, he quickly determined that there was not an angry sabertooth tiger nearby, and the loud noise was instead coming from the urine soaked man's stomach.  Perturbed, he tried to back away, only to be glomped on by the still moist man.

Ugh, maybe Zhuli was just trying to improve the way this guy smells.

"Heeeelp ... pleaase. Fooooooood."

His first instinct was something along the line of "hell fucking no."  However, he swiftly changed his mind when he saw that the foul smelling man was a Fanalis. Hmm...maybe he can help me.  No more running.  I could go back home, deal with the bastard and the rest of my "siblings"...  With his mind made up, he grabbed a wine skin that he had just purchased and handed it to the obviously starving man.

"Here, that should tide you over.  I have food at my place."

After this he would the red haired man to his house.  Inside would be two rather large sleeping mats, several pots of water, and enough food to feed the average person for at least a week.
"I'll go see if I can find you something to wear, help yourself to some food."

With that, he would leave to a smaller room, intent on finding some clothes big enough to fit the larger man, and more importantly, some soap.

Heliad

Heliad
D-Tier
D-Tier

There was an awkward pause while he was clinging onto this stranger, having been reduced to begging for maybe scraps. Oh fate, how he cursed thee! Cursed thee, he would mull over for about a few microseconds in the dark, blackest parts of his mind that were immediately swallowed up more by the embarrassment he felt. Not that this was the first he had to live off alms, but ... well, it was the first time he'd asked for it after being urinated on. That was new.

"Here, that should tide you over.  I have food at my place."

As if Jove himself took pity on his waylaid, starving behind, this stranger who had no obligation really to help him, offered him a drink! He had assumed it was a waterskin, given this was a godforsaken desert (Truly, naming a desert "Of the Forgotten Souls" was an excellent tourism plan) ... imagine his surprise to be drinking something much more bitter and with a sting to it. Not that the drink wasn't appreciated, but ... really, had he come upon a font of luck?

Whilst the others who watched this site were confused as to whether they were witnessing a comedy routine, the Fanalis hurriedly removed the offending garment whilst chasing down his savior who seemed unconcerned as to whether or not he was actually following him. Surprisingly, his home was not that far away, though proximity to the central bazaar must've been a nice little plus. It was a small and humble abode, oddly not well-furnished, yet ludicrously stocked for one individual.

"I'll go see if I can find you something to wear, help yourself to some food."

Any lingering doubts he had about imposing on this good will and fortune was no long gone as he gazed upon what must have been a mother lode of supplies, food and water. What a sight for sore, sorry eyes as he murmured his thanks to various patrons before realizing that one, he did not know the name of this generous person, and two, said generous person was well outside of his range of vision (accursed walls!) and also earshot. Well, he could always give his thanks later, and made a note to do it at the earliest opportunity before doing as the Reimean did, except in Heliohapt, and begin with some protein

There are many strange sights in this world, but surely the image of a shirtless Fanalis inhaling a whole scorched fowl and then coughing up the bones is very much bizarre. This among other things, as he began to greedily devour the supplies that could feed one man for seven days or seven men for one day ... or something, something, something. Mathematics. Too hungry, don't care.

Felix V

Felix V
D-Tier
D-Tier

Alright, did a good deed, and maybe I'll get a new traveling companion, someone to deal with all of those other bastards.

He quickly found some of his looser clothing, for when he was trying to blend in, that he figured would fit the taller man.  Soap, should probably get him some soap too.  A few more minutes of rummaging, and he made his way back to the main room, bundle in hand.  What...the actual...

"Fuck."

What he saw, was carnage.  There was enough supplies to last him, and the giant wolf  that lived with him, at least a week.  All of it was gone.  All. Of. It.  Rations, water, wine, a boiling pot of stew, boxes full of dried meat, the man even ate the raw meat he had just bought to dry.  Bite marks on all of the jars where he kept his water, some with chunks taken out, and ... was that hole always in his wall?

He stood there, dumbstruck for a minute, slowly panning over the destruction that was his room.  As he panned over a fore mentioned wolf, he noticed her quietly gnawing on one of the larger bones that was flavoring the stew.  He made eye contact, and his long time companion simply shot him a look that clearly said, "Hey, I just peed on him, you're the one that brought him into your house."

"Well ... I did say 'help yourself'..."  He quickly remembered his mission, and put on a happier face, his tone lifting to project a more cheerful demeanor. "Are you at least less hungry now?  Oh, and I got you some new clothes.  There's a well in the commons if you want to wash up a bit, I found you some soap."
He held the bundle out to the bundle out to the crimson haired man, a grin on his face, as he rapidly contemplated this new development.
Alright, so he ate...everything, and now I'm out of money.  Maybe he'll feel obligated to help me, or pay me back.  Hell, maybe this'll make us 'friends', and he'll just stick with me.  Either way I'll need to pick up a few jobs.

Heliad

Heliad
D-Tier
D-Tier

'Maybe I went a little overboard ...' the Fanalis mused to himself after the haze was finally lifted from his eyes. Fortunately for him, while he was hungry, he had not gone a sufficient number of days to feel the worst of malnutrition by starvation. Or at least, be affected enough that inhaling all that food, liquid, foodstuffs, leather, clothing, and masonry would immediately ill effect him. In a few moments, as it would settle into his gut, he probably might regret eating the pot and some bones.

Still, his host had kindly offered him, and he could not deny the grace of his savior could he?

... Right?

Well, now he was having second thoughts when the unnamed foreigner (to Heliohapt at least) returned back, bearing some clothes and what appeared to be a ball of wax, and he looked as if he was about to say something, perhaps something profound!

"Fuck."

'Yep, went overboard'

"Uhm ... s-sorry. It's just been a while since I had a meal, and I u-uh ... I'm just sorry." If memory served him well, in Kou the gesture he was about to perform was called a 'kowtow', an act of full prostration. An aptly meaningful gesture of submission, given he had clearly overstepped the hospitality of his h-

"Well ... I did say 'help yourself'..." He hears those words, slightly garbled as they're mumbled more than spoken. Confusion is clearly the dominant mood of the room, between himself, his savior, and the large wolf who was simply enjoying the pleasures of gnawing on a bone.

"Are you at least less hungry now?  Oh, and I got you some new clothes.  There's a well in the commons if you want to wash up a bit, I found you some soap."

The shift was not hard to catch, clearly his savior had some intentions, of which feeding him were some sort of means to an end. Why else would he be trying to put on a more personable expression and tone now after the bitterness from earlier. Or, though slightly less implausibly, this person was a masterful actor and skilled social operator, and was baiting him into feeling the guilt that he would have from assuming that he had been more trouble than the intended worth!

Or something. Point of the matter is, his host was putting on a brave face about the devastation. Even if he hadn't, the course of action Heliad would take now is clear, the custom of hospitality demanded it!

"Thank you very much for your kindness today!" He begins, before dropping down and completing the gesture that he had intended to do earlier before being distracted by his host attempting to speak. Complete with a loud smack as his face hit the floor in his eagerness. He would continue, starting with a proper introduction, given the two had yet to even exchange names ... and proper gratitude could not be given without that.

"I am Heliad, a Fanalis traveler from the Reim Empire. How may I possibly repay the immense kindness you've given me today, master ... ?" He raises his head up, while remaining on his knees and staring up expectantly at this unknown individual. His voice trails off a bit near the end as he mentions the word master, for that seemed an appropriate title to attach to this individual, who seemed to make a self-sufficient living, and had extended what spare he had to him ... and was all devoured. That and he was kinda hoping that now he'd learn the name, and maybe they'd properly arrange paying off the current debt he racked up in supplies, and maybe damage costs to the building.

'I know there's clay in my mouth, but I honestly can't remember when I took a bite out of the pots ... and the wall ... wasn't that hole there before I came in?'

Felix V

Felix V
D-Tier
D-Tier

After a brief instance of surprise, Felix's mind began to scramble.  He began latching onto half-remembered lessons on etiquette from his parents, which he was only now just realizing was probably to keep him alive.  He hoped his quick deliberation would be covered by the fact that the only other person in the room was currently prostrated across his floor.  With that, he bowed slightly, keeping his chin raised just a bit.

"I am Felix Quintus Spurius, of Reim.  My act of kindness was just that, kindness.  However, if you believe yourself to be in my debt, I only ask that you travel with me, and aid me in my ventures, until such a time as you believe it has been repaid.  I intend to gain strength, and garner allies, until the day when I return to Reim to confront my past.  Will you aid me in this Heliad?"

Holy crap, that was cheesy.  Well lets see if that works.

Rising form his short bow, he moved into a military at-ease, hands clasped behind his back, and fingers subtly crossed.  As he looks down at the man currently laid out on his floor, the large silver wolf rises up, and sits at his side, gazing down at the man as well.  While Felix stands with a cultivated air of nobility, Zhuli looks down with a cold expression, as if she is looking at a rabbit that's too small to be worth the effort to snap up.

Heliad

Heliad
D-Tier
D-Tier

"I am Felix Quintus Spurius, of Reim."

So, that's why he seemed so misplaced here in Heliohapt, but ... to think that his savior also came from Reim? What luck, perhaps he intends to return one day. Still, that didn't answer why he was out here in the deserts of Heliohapt, but ... at least now he had a name to attach to that kindness.

'Felix, eh? I wonder ...'

"My act of kindness was just that, kindness.  However, if you believe yourself to be in my debt, I only ask that you travel with me, and aid me in my ventures, until such a time as you believe it has been repaid."

The Fanalis grinned at such a straightforward attitude. Truth be told, it was a bit refreshing, whether or not there was some ulterior motive at play. Being a foreigner lately had always meant he faced the mistrust and all sorts of other unpleasant goodness while trying to be his usual self ... that sort of atmosphere was never great for the soul or the mind. So, even if Felix wasn't going to suggest something, well, it'd probably be best to stick around him anyway! Except not when he's trying to stock up, Heliad concluded as one of the currently empty water jars cracked a little from where it had been bitten.

"I intend to gain strength, and garner allies, until the day when I return to Reim to confront my past.  Will you aid me in this Heliad?"

And just like that his grin and mood was lost in the span of a few moments. Truly, whoever this person was seemed to have a knack at this, as he gave a soft, though faint ponderous smile as he considered those words. 'Strength' and 'Allies'? Confront his 'past'? Although he was grateful to Felix, he wasn't going to start throwing his life to his needs as well, especially not if it meant marching back to Reim and doing harm to someone else. Or at least, doing harm without cause ... which didn't seem like this fellow's style.

"I see. I'm pleased to meet you, Felix, but uh ... you've gone and piqued my interest now. You're not some sort of fugitive, are you? Nonono-what-am-I-talkingaboutofcourseyouaren't. S-sorry! Not trying to accuse you of being a criminal! But, we're quite a long ways from Reim, what sort of past are we even talking about here? And why would you need power to face it?" So much for keeping smooth, or calm. Half of his words came out as a jumbled mess, but the rest more or less came as steady as he could after he realized he was inadvertently accusing him of being some sort of traitor or deserter from Reim. Also, after that mishap, he kept to the ground, but getting off his knees and into a sitting position. All the better to rest a little bit hunched forward, and glare at the dog. Wolf. Furball, who seemed to be moments away from snapping at him.

Felix V

Felix V
D-Tier
D-Tier

Felix says stoic for a moment as the accusation-slash-question fell from his guest's mouth.  His face twitches at the words "fugitive" and "criminal."  The silence drags on a bit, until finally, he starts to laugh quietly.  Still chuckling he sinks down and sits on the floor across from the Fanalis.  Zhuli starts to rise, after years of training her he recognizes the way her muscles are moving, and he lets out a quick 'tsst' sound.  The large wolf totally switches demeanor and relaxes, lumbering back to her mat to gnaw on her bone.  With the laughter still evident in his voice, he begins to explain.

"I'm awful at all of this court nonsense.  So, I'll just be casual.  You ever hear of Demetrius Fisto?  He's like the merchant king of Reim, practically nobility, rules the underground, has the ear of the Emperor, that kind of thing.  He's my father.  Apparently he has a bad habit of ... partying, and he tends to take a lot of "female acquaintances," whether they're willing or not.  So I have a lot of siblings."

He sighs and leans back, his hands over his face as he inhales deeply before starting again, his hand gripping the hair at the back of his head.

"So one day, he gets to thinking,.  'What am I going to do with my empire?  I have no legitimate heir.'  So he puts the word out.  Tells us all to figure it out amongst ourselves.  Last one standing get's the prize.  So it's blood in the streets, not just in Reim, but all over.  Most of us don't even know that we're part of this shit until someone pulls a blade.  But Dad, he's fond of keeping records.  So there's a group of people that are trying to off the rest of us, so they can get the prize."

He sits back up, hands folded, arms propped on his knees.  He doesn't make eye contact, just looks into the middle distance, lost in thought.  Zhuli lifts her head, watching her master.  She doesn't make a sound, but she's on edge, ready to return to his side in an instant should he need it.

"My twelfth birthday, my parents tell me to go out and explore the city.  We lived in Remano, in the lower quarter, but we lived alright.  So anyway, I go out, seeing the sights, visiting the great fountain checking out merchant row, that sort of thing.  I come back late, and one of my older brother's decided to pay a visit.  The whole neighborhood was in flames, and everyone that lived there was too.  So he came after me and I-" He falters a bit, "Zhuli saves me ... and I run.  And I haven't stopped running since.  Someone always ends up finding me though.  It's only  a matter of time before someone realizes I'm here."

He lifts his head, and looks Heliad in the eye.

"That's why I was stocking up.  I've been here for too long, and I was gonna leave.  I don't know where yet, just ... away.  But eventually, I'm going back to Reim, to Remano, to my home.  And I'm gonna beat that asshole for  making this my life."

He exhales deeply, and lays back on the floor, his arm thrown over his eyes.

"I don't know why I'm telling you all of this.  I don't even know you.  Heh, maybe that's why.  But seriously, I would appreciate it if you would stay with me, help me out with this.  But you don't have to.  I'm sure you have your own problems.  And I was serious about the food being no big deal.  I know what it's like to go hungry, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone."

Heliad

Heliad
D-Tier
D-Tier

The Fanalis couldn't help but keep quiet during this long ... exposition. Not that he was used to this events, which seemed to happen a lot lately (although in most cases, he was treated as a piece of furniture rather than a conversational partner). But, given this was a bit more detailed information than he had intended to receive, it seemed a bit rude too interrupt his host who gave it away freely, just as he had done with his supplies.

Well, okay. Maybe he hadn't freely given it away so much as accidentally bitten off more than he could chew with his hospitality. Although, all things considered, the one who had been doing the chewing was him ... on his stock ... ... this metaphor is confused now. Heliad promptly cleansed the idle thoughts in his mind, along with the constant crooked smiles (or more accurately, bearing his teeth) at the wolf. Dog. ... Mutt. No, no. He couldn't assume what it was, so henceforth he was going to refer to it as THE 'Furball.' But yes, his undivided attention was given, particularly at the point of ... the more specific recollection.

Twelve years of age, still just a boy, and who knows what horrors he had seen. Truly, the world was quite a screwed up place, he sagely concluded, having had his own share of hardships (though not quite as fantastical), and seen ugliness in the world. Rather depressing state of affairs, all things considered, but now ... here was quite the dilemma for himself: What was he to do now? On one hand, while grateful, he didn't quite feel indebted enough to follow Felix on his own personal vendetta and journey to inevitable patricide. And on the other hand, he had seen that damn fire, at ... wait a minute!

A great conflagration that nearly devastated an entire portion of the lower quarter. He remembered that incident, not personally, but ... it was yet another tragedy of the capital, which while abundant with resources and filled with security, was also ripe for infestation by criminals and scum and criminal scum.

... He was thirteen or so when that happened.

During the awkward pause that followed after Felix baring his past to him and Heliad processing this information, he then chuckled. And immediately tried to compose himself, but couldn't help it. To think, they were that close in age?

"Ahahaha, sorry, sorry. Not laughing at you, or your circumstances. Just ... pffff ... huaahahahaha!" As to why he found this fact amusing, was beyond him. It was more a sense of relief, perhaps? A bit more laughter and some deep breaths later, he finally managed to compose himself.

"If there are gods or some higher power, they have a crazy sense of humor. To think, two Reimeans, somewhat on the lam, would meet here in some lost oasis town in the middle of Heliohapt's deserts. Yes, fate has a weird sense of humor ..." He attempts to mask the true source of his laughter, with a technically still true statement. This was far too coincidental to just let be, after all. Just, slightly less amusing than the notion at the age differences, for reasons unbeknownst to him. Still, a good feeling was good enough, no reason to try and fight it too hard.

From his cross-legged position, he then slowly stretched out his left leg out in front of him, raising up his knee as a higher resting point for his arm, whilst he now propped his head against his open palm. His ever-changing expression in this conversation had a rather dorkish, childish grin as he considered what this chance encounter meant.

"You've done a lot for me, considering I got stranded here a few days back, in a freak sandstorm. Honestly, even if it was indirectly, you've probably saved my life. Or at least spared it of a lot of agonizing days. Now, it wouldn't do for me to just eat up your hospitality, and then go on my merry way would it? That and I'm broke, so it's not like I'm headed anywhere anyway." And then his more silly grin yet again turned into a more grim expression, as he shifted from the subject.

"Also, your dad sounds like an asshole. And I mean the kind of despicable, disgusting inhuman existence that shouldn't continue to live." Whatever warmth he had before was discarded as he nearly spat out these words, it was his honest opinion given the man was promoting this blood sport of its own for his own amusement and gain. The worst kind of lout.

"Can't say I'll help you go find his ass and scalp him, but ... I'm not against helping you restock and get ready for that day. What do you say?" And as though a switch flips inside of him, he's gone from scowling to cheerily grinning again. For a brief moment, his eyes are shut as he once again gives off an overly jolly expression.

Felix V

Felix V
D-Tier
D-Tier

Felix shot up as soon as he heard the laughter from his house guest, his eyes burning with indignation.  However, he quickly moved from rage to confusion when he heard what followed.

"If there are gods or some higher power, they have a crazy sense of humor. To think, two Reimeans, somewhat on the lam, would meet here in some lost oasis town in the middle of Heliohapt's deserts. Yes, fate has a weird sense of humor ..."

And what the hell is that supposed to mean?  Yeah it's a coincidence, but I'm not the only Remano here.

"You've done a lot for me, considering I got stranded here a few days back, in a freak sandstorm. Honestly, even if it was indirectly, you've probably saved my life.  Or at least spared it of a lot of agonizing days. Now, it wouldn't do for me to just eat up your hospitality, and then go on my merry way would it? That and I'm broke, so it's not like I'm headed anywhere anyway."

Cheerful son of a bitch.  So . . . is he saying yes?  Kind of dancing around the point.

"Also, your dad sounds like an asshole. And I mean the kind of despicable, disgusting inhuman existence that shouldn't continue to live."

Yeah, no kidding.  So what's this all leading up to?

"Can't say I'll help you go find his ass and scalp him,"

Yeah, thanks.  Well have a nice d-

"But . . ."

Buuuuuuut?  Come on, I'm waitingI

"I'm not against helping you restock and get ready for that day. What do you say?"

Better than I had any business hoping for I suppose.

"Thank you.  It's more than you need to. Umm...If you need a place to stay you're welcome here."  His face splits into a rueful grin, "Just . . . maybe use that soap.  Oh, and I don't have any food to offer, so we'll have to get some money tomorrow."

Heliad

Heliad
D-Tier
D-Tier

Well, this was certainly an odd day so far. But, odd was not necessarily bad. And, in this case he'd just gone from homeless to ... well, he wouldn't quite call it a home just yet, considering it wasn't his AND he was still imposing on his good host's kindness. That said, things weren't completely uphill considering he was still broke, and evidently so was his host. So, that meant tomorrow was going to be interested, perhaps there'll be someone willing to shell out some cash in exchange for a little protection? That would be ideal, the Fanalis concludes as he gets up onto his knees and leans forward to take that bundle of clothing and soap offered earlier, chuckling a little too himself at the reminder he had, in fact, been pissed on earlier.

"I'll probably take you up on that offer, thanks. There ought to be some jobs out there, heard some locals chattering about all sorts of things ... so, no shortage of labor to get us some coins at least. And now, if you'll excuse me ... I think I best get cleaned up now." And with that, he was off to find a more secluded place and some water to thoroughly drench himself with in the hopes that the smell hadn't become a part of him now.

[Exeunt Heliad]

Felix V

Felix V
D-Tier
D-Tier

"I'll probably take you up on that offer, thanks. There ought to be some jobs out there, heard some locals chattering about all sorts of things ... so, no shortage of labor to get us some coins at least. And now, if you'll excuse me ... I think I best get cleaned up now."

"Have fun with that."

Once his new roommate had left, Felix moved over to his canid companion, and leaned against her side.

"What do you think?  Can we trust him?"  The wolf huffs."Yeah, I'm not sure either.  Still . . . Best chance we've had in a while." A grunt. "Yeah, I want to go home too."

He rolled over onto his side and leaned into her, settling in to sleep as she curled around him, leaving the other mat for the hopefully less smelly Heliad once he came back.

Exit Felix, Fin

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum