Kios: Chapter Two/Dispelling Chancy [job/Azix]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Job Details :

Ariella was jostled awake by the caravan driver as they came nearer to the plot of land that was now hers. The wagons behind her held a large number of the Grumptoes families from Remano and the trip had been a long one, but the nap along the way had been fantastic. As the horses pulled into the long path leading to the main farm house, she could hear the excited tones from the wagons behind her. They had been blessed with a sunny journey, though the roads were still muddy from the storm the night before. When the wagons pulled to a stop, Jarl was there to greet them with a broad smile, grabbing the reins of one of the horses and patting it fondly.

“Greetings Miss Negri! Safe trip, I am assuming?”

“Indeed, Jarl. And I told you, call me Ari. No need for formality. As you see, we have quite the group here!”

As she spoke, families began pouring from the wagons, the children running around in excitement at the foreign place, most of them having been born and raised in the city. The fresh air, devoid of the stench of the slums, was a welcome aroma to everyone and the sight of animals made the younger kids squeal happily. The parents were helping to unload as several of the farm hands came over to begin hefting the larger items inside the house.

As Nilexa flittered happily nearby, Ari began looking around for Xenos, his carpet tucked under her arm safely so it did not get lost in the shuffle of children, belongings, parents and animals. As she was looking around, the sound of hoof beats came thundering up the path, a panicked looking man riding astride the tired looking horse. She immediately looked up in concern, it was one of the farmer’s that had taken Thus’ sons and he did not look to be bearing good news in the clear early evening air.

[327/1500]

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Kios: Chapter Two/Dispelling Chancy [job/Azix] Ari%20Sigs_zpsn7c2bhju

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The sound of children's laughter drifted through the open window, Azix had been jotting down numbers to estimate the amount of goods the farm could provide. With that in mind, he also estimated the current cost of maintaining the farm, adding an estimate of an additional five families to feed. It looked like the additional hands would allow more of the fields to be used at once. The amount of goods vastly exceeded his expectations and Azix motioned to Viri to see if it was correct.

Viri shook her head, "That is not quite correct. It looks like you didn't take account of crop rotation." Noticing Azix's confusion she smiled, "The farmers use a two-field rotation to help the crops. If you grow the same crop each season, they produce a worse quality crop every other season. Sometimes the soil can get bad.

Azix leaned back in thought, there was much to learn about farming. He gave Viri a teasing grin, "I told you I needed you around."

She shook her head and gave a soft chuckle. "Sounds like Miss Ari is back."

Azix nodded, "Indeed, I will be down shortly."

He turned back to the numbers while Viri went downstairs to greet the newcomers. With the crop rotation in mind it would provide substantially less than his previous estimate, but it was still enough to make profit. He wondered how the other farmers in Kios would fair if they didn't have to deal with Chancy. There was also the matter of the selling and transportation fees through Thus to consider.

With Chancy out of the equation, Azix could probably work out a deal with the other farmers to take in the other Grumptoes' families. With the extra man power available, Azix thought he could he improve the farmer's income. If the manpower was too much for strictly farming, he was sure it could be used for construction and other trades to build up the community. Without securing housing for the non-officer families, that plan would have to wait.

He made his way outside and greeted himself to a few of the parents as Xenos, sharing a few words before welcoming his Lieutenants. The exchange was interrupted as he noticed a rider on a horse approaching rapidly. A sinking feeling balled up in the pit of his stomach, it had to be bad news.

The rider stopped a few meters from Azix, "That bastard took our daughters! You see what he's like! Chancy is a monster! Can you get them back?"

Azix nodded, "I can do my best. Viri," He spotted her in the middle of the crowd. "Do you have a map of Kios or someone to draw one quickly?"

Viri pursed her lips in thought, "We don't have a map, but I believe I can help you."

As Viri went inside, Azix turned back to the rider and offered him a handshake, "The name is Xenos. What is your name?"

The man took Azix's hand, "Bartholomew Green, I remember you from yesterday. Thank you for talking some sense into us. If I had known he would go this far, I wouldn't have been a part of it."

Bartholomew choked back a sob and Azix rest his hand on the man's shoulder. "Don't worry, we will get them back. I need a moment to plan, why don't you go inside and get a cup of tea?"

Azix gave Bartholomew an encouraging smile and then turned to Ariella, "We have some work to do..." As he spoke, he spotted another rider fast approaching from the same direction Bartholomew had.

Azix scowled at the familiar face as he recognized Thus. Bartholomew shouted out a challenge to the man before Azix could stop him. After silencing the farmer with a look he redirected his gaze to Thus. "Surely you jest. Did you come here to rub your uncle's actions in?"

Thus slid off his horse and gave an apologetic look to Bartholomew, "I'm sorry. I didn't realize he would go this far. I ran to him and-"

Bartholomew pushed past Azix, but the magician quickly held him from going any farther. Ignoring Azix Bartholomew shouted, "Our daughters! He took our daughters you sniveling coward!"

Thus flushed red and he looked away, hiding his tears. "I know. I said I'm sorry. I tried to stop him but he threatened to kill me. I don't know what to do now."

Seeing the change of heart Thus had, Azix spoke up. "Accept the apology for now Bartholomew. You have your daughter to worry about. Now, Thus can you tell me the easiest way to sneak unseen up into your Uncle's property? Good, please go inside, explain the situation to Viri and tell her where the best routes our. Thank you." Azix released Bartholomew and sighed, "Please trust me. He's not the monster here, you can see it in his eyes."

Bartholomew scowled and muttered but didn't push the matter further. Azix turned back to Ariella, "You up for another romantic night under the stars?" He stuck his tongue, teasing her.

[845/1500]

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ari raced over to the side of Xenos, her face tense. When the farmer spoke, her stomach dropped and twisted in a sick way. This Chancy man was not a nice creature and had caused far too much trouble for this community, from what she could tell. When Thus came riding up as well, she nearly lashed out until Xenos calmed the situation with some short words and decisiveness. As Viri and Thus made out a set of plans for them, Ari gave Xenos a look of attentiveness, nodding when he mentioned having work to do. She was ready for anything at this point, the nap had left her well rested and she was eager to assist the community in any way she could.

At Xenos’ teasing words, she rolled her eyes and shook out the magic carpet, a playful grin gracing her lips.

“You know, one day, you might take me someplace where I am not going to risk getting my clothes messy with blood. I would not know what to do with myself.”

Viri came hurriedly from the house, waving a piece of paper towards them, Thus hustling after her, huffing with the effort of keeping up with the head housekeeper. They quickly explained the best way to get onto Chancy’s land and close to him without being detected. When Thus noticed the flying carpet, he gave an impressed nod.

“That will certainly make it faster to get there. Just be careful, I did not think he was this… mad. He’s family and all, but this just ain’t right. Stealing girls from these farmers is just wrong, I say. And I am sorry, again… for everything.”

Ari nodded at him, studying the map Viri had drawn for them and pointed out a few different suggestions. Nilexa fluttered near her, concerned by her Mistress’ distress and wanting to help. Ari gave her a calming pat but then issued her a stern look.

“You stay here, Nilexa. I want you to make sure Thus and Farmer Green do not get into a brawl, okay? Help Viri keep them under control. Can you do that for me?”

The winged serpent trilled at her in acceptance of the orders and went to hover near Viri like a guard dog. Thus and Farmer Green both gave Nilexa a wide berth, frightened by the small serpent.

Ari stepped onto the carpet and arched a brow at Xenos, waving a hand to the carpet.

“Well, boss, time for all that romantic star gazing time. Maybe fit an assassination in there?”

[752/1500]

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Azix smiled at Ariella's eagerness to start the mission, "One second, my dear." He turned to the crowd and gave a sharp whistle, gathering the attention of the Grumptoes who came running up. "I know you are anxious to help your families move in, but I have a task for you. Do you mind?"

The Grumptoes looked between each other before settling their gaze on Lavicus. Lavicus smiled, "We would be happy to help. What have you got for us?"

"Only the most important mission of all. I need your eyes on Chancy's estate to give me an estimate of the guards. Consider this part of your training." Azix paused for a moment to take the time to look in each of the five boy's eyes, "This has an element of danger in it, please be careful."

Octovius laughed, "Don't worry about us, boss. Where are we to go?"

Azix motioned for Jarl to approach, "Can you get a horse and buggy ready for the boys?" Jarl nodded and quickly departed to fulfill the order. Azix turned to Bartholomew, "I want you to drive the buggy with the boys into town to meet up with the teenagers who warned us about the messenger last night. I don't remember their names, but they informed me they were spying on Chancy's property. I want them to join the Grumptoes and you on spying on Chancy. Lavicus will instruct you guys on what to do."

Bartholomew looked between Azix and the boys, "Grumptoes? Never mind that, you are having these young boys spy on a dangerous man? Are you out of your mind?" Some of the parents looked like they shared Bartholomew's fears

Octovius started to leap forward to argue, but Lavicus held him back before speaking, "Yes, we are young, but this is what the Grumptoes do. Please, take us to these teenagers Xenos speaks of so we can get an idea of the layout." Lavicus spoke in a neutral tone, but his eyes reflected the desire to prove himself. Feeling his mother's eyes on his back he turned around, "Don't worry mother, Xenos has taught us how to avoid danger and remain unseen. Trust him, he's the reason we have been able to eat well and the reason we are out of the slums now."

Bartholomew looked at the determination in the boy's eyes and sighed. "If this is what you want, follow me. How will you find us?"

Azix pointed to the carpet, "I can spot you from the sky. Lavicus, your orders are to simply count the amount of guards Chancy has and if possible, get their locations. Those teenagers will know the best hiding spots since they know the land, listen to their advice. Once you've found secure positions, send one of you to a safe place south of Chancy's property where Ariella and I can rendezvous."

Lavicus nodded and motioned for the Grumptoes to follow, leading them to where Jarl went. Bartholomew gave a critical look to Azix before shaking his head and following after them. With the plans in motion Azix turned to the Grumptoes' families who looked a mix of shocked and concerned to learn how the boys had been earning money. "I understand your worry, but as Lavicus said, please trust me. I wish only the best for you and your boys."

Lavicus' mother stepped forward with a tight grip on Sophie's hand, "That's easy for you to say! If I had known this is what Lavicus was doing, I would have told him no!"

Azix nodded, "I agree, that might have been best for his safety. Instead of earning money to help his family, he could have stayed starving on the streets, easy prey for twisted men. Instead of helping me track those sick men and removing them from the streets, he should have never learned his value as a leader and gained the self-confidence to believe he could be someone. I apologize for my actions." His words were harsh, but his tone and features were sorrowful. Azix did hate the fact that he was using young boys to be his spies, but he had watched them grow up into stronger and self-confident individuals because of it.

Sophie looked up at her mother and frowned, "Xenos is the one who saved me! Don't be mean to him." Her mother looked from Sophie to Azix in shock.

Before Azix could reply, one of the men stepped forward, "You mean you had these boys tracking criminals? That is extremely dangerous! Even if we ignore that, you claim you are helping. What do you expect in return?"

Azix shrugged and looked up at the sky, "What do I expect in return? From you? Nothing but your happiness and willingness to learn. I want the families of the boys I've been helping to realize their worth too. I want you to feel at home here in Kios, helping these farmers out and earning your keep. From the moment I came to Reim, I've worked to change this country into a better and safer place. I don't expect or want anything in return except for my actions to improve the conditions for others."

The families all looked stunned and an uncomfortable silence settled over those present. Thankfully Viri cleared her throat, "Well, if we're done with this for now, follow me so I can show you to your rooms, please. Xenos, please be careful."

Azix nodded and pointed to Thus, "I want you to stay with Viri," He spoke in a tone loud enough for the Head Housekeeper to hear. "I believe your words are true, but I'd rather not take the chance that you are here to spy for your uncle. Go, help her with whatever she asks and don't leave this property. I won't spare your life again if you do."

With that Azix hopped on the carpet behind Ariella, "Take us high above Kios and let me see the different properties from above, my dear Ari."

[845 + 1001/1500]

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ari chuckled, blushing slightly at the mentions of “dear” and glad the falling dusk would hide the flush of color. She was impressed with how he had handled the parents, which she knew would one day figure out what their children were doing to earn extra money. While she understood their concerns, the life their children had before Xenos was just as dangerous, if not more so, than what he was teaching them. At least he was also teaching them to defend themselves.

She waited for him to climb aboard the carpet before lifting it into the air, still exhilarated by the sensation of such a small amount of magoi being able to do such incredible things like allow flight. Being closer to the stars was nothing to scoff at either, and the view from above the farm was amazing. She directed the carpet slowly towards Kios, wanting to make sure Xenos had time to look around and get a good lay of the land. It was natural to be curious about where he would be putting up the families he had decided to shelter.

She first pointed out the farms nearest to them and what each of them offered. While her farm was better-rounded, others were more singularly focused by necessity. With limited resources and a tight income, variety was not the easiest thing to achieve. Most of the surrounding areas had a few acres of plotted farmland with a few basic animals for the family needs, such as a cow for milking and a few chickens for eggs and slaughter. The closer they got to the village, the fewer fields of crops there were. Below them lay Kios, in all its quiet glory. Candles burned in windows of huts made from mud, straw and a few sturdy tree branches. Few of the buildings were stone or clay and the only wooden building, aside from barns, was the Trade Depot that Thus owned.

The area was not fancy by any means, but it was homey and she could hear children running below, their laughter floating up to the blanket of stars overhead. She turned to look at Xenos, splaying a hand out below them.

“Well, there you have it, dear Xenos. The quaint town of Kios, where your Grumptoes may actually get to smell something other than the stink of the slums. What do you think?"

[1149/1500]

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Azix looked over the small farming town and felt a pang of sadness that most of its people had to live in mud houses. The farmers may not mind it and find their homes quite cozy, but Azix would offer to help rebuild if they chose to. Regardless, Kios had a friendly, quiet atmosphere besides the hectic events since he arrived. It would be good for the Grumptoes' families out here, the smells of nature refreshing.

His lips curved into a smile, "I think it is perfect. Thank you for your help." He hesitated a moment, deciding how much to tell her. "My real name is Azix Niraj, Ari. I'm going to need even more of your help soon. The real reason I've been rushing to get things sorted is I have to leave to Imuchakk to handle some matters and I don't want to leave the Grumptoes in a bad spot."

Azix would go on to explain his desire for her to handle finding the Grumptoes a teacher for basic education, an instructor for martial arts, and a trainer for spying/pickpocketing. He planned to have his paychecks transferred to his house when he obtained it, so she could handle the expenses and payments. Depending how the job went, Azix asked that she move the rest of the Grumptoes families in, using Chancy's property as their base. The other farmers would need to be asked if they could help train, in return for extra hands when they needed it. The ideals of the community working together to help profits for everyone was stressed to her. If Thus could be trusted, then his services could still be used. It seemed like the man had been pressure by his Uncle and if so, it would just require time for the rest of Kios to realize it.

"So, until I return, you will be Xenos to these people. I'm sorry to put so much on your shoulders, but I trust that you can handle it." After answering any questions, Azix would ask to be taken to where the Grumptoes would be by now.

When he spotted Tyrion at a crossroads, lying low, Azix motioned to bring the magic carpet down. Tyrion led them on foot the rest of the way to where Lavicus was.

Lavicus waved at them before whispering, "There are about twenty guards outside, heavily armed."

Azix nodded, "That is a lot. How about you create a distraction? Pull those guards away for enough time for Ari and I to get in and deal with Chancy."

Lavicus' gaze swept back to Chancy's estate in thought, "I think I have an idea. Wait for our signal, we'll lead them into the woods so we can lose them."

"Be careful," Azix said, clasping hands with his Captain, sharing a meaningful look between them. With a distracted nod, Lavicus moved quickly to gather the others and pointed to a patch of woods.

A few moments later, loud angry shouts could be heard from the woods, "DEATH TO CHANCY! YEAH! BURN HIS HOUSE DOWN!" Several rocks were thrown and they clacked off the estate. The guards looked between themselves for a moment, then moved into formation and descended upon the woods.

Azix grabbed Ariella's hand and pulled her into a run towards Chancy's house. Before they made it to the front door, they heard someone laugh. Azix looked up and saw a man with a spear standing next to a woman with a small round shield and sword. At first glance, Azix thought he saw a sadness reflecting in their eyes, but didn't have time to focus on it.

Gillus Tium, the man with his spear landed five meters to the left of Ariella and got into stance. Janus Silivus, the woman with the sword and shield landed to Azix's right five meters away. If they wanted to get to Chancy, they would have to get through these guards. Little would the magician's know, but these two individuals were officers in Chancy's guard and were having mixed feelings of their charge. Their reasons were each different, but they had lost faith in Chancy's words since he kidnapped the farmer's daughters.

Chancy's actions were a painful reminder to Gillus of the fiance he had lost, sold by her family to a disgusting slave owner. His fiance had been used until she was broken and then discarded. Janus had a stronger resolve, she had been a part of Reim's military and then became a mercenary to find her sisters. She spent years being loyal to her cause, thinking traitors were despicable people, as her dad had been. Now, she was reminded of her sisters being kidnapped and held for ransom because of her father's actions. The turmoil they felt was held behind a wall of action as they focused on their targets.

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ariella watched his reaction, thinking she saw a glimmer of sadness that confused her before he began speaking. In a flood of words, she gained more information than she could have thought on the man. First, his name.

“Azix… Niraj?”

She let the idea settle in, her first instinct to jump to anger over him giving her a false name this entire time, but she knew his business was sensitive and he apparently trusted her enough to give a real name. Or was it real? She would process it later, when he was not piling more information into her confused mind.

“Wait, Imuchakk? You are leaving?”

He went on to explain about arranging instructors and teaching and she nodded dumbly. He obviously trusted her if he was giving her this much responsibility, she had seen first-hand how much he cared for the children and their families. He truly wanted to improve their lives and he was proving it more by attempting to educate them as much as he could. She interjected with questions for clarification on different instructor types, making sure that she would know what to look for during his absence.

Her head was pounding with all of the information, but she tried to absorb it all. Hopefully, she would have time later to get some more discussion in, but for now, they had a job to do. She flew the carpet to where Tyrion was and listened to their report. She was impressed by the information and the offer to provide a distraction. She threw in her own words of caution, she would be heartbroken if any of them were hurt. She followed Xenos…. Azix she reminded herself, closer to the house, finding two guards there.

Dammit, she did not want to hurt anyone but Chancy if she could avoid it. She hummed in thought, tugging on Azix’ sleeve to pull him back slightly, the two guards following at an easy pace, keeping distance between them. But as they neared Azix and Ari, they slowly shifted slightly closer together and her eyes lit up. With a fluid motion, she freed her waved and murmured to the rukh, casting Electric Cage II at them, trapping them inside a hollowed sphere of electricity. If they did not try to exit the sphere, they would be fine. However, if they touched the edge, they would paralyze limbs, making them ineffective at attacking.

“Let us pass, our business is with Chancy, not you. He has taken humans as collateral and is a despicable man. He has no sense of honor. Let us pass and we shall not harm you. We only came for the girls.”

She hoped their words would at least make them hesitate to touch her cage. If not, she was prepared to disable them if necessary.

[Magoi 180/200]
[1616/1500]

Ability Used:

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Janus let Ariella's words go through one ear and out the other, instead she slipped her shield on her left hand and with an upward strike she Thunked it against the Electric Cage II. The electric field shattered, freeing the two guards and Janus headed towards Azix while Gillum moved to Ariella.

Azix was prepared though, his staff stretched towards Janus as he begun conjuring Kage Youshiki. A mass of shadows formed before his staff, speeding towards Janus as two tentacles grew from the mass. The tentacles grabbed each of her arms, immobilizing them in place as Azix stepped closer. He conjured Makihige as he got within range, two more shadow tendrils unraveled around him. Makihige's tendrils performed two quick strikes to Janus' head, rattling her brain and knocking her out.

Azix was surprised that the female warrior had been so easily handled and turned to see how Ariella handled the spear-wielding man. His back was turned when a man dressed in rich clothes walked around the corner. An exquisitely crafted sword was clutched in one hand as he charged up to Azix. Chancy Whynburne dropped low to the ground when the magician was in range and performed a Low-Sweep knocking Azix to the ground.

"You are nothing but trouble, boy! How dare you interfere with things outside the realm of your concern! Who do you think you are?" Chancy shouted as he thrust his sword downward aiming to pierce Azix's stomach.

Azix wished he had his sword at that moment, but at least he still had his Staff of Refractions. Without hesitation, Azix conjured a five meter diameter Light Sphere and directed it at Chancy. The orange magician rolled backwards onto his feet and watched as Chancy was unable to avoid the sphere of light. Chancy's clothes were burned away and his flesh sizzled, leaving second degree burns from where the Light Sphere had connected.

"I am sure many people think I am trouble, but you are a despicable man, Chancy. Release the girls back to their families or I will have no choice but to kill you." Azix growled at Chancy, upset that he had been taken unawares by the man's attack.

As expected, Chancy laughed, "Release my brides? Never! They lawfully belong to me!"

[220/300 magoi]

Spoiler:

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ariella cursed softly as her cage was broken before immediately whispering to the rukh to conjure up Electric Chains, the vines of electricity vining around the spear-wielder’s arms and singeing against his wrists. When Chancy barreled over to Azix, she cursed again. She had not expected the man to leave the safety of his house. Glancing between the two men and gauging distances, she murmured to the rukh once more, Electric Field II forming between them and expanding, the damage bringing them both to their knees in pain, Gillus falling unconscious from the pain. She looked to see the collateral damage to Chancy, the man groaning in pain and no longer a threat.

With a swirl of darkness around her, she felt her rage and anger at the man boiling to a head and she raised her wand again. This man had taken people as property after terrorizing the community for gods knows how long and she could not abide the sight of him. If her grandmother had not taken steps to prevent it, the farm she now owned would have suffered the same fate as the others in the village. She hated that corruption would spread to even these isolated areas and she intended to let all that anger out on the helpless man. She whispered once more to the rukh, if she were not stopped, she intended to use her Electric Whip to punish him and take from him everything he had taken from the entire town of Kios.

[Magoi 120/200]
[1500+]

Abilities Used:

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Azix noticed his Borg flare up and he turned to see Ariella had cast a spell. It was good that his Borg was strong, but he could have at least had some warning. Both Chancy and Gillus were down for the count, but Ariella wasn't finished with Chancy. He almost stopped her from attacking the man, but it would be good for Chancy to be disposed of. He left her to deal with Chancy while he went inside.

He found the girls chained up and after several minutes of searching for the keys, freed them. He told them to wait outside with the purple haired magician while he looked around. Upstairs, Azix found Chancy's office and proceeded to go through everything. In a locked drawer that he broke into, Azix found the deeds to the farmer's lands, and stuffed those into a pocket within his robe. With that he made his way back outside to handle matters, planning to come back later to go through Chancy's documents further.

Azix noticed that the twenty guards had come back while he was gone, but they had their weapons laid down on the ground, surrendering with their charge now dead. Azix was thankful the guards were empty-handed, that most likely meant that the Grumptoes had avoided them. "You men! Go inside and take any valuables for yourselves as payment for your silence. If rumors of what happened here spread anywhere else, I will hunt you down and kill you. Take your lives and Chancy's riches as a generous gift, because it won't happen again. Leave documents, titles and books for myself, but jewlery, clothes and other physical possessions are free game."

Azix hadn't had time to go over everything Chancy had and he hoped they would mind his words. He did take the time to memorize each guard's face. The guards understood the gravity of his words and silently promised not to betray Azix. They went inside to get their share of the loot, leaving Azix and Ariella outside with the farmer's daughters and the unconscious Janus and Gillus.

Azix put a hand on Ariella's shoulder, "Good work. Now we can use this grand estate for housing the other families. Anyway, let's find the Grumptoes and get the girls back home."

Lavicus appeared from the woods, the other Grumptoes, Bartholomew, and the teenagers on queue. Some of the farmer's daughters ran to the teens with the Grumptoes with tears in their eyes. Bartholomew led everyone to where the horse and buggy were hidden, waited while they piled on and transported them back to Kios. When the families were reunited they were also given the deeds to their farms. Azix and Ariella received many tear-filled thanks, but Azix shrugged them off with a smile and bid them a good night, wanting to get back to the farm. They would have plenty of time to discuss a deal later, for now it was best to leave the families alone.

The Grumptoes talked excitedly with Azix and Ariella, on the way to the farm, about how fun it was to distract the guards and taunt them. Azix gave a sad smile before gesturing for silence, "I'm glad you had fun. I have something to tell you. I will be taking a trip soon and I may be gone for a while. I'm sorry to leave you again, but it is important. Now, you have Ariella and your family is safe, at least. I want you to listen to Ariella then, she'll be in charge."

Lavicus, Octovius, Tyrion, Jacques, and Leo looked amongst each other before nodding. They seemed more comfortable with the idea, they had warning and it seemed like things would be safer out here. Lavicus said, "We will, don't worry about us."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum