You are not connected. Please login or register

Turning Frowns Upside-Down! [Job| Mr. Solo Dolo~]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Tahl

Tahl
C-Tier
C-Tier

Lonely Orphans:

The surpsing heat against his skin caused Tahl to be covered with goosebumps as he hopped off of the cart. He had just situated himself inside of his quaint little home for a few days when he heard news of someone needing to cheer up children in the country. He had no reason to take the job; he still carried a hefty amount of the gold that his brother gave him. Still, it would have been better to start collecting and saving now rather than before it was too late.

He shuffled his feet against the heavy sand that covered the entire floor until he almost tripped over himself from the sudden shift to brick. He barely caught himself before smacking his face into the ground, much to the annoyance of a small child whose groan he heard. Tahl glanced up with his bronze orbs and looked up towards a young woman surrounded by a large group of kids. She wore a gentle smile and waved with the free hand that she had; the other preoccupied with rubbing the head of a crying child.

Stepping up to her and dusting off his old tunic, giving her a smile and a small bow of his head.
She returned the bow before introducing herself,"Hello and thank you for suddenly coming so quickly. My name is Judith. I was told that my mother had fallen ill and I wouldn't want to risk these children getting sick. If you could just watch them for a few hours I could-" Her words were cut short as Tahl placed a single finger over her lip. He smiled down at one of the children and picked them up, holding them on his shoulders.
"You go,"He chuckled as he made the child kick their legs,"I'll watch these little tykes."

Judith bowed her head again and quickly took off. As she took off, the children all watched her go before they started to sniffle and cry. Just before the wail of unision, he quickly hushed them and picked them all up. He easily held onto each of them in his arms, laughing quite loudly as he walked with them.
"Where shall we go?,"He asked, looking at both armfuls of children.
He continued to talk until one of them finally spoke up,"L-let's go to the bazarr. I want candy.." Tahl's ears were soon filled with different cries; different things wanted all at the bazarr. Laughing again, he made sure the children were secure as he started to run into the bazarr, getting there in only a few strides.

Tahl knelt down and let them all off, smiling as he counted each and every one of the them.
"All right! We'll go in order of who wants to go where the most!,"He shouted at them with a smile. He calmly took vote; counting in his head whom wanted to go where first. Holding his hands out to the children, he walked with them to the different stalls.

Some had wanted candy and others wanted a slice of delicious melon. He was sure glad that he had brought a fair share of his gold and changed it into Huang. with him as he purchased something for everyone. A young girl begged and tugged on his cloak for a new doll, which he bought. Each child asked for more and more; his pockets getting emptier and emptier. After an hour had passed, he sighed as he felt his now bare pockets blow with the wind.

Another child tugged on his shirt and he looked down. It was the little boy who had groaned about him not falling over when he first arrived in the town.
Tahl smiled some and got down on his knees, still standing over the boy as he looked down at him.
"What's up little guy? Did you not like the melon you got?,"He asked. The boy shook his head and pointed up at him.
"..How can I get to be as tall as you?,"The boy asked in return. Tahl blinked some before chuckling, ruffling the boy's head.
He answered,"Well, you have to be big and strong to be as big as me. Make sure that you eat your vegetables and that you protect anyone smaller than you." He lifted the boy up and held him on his shoulders as he called for the rest of the children.
Tahl continued,"As long as you do that, I'm sure you'll get as big as me! Heck, you might even get even taller than me!" He smiled along with the boy as he held onto the train of children's hands, walking with them back to the entrance.

As they stood there, waiting for Judith to return, Tahl them all sorts of stories. He told stories of how he ventured across the desert and visited the many cities around the land. He spoke of his brave father and kind mother; how he and his brother would often pull pranks on those in their caravan. While he talked, he hadn't even realised that Judith had returned. She was busy sitting behind the crowd of children, clapping as he finished his final tale.

Tahl smiled and set the boy down.
"Remember what I told you. Lots of veggies and you'll get as big as me!,"He smiled as he ruffled the boy's head. He stood up and looked down at her as the children surrounded her, begging for her attention as they had done for his. She only smiled at him and dug through the large pocket that sat on her apron, stuffing his hand full of money.
"I hope that I can come and watch them again sometime,"He simply said before placing the money into his pocket and walking towards a different caravan that was returning back to Balbadd.

[975/500]
[exit]

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Tahl's Little Vault

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum