You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolder Thinking [Plot/Private]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolder Thinking [Plot/Private] Empty Bolder Thinking [Plot/Private] 15/09/14, 07:34 pm

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Azix leaned back in his chair with his fingers brought into a peak under his chin as he listened to Lavicus. The Grumptoes Captain was providing the report that Xenos had asked for before.

"I believe my greatest strength is in my leadership of the squad and organizing them into task forces. Octovius is great at coordinating the Squad on jobs. He showed great dedication to the team when you were gone. After the money stopped coming in, he used the skills that you taught us to get a job at a tavern. That brought money and information in. Leo and Octovius are probably the best at overhearing conversations. Tyrion and Jacques are the best at scoping out places and stalking people. Our weaknesses are probably that we can't defend ourselves and that we need more ways to obtain information." Lavicus finished by looking towards his lieutenants.

The four lieutenants nodded in agreement, feeling that he had summed up their skills correctly. The past few months, it seemed they had each taken certain roles. They each shared a dangerous job and they had experienced it in the months that Azix had been gone. Octovius and Leo working in the taverns had to deal with the harassment from drunks, but they learned a lot. Drunken lips were never sealed lips, especially in the seedier parts of town where talk flowed as freely as drink.

Jacques and Tyrion dealt with a different kind of danger, one more vicious. For some reason Azix had yet to figure out, Tyrion had a penchant for stalking scary people; rapists, murderers, etc. It was a drive to protect people, though most of the time he could only stand in the shadows and watch mournfully. Being his closest friend, Jacques was his partner and they watched the others back.

Azix folded his hands in thought, all of the things Lavicus had pointed out were true. The most important thing though, were the recruits under the lieutenants. At least on two occasions that he knew of, they had been spotted. Their training had consisted of watered down training from the lieutenants, who had some training, but not enough to teach effectively.

In a normal espionage operation, the weakest links would be discarded in a such a way that it couldn't be burned later. Azix was adamantly against this, while he had created the Grumptoes to be his personal spy network, there was another reason. After seeing the condition of the slums and the hunger of the street rats, Azix had to do something. Something to give them a chance to make money, to learn skills, to realize their potential and maybe one day get out of the slums. No, he couldn't discard a kid for his mistake.

"I agree with everything you said, Lavicus. You five are my backbone and I thank you for your great work. You are correct that you need training, but your recruits need it more. I know of a few instances that your recruits have been spotted, which could expose us all. I want you to gather all the recruits so we can begin training."

The lieutenants looked down in shame, they realized their failure in training the other recruits.

Azix snapped his fingers, "None of that, now. You five have been through a lot, I shoulder the blame for the training. Now, go gather the others."

Octovius, Leo, Tyrion, and Jacques nodded, they promised to do better before leaving to gather the recruits. Lavicus sat down and looked over at Xenos, "What is the plan?"

"We get you boys in shape." Azix spoke with a smile to his Captain. He quickly looked around the shack, "This is a depressing place to always be around, huh? I think we need a new safe house."

"I kind of like it. A place where I can get away." Lavicus laughed, "It is cramped."

[648/500]

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The full Grumptoes squad was in attendance at a small field outside of the city gates. Each lieutenant had six kids below them, a smaller number than before Azix had left. While he felt bad that he had let the kids down, it had weeded out those who were not dedicated. The sun hung low in the evening sky, a red and orange landscape looked down at the group.

Lavicus introduced Azix as Xenos to the newer recruits. He had decided to reveal his presence, considering these were all kids who had stuck with the group, seeing the opportunity. With Twist Reality he appeared before them as a middle-class Remano man with long blonde hair pulled into a ponytail. The lieutenants were accustomed to his disguises and understood the precaution. While the recruits had an idea that Lavicus wasn't really the one in charge, they were surprised to see an adult. Normally, adults from outside of the slums ignored them and they seemed suspicious at first, but after seeing how he interacted with Lavicus and the lieutenants they relaxed.

Training began with a jog around the city gates of Remano and Azix took the lead. While they jogged, he looked back to see which recruits kept up and those who lagged behind. He noticed that most of them kept up with a few stragglers. Noticing his five officer's physique, while still skinny, they were no where near emaciated as the first time he had seen them. The feeling that he had done something to improve their situation brought a smile to his face. After all the death and the twisted people he had been around, it was a rare treat to see that he had done something positive. A flutter of white Rukh flickered off of him as he finally accepted his fate so far, it had led him to help these children.

After a full lap, they all collapsed into the grass and looked up at the stars. After sharing a few jokes and getting to know some of the recruits, Azix motioned them up. He guided them through several exercises; situps, pushups, stretching, all things he had learned from the pirate Captain Grimwald. He performed the exercises with them, working up a sweat, urging the kids to push themselves. For situps, the kids took turns doing the exercise and holding another's feet. Most needed urging to get a few of each exercise done, giving up when their muscles were sore.

When they were done, the moon hung in the sky, watching them as they walked back into town. He took them to get food and drink, taking the time to get to know each one of the kids. They all seemed to enjoy the exercise and his company. When Azix announced that he needed to go home, a few of the boys and girls groaned. He laughed and told them he would see them again soon.

On his quiet walk back to his house, he reflected on the night's training. Most of them could handle the job, but when it came to pushing their body, they struggled. His experience in physical training was limited, he wasn't sure how much he could teach them. Azix decided he might have to find someone to train them, someone with experience. The Grumptoes also needed training in espionage, while he was more experienced in that, their work was more information gathering. He spent the night trying to figure out where to obtain individuals who could teach them that were also trustworthy. Remano was home to the Coliseum, he didn't think it would be hard to find someone to teach fighting, but finding someone who worked in the shadows that was trustworthy was another story. He wondered if he could ask HQ for someone, but with the knowledge that there may be moles on the inside, he didn't want to risk it.

[1297/500]

[270/300 magoi]

Spoiler:

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum