You are not connected. Please login or register

Manifest Revenge [B Tier Job/Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Garret was mulling over his teacher's teachings, thinking on the varying uses for the techniques. When he entered the lunch room, he saw something he should have expected. Hasan sat down next to him and saw the same sight. "Ho ho ho ho. This is what happens when you join in on their side of things."

Garret looked to Hasan, raising his eyebrow. "It doesn't matter to me what the outcome is. They paid me to do a job, and I got it done. It looks to me like they might need more help, though." Garret smiled. He was trading the contraband to the guards for Huang, so he was essentially getting paid Huang for these jobs; he cared not for the contraband. Garret stood up with his food and walked over to the sight both Hasan and himself had seen; the Blue Mercs all battered and bruised. Many eyes were on Garret as he walked there. Though there was nothing but peace conveyed in his movements there was a certain tension in the air. Garret, tray in hand, spoke to the second in command of the Blue Mercs. "Mind if I sit?"

The man was upset, clearly, but moved over to give Garret some room. "What are you here for?" The second in command asked. Garret could see various bruises over the man's body.

Garret whistled and then spoke. "It looks like somebody did a number on your boys. You guys looking for help again?" When he asked, he drummed his fingers across the desk in a fluid manner. "I would think about twice of what we did last time would be a fair price."

The second in command stared at Garret in shock for a moment before containing quiet laughter. "I don't care who you think you are, you couldn't stand up against all of The Manifest just by yourself. Their group completely wiped us to the ground. Our men are even thinking about disbanding. Saying it's not safe anymore." He shook his head in defeat. "Tell you what, you manage to do somthing about them and not only will we double what we gave you last time, but we'll throw in a little something extra, as well. But it's your funeral, kid. Don't blame us if you go and get yourself crippled."

Garret smiled. "A deal, then." Agreeing to the terms, Garret stood once again and walked over to where Hasan was sitting to finish his meal. "Old man, looks like I'll be going after the entire group this time. What do you think?" Garret explained the details, and Hasan looked at him and shook his head.

"Boy, you'll most likely have to use techniques from the Island of Tranquility Kata, as well as some of the techniques from the Flowing Rock Destruction Kata. Think on it, as these are the only clues I'll give you. The rest is up to your own strength. Ho ho ho ho." Hasan focused on his food, or at least what the prison called 'food', and left Garret to do his thing.

Garret recalled the memories of their training, specifically the Island of Tranquility Kata and the Flowing Rock Destruction Kata...

OOC:
Word count: 530/1500

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Redirecting blows:
Water Corrosion:
Fish Swims Upstream:
Pressurized Strike:

Tranquil Parry:

Pond Reflects:

Garret nodded. "I have a good idea on how to approach this job."

OOC:
Stamina/Magoi: 150/250

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Garret finished up his lunch and waited for it to be time for their daily running. As he waited, he approached the group of Yellow Devils. They weren't too fond of him, but he didn't care much. One of the grunts asked Garret what business he had.

"Move it, small fry. I've got a deal to make with your boss." Garret's body language certainly didn't show that he was threatening, however the grunt got the picture and ran to get his superior. When the man arrived, Garret spoke with him briefly. "I'm looking for a distraction during the jog. I need you to get some boys together and keep the guards from seeing what I'm about to do to The Manifests."

"And what's to stop me from warning The Manifests about what you plan to do?" The leader narrowed his eyes while looking at Garret.

"There's something in it for you. If you want to go to The Manifests and let them know, that's fine as well though. I don't mind if they come to me or I go to them. But after I finish with them, you'll be next." Garret threatened the man and also offered a reward should he follow his orders. It was a classic stick-and-carrot technique.

OOC: 530+210=740/1500.

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The leader of the Yellow Devils shook his head. "You would dare to threaten me in the middle of my group? We could finish you off right here and nobody would know."

Garret laughed. "Hue. You think I wouldn't be able to fight long enough to get out of this group? I've learned from the Old Man. I know how to move through a group like your as if I were a farmer harvesting wheat." It wasn't exactly true; the Yellow Devils were a large group, and Hasan would likely have trouble fighting his way out of the group, but Garret's bluff was working.

"Fine, but only because there is something in it for me. I expect good payment for this." Their leader dismissed Garret, pretending not to be intimidated. It was a necessary illusion for them, as if they appeared threatened they would be forced to take action and show that they were not.

Garret left the group and continued walking around. He sneaked over to where The Manifests were at right before it was time to move over to the running portion of their day. He put his left hand on the shoulder of one of the men and sucker punched him with a Pressurized Strike, knocking the man out. As the underling fell to the ground unconscious, some of the others turned to see who had done it. "I'll see you scum in the next room."

Garret quickly retreated from the spot, moving back over to the Blue Mercs group who were just transitioning to the next room. There, he debriefed their leader on the progress.

"In here, the Yellow Devils will provide cover for me while I take care of the trash." The leader was ashen, he couldn't believe that Garret was actually going through with it.

Garret slowed down and naturally moved away from the group, fading into the crowd.

OOC:
317+740=1057/1500.
Stamina/Magoi 140/250.

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Garret weaved through the crowd as they entered the running room. He hide himself within a group unrelated to the current job he had going on. While he ran, he kept stock of everyone's placement.

He saw as the numerous members of the Yellow Devils began slowly shifting where they were running. Some were lagging behind in groups of four or five, others sticking just ahead of The Manifests. Garret knew they were encircling the group to provide a cover screen to the guards around the area so that he could take the entire group out, just as he had requested them to do.

It almost felt like he was running operations again. Garret smiled.

OOC:
Sorry guys, gotta get that refresh before I start the real fight, lol.
Stamina/Magoi: 140/150
Word Count: 115+1057=1172.

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Everything was in place; the Yellow Devils had surrounded The Manifests, but had retained a certain amount of distance in order to keep suspicion away. Occasionally The Manifests ran faster than normal; they were trying to find somebody. That somebody, he knew, was none other than himself.

Garret began to slow down. Not abruptly, but in a manner that seemed natural. As he paced further and further back, he found himself near one of the Yellow Devils. "It looks like everything is in place." Garret glanced at the bulky man who was obviously a lackey of their group.

"Yea. Everything set. You give the word and we'll make sure the guards don't see a thing." The man really didn't care much about who was giving orders, it seemed. Garret's opinion of the thug rose. At least he didn't try to start anything.

Garret nodded to the man, simply saying "Begin." before fading farther into the group.

OOC:
Stamina/Magoi: 140/250
Word Count: 158+1172=1330/1500

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Garret had told the man he was ready for the operation to begin, and had immediately faded into the group as if he were one of their own. Making his way in a circular motion, Garret moved to the far left before filtering his way down and around The Manifests. He would strike them from behind, picking them off as he moved forward. The group wasn't that big, but they had enough men for it to be smarter to plan out a mode of attack.

Garret continued running and found himself behind two of their lackeys. At this point, Garret began moving rhythmically. He watched the movements of his targets ahead of him as he surged forward with the River Styx style attack: Water Corrosion.

The blows found purchase upon the back of the two's heads. The first strikes to both of them forced them to lean forward, as their heads took the brunt of that blow and were taking recoil from his strikes. Garret continued jogging and, as he passed them, kicked one in the head while punching the other man in the face a second time. They were both sent to the floor. Not everyone behind the group could react in time, and the members would find themselves getting slightly trampled. They were out of the fight, if not due to unconsciousness then definitely due to not being able to get back to where they were in time.

The only downside was that he had caught the attention of the remaining 4 members of the group. Their second in command, the one Garret had roughed up the other day, scowled and sent the other two towards Garret. "Get rid of him, make him regret trying to take us on." The man most likely believed that Garret would not be able to fight when his opponents were aware of him; he had a reputation with the man for winning fights by sucker punching people.

Unfortunately for them, Garret wasn't finished, and was still sustaining the breathing and footwork of his previous technique. When the two approached him, attacks went out to each of them. A punch to the face for one, which was dodged, while a back kick struck out to the one behind him. The kick landed in the man's chest, forcing him off balance. The other runners were still moving, as was Garret and the man he had attempted to punch, but the man who had been kicked was lost in the crowd.

Garret still had a flurry of attacks that were sent out to the remaining lackey, however the lackey's own pummeling blows landed on Garret first. Garret's Borg activated, pushing the man away. Garret rushed forward with the opening that the technique had created and sent a punch to the man's gut before also shooting out his leg in order to kick the man's leg out from beneath him. He, too, was lost in the group.

"So, it looks like it's just you two left." Garret's breathing was slightly heavy: after each technique, he had to pick up the pace a bit as the people behind him kept running forward. The Yellow Devils were performing a great screen for him, but many of these other men were not a part of any of the groups involved, and simply minded their own business. "You should have listened to me when I warned you not to mess with the Blue Mercs. But now, you're going to have to pay for your arrogance." Garret didn't truly care about how they treated others, or at least that's what he told himself. If his motivations were slightly colored by the fact that they picked on people who had been tortured much more often than he had, well, it was not something Garret cared to admit.

The two men seemed to hesitate for a moment before moving in to take Garret out. Garret's Borg was definitely a deterrent, but they had no choice in the matter; that much was obvious. Should they turn tail and run, all these people would know, and their cred would be down the drain.

"Now that the small fry are gone, there's nothing holding us back." The leader snarled, sending out a Grounding Blow to Garret as his second in command shortly after followed up with a Hauty Punch. The Grounding Blow destroyed Garret's Borg, however when the Hauty Punch came to strike Garret's now unprotected body, it was met with a Tranquil Parry as Garret's arm snapped into position, quickly stopping the attack.

Garret began another attack, this time aiming for the man he had taken down before. His leg snapped upwards in a flowing front kick after he faced towards the man he had taken down; straight between the legs, Garret's Tranquil Strike took the man, and his crotch, out of action.

As it stood, it was just the leader and himself now. Garret prepared for the fight, sending out a Pressurized Strike as his foot kicked out in a thrusting motion. The leader used his own foot to Kick Away Garret's attack, following up with a Slam attack.

Garret had prepared for that earlier, however, and had his Pond Reflects ready to move the attack out of his way. When all was said and done, Garret struck out with a Pressurized Strike. However, the man was ready for that technique. He used a Block to stop the attack from doing damage, and followed up with a Pummel of his own. Grunting, Garret used Fish Swims Upstream, sliding by the attack and moving himself 4 meters behind The Manifest's leader.

Garret had exhausted most of his techniques, but so too had his opponent. The flow of the battle gave birth to a technique; Raging Current. Through the footwork he had been using throughout his fight with the man, Garret understood the best way to burst forward and send two flowing techniques to the man; one to the middle of his back with an elbow strike, while he pushed off and performed a spinning chop to the back of the man's neck.

OOC:

Technique Training: 1045/1000
Stamina/Magoi: 20/250

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The man had collapsed, and Garret was near the end of his line, but he had finished the job. His breath was running low, but he still had some stamina left over.

"Ho ho ho ho." Garret immediately knew it was Hasan coming up from behind him. He looked to see the old man jog up to him. Hasan began to speak to Garret. "You learned a significant technique there, boy." He grabbed Garret's arm and put it around his shoulder as they continued running, providing extra support.

Garret looked to him. "It just felt... Natural. To make those movements, my feet kind of just moved on their own."

Hasan laughed again. "Boy, that is what happens when you practice your fundamentals and basics. I teach you them in such a way that they prepare you for the next technique that I would teach you. Ho ho ho ho. I didn't think you would figure it out on your own, though."

When the running was over, several of The Manifests had been trampled on; they didn't exactly have many friends within the compound, and Garret had shown that they could be beaten by a single person. They had lost all of their respect from the rest of the prisoners.

The next day, Garret went to go get his payment. When he approached the Blue Mercs, they were in a great mood. "Look, the man of the week." They were drinking alcohol, enjoying themselves with contraband they were able to steal from The Manifests.

Garret ignored the riffraff and moved to their boss, who smiled at him. "As promised, your payment... And a little something extra. This is something personal of mine, but I think you should have it; it's a rare gem. Looks like it's worth a lot, but I don't think anyone could actually pay me the right price for it. Go on, take it. It's yours."

OOC:  318+1330=1648/1500
Item GET!:
Lizzy's Sapphire:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum