You are not connected. Please login or register

A little swordplay [Private/Training/Ayero&Diego]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Inhaling slowly, the young half-fanalis draws her blade, turning her wrist so that it was aimed parallel to the wooden dummy a few meters in front of her. In a quick movement she dashes toward the target, moving the blade upward ever so slightly to shave off a thin layer of wood from the dummy’s chest. With a flick of her wrist she guides the blade back down and delivers a similar strike in the same spot. Pausing to admire her work, the woman runs her fingers over the inward curve in the wood she had created. She frowns a little feeling the rough edges from where the individual strikes had landed and brushes the curls of wood that clung to the target. Her accuracy was decent but her execution left something to be desired. Had this been a living, human target her strikes would have likely caught the flesh and dug in without pulling all of the way though. Tapping the dents where her blade had made the initial contact she turns and walks a few meters away, determined to improve the quality of the attack.

Holding her talwar directly in front of her, Ayero aims it directly at the dummy’s chest before breaking into a sprint, pulling the sword behind her. This time she aims for the side of the target, just above where the hip would be. She had to avoid the more bony areas of the body for this technique to be useful. She grimaces as the weapon cuts too thickly into the wood and slides it out halfway, turning swiftly to the other side of the dummy in order to not lose her momentum. Bringing down the blade in four lightning slashes she stops to catch her breath and glide her hand over the wood. Better, but still not as refined as she’d like it to be.

Turning to her right, the halfling focuses on her next target: a simple wooden stump held up to eye level with a thin pole. While this technique could be used on a person’s chest, she theorized it might work better on smoother, often uncovered parts of the body such as the arms or legs. She attempts the attack again, this time her strikes hit their mark with relative ease. The groove she had made on the side of the log was smoother than her last two attempts, eliciting a huff of approval from the woman. She was more accustomed to performing direct slashes and jabs with her weapon, but an ability like this required more precise control.

She continues to assault her target, each time her strikes overlapping smoothly while she whittles away at the wood. In order to use this in battle, she had to be able to perform it perfectly on a stationary target. She had accounted for the difference in applying this to a human target; there’d be more variability such as skin thickness and unpredictable movement. After leaving the stump nothing more than a lopsided heap of wood, the fanalis-human warrior is finally satisfied.

[510/500]

Samehada:
Name: Samehada
Tier: C
Cost: 20 Stamina | 10 Sustained
Weapon Type: Talwar
Class: Offensive
Range: Close
Duration: 3 posts
Cool-Down: 5 posts
Description: The user angles the blade nearly parallel to the opponent’s skin, quickly moving the blade at 10 m/s to shave off a layer of skin and/or muscle. The user can perform up to 5 of these slices per post. All of the slices must hit the same spot for C-tier damage to occur; if not all 5 of the slices hit then D-tier damage is dealt.

Last edited by Ayero on 15/07/14, 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
”Dear, would you like some tea? You’ve been working awfully hard.” A middle aged woman slid open the back door of her house which lead to the yard where the red head was practicing her swordsmanship. At Ayero’s decline she smiles softly, motioning to the house with her hand. ”My son should be home soon. I’ll send him out to train with you once he returns.” Nodding at the kind woman, the halfling stops for a momentary rest on the back porch. She had run into the woman, Nera at the market where both women were purchasing breakfast. After catching sight of Ayero’s sword the woman enthusiastically explained how both her husband and only son were dedicated swordsman themselves.

Not a few minutes after she had stopped to catch her breath, the door slides once more and a tall young man with swarthy features is ushered out by an eager mother. After exchanging brief introductions the two warriors stand several meters apart opposite to one another. Nera had all but dragged Ayero home in order to meet her son who, according to her was “a very handsome young man who she just had to meet”. But with no son to be found, Ayero was content to practice on her own. The pair drew their swords in sync, Ayero taking her time in examining her opponent. Though he was good looking, the half-fanalis wasn’t particularly in the market for a husband at the time. The son (who identified himself as Nai) inhaled sharply, causing the fanalis woman to brace herself as he made the first move, lunging out with a sideway slash. Maybe I can try that new… A hiss leaves her throat as he thoughts are cut off while blocking Nai’s assault, trying to put the right pressure on her blade for a parry. It didn’t quite work though as the man had skidded backwards of his own accord, having gained control of their clash first.

Both warriors stare at eachother, waiting for the other to make a move. After a brief pause, Nai takes the lead once more and charges at the female with his sword outstretched similarly to before. Prepared for this, the halfling raises her sword in front of her diagonally in order to parry the oncoming attack. Just as she thinks she has him, Nai pulls an unprecedented move by switching his sword to his other hand. Eye’s narrowing in determination, Ayero switches the position of her sword to parry Nai’s attack and silently thanks her mother’s genes for her fanalis speed. A smirk curls her lips at the look of surprise on Nai’s face as she pushes back on his sword before sweeping her talwar to the side, effectively redirecting the man’s blade to the side.  ”Not bad.” The man muttered lowly, examining his weapon for any signs of dulling or damage. Finding none, the two resume their sparring, Nai even offering some tips on how to improve the strength of her technique.

”You’re a fanalis, correct?” Not expecting the sudden question, Ayero raises a brow. ”Part, yes. Why?” ”I’ve heard of your people’s strength. You handle a blade well, but can you fight with your fists?” Lowering his blade, Nai gives the red head a curious look.

”If you sheath you sword, you might just find out.”

[553/500]

Parry:
Name: Parry
Cost: 20 Stamina
Class: Defensive
Range: Self
Duration: 2 posts
Cool-Down: 4 posts
Description: The user is able to block an opponent’s attack with their blade and push the opponent and/or their weapon away. Can defend against 1 B-tier, 2 C-tier, or 4 D-tier attacks before breaking.

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Ayero was actually grateful that the dark haired man decided to switch gears. Surprised, but grateful all the same. ”You’re handy with a sword, I’ll give you that. But do you think you’ll be able to handle a fanalis in a battle of fists?” He was a formidable opponent with a blade, but she doubted that he’d be able to out-muscle her in unarmed combat. She’s the first to re-sheath her sword and drops it into the scabbard with a heavy thuck, perhaps a bit too eager to show off her hand to hand combat skills. Nai mimics her motions, sliding the now sheathed weapon from his belt and leaning it against one of the practice dummies.

Ayero hadn’t felt nervous around Nai, rather focusing her energy on keeping up with the young swordsman. As she stretched and assumed a wider stance she couldn’t help but feel more in control. She could tell from Nai’s own stance that he too had been trained in some sort of martial art, not surprising as families who prided themselves on the sword often dabbled in other areas. Raising her arms in front of her she clenches her fists for a moment before allowing the muscles in her hands to relax. She felt a little bad about what she planned to put the young man though, but oh well. He was the one who approached the subject.

The two young warriors lock eyes for a moment and breathe in synchronously. In a flash, Ayero pushes her heels back and dashes toward her target, throwing him a right hook that was generously lagging in speed. As predicted, it is easily blocked by the dark haired man who returns her assault. They continue their battle at this pace, Ayero being comfortable enough to take her time and read his movements. Unless he’s hiding something, her skills outclassed his own. The thought brought a light smirk to her lips, faintly tainted with a hint of smugness. Figuring she had enough playing around, the half-fanalis shifts her pace, easily dodging his blow by lowering her body. In a sharp movement, she embeds her elbow into the juncture between his forearm and upper arm.

Pausing suddenly, the swordsman feels a tingling numbness begin to spread across his arm, the now completely paralyzed limb dropping to his side. Pulling back, Ayero threads her fingers though her red locks while looking over the fear-stricken man. ”Sorry that I didn’t warn you, but that’d ruin the surprise.” She hesitates after the words leave her mouth, realizing that they probably weren’t of much comfort. ”Er, it will wear off soon. In about a few minutes, maybe?” She’s quick to addend anxiously, hoping that he wouldn’t be too upset.

”Paralysis, hm? I can’t say that I was expecting that.” A low chuckle rumbles from the man after several minutes. Nai wiggles his fingers, flexing them as the numbness ebbs away. ”…Would you like to stop now? I understand that it can be a little surprising— ”Ha! That won’t do. Absolutely not. Is that all you’re capable of, fanalis-girl? You wouldn’t last a moment against a real opponent, there are bandits in this city that would—“ A strangled grunt leaves him as he slowly cranes his head down, a look of horror spreading across his face when he finds a pair of dark brown eyes staring up at him positively glowing with hatred. In a movement faster than the distracted man could process, Ayero had spun around low to the ground and jabbed her elbow into the back of one knee, and then the other. As she withdraws her arm and stands, Nai collapses to the ground, legs having been paralyzed. ”I’m afraid this will last for a bit longer. I’m not sure by how much, given that you’re the first person to experience this “upgraded” version of my paralysis technique.”

”Goodness, Nai! What happened here?” Nera had gone to fetch her son for dinner, approaching the two quickly when she saw her son in a heap on the ground. Ayero’s face blanched, unable to come up with a decent explanation on the spot other than her son was being an ass. But Nera seemed to have good intuition. ”Did he say something to you? Again with this, Nai? Heavens! You’ll never find a nice wife if you chase them all away with that sharp tongue of yours. Honestly, that’s not the little boy I raised.” The woman huffs before turning to Ayero and brightening. ”I’m so sorry for my son’s behavior, won’t you stay for dinner?” ”Oh. Ah, thank you but I really should be on my way—“ Betrayed by the growling of her own stomach, Nera continues to insist that the girl stay for a meal. She relented as Nai began to regain feeling in his legs, grateful at least that she wouldn’t have to carry him.

[814/500]

Spoiler:
Name: Kō Kuikku-Mahi
Cost: 20 stamina
Weapon Type: N/A
Class: Supplementary
Duration: 1 post
Cool-Down: 3 posts
Description: The user jams their elbow or knee into an opponent’s pressure point (juncture between the pointer finger and thumb, inner elbow, back of knee etc.) at 15 m/s, effectively paralyzing up to two limbs for up to three posts.

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Ayero had somehow been coerced into staying the night. She wasn’t exactly sure how, but Nera proved to be very persuasive and didn’t seem to recognize “no” as an answer. However, she wasn’t one to complain about a free meal and bed. She found the family to be pleasant as well, but she could do without the seemingly arrogant son. Making her way through the house, she found Nera and her husband gone for the day. Debating on whether she should leave a note or not thanking them for their immense hospitality, she was approached by Nai. ”Oh? I didn’t know you were home. I was just leaving.” The red head curtly responded, not wanting for her morning to start out badly.

”I…wanted to apologize to you. What I said was entirely out of line, and it’s clear to me now that you’re serious about your art.” Taken aback by the dark haired man’s apology she can do no more than stare at him. ”Did your mother put you up to this?” ”No! I mean…well, yes. But I do feel badly about how I acted.” The man had an earnest look on his face.

”I see.” Was all she said, at loss for better words. She stares at the man as if he had more to say. ”Anyway,” Nai cleared his throat, continuing. ”I’d like for us to spar once more before you leave. Only if you’d like to of course.”

Having returned to the family’s courtyard, the pair prepares for a morning spar. ”I won’t be going easy on you this time around.” Ayero announces coolly, raising her talwar upwards and holding the weapon parallel to her face. A smirk is Nai’s response, raising his own blade with a flick as if to beckon the woman forward. She accepts, and charges forward with both her arm and blade outstretched as if to make a direct strike. It was an easy attack to read for a swordsman as experienced as Nai and he prepares to parry her strike. But as she closes the gap between them, the halfling’s blade suddenly disappears from his sight. Dropping her sword down to her side, the Fanalis-human performs a half turn around her momentarily confused opponent. A slow smirk curls her lips as Nai is too distracted by the disappearance of her blade to realize what was happeneing and defend himself. She slowly slides the blade of her talwar along his back, not applying nearly enough pressure to break the skin or even tear his clothes. ”Looks like I’m a bit more than you’ve bargained for.” She watches his back muscles stiffen at the touch before pulling away. Had he been an actual threat, there’d be a series of deep slashes across his back right now.

”I’m afraid that I’ve got to go for now. While I feel like your mother would let me live here forever, there’s a certain pride to be had with earning one’s own money.” Sheathing her weapon, she nods to the dark haired man.

[505/500]
Blade Redirection:

Name: Blade Redirection
Cost: 20 Stamina
Cool-Down: 3 posts
Description: The user outstretches their sword to the side, parallel as if to strike while approaching the target. Once they are roughly half a meter from their opponent, the user suddenly lowers their sword to their side and performs a half turn around their opponent, slashing them from behind. This attack relies on redirecting an opponent’s focus to the user’s weapon rather than their body.

Diego Namez

Diego Namez
A-Tier
A-Tier
After being gone from Heliohapt for three months, Diego decided to see his old friend Ishaq who owned Heliohapt's forge. Diego had helped Ishaq in the past, delivering ores from the mines when Ishaq's driver had been sick. Since then, they had become fast friends. Ishaq was the one who told him that Jagang, the man who set a plague on Diego's tribe, had gone to Reim. Diego had followed, not knowing that the information was bad. It wasn't Ishaq's fault, he had heard from someone in the guard that was intentionally misleading Diego.

Diego strolled up to the forge, Trixie and Zanzibar at his side. Ishaq was smoking on a pipe, leaning against the wall as he took a break. He seemed surprised to see Diego and ran up to him, clasping him in a hug.

"Ah, my friend!" He shouted happily, "You're ok! I had hoped Shura had found you."

Diego nodded, Shura had been his trainer showing him how to be a better beast tamer. "I am, I have been well. I had hoped we could train."

Ishaq smiled, "Of course, son." Ishaq pulled the mannequins from out of the forge and Diego helped set them up. Ishaq saw the spider on Trixie's back and ran his fingers over it, "A new beast?"

"Yes, Zanzibar. Shura gave him to me." Diego said as Zanzibar crawled onto Ishaq.

After they caught up, Ishaq went back to work, leaving them to training. Diego gave a soft smile to Trixie and clicked his tongue three times. It was a signal for her to circle the mannequins, waiting for his command to strike and where to strike. Diego had yet to have her utilize her bio-electricity in a bigger fashion, but he hoped to work on it now.

Diego gave a low whistle and a sharp click, Trixie leaped forward, recognizing the command to strike low and fast. Instinctively, she drew bio-electricity into her front right limb as she slashed at the mannequins 'legs', sending an electric spark into the metal.

[340/1000 B-Tier: Lightning Fury]

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
A bare job board was exactly not what the red head had wanted to see, especially after she had left Nai’s house on the premise that she would be busy taking jobs…perhaps she should have skipped the training and come earlier. She took to meandering through the streets, unsure of what to do next. She didn’t want to go back to Nai’s house so soon, nor did she want to run into him or his family while not on a job. A passerby mentions to his companion about how his son has taken a job at the forge not too long ago and this sparks her interest. Perhaps they could use some help there? Mining wasn’t something she was experienced in but she had plenty of strength to spare. Figuring she could at least ask (as well as kill some time) she asks a local for directions and heads out.

Entering the forge, she looks around for someone who looks to be in charge—instead, her attention is drawn toward the distinctive pop of discharged electricity. Rounding the bend, she’s very surprised to see a certain young fanalis and his companions. ”Diego!” She calls out, swiftly making her way over to where they had gathered. ”Are you alright? What are you doing in a dangerous place like this?” Her brows furrow in concern as she peers around the forge curiously.

[230/1000][B-Tier: Devil's Graze]

Diego Namez

Diego Namez
A-Tier
A-Tier
Diego turned around, surprised to hear a familiar voice. He recognized Ayero and gave her a friendly smile. He heard Trixie whine, the tiger wanted to bound up to the woman, but waited for Diego to acknowledge she could. Diego laughed and clicked his tongue, Trixie bounded up to Ayero to barrel into her leg in a feline rub.

Watching Madam Trixie rub against Ayero's leg, purring happily, he sat down on the sandy ground. He was happy that Ayero seemed concerned over his well being, but was a little put out that he didn't appear to be able to handle himself. He was about to say something when Ishaq peeked his head out from the forge, Zanzibar was wrapped around the old man's head.

"Diego, how do I get this guy off?" Ishaq asked in a cheerful tone.

Diego gestured to Zanzibar and the spider skittered down Ishaq and found Diego's lap. "Sorry about that, Ishaq." The man waved it off and went back to work. Diego turned back to Ayero and cocked his head to the side, "What's so dangerous about this place?" With a smile he began running his hand down Zanzibar's back. "Ishaq lets me train here. How have you been, Ayero?"

[546/1000 B-Tier: Lightning Fury]

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Nearly falling over as the large cat bounds into her, the halfling lets a chuckle slip out before reaching down to scratch behind the tiger’s ear. ”And hello to you as well, Madam Trixie.”  She had to admit, she was a little impressed with how well Diego seemed to connect with his companions after witnessing how Trixie waited for his signal to approach her.

Ah, and there’s the other one… She notes with relief when Ishel appears with Zanzibar. Nodding in greeting to the old man, she turns back toward the younger fanalis. ”I’ve been well,” she affirms with a nod, still looking around at the forge anxiously. ”It’s dangerous for one as young as you.” She insists. ”I know you have Madam Trixie and Zanzibar to protect you, but a child such as yourself…” She didn’t want to mention the possibility of slavery, but as she had experienced a member of her own family being ripped away from her, the threat was very real in her mind.

”Come, let’s go back into town. Are you hungry? I’ll buy you lunch.” She offers, gesturing toward the direction she had come from. She couldn't help but view Diego as one of her younger siblings; he was the youngest fanalis she had come across traveling on his own and it made her nervous.

[458/1000]

Diego Namez

Diego Namez
A-Tier
A-Tier
Diego's stomach growled loudly at the mention of food and he nodded in embarrassment. "Food sounds amazing." He whistled to Trixie who walked over and let Zanzibar skitter on her back. "One second," he said, motioning for her to wait so he could tell Ishaq he'd be back later.

When he came back outside, he ran up to Ayero and waved at her, "Come on, I know just the place. My friend, Salmont, has the best bacon and milk in town. He runs The Gilded Cow." He led her through the city, towards the Black Temple where The Gilded Cow was located nearby. As they walked he told her some of his adventures he'd had, in a practiced story-teller voice that could excite most people. When he was younger he had spent most nights around a fire with his tribe and Jagang, who hadn't revealed his true colors yet, telling stories and the experience reflected as he spoke.

Diego explained how he had recently left Heliohapt in search of Jagang, finding himself in the woods and attacked by a gang of bandits called The Black Crows. He and Trixie had been separated after Diego had been hit with poison arrows. Diego had been rescued by a man named Gallus, who had taken him in and trained the art of archery. He pointed to his bow, strapped over his shoulder and told her how he had run across Trixie as they attacked a Black Crow camp.

"After that, I came back to Heliohapt. Thanks to Gallus, I can fight with my pets instead of just sitting back like a weakling." The look on his face would reveal that Diego considered a beast tamer who let his beast do all the work, a bad trainer. "Here we are." He opened the door to The Gilded Cow and let her to the bar where a large man was filling a pint of ale.

Upon seeing Diego, Salmunt threw up his hands, "Diego! I thought I would never see you again!" He saw Ayero and smiled, "Oh my, growing up fast are we?"

Diego blushed brightly and stammered, "W-w-we are here for food! I missed your bacon!"

Salmunt laughed, "Milk and bacon coming up. What would you like, miss?" The tavern-keeper was a pleasant man with a furry mustache under his nose and had grease stains on his apron.

[941/1000]

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
As Diego regaled her with his adventures away from Heliohapt, Ayero grew more nervous. While she certainly loved stories, the thought of Diego in peril made her bite her lip. ”I’m sure that must have been a difficult journey.” She comments, admiring the bow strapped to the boy’s back, eyes scanning over him to assure that he was indeed alright. ”I suppose everyone walks the path of the warrior in different ways.” She muses. ”I was about your age when I started my journey. Picked up by a caravan and stayed with them for a few years. Another fanalis took me under his wing and taught me how to defend myself.” She smiles fondly at the memory of Kai, patting the sword strapped to her hip.

As the pair made their way into the restaurant, she’s surprised again by how well Diego seems to know the owner. ”Charmed the whole town, have you?” The woman chuckles and nods a greeting to Salmunt.

”I’ll have bacon and ale. A side of vegetables as well, if you have them.” She orders after some consideration. ”Diego, you should have some vegetables as well, you can’t eat only meat. You’re a growing boy.” The halfling points out, trying to keep the bossy tone out of her voice as well as she could manage.

[677/1000]

Diego Namez

Diego Namez
A-Tier
A-Tier
Diego listened to Ayero as she explained her beginnings, shocked to hear that Ayero had also been taught by a Fanalis. "My trainer was a Fanalis, too." It seemed to Diego that Ayero thought fondly of her trainer.

He smiled when she asked if he charmed the whole town. He chuckled with her, "I just have lots of friends. Though, my beasts scare some people." He remembered a time when he had met the little girl Ella. Her mother had come outside to see Trixie sitting on her daughter and freaked out. It wasn't till later that she realized Trixie was only playing with Ella.

Ayero asked for some vegetables and suggested Diego should have some too. Salmunt found the look of disgust on Diego's face absolutely amusing. Diego sighed, "You're probably right. Give me some too." He turned to Ayero with a smile on his face, "Would you like to spar later? I want to practice something with Trixie." He paused, and shook his head. "Nevermind, it's better to practice her electric attacks on Ishaq's mannequins. I wouldn't want her to hurt you." Diego's comment wasn't meant as a taunt, it was out of genuine concern, but it could be easily sting someone's pride.

[1000+/1000]

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
”Well, they’re quite friendly. They do have a good owner.” Though she could see how a large tiger with the capability to electrocute someone would scare people by sight alone. It’s a bit funny for her to think about though as she’s only able to see Trixie as a big cat who loves affection.

Ayero nods in approval as Diego relents and asks for some vegetables as well. Try as she might, she couldn’t shake her forcefully nurturing persona around the younger fanalis. Predictably, he didn’t seem too thrilled about the addition to his meal but he took it well and Ayero was impressed by how good natured he was. She was about to accept Diego’s offer to spar with him and Trixie when he quickly withdrew his offer.  ”Oh? But I’d be happy to help you.” She raises a brow. Practicing on stationary targets won’t do you much good against real danger, you know.” She chides, eyes narrowing a bit in apprehension. ”Besides, playing with electricity is dangerous. I know that you and Trixie are close, but you could get seriously injured.”

[860/1000]

Diego Namez

Diego Namez
A-Tier
A-Tier
Ayero didn't seem to mind getting shocked by Trixie, so Diego accepted her offer. "Alright, I just didn't want you to get hurt, Miss." He smiled and then turned to the plate of food Salmunt had just set down, along with their drinks. They ate their food quickly and after paying Salmunt, thanking him for the meal, they made their way to a quiet part of town to train.

Diego sat next to Trixie, his hands rubbing the fur behind her ears, and gave her a look. "Alright, I want you to use your bio-electricity." He made a couple clicking sounds as he gestured with his arms, teaching her the new command. When he was sure she got it, he gave her head a small pat and stood up. He looked to Ayero and nodded that he was ready. Trixie moved from Diego's side and began walking up to Ayero.

[1000+/1000]

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
”Come now, we fanalis are a resilient race.” She chuckles. She wasn’t as sturdy as a pureblood, but the halfling was able to take quite a lot.

She stands several meters away from Deigo and Trixie, watching them interact with the utmost curiosity. The young fanalis simply proved time and time again how well he was able to communicate with his pets, but Ayero was unsure of how well he’d be able to handle any of the thieves or bandits roaming the city. Her gaze follows the large tiger as she pads towards her, noting how her fur crackled lightly with small sparks. She bounces slightly on the balls of her feet, prepared to run as soon as Trixie charges. Her better than average speed would hopefully would be good practice for the young beast tamer. Though still skeptical, she wanted him to prove to her that he’d be fine on his own.

[1014/1000]

Diego Namez

Diego Namez
A-Tier
A-Tier
Trixie eyed the Fanalis woman, she sensed Diego's hesitation to have her attack the woman, but she also sensed an air of readiness around Ayero. Trixie liked the Fanalis and remembered when she trained with Puny. She made a decision to only use as much force as Ayero inflicted, much as Puny had done before. Hearing Diego give a series of clicks and whistles, Trixie leaped towards Ayero at 10 m/s allowing bio-electricity to move into her front legs, her metallic claws sending off tiny arcs of electricity.

Trixie's arc would take her down towards Ayero's legs, her claws would swipe downwards, only looking to deal minor scratches. If her claws managed to touch the woman, she would feel a small jolt as a tiny portion of the electricity discharge, stunning her for a moment.

[1000+\1000]

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Locking eyes with her opponent, a slow smile came across the woman’s face as she nodded in acknowledgement to the tiger. At Diego’s signal to Trixie, Ayero readies herself and keeps a steady eye on the charging beast. Pushing back on her feet for leverage, the halfling launches herself backwards and away from the tiger at an equal speed of 10 m/s, narrowly dodges Trixie’s strike. It was close though, she felt a stray spark of bio-electricity leap from Trixie’s outstretched claw onto her leg. The spark wasn’t enough to paralyze her, but it did leave an eerie numb tingle where it had landed.

After landing the woman skids back into the ground a few meters away, straightening up to to face Trixie and Diego. ”That certainly was close. Come now, surely you’ve got more fight in you Madame Trixie!”

[1000+/1000]

Diego Namez

Diego Namez
A-Tier
A-Tier
Trixie's claws swiped through the air as the Fanalis woman leaped back, catching nothing. There was a tiny crackle of electricity as her paws landed on the ground. Ayero said something, while she couldn't understand, she sensed a teasing tone. With a throaty grunt, Trixie bared her fangs in a feline smile.

Diego was impressed by Ayero's reflexes, noticing that by dancing on the balls of her feet she could use the momentum to move faster. He made a note to ask her about it later, thinking it might be useful. He smiled, giving Trixie a series of clicks and whistles. Diego noticed he may have underestimated Ayero, not out of confidence, but more so out of nativity.

Trixie leaped forwards again at 10 m/s towards Ayero's legs, planning on attacking in the same fashion again.

[1000+/1000]

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Grinning back and Trixie, Ayero found that she was growing fonder of Diego’s pet. She shifts on her feet, knowing that an attack could come at any time from the tiger. She was beginning to grow impressed with the bond between tamer and beast, noting how Trixie waited patiently for Diego’s signal before attacking. This time the halfling had miscalculated slightly, noticing that she was just a bit too late when she sprang from her heels. As Trixie’s claws made contact with her right leg, she feels a sharp jolt followed quickly by a numbing sensation as the muscles in her leg seize up.

The young woman completes her landing but loses her balance due to the paralysis, collapsing to the side. After shaking off the surprise (but really, what had she expected?) she smiles and looks over at Trixie. ”Impressive! I’m certain that this would have been a lot worse had you used your full strength.” Propping herself up on her hands, the red head waits out the paralysis. Trixie had only used a fraction of her power on her target as evidenced by the pins and needles feeling in her limb as she slowly regains control over it.

”What have we here? Nothing but a woman and a child~” A voice called to them several meters away and Ayero’s head snaps up and she struggles to stand, using Trixie for support. They had been so focused on their training that they hadn’t noticed the men clad in black watching them. Then again, they had only just appeared—how long were they observing the fight for? Eyes narrowing, she grips at Trixie’s fur and flexes her leg in an attempt to regain full mobility. ”Leave now.” She hisses to the man who gives her an amused look and a few of his companions laugh. ”And why would we do that? You two are easy picking. I’m sure we’d get a hefty sum for two fanalis at the upcoming slave auction.” With a snarl, Ayero charges toward the man, sword drawn.

[1000+/1000]

Diego Namez

Diego Namez
A-Tier
A-Tier
Trixie got a glancing blow on Ayero's right leg and fell on her side. Diego ran up to Ayero and put a hand on her shoulder, seeing if she was alright. It appeared that the electricity from Trixie had made her temporarily unable to use her leg. Ayero seemed to shake it off and smiled at Trixie, complimenting her.

He was surprised to hear a voice and see men watching them. He noticed their garb and his eyes narrowed, "Black Fingers..." He offered Ayero help as she used Trixie for support. He motioned to Trixie to be ready as Ayero asked them to leave. The Black Fingers seemed to have it in their head that they would be selling the two Fanalis at a slave market. Diego chuckled loudly as Ayero charged forward, her sword unsheathed.

From the series of whistles and clicks, Trixie charged forward heading to the group of men. There were 10 Black Fingers in total. Trixie moved to the right of the group, her focus on the closest one. A surge of bio-electricity traveled down her limbs, sparks flickered over her metal claws and she dug into the ground. With a giant leap she pounced on the man, her claws catching the man's left side, leaving claws marks from his waist to his knee. She discharged the electricity as she hit the man and pounced back a little bit, not wanting to be left open.

The man cried out as his legs gave out, dropping him to the ground. Some sparks leaped off him, lightly shocking a man that stood nearby, but it was a passing sensation. Diego noticed the reaction, telling Trixie to put more electricity in next time through a series of clicks and whistles. He wondered if she could hit others, causing a similar reaction. He had also let Trixie know that she could react freely, letting her instincts guide her.

[1000+/1000]

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Her blade makes contact with the man’s chest, dragging downward diagonally and she quickly goes to move past him, giving him a sharp kick in the side as she passes for good measure. Noticing that Trixie had joined the fray, she shifts her attention to the left of the group. As she dodges another blade and knocks a man out with a blow to the head, she catches Trixie’s attack from her periphery and smirks to herself as she hears the cry of the fallen enemy, she herself feeling proud of Diego and his pet.

Moving on to the next man, Ayero finds herself inspired by Trixie’s practicing of her discharge attack. Perhaps I could try that new move… This would be a good opportunity for her to practice as well seeing as how she had moving targets she could freely maim without remorse that weren’t too difficult to deal with. Concentrating on her next opponent, she approaches him head on before feinting to his side and digging her blade into his shoulder. She quickly drags is down his back at 15 m/s, but draws back when she reaches his hip, frowning. She had not applied enough pressure to the initial puncture, thus the blade didn’t cut as deep as she would have liked and she wasn’t able to twist the cut around his body. The man falls back anyway and she delivers a blow to the head for good measure, eyes shifting around for her next victim.

Diego Namez

Diego Namez
A-Tier
A-Tier
A man to Trixie's right, came forward swinging an axe towards her. She leaped to the side as it grazed her fur, sending some hair whirling around the blade as it slammed into the ground. Trixie let out a deep growl that resonated around her and pounced on the man's chest, ripping her claws down the front of his body as he fell to the ground. Electricity discharged through his body and as another man came up with a horizontal slash to get Trixie off his friend's body, sparks arced onto his blade and raced up the metal stunning him. The blade fell to the ground with a clatter as he tried to move his arms.

Taking the opening, Trixie leaped off the fallen bandit's chest and pounced upon his friend's face. Her front right claws caught on his lip as a current of electricity released into his mouth. There was a weird sound, half a scream of pain, half a loud gurgle as his throat seized up. Trixie ripped her claws free, tearing through the man's lip. She took a few quick breaths looking for her next target.

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Charging at the next man, she repeats the motion of feinting to his side, this time making sure to jam the blade deep into his muscle. Wasting no time she drags the blade around the man’s back diagonally down to his hip, through his stomach and other hip and finally coming to a stop and pulling away at his backside. The man lets out a piercing scream of anguish as the woman spirals around his body, slicing through the muscle with ease.

Breathing a sigh of simultaneous relief and triumph, she stands and narrowly dodges an oncoming dagger, moving to the side. She raises her sword to strike but as she brings it down, it slips out of her hand. Gawking for a moment, she didn’t realize that during her last attack the man’s blood had seeped so far down her weapon, making the brass grip slippery. Biting her lip in conflict, she realizes that with the man so close, it would be difficult for her to go after her sword and subsequently clean in properly for use. Jumping back to avoid the narrow swipe of the man’s dagger, she thrusts her closed fist at the man’s jaw in an uppercut motion at 10 m/s. While the man is momentarily stunned, she continues with her motion and smashes her elbow into the side of his face. She doesn’t take her eyes off of him until he collapses to the ground in a heap and dashes for her sword. After retrieving the weapon she stands, looking over at Trixie’s own battle.

Spoiler:
Name: Devil’s Graze
Tier: B
Cost: 30 Stamina
Cool-Down: 5 posts
Description: The user approaches their opponent head on with their sword drawn before feinting to the side. The user then digs their blade into the opponent’s shoulder while twisting around the opponent, dragging the blade as they go at 15 m/s. This technique cuts completely through the muscle creates a spiral-like cut around the opponent’s body.

Name: Lance Uppercut
Tier: D
Cost: 10 Stamina
Weapon Type: N/A
Cool-Down: 2 posts
Description: The user thrusts their fist at the target’s jaw in an uppercut motion at 10 m/s. The user turns their arm and slams their elbow into the opponent’s cheekbone, dealing D-tier damage.

Diego Namez

Diego Namez
A-Tier
A-Tier
Zanzibar rests his body on Diego's head, dangling his legs as he watched Fanalis and Tiger fight with fiery determination. Metal glinted in the sunlight as it met flesh, while sparks crackled between the Black Fingers. "Squee~"

Diego chuckled and reached his hand up to pet his spider. The two met their foes with impressive tenacity. He wondered if he should assist as well, it seemed wrong not to help Trixie at least. It was her ferocity that convinced him not too, she could handle her own just fine. It was the first real fight since their recent months in the forests of Reim.

Trixie stood her ground as the last two bandits charged her with spear and dagger. The Black Finger on her left thrust at her side with his spear, moving forward at fifteen meters per second. Trixie reacted by turning into the thrust and lunging towards him, charging bio-electricity throughout her body. The spear cut through her skin and muscle from shoulder to haunch as she moved along the spear and tackled the man. Landing legs on shoulders and things, she discharged Lightning Fury into the Black Finger, crippling his body with paralysis.  As they fell together, the remnant electricity arced to the last bandit, lightly shocking him.

Diego couldn't believe his eyes, reacting quickly, he held Zanzibar while he slipped off his bow and nocked an arrow. He clicked his tongue, with an exhale he released the arrow, sending it ten meters per second towards the Black Finger as he got shocked. It hit the bandit in the knee, knocking him to his knees before collapsing onto the ground.

He ran towards Trixie, but she just bristled her fur and walked up to Ayero, putting her paw on the Fanalis woman's arm. The look in her eye seemed like an acceptance, an acceptance of family. Diego tilted his head and chuckled, "That was awesome you two!"

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Ayero observes Trixie’s battle intently, standing off to the side so as to not be involved, but close enough to intervene should she need assistance. Her eyes widen as the Black Finger’s spear slices alongside Trixie. Fearing the worst, the halfling grips at her sword and grinds her teeth in anxiety. But Trixie proves to be able to handle herself well, crashing downward on her opponent as she electrocutes him, the residual electricity leaping over to the nearby bandit. Bringing her sword back, she arches forward on her feet preparing to intervene. She stops short when Diego’s arrow makes contact with the man’s knee, causing the bandit to crumple to the ground.

Glancing over at the young fanalis, she had momentarily forgotten that he mentioned being taught the long-range weapon in order to fight alongside his pets. Feel pressure on her arm, she turns her head back to meet with Trixie’s eyes. Somewhat startled at first, her own gaze softens and a slow smile spreads along her face. Perhaps it was the adrenaline, but Ayero felt a strange yet comfortable warmth. Diego approached them as she reached to rubbed Trixie’s head affectionately. ”Indeed it was. Trixie here is quite the fighter. You two have a strong bond, not many people would learn a skill to fight alongside their beasts like that. I’m impressed.” She smiles fondly over at Diego and Zanzibar. ”I suppose I was wrong about you. You’re more than capable of caring for yourself.” She muses, looking down at Trixie. ”Come, let’s go back into town where we can rest and treat Trixie’s wound.”

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum