A Friend Indeed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Friend Indeed Empty A Friend Indeed on 09/07/14, 10:16 pm

Altair Loros

Altair Loros
A-Tier
A-Tier
The Sands of Time, Part 2:
Job Name: The Sands of Time [Part 2 of the Lost Empire Trilogy] [One time only mission][Person that completed Part 1 must be on this mission]  
Job Rank: B
Job Location: Desert of Forgotten Souls
Job Rewards: 200xp / 15,000 Huang / A purple life crystal pendant(does nothing but glows a soft purple color)
Job Overview:
Now that the Desert Stone has been retrieved one can begin to decipher the message written on it. The message speaks of the location of the city, the main city of the Ramions. The city is located nearly 20 KM from Heliopaht making it a rather long ride to get there. The city is the capital of the civilization that the Pharaoh is seeking. One needs to head out on a journey to the lost city. The city is mainly all underground with small bits of ruins poking out from below. There is an entrance to the underground in one of these ruins, one just needs to take it down below to actually get to the city.

The underground city is massive, nearly the size of any of the other country’s capital cities. There are paved streets, massive buildings, and tidy looking homes. Though the city has been abandoned for nearly 1000 years it looks like it is still in great shape. As one walks through this massive place they will encounter a few desert scorpions. At the center of the city is a massive white pyramid, almost an exact duplicate of the Black Pyramid.

Inside this structure one will see glyphs of different stories of the civilization, images of the rulers, and a writings about a power that was used by the people. It seems that there is a common item that appears in each of these stories though, a purple crystal. Going deeper into the pyramid a soft purple light will start to light the way, one will be going up towards the top of the building at this point. Near at the very top of the pyramid lays a massive amethyst looking gem that pulsates a purple color. When you place your hand on the gem a flash of purple light will wash over you and the radiate throughout the whole city. You will instantly find yourself transported to the outside near the entrance to the city. Though what was once underground and empty now seems to be above on the surface and bustling with life.

The gem will have taken you into the memories of the city itself and showing you the days leading up to the mysterious disappearance of the country. The people will look rather similar to those from Heliopaht. As you walk through the streets not a soul will be able to sense or see you allowing you to come and go as you please. Make your way back to the White Pyramid and see the truth about the power of these people. There the king of this land and several court magicians will be in a major discussion, it seems that the city’s power source and strongest weapon are becoming more and more unstable with each passing day. The king wanting to protect his people will have commissioned the mages to learn of a way to seal the power. In doing so he also sealed his people and country to the Life Gem ( the purple stone). The Life Gem sealed the people’s life force and memories inside of itself while sealing the city beneath the surface of the desert. After hearing these things and witnessing the sealing process you will be transported back to the White Pyramid of your own time, now with a small piece of the gem in your hand.
Enemies and abilities:
Spoiler:

Enemy Name: Giant Desert Scorpions x8
Needed damage to take down: C rank damage each
Abilities: Each beast is roughly .5 meters tall and 1 meter long. They have pincers and a tail with a sharp point, each can deal C tier damage. If struck by the tail a poison will be injected into the body of those hit causing C tier damage for the next 4 post.

Altair ran at a full sprint down the wall of inns and bars, looking for the one that held his new friend Yakuroro.  He had just been somewhere that the big guy probably would have loved, and he had an idea for where he should go next.  You see, Altair had just discovered a codex for the Toran language, and deciphered it.  Completely.  And after briefly reading one of the walls of the ruins in which he found the codex, he discovered something of a lost ruin far to the west.  If they were to travel to it, they could potentially discover something about A: the dungeons (which Altair was personally hoping for) or B: a connection to that lost civilization whose language inhabited the ancient parts of this world.

He stopped at an inn called the Grasshopper, and went inside.  after stopping to chat for a moment with the innkeeper, he was allowed to climb the stairs to Yakuroro's room.  Funny thing about looking like an average shepherd, people seem to just trust you.  Altair knocked on Yakuroro's door, and called out to him.  "Yakuroro, it's Altair.  I have something I think you'll want to see."  He then removed the pen and paper that he had scribbled their names in Toran on.  If Yakuroro knew anything about how to decipher the language, this would be a quite the surprise.

~231/1500~

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Altair Loros' Vault

2A Friend Indeed Empty Re: A Friend Indeed on 09/07/14, 10:53 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
Yakuroro was at a desk which he had dragged over to the bed for chairs here were simply to small for him. The large Imuchakk was pouring over a map of the desert of forgotten souls marking off areas he'd already searched. Yakuroro was having no luck at all finding anything related to the Toran Language and it's people. He'd followed several leads since he arrived in Heliohapt but not a single one turned up anything other than a total dead end. For the past few days he'd spent his time mapping out parts of the desert on his own but these expeditions took time and the shifting sands made it almost impossible to navigate. Luckily the dungeon stood high in the distance giving the Imuchakk a large landmark to work off of.

When Altair knocked on the door it was honestly a thankful respite from looking over the culmination of the past week's failure. The door opened and Yakuroro gave a friendly smile but before he could say anything the young shepherd ran in and scrambled for writing tools. "Gyao? Gyao!~" Akatetsu was surprised at his sudden entrance and hopped down from the window to see who entered only to give Altair a  happy greeting. Yaku walked behind him and watched what he was writing with curiosity and then amazement. The Imuchakk knew nothing about how to decipher the text before him but he was able to recognize it's origins. "Toran...Where did you learn to write this? Is it from memory? Did you find a temple? Does anyone else know about this? This is fantastic!" His excitement must have been clear from the barrage of energetically toned questions.

At last, Yakuroro realized he was not letting Altair have time to answer anything. The Imuchakk silenced himself and looked at the shepherd eager to hear all the details.

~309/1500 Word Count~

Thank you all, for everything.

3A Friend Indeed Empty Re: A Friend Indeed on 09/07/14, 11:07 pm

Altair Loros

Altair Loros
A-Tier
A-Tier
Altair smiled a wide grin, "Yakuroro my friend, these are our names. In Toran. You're never going to guess what i found in the desert." From there, Altair explained the peculiar job posting that he saw on the board, and how he had jumped at the opportunity to learn more about this Toran language that Yakuroro was so interested in. He told him of his run-in with a Fanalis named Dynatos, and his partner Ares. He told him of the temple that they found that was hidden under a sand dune, and was uncovered during the storm a few day earlier. He told him of the scorpion guardians, and finally, he told him of the codex. "And so, i sat down and i studied it as much as i could. I've got the alphabet memorized, and i'm still working on their sentence structure, but i've found it! And the best part is, i know where to find another ruin just like it." Altair walked over to the map that Yakuroro had been marking, and after a moment, put his finger on a point far from the capital. "you were looking too close to Heliohapt. from what i read in those ruins, the temple is clear out over here. It's a two week walk, but with your carpet, i bet we could cover that distance in a quarter of the time." Altair spread his arms and laughed, "Just think! you and I could be the ones to uncover this lost civilization!" He smiled as he saw the look on Yakuroro's face. he'd never seen him happier.

~500/1500~

Altair Loros' Vault

4A Friend Indeed Empty Re: A Friend Indeed on 09/07/14, 11:30 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
"Hmm..." The Imuchakk rubbed his chin as he listened to Altair's unbelievable tale. Not only had he found the toran codex and the location of another temple, but he had also done so after meeting Dynatos and Ares? For a moment Yakuroro thought this a trick being played upon him by the fanalis whom had somehow met Atlair and learned of their mutual acquaintance with the blue magician. But the Toran writing beforoe Yakuroro's eyes told him that the story was true. The Shepherd then moved to show Yakuroro where these other ruins were on his maps. It would have taken months for Yakuroro's search to expand that far so this was quite the breakthrough which would surely save him lots of time.

A large smile returned Altair's excitement and the Imuchakk nodded, "Indeed, it certainly sounds like a once in a lifetime chance. But you've got one thing wrong my friend." Yaku walked towards the window and Akatetsu stepped out of the way as the large man grasped the flying carpet around his waist and willed it to unfurl just outside Yakuroro's second story inn room. Yakuroro hopped on and was soon joined by Akatetsu with a growl that was excited to be going on an adventure. "My carpet was only going half it's full speed when we met. If I go all out we'll be there in an eight of the time! Grab that barrel and come aboard!" There was a barrel near the desk with all the maps which were supplies intended for Yakuroro's next expedition. It was full of potatoes.

~573/1500 Word Count~

5A Friend Indeed Empty Re: A Friend Indeed on 09/07/14, 11:57 pm

Altair Loros

Altair Loros
A-Tier
A-Tier
Altair laughed as he saw the barrel of potatoes.  He grabbed it and jumped on the flying carpet that Yakuroro had thrown out the window.  When he climbed aboard, they were away.  They left like a bolt of lightning from a bottle.  Yakuroro wasn't kidding, this carpet was FAST.  they cleared the edge of Heliohapt in under a minute, and flew out towards the west at breakneck speed.  Altair had a bit of trouble finding his footing, but after a few moments, he was comfortable with the speed.  They flew for miles, but Altair knew that even at this speed, it would take at least another day to reach the location of the temple.

They settled down for the night in a quiet oasis that they found by pure luck.  Altair told stories of legends and tales from his tribe, while Yakuroro kept Altair intrigued with his recent studies of magic and the Toran culture.  The moon was high in the sky as they drifted to sleep.

Altair was woken up by the sounds of clacking pincers.  His eyes snapped open, to see that Yakuroro and himself were surrounded by the same giant scorpions that he had fought in the previous ruins.  Altair jumped to his feet and grabbed his rod, swatting a scorpion away just as it jumped for his face.  He turned to see Yakuroro about to be stung by one of the bugs.  But Altair had his hands full with yet another Scorpion coming for his leg. Turning only for a second, he yelled, "Yakuroro! Wake up! Hurry!"

~762/1500~

Altair Loros' Vault

6A Friend Indeed Empty Re: A Friend Indeed on 10/07/14, 11:49 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
While the Imuchakk was fast asleep, Akatetsu had woken midst the middle of the night even before Altair had. The young Bone head found himself stirring from his slumber with a need to adjust his bladder's liquid levels. Tetsu sat up from his spot using Yakuroro's chest as a pillow and rubbed his eyes as a tired yawn escaped his jaws. The sleepy chimera waddled his way over to the top of a nearby dune and began to relive himself. Little did the creature know that his discharge would splatter all over a giant scorpion nest while the Bonehead stared up mesmerized by the star filled night sky.

While Akatetsu was distracted by the beauty of nature, the large scorpion's left their nest in full force bursting out the other side of the large dune where Altair and Yakuroro slept. "Gyao?" Akatetsu heard the noise and looked down in terror as the poisonous beasts scuttled towards the human and Imuchakk, "GYAO! GYAAAAAO!" He began to roar as loud as he could in order to wake the others but it seemed like Altair had already awoken. Yakuroro however was only just barely beginning to stir as a giant scorpion approach the Imuchakk with it's deadly stinger at the ready. "Gyaaaaooo!" The chimera's legs compressed in preparation for Explosive Movement before leaping forwards off the peak of the sand dune at 10m/s. Akatetsu's thick bone skull would crash into the scorpion's stinger just as it moved to strike deflecting the deadly blow off course. Tetsu then landed on the creature's face and began clawing at its eyes violently killing the beast before it could retaliate.

Yakuroro awoke with a big yawn and looked around wearily, "Is it morning already?..." the giant scorpion stinger then fell limp next to him with a dull thud prompting Yaku to turn around rubbing his eyes. The sight of Akatetsu standing atop a dead giant scorpion surprised Yakuroro but he kept his composure and smiled happily, "That's quite the catch little guy! Get over here!" The Imuchakk chuckled and moved to pat Akatetsu on the head giving the "son" fatherly praise. These two seemed like useless goofballs and did nothing further to help the fight leaving the rest up to Altair.

~948/1500 Word Count~
Magoi/Stamina: 245/250
Spoiler:
Explosive Movement ~ A D-tier special lasting only a single post with a 3 post cool down. It consumes 5 magoi/stamina to use. Akatetsu's muscles tense and contract before launching himself in any direction at 10m/s.

7A Friend Indeed Empty Re: A Friend Indeed on 11/07/14, 09:02 pm

Altair Loros

Altair Loros
A-Tier
A-Tier
Altair slammed his rod down on the head of the closest scorpion, and then searched for the others. One popped up in front of him, but the other eluded him. Altair ran forwards, dancing around the tail of the thing as it stabbed at his legs. Altair flung sand in it's eyes, confusing it for just the moment he needed to smash it's tail. afterwards, he jumped forwards, and crushed it's body beneath his own. That's when it happened. Altair felt a sharp pain in his left heel, and spun to see that the scorpion had stung him with its tail. He turned, and crushed the beast with his rod before it could run away.

The pain came almost immediately after that. Altair grunted, and fell to his knees. He looked at his heel to see a purple liquid running from the wound, and his veins bulging out from the skin around his heel. This was bad. The pain was excruciating. He pulled a small knife from his bag and, though it caused him incredible pain, cut deeper into the wound. His blood began to mix with the venom of the scorpion then, as it ran out of him. This alleviated some of his pain, but not all the effects were stopped. Altair tore a piece of his cloak off, and tied it around the lower part of his leg, stopping himself from losing too much blood, and preventing the venom from spreading past his leg.

He then turned to see Yakuroro hugging his son. They must have dealt with their foes already. "Yakuroro, do you have some kind of spell or magic to subdue poison? I could really use it right now." Altair gripped his leg to deal with the pain. it was slowly subsiding, but it was still powerful and hard to deal with.

~1068/1500~

Altair Loros' Vault

8A Friend Indeed Empty Re: A Friend Indeed on 11/07/14, 09:42 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
If Altair could not handle himself against these scorpions then he had no right to challege the dungeon so Yakuroro made no efforts to help the shepherd even as he became injured in his battle. It seemed the human ultimately won his fight but it was at the cost of a bad wound inflicted with venom. The Imuchakk watched curiously as Altair tried to drain as much of the toxin as he could before applying a makeshift bandage. It was a decent enough job but even if it wasn't for now it would have to do as Yakuroro could only answer negative to Altair's question. "Hmm...I could wash the wound out with water magic and it might remove some of the venom but you'd have to wrap it all over again. If I knew life magic then perhaps I could do something but I only know the very basics behind it. I couldn't possibly conjure up a spell to heal any sort of wound. Talking to purple rukh is rather difficult for me you see. My compatibility is to water and sound magic. If I studied hard enough and for long enough I could eventually learn life magic but only those loved by the purple rukh can learn it with any real aptitude." The Imuchakk nodded to himself to affirm that he'd given a simple enough explanation so that Altair might understand.

Yaku stood from his spot in the sand and stepped over to Altair before offering him a hand. "Don't worry, I shall carry you my friend! I might not be useful in a fight but I sure know how to carry weight! But for now we should get back to sleep. There is still about half a day till we reach the spot on the map you marked." The suggestion was out of concern for Altair's health but something told him the man would decide to forge on ahead without any more rest in favor of reaching the temple as soon as possible.

What the blue magician truly wanted was to suggest they head back so he could leave Altair with a doctor but he was sure the former shepherd's pride would never allow it.

~1316/1500~

9A Friend Indeed Empty Re: A Friend Indeed on 12/07/14, 07:57 pm

Altair Loros

Altair Loros
A-Tier
A-Tier
Altair grimaced.  no, it wouldn't due to have the wound get infected by washing it with impure water.  He would just have to bear with it.  Life magic.  That would be nice to have on hand.  Maybe he could find someone in town later who could use it.  But not right now.  "Thank you my friend, but my shepherds staff will help me walk.  There is no need to carry me like a babe.  And we can't afford to rest.  If there are scorpions about around here, then those that found us are sure to be part of a larger group.  No.  Instead we should press on.  It won't be too much longer to the ruins, and i can bet that you are just buzzing with excitement."  Altair couldn't let something as small as a scorpion sting slow him down.  It was painful, but it wasn't a serious threat.  He could keep going.  He had to keep going.

The three of them hopped back onto the carpet, and were off.  It took until almost sundown, but they finally made it to the ruins.  Altair gasped at the sight.  "Yakuroro, isn't that..."  The sight was that of an enormous white pyramid.  It was startlingly reminiscent of the famous black pyramid.  The pyramid was surrounded by what looked like an abandoned city.  Well, something like one anyways. There was very little to see except for a few abandoned ruined houses, and a pair of obelisks. The rest of it just looked... empty.

~1323/1500~

Last edited by Altair Loros on 13/07/14, 05:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Altair Loros' Vault

10A Friend Indeed Empty Re: A Friend Indeed on 12/07/14, 08:22 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
((Looks like someone didn't read the mission details properly~ The city isn't visible from above ground silly!))

As Yakuroro had feared, Altair insisted that they push on showing no regard for the injury he had received fighting desert scorpions. Their venom could be deadly if not treated properly and it was not a stretch to say that the man's life was in danger from the wound. But the shepherd refused to let such a trifling matter bother him. There was clearly only one thing Altair saw and that was the path in front of him. Some might consider it a trait of madness or foolishness but the Imuchakk did not judge Altair as such. The rukh seemed to love stubborn folk like Altair whom never gave in to despair or lost hope. Yakuroro recognized it as a sign one is walking their path along the road called fate without detours or deviations.

Since his companion did not accept the gesture to return, Yakuroro agreed to continue onwards and mounted the flying carpet with Akatetsu and Altair in tow. Once they had finally reached their destination it looked rather underwhelming. There was indeed a white "Pyramid" but it looked to be hardly even a 10th of the size of it's black counterpart. There were a few building poking up out of the sand here and there but the entirety of the ruins appeared small in comparison to most temples and ruins found in the desert. There were really only three structure visible to the group from above ground. "Yes, I think this is it if your map was right but...there's hardly anything here."

Yakuroro lowered the flying carpet to the pyramid and dismounted from it in order to search the perimeter. The carpet wrapped around his waist closing his robes shut as the blue magician took large steps round the four sides of the white pyramid but there was no sign of an entrance. "It doesn't look like we can get in from here. Maybe we should check the other buildings?"

~1500+/1500~

11A Friend Indeed Empty Re: A Friend Indeed on 13/07/14, 05:31 am

Altair Loros

Altair Loros
A-Tier
A-Tier
"Well we have kind of slim pickings.  But i bet we can narrow down the most likely one that will lead us inside."  The most uncovered and intact of the buildings included two obelisks, one white and one black, and a surprisingly intact coliseum.  Altair thought for a moment before continuing, "Hmm... Well, coliseums are generally meant for you to look in from above, so i doubt we could get in from there.  As for the obelisks, it could be either or.  But i have a hunch that there is a some kind of connection to the white one and the white pyramid."  Altair nodded before walking forwards.  Well, more like hobbling.  His leg was still in pain from his earlier wound.

The obelisk was tall, and bleached white.  there was a door on the far side, that led to a staircase leading down, but away from the pyramid, at least for the moment.  Altair started first, and stepped into the obelisk.  Immediately, the stairs shifted, causing them to become a sheer surface, causing Altair to fall and slide down their length.  "Whoaoaoaooaaaa!"  He yelled, as he proceeded faster and faster down the chute.  His yell soon turned to laughter as he reached the bottom, and slid along the soft sand at the end.  He looked up to reveal that the real city was entirely underground!  "Yakuroro!  You have to come see this!  Just slide down, it's fun!"  He looked around to get a better idea of where he was, and saw the the area was relatively well lit, thanks to some glow moss that covered most of the structures.  Here he could see the various houses, marketplaces, and temples that were hidden from view up above ground.  "This is fantastic..."  He said to himself.

Just then, four more of the scorpion bastards popped up from the sand, and came crawling towards Altair.  He heard them coming, and used his Jackal Killing Technique to dispatch two of them immediately, striking them in their tails and skulls.  Altair wasn't playing around this time.  He couldn't afford another wound like the first.  He killed a third with his Bear Killing Technique, smashing its tail and body in one blow.  The fourth began to run away after seeing its friends so hastily defeated, but Altair was faster.  He Quivered, suddenly in front of the scorpion, and brought down a hammer blow to its head, killing it instantly.  As Yakuroro appeared at the bottom of the slide he said, "More scorpions.  Keep an eye out."

Techs:
Name: Jakkaru o korosu (Slay the Jackals)
Tier: B
Cost: 30 Stamina
Weapon Type: Rod
Class: Offensive
Range: Melee
Duration: 1 post
Cool-Down: 5 posts
Description: A wicked series of four attacks that targets the joints and can crush bones, cause internal bleeding, and is great for dealing with crowds. Deals B tier Damage to a single opponent, C tier damage to two opponents, or D tier damage to four opponents. the speed of the attack is 15m/s.

Name: Kuma o Korosu (Slay the Bear)
Tier: C
Cost: 20 Stamina
Weapon Type: Rod
Range: Melee
Duration: Instantaneous
Cool-Down: 3 posts
Description: The user puts on a burst of speed and gets behind their opponent. They then land a devastating blow to the base of the skull. this can cause broken bones, internal bleeding, and has a possibility of knocking out an opponent. Movement is 10 m/s for 1 second, and deals rank C damage.

Name: Yadzutsu (Quiver)
Tier: D
Cost: 10 Stamina
Weapon Type: None
Class: Supplementary
Range: Self
Duration: Instantaneous
Cool-Down: 2 Posts
Description: Allows the user to instantly get to 6 m/s.

Stamina/Magoi: 190/250

~1500+/1500~

Last edited by Altair Loros on 13/07/14, 03:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Altair Loros' Vault

12A Friend Indeed Empty Re: A Friend Indeed on 13/07/14, 02:01 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
Yakuroro was still inspecting the white pyramid when Altair moved to enter one of the obelisks. The Imuchakk and his chimeric companion would never have even noticed the shepherd was gone had his scream not echoed up through the obelisk. Yakuroro made his way over to the structure calling out for Altair as his screaming turned to echoed laughter. The stairs now in their slide shade didn't appear to be a safe path at first. They looked like a trash chute leading down into infinite darkness. Thankfully the calls from Altair down below declared it a safe and rather fun means of travel. But did Yakuroro really want to go so deep underground? "I think I'll be safe and take the carpet...What about you Tets-" The bone head had already jumped onto the slide happily, "Gyaaao!" Yakuroro then stumbled after him and wound up on the slide anyways going face first to chase after his adoptive son. "Wait up Akatetsuuuuu!"

By the time the Imuchakk and his bone head chimera had reached the bottom Altair was just wrapping up a battle with some more scorpions. The giant desert creatures were monstrously big but that just seemed to help them fall harder. Their insect-like carapaces simply couldn't withstand the blow's from Altair's iron rod as it crushed bug juice out of their bodies with each blow. Seeing that the shepherd had things under control, Yakuroro decided not to get involved as that would mean revealing even a small fraction of his own fighting potential. Since he still wanted Altair to think that he were nothing but a simple researcher Yakuroro played the part by ignoring the beasts to look in awe at the murals upon the wall. After pulling out a small torch Yakuroro lit it and spread some like to push back the near pitch black darkness of the underground city. "I can't read them but these glyphs seem to be telling a story...What do you think Tetsu? Did the ancients leave this message here for a reason?" Obviously they had, but the Imuchakk wanted to prompt his "son" with questions to keep the beast thinking and always on its mental toes so to speak.

"Look at this glyph in particular..." The Imuchakk rose his hand to touch a small engraving that had been colored purple. As he did a sudden wind blew through all the the ruins putting out Yakuroro's torch. For a moment they would be returned to darkness until a faint glow originated from the white pyramid at the center of the city. A gentle purple light spread towards Altair and Yakuroro as if it were reaching out to them specifically. The Blue Magician noticed a flock of rukh fluttering from the pyramid entrance and smiled. "There Altair!...we should follow that light."

Int Spec Training ~ 468/2000

13A Friend Indeed Empty Re: A Friend Indeed on 14/07/14, 02:22 am

Altair Loros

Altair Loros
A-Tier
A-Tier
Altair was watching for signs of more scorpions when Yakuroro touched something on the wall.  Suddenly the white pyramid reacted, sending out a pale purple light streaming in their direction that almost seemed to call out to them.  This was confirmed when Yakuroro said they should get closer.  It was then that Altair noticed something that he had never seen before.  A flock of glowing white birds emanated from the glowing door.  "They're beautiful.  I've never seen birds like that before.  Perhaps they are native to the sands around here."  As he noted their beauty, one bird in particular came and landed on his shepherds staff.  It turned a deep purple color and rested for a moment before rejoining the flock.  "Wow...  Yakuroro, have you ever seen such a thing?"  He said, as he continued towards the light.  As he walked closer, the birds seemed to swarm around them, pushing them ever closer to the gate.  Whatever was inside, sure seemed to be important to the birds.  "They seem so friendly.  But they appeared out of nowhere.  How strange they are..."

Upon reaching the light, Altair and Yakuroro entered the hall and followed its twisting path up into the pyramid.  As they walked, the odd purple bird would fly out from deeper inside.  There were a variety of paths, but upon the ceiling were glowing purple runes that led the correct way through.  As they continued, the light on the ceiling faded, to give way to a soft purple light not unlike the one that led into the pyramid.  The pair entered a room that held the source of the light.  a large purple amethyst that seemed to pulse with a power and life all its own.  "What do you suppose it is, Yakuroro?  I've certainly never seen a crystal this large.  Do you think it is magical?"

Intelligence Training ~312/2000~

Altair Loros' Vault

14A Friend Indeed Empty Re: A Friend Indeed on 14/07/14, 08:14 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
When Yakuroro pointed to the temple a large wave of white and purple rukh would soar past them in speed and numbers Yakuroro had never seen before in his life. The throng of fluttering birds was a magnificent sight to behold and made Yakuroro appreciate being a magician who could see the creatures of fate in all their glory. But to the Imuchakk's great surprise, Altair was seeing them as well! The magician didn't quite know if it was because there were so many tightly packed together or if the shepherd was showing late signs of magic aptitude but the thought of both delighted Yakuroro. "You can see the Rukh!? Altair, this is something I see every day. These are the rukh which make up everything in this world. They are the building blocks of our daily lives. Your hair, your bones, your blood, and all of your muscles find their origin's with the rukh. The ocean, rocks, and animals too! Many believe that one's very soul comes from the rukh and that without it, life would vanish from this world. Usually only magician's can see them..." Yakuroro did not reveal to Altair that there was one other place where the rukh held great importance...Dungeons. The memory of those strange birds fluttering about as he entered and exited Marax was still clear at the front of Yakuroro's mind. But now was not the time to get the young human thinking about his death wish to enter the dungeon.

The Imuchakk followed behind Altair and ducked his head to enter the gate of the grand White Pyramid. It seemed as though the place was built to be a maze for intruders and thieves. But Yakuroro and Altair had the only pass they needed to be clear of all suspicion. The blessings of the rukh guided them through the true path leading deeper into the pyramid's chamber. It was almost as if the structure itself were alive and willing them to discover the secrets she had been holding for so many years. Deeper in was the same purple light that had flashed so wildly before only now it was simply an ambient glow that washed over the interior like an extra dimension. Eventually the path opened up to a large chamber where a massive jewel sat glowing a radiant purple. "Ohhh...." The Imuchakk's eyes glistened with scholarly interest as he reached out to touch the gem but his hand was stayed by Altair's questions. It was just too painfully ignorant of magic for the madoushi to ignore.

"Ahem...Altair, the rukh that led us here ARE magic. There are all kinds of rukh in the world but they are classified by their color into eight primary categories. Listen up altair, I'm going to be giving you a magic lesson!" Yakuroro would not take no for an answer and would resort to bonking Altair on the head with his staff any time the Shepherd tried to protest or looked to be dozing off or otherwise not paying attention. "The rukh are categorized by their color into eight different types. The first type is..." Yakuroro stared at Altair for a moment and took mental not that this man had not been born as a magician. Instead of going into all the details perhaps it would be better to keep things simple. "On second thought, since you're able to see the purple rukh here we will just talk about that one for now." To be honest, Yakuroro rarely studied life magic but this would be a good chance to refresh himself of it's properties.

"Purple Rukh is the 8th type and is what magician's use in Life Magic which...let's see here...You can heal wounds with life magic and it can also be used to create life forms. A skilled life magician can use a blade of grass or even tiny animals so small the unaided eye cannot see them and turn these miniscule sources of life into a great tree or even a monster to do their bidding. One of my magic teachers know's some life magic and used it to create Akatetsu here." The Chimera jumped in place and growled happily taking a pose as if to show off his bone skull which was the result of genetic manipulation.

~1186/2000 Int Training~

15A Friend Indeed Empty Re: A Friend Indeed on 15/07/14, 04:49 pm

Altair Loros

Altair Loros
A-Tier
A-Tier
"Uh, Yakuroro, i don't think now is really the time for, OUCH!"  Altair said as he was quickly rapped on the head by the magicians staff.  Fine.  Altair guessed it was the least he could do to listen.  After all, if he could see these "Rukh" as Yakuroro called them, it might mean that he could have some talent for it.  Altair listened intently, focusing particularly on the parts about this Life Magic that the purple Rukh represented.  "So, you can heal grievous injuries, and even create new life?  That's incredible...  These Rukh have so much power.  Think of all the good you could do with that kind of ability."  Altair thought for a moment before proceeding with, "You said that you were attuned to Water Magic.  How would one tell what kind of Rukh they are loved by?"  He said this almost to himself, it was so quiet.

Altair began to think of all the people he could save with Life Magic.  So many wounded and suffering could be healed and prevented with a word.  Think of all the lives he could restore.  And think of how it would help in the dungeon...  Altair turned to Yakuroro and said, "Yakuroro, when we get out of here, i want you to teach me magic.  It's imperative that i have all of my pieces on the board for when i put my plan into action."  Altair's face was stoic.  The only emotion it showed was that of righteous fury.  Altair would free them all, no matter how long it took.  No matter how long he had to fight.  No matter what he had to lose.  White Rukh began to flutter around him, encouraged by his will to follow his destiny.  "I'll free them all.  And punish anyone who gets in my way."  He thought to himself.  At that moment, a single Rukh, almost lost in the flurry of others, turned a pitch black.

Altair then broke from his thoughts and returned his normal smile.  "Well, if we want to find out what this stone does, we'd better start by examining it."  Altair reached forwards to pick up the stone.  Upon touching it, there was an enormous flash of white light, and suddenly they were surrounded by images of past events.  People in the marketplace buying fruits, a man and woman getting married, and countless other images flashed before their eyes.  Altair felt like the earth was moving beneath him.  After a few more moments, everything stopped.  They were back outside the pyramid, still underground, but this time, everything was alive.

Altair was floored.  They had returned to where they had started, at the floor of the white obelisk, but instead of a ruined city, there was a grand metropolis full of life and sounds.  "Wow.  This i did not expect.  What were those images from before?  And how did this ruined city suddenly get restored?"  Altair wasn't used to being flung around by magic, so he looked to Yakuroro for advice, only to find that the magician wasn't there! "Yakuroro!?" He whirled to find that only the bottom of his staff had come with Altair through the vortex of images. He picked it up, and fearing the worst, started running back towards the White Pyramid.

~862/2000~

Altair Loros' Vault

16A Friend Indeed Empty Re: A Friend Indeed on 15/07/14, 07:37 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
When Altair asked the Imuchakk how to determine one's magic type, Yakuroro pondered for a moment before replying. "In Magnostadt there is a magic tool which can tell you which type you have the highest affinity for...but most magician's find out on their own through life. For example, I saw blue rukh and heard its voice before I ever knew what magic was. If one is attuned to the rukh and listens to its guidance then it's likely they will learn their primary magic type without ever going to a teacher or school to learn." With the explanation over Yakuroro nodded to himself as if to self affirm what he had just said like he wasn't one hundred percent sure about it. But this was waved away by a gesture in response to Altair's statement. "I've never taught anyone magic before, I don't know if I could teach it very well. I only know the basics myself. If you want to learn then I think you should travel to Magnostadt and give up on your silly quest to enter the dungeon." But as he denied the request Yakuroro noticed pure white rukh gathering around the Shepherd.

It was unclear what the gathering of white birds significance was but Yakuroro suspected they were responding to the man's frame of mind. But without seeing inside the human's head this was only a theory which could not be proven. Yakuroro watched as Altair suggested they begin investigating the giant crystal and the Imuchakk nodded in agreeance. But as soon as the Shepherd touched the glowing gem a sphere of purple light and magoi spread outwards encasing Altair. "What's going on!?" Yakuroro shouted as he stared in shock at the work of magic taking place before his eyes. There were so many advanced ceremonies and commands involved in the spell that Yakuroro questioned whether or not it was even possible for a group of mages to manage. "Altaiiiir!" Yakuroro shouted but to no avail. While he could still see the human his words did not reach past the strange barrier and Altair was staring at the light seemingly mesmerized.

Yakuroro attempted to force his way through the wall of purple light with his staff by wrapping it in his borg. "Gyao!" Akatetsu growled is he tried to help Yakuroro push the staff inside but it was only able to penetrate half way inside before there was another bright flash of light. Yakuroro and Akatetsu were blasted backwards as his borg shattered. The light faded and Yakuroro sat up to see that the crystal and his friend were gone. To make matters worse, so was the bottom half of Yaku's Unicorn Horn Staff. These realizations came just before the ground suddenly shifted beneath the Imuchakk and his Chimeric companion and they looked at each other with worry. Without any more warning the ground beneath them fell apart leaving the two at the mercy of gravity to fall into a deep dark pit...

~1684/2000~

17A Friend Indeed Empty Re: A Friend Indeed on 15/07/14, 11:00 pm

Altair Loros

Altair Loros
A-Tier
A-Tier
"Yakuroro! Yakuroro!" Altair ran through the streets of the town, carrying the broken staff of the Imuchakk Magician. He yelled for his friend, who had disappeared when he was transported. "Has anyone seen a large, blue haired, giant? Please, it's important that i find him!" Although Altair yelled at the top of his lungs, nobody seemed like they were listening to his cries, or even cared. Finally, he turned to grab someone by the shoulder. "Please! I need to, Oh!" He exclaimed, as his hand went right through the man's body without touching him. Altair went very still. What was this place? He was like a ghost here. Life went on around him as though he didn't exist at all. Altair looked at his hand, and then closed it into a fist. He had to get out of here and find Yakuroro. He might know a way to undo this effect.

Altair walked towards the entrance to the white Pyramid. he still walked around people, trying not to run into them as that sensation of passing through them was rather unpleasant. along the way, he heard what sounded like the spell that Yakuroro used to pull water from the ground. Altair stopped to listen and watch what the apparent magician did. "So, you see, that by giving specific commands to the Rukh, i can cause them to work much more efficiently than simply by willing the end result. So, for this spell i simply gave the command "gather water", and the Rukh converted to blue to collect it." Altair watched with interest as the man continued to explain how to give commands to the Rukh, and how through combinations of commands, you could get the Rukh to do almost anything. The man then proceeded to pull out a small object that looked like a glass head. He told those listening that this object could tell them what type of magic they were attuned to. "You don't say... That must be what Yakuroro was talking about earlier." He watched as student after student walked up to the idol and placed their hands on it. The idol spewed fire, water, force, and other kinds of energy at the students, prompting the teacher to say, "Type 1, Type 2, Type 7..." and so on. There was one time in particular that caught Altair's attention, when a young woman walked up to the idol, and it sprayed flies at her. The teacher nodded and said, "Type 8. A Life Magic user." Then the teacher began to lead the students away to practice spells themselves. Altair walked up to the idol, and reached out to touch it. He figured he wouldn't be able to, but to his surprise, it still responded! The idol turned purple and sprayed flies at Altair. He sputtered reflexively, even though he knew the flies would pass right through him. "Well. now i know what type i am. And what luck, i'm a Life Mage. That will certainly come in handy." Although Altair already had a hunch of what type he was, it was nice to have some positive reinforcement.

Altair continued down the path to the pyramid and finally found his way back to the door. He walked up the now well lit path, all the way back up to the top room. But instead of a lone Amethyst, he instead found a council of the King and four Mages. Altair was about to hide around the corner, when once again he realized that he didn't need to. He walked around to the side of the room and listened in on their conversation. At first, he had no idea what they were talking about, but after listening for a moment or two, he figured out that they were having some kind of struggle with energy. They had apparently been talking about this for some time, and tensions were coming to a peak. Altair had never been a fly on the wall for something of this magnitude before, so he listened as best he could to their conversation.

A man who appeared to be the King spoke first. "We can't sustain this kind of power for so long. Our defenses will fail us, and it could wipe us out. We must shut down the power." A mage in yellow stood up then, yelling, "No. If we shut down the power, the whole city will fail. We won't be able to recover from that kind of situation." Another mage, this time in blue yelled at the yellow mage saying, "Don't be a fool Barnabus! If we don't, you know what the repercussions will be! There will be no survivors. We must enact that plan." The king spoke again. "I agree. We should never have tried to tap into the power of the dead. It is forbidden for a reason, and now we are reaping what we have sown. Ezekiel, i am entrusting the ritual spell to you. You may begin when ready." A purple mage sitting in the corner of the room, and unspeaking, nodded. He, with the other mages gathered there, then began to chant in complete silence. Black Rukh began to gather in huge swarms, mixing with the purple energy that was coalescing into a solid substance that Altair recognized as the crystal from earlier. Then, all at once, everything started shaking. The earth roiled, and the pyramid shook. Altair saw something horrifying then. Souls, screaming in agony began to stream into the pool of energy, in numbers uncountable. They tried to resist, but there was nothing they could do. Their screaming faces spiraled into the purple void, where they were never seen again. The mages seemed surprised at this development, and the blue mage yelled, "What is happening!? this isn't supposed to happen!" The king himself began to scream, as his soul was sucked out of his body, and flung into the void. His body decomposed instantly, leaving a pile of sand on the floor. Then, each and every one of the mages succumbed, with Ezekiel, the original caster succumbing last. the crystal lowered to the pedestal below it, and came to a rest on top of it. The Rukh disappeared to Altair's eyes. Suddenly, Altair was thrown backwards into the same stream of memories that brought him there originally. It lasted only a moment, but soon, he was back in the room where he and Yakuroro had found the crystal. But this time, Altair held a perfectly round piece of it in his hand. Feeling dizzy, Altair retched, fell to the side, and passed out. His hand was tightly gripping the orb. He had no idea that Yakuroro, his friend, had disappeared along with his son down the hole next to him.

~2000/2000~

Altair Loros' Vault

18A Friend Indeed Empty Re: A Friend Indeed on 15/07/14, 11:58 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
There was not enough time for Yakuroro to use his magic carpet to break the fall being the Imuchakk and Akatetsu both crashed into a cold dusty stone floor. Yakuroro coughed as the fall knocked the wind out of him causing him to gasp for a mouthful of dust laden air. Akatetsu growled softly to let Yakuroro know that he was alright but hearing the low groan only made the adoptive father worried. "You okay Tetsu? You aren't heart are you?" The chimera gave a slightly more energetic response to clear the message but Yakuroro still fumbled for Akatestu in the darkness reaching his hands across the dirty floor to probe for the young beast. The giant's hand touched cold bone and for a moment Yakuroro froze thinking he'd found a skeleton instead of Akatetsu. But the movements and happier "Gyao!" told him that he'd found the little guy.

There was no time for a reunion however as the walls began to shift in the darkness and a stone ceiling moved to cover up the hole they'd fallen through. "We need to move...Lets go Tetsu!" The Imuchakk began by mounting his flying carpet to try and beat the ceiling that was quickly closing off the way they had come from but to no avail. The stone settled into place with a loud crash. It didn't seem like there was any safe way to go as more walls were closing but in the midst of his panic Yaku noticed the faint sight of yellow rukh. "4th type...?" The Imuchakk magician curiously turned to pursue the rukh following it down a hall. The wall ahead of him was closing though and even with his carpet he would not likely make it in time. So the Imuchakk made a desperate effort and kissed the remains of his Unicorn Horn Staff before throwing it ahead of himself.

A stroke of good luck caused the staff to be caught between the closing wall and the side of the hall it was moving towards. The opening was just big enough for the carpet and passengers to slip though only seconds before the tip of the staff was crushed into bony splinters. But there was no time to look back, more walls were closing and Yakuroro had to will the carpet to weave and out between them chasing after the yellow rukh. It eventually led him into a chamber with sunlight pouring in from above. Somehow this room was connected to the surface and the reason why had become evident. There, in the middle of the room was a large staff impaled into the ground. The sand nearby had been turned to a thin layer of glass and it looked as though the same process had occurred as the object burrowed its way down here from the surface. The Imuchakk stopped his carpet in front of this staff awed by its craftsmanship despite the walls that were closing all around the room as it began to fill with sand.

"This should help us out of here..." Yakuroro said in a confident tone to let Akatetsu know that they would be fine now. The Blue magician took the staff in hand and felt the yellow rukh begin speaking to him but now was not the time to be learning spells. Yaku pushed the voices to the back of his mind and called out commands he knew very well. "Deep Blue!" As Yakuroro fed his magoi into the staff it converted into blue rukh and water gathered from the atmosphere as Yakuroro willed it upwards into the small skylight the staff had created. Once the hole was filled with water Yakuroro cast his second spell, "Bubble burts! Hold on tight Tetsu!" The magoi at Yaku's staff surged upwards into the water and created a giant cavitation bubble in the hole.

The resulting explosion sent sand and water raining downwards into the chamber but it also blew the hole wide open so it was wide enough for the carpet to fit through. Yakuroro willed the flying tool upwards against the weight of the desert and all the water until he finally erupted from the ground at high speeds carrying a stream of sandy water with him. It almost looked like a miraculous geyser had just sprouted amidst the dunes.

Not knowing what happened to Altair, Yakuroro decided to wait outside the ruins above ground for a few days. It would be at least two before the Shepherd ever emerged again suggesting that the magic they'd witnessed somehow affected the flow of time as well. Since Yakuroro would not be aware of that until Altair showed up and told him of what happened, the Imuchakk spent the rest of his time trying to recall the grand magic formula's he'd witnessed in the gem's chamber while also practicing with his new staff.

~2000+/2000~
Magoi/Stamina: 190/250
Spoiler:
Name: Flood Domain
Cost: 30 Magoi; 20 sustained
Element: Water
Class: Supplementary
Range: 30m
Duration: 3 Posts
Cool-Down: 5 Posts
Description: The caster uses water magic to produce a large 15m sphere of water around them. This sphere can be moved within a 30m radius of the user at a speed of 20m/s. In order to move this massive sphere of water, the caster must be standing still. However if they are happy with it's location they are free to move around in the water at will. Inside this sphere of water the currents are constantly spinning and churning which toss around anyone unable to move faster than 5m/s under water. Non-Imuchakk caught in the spell can only hold their breath for two posts before blacking out and will drown if they are still in the water for a full third post. B-tier abilities and higher can be used to break free from the currents and displace enough water to take a breath, however so long as the caster has their staff and is sustaining magoi, the water sphere will fully reform in 1 post. Heat Magic Spells must be A-tier to evaporate enough water to break free where as lightning magic used on this ability will hit anyone inside the water.

Name: Bubble Burst
Cost: 30
Element: Cavitation Magic | Water + Sound
Range: 15m
Duration: Instant
Cool-Down: 5 posts
Description: The user commands sound rukh to create a sudden increase in force and pressure by creating a powerful sonic boom. This forces the phenomenon of cavitation bubbles to occur on a large scale. The result is an under water bubble that produces an incredible amount of heat and force upon bursting. Anything caught in the range of the bubble will suffer B-tier second degree burns; however lingering burning does not occur as with normal fire damage of the same tier. In addition to the burns, the shockwave produced can break bones and cause deafness to those in its effective range which is 15m moving at a speed of 20m/s. Being hit with this shockwave can send a full grown human back several meters.

19A Friend Indeed Empty Re: A Friend Indeed on 16/07/14, 01:46 pm

Altair Loros

Altair Loros
A-Tier
A-Tier
Altair was in a forest. It was lush and full of life, the colors of the forest were in full bloom in the flowers and trees. Altair slowly got up. "Where am I?" he thought to himself. He looked around to find something of an exit, but to no avail. So, instead, he sat down to think. He didn't have long to wait. One after another, beasts came from the jungle unlike any he had seen before. They were amalgamations of other animals, from tigers to crocodiles, from sheep to birds of prey, they flooded out from the jungle. Altair was worried that the creatures might harm him, but instead they came close to him and nuzzled up to him. This was certainly strange for Altair, as he had no idea what or who the creatures were. Suddenly a pang shot through his leg. He looked to see it bubbling and frothing from the inside, causing Altair to gag. The Crocodile-like creature merely growled at it, and the pain instantly stopped. Altair had certainly never seen powers like this before. Or had he? He began to remember. Yakuroro had been explaining something to him. Something about the color purple. Something... Something... LIfe Magic! At the moment the thought struck him, the beasts exploded into purple light and Rukh, surrounding Altair and giving him butterfly kisses with their wings. Then something amazing happened. They spoke to him. Words of power, commands that the Rukh could follow flooded his mind, and turned into a simple spell. Altair hesitated, fearing what could happen if he messed up. But the Rukh wouldn't let him be discouraged. They urged him on until finally Altair spoke, "Heal." immediately the bubbling in his leg stopped, to be covered by a purple sigil. The seal barely did anything but stop the pain, but that was enough. Altair had just learned his first spell. The sigil remained for a few moments, allowing Altair to study it. Altair wondered what would happen if he repeated the same spell phrases over again so that they overlap. He tried again, but this time the Rukh didn't respond. it seems he was missing something. Altair thought for a moment before bonking himself on the head. "Of course. I need a staff!" Altair picked up his shepherds staff and concentrated. But once again, the Rukh didn't respond. Altair looked to his shepherds staff, and then to the broken piece of Yakuroro's old staff. He also felt the unfamiliar weight of the crystal orb in his hand. He wondered... Maybe he could use the ambient magic of the area to fuse all three together? No, that was crazy talk, even for magic. But even as he thought that, the Rukh responded to his call, and the broken staff and his shepherds staff began to meld. The bead in his hand flew towards the top of his staff, and stuck there. A purple star atop his tree of life staff. After a moment, the objects were fused, and Altair picked up his new staff in awe. He then turned, and immediately pointed it at his leg and muttered the phrases he had tried earlier. The same sigil then appeared four times overlapping over his ankle, and the wound closed with naught but a tickling sensation.

Altair woke with a start. Surely there was more to that then just a dream. He looked to his shepherds staff to see that it indeed had fused with the broken staff and the bead. Altair picked it up in awe and marveled at its simplistic beauty. But he didn't have long to stare. The pyramid began to shake, prompting Altair to get the hell out of there. He ran for the exit on his newly healed leg, jumping for joy at his good fortune. Along the way, Altair's mind began to race, thinking of all the new spells he could create. He was running for the white obelisk when he realized that the sloped stairs would never allow him to get back to the surface. So, betting on a hunch, he made a turn for the black obelisk. Altair arrived at the door, and was shocked to see that the inside was entirely bare. No stairs, no nothing but a sheer ceiling a hundred feet above. But with the sand collapsing behind him, Altair had no other alternatives. He stepped into the black obelisk and waited. Finally, frustrated, he slammed his staff into the ground cursing under his breath. But the staff seemed to have activated some old magic in the obelisk because suddenly there was a huge blast of wind from below, and Altair flew up into the obelisk.

Farther and farther up he flew, until he finally breached the top of the obelisk and rocketed into the sky. The sun was shining, the birds were singing and Yakuroro was practicing with his new staff about to be struck by a flying Altair. Wait. Crap.

Tech Training: Four-Fold Sigil of Healing ~828/500~

Altair Loros' Vault

20A Friend Indeed Empty Re: A Friend Indeed on 16/07/14, 03:31 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier
When Altair finally emerged from the sands in a burst of wind and sand Yakuroro was busy training with his new medium for magic. The Imuchakk had spent the last night listening carefully to the yellow rukh it produced, intent on learning their secrets. It was much more difficult than learning commands from blue or green rukh due to Yakuroro's poor compatibility with lightning magic. But just as the Shepherd reached the surface the Blue magician succeeded in learning the name of the powerful magic tool. "Staff of Storms!" Yakuroro shouted as he rose the staff high in the air completely oblivious of the human on a collision course with him.

All the Imuchakk could see and hear was the splendorous wonder of the yellow rukh moving into action in response to his command only to be joined by white rukh as wind and lightning magic danced together. A wild and massive orb of wind would begin to whirl around Yakuroro only to be filled with powerful lightning. While the Imuchakk was safe from harm at the eye of the storm everything else nearby from sand to the air borne human would be sucked into the spell and shocked violently. When the ability finally subsided Yakuroro would find Altair landing in front of him covered in 2nd degree burns comically burnt to a crispy black texture with frizzy hair thanks the the electric shock.

"Altair!" The Imuchakk rushed over to his fellow adventurer but not to see if he was ok. Instead, Yaku lifted him to his feet forcefully and began shaking him as he asked where Altair had been and explained that several days had passed since they were separated.

Magoi: 150/250
Spoiler:

A Friend Indeed FFX_Seymour_Staff
Name: Staff of Storms
Tier: A
Tier: A
Type: Advance Staff
Magic Type: Storm | Lightning + Wind
Appearance: A gray staff will small bits purple of electricity running through it.
Function:

• The user can register 2 Storm-Abilities linked to the staff, A-Tier and below.
  • Can be used by intellect specs to become a medium for
    their other magics.
  • By paying 40 magoi the wielder can cause a massive amount of wind to build up in a 10 meter radius around them leaving an eye of the storm at the center that is 1 meter wide. A tornado will form that will have bits of electricity running through it causing all those in it to receive B tier lightning damage across their body resulting in several 2nd degree burns and their speed cut in half for the next 2 post. The wind will sweep anything that is below 500 pounds off their feet and thrown 15 meters back once the attack is done. Will last for 1 post and has a cool down of 5 post.  

*This does not take up any of your item/weapon slots

21A Friend Indeed Empty Re: A Friend Indeed on 16/07/14, 03:48 pm

Altair Loros

Altair Loros
A-Tier
A-Tier
Altair hit the dirt like a missile. sand exploded out around him, even as the lightning storm turned it to shards of glass. without even a moment to recover from his landing, Altair was quickly picked up and shook like a ragdoll, bombarded with questions about where he had been the past few days. Altair let out a cough of black smoke in response, and then promptly fainted, much to the chagrin of the blue mage.

He awakened later on the magic carpet, as it flew away from the ruined city and the white pyramid. Altair got up slowly, grabbing his staff to cast his newly acquired healing spell on himself. "Four-Fold Sigil of Healing." he said, as purple light washed over him. It took only a few moments, but Altair was healed of some of his worse injuries. He saw Yakuroro guiding the carpet, and sat down next to him. Without missing a beat, he was bombarded with more questions about where he had been, and what he had seen. Altair began to explain in the best detail he knew how to the Blue Magician. He told him about what happened when he touched the stone, and the city of memories. He told him of the council of elders and the king that eventually led to the destruction of the city. He told him of the dark power that used to power it. And Finally he told him of his dream and the way the Rukh spoke to him. It was all very new to Altair, this whole Magic thing. Before today, he would never have dreamed he would be able to do the things he did. And certainly, had never seen himself casting a spell. Altair laid back on the carpet then. "All in all, not a bad adventure, wouldn't you say Yakuroro?" Altair smiled and looked up at the night sky. The stars were big and beautiful out here, away from the lights of the big city. Altair allowed himself to enjoy it for a moment before saying, "You know Yaku, after this escapade of ours, we might not see each other for a while. I'm heading to that dungeon. I need the power it contains to reach my goal. But Yakuroro, promise me something. Promise me you will be there when i get out, ok?" The shepherd was so exhausted at this point, that even before he had given Yakuroro a chance to answer, he had fallen asleep.

Altair Loros' Vault

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum