Toh Tobinaga

Toh Tobinaga
C-Tier
C-Tier

No traits for Naga yet and I have four points so I am making these two traits

Trait Name: Talisman Writing
Trait Tier: C-tier
Trait Requirement: Have Knowledge creating talismans
Trait Description: Through extending their knowledge of how to make and use talismans as tools of magic the user has also learned how to use them for spells of their own through the forms of writing to inscribe their spells quickly into objects.
Trait Effect: This user can write markings of their spells on ofuda or other objects to cast the spells through them. Only one spell can be inscribed per writing. This can be done with ink, or any kinda of writing.

This second trait is even more experimental so feel free to correct me on it

Trait Name: Shikigami
Trait Tier: C-tier
Trait Requirement: Practice with Magic, Magic constructs
Trait Description: This user has practiced enough with constructing spells to make them more useful on their own, to make their magic more diverse.
Trait Effect: This user can for the cost of 10 magoi to create a C-tier construct in the shape of wolf made from the paper of their talisman. The wolf carries within it the spells of the talismans that make it up with a max of 2 at the current tier.

Last edited by Toh Tobinaga on 07/01/23, 08:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Onmyōdō Skills Empty Re: Onmyōdō Skills 07/01/23, 06:44 pm

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Ofuda Mastery:
-Since the trait this is based on has limited talisman slots which are also consumables, it seems unfair to suddenly allow 10 free ones you don't need to purchase and will replenish every thread.
-I dunno if you plan to make the character a ranger secondary but you'd probably need that to justify getting their ammunition
-My suggestion for this one is to rework it into being able to transcribe the markings required for any spell you want to cast into an object. Maybe have something to write with/on as part of the requirements and register a mundane ink brush. Then if you want to buy a stack of blank papers...The only downside is that you'd need the time to inscribe them in the midst of battle. May need nimble fingers to cut down on how much of an impact it'll have. If you do go this route then please include a limit of one spell inscribed per object.

Shikigami:
-The basic premise of what this allows you to do is something you're kind of already allowed to do. Nothing restricts you from making construct spells and spells to be cast with/on existing constructs.
-My recommendation is to change this trait to focus more on one or more shikigami specifically which have some special property depending on which magic type you put in them.
-I also highly recommend having your shikigami be made of paper so you can combo them with the above trait and send shikigami out that have one or more spell inscribed talismans comprising their bodies. So maybe instead of a lightning wolf, you make a wolf shikigami out of paper talismans using lightning magic so its got a lightning cloak and then as it attacks you activate a spell talisman in its paw to create a burst of water spreading the lightning damage into an AoE and doing knockback.

3Onmyōdō Skills Empty Re: Onmyōdō Skills 07/01/23, 08:56 pm

Toh Tobinaga

Toh Tobinaga
C-Tier
C-Tier

Changed Ofuda writing name and made appropriate edits

4Onmyōdō Skills Empty Re: Onmyōdō Skills 07/01/23, 09:56 pm

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

1/2 approved