Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Old Trait:

Trait Name: Sugar and Spice

Trait Tier: A Tier

Trait Description: The character has an extensive knowledge of medicinal plants and their side-effects, knowing that their scents can induce negative effects when affecting olfactory functions. As such, they have learned to change the properties of their personal scent, or musk, by the constant ingestion of specific plants. Their musk includes a psychoactive component that creates a hypnotic effect increasing awareness of scents, thus making their own artificial ones induce more powerful effects when mingled with their musk. They have also become resistant to these effects after rigorous testing and ingestion of the ingredients.

Trait Effect: The character has a unique musk that radiates two metres around herself. In social situations, this musk creates a hypnotic effect on targets within its range, making them more susceptible to the character’s requests. In combat situations, it acts as a one post disorientation. If she uses a scent she has crafted on herself, this musk combines and assimilates the effects into her own musk, granting an additional B Tier effect (determined upon scent creation) in place of the disorientation effect. If she uses an attack or ability with a weapon in contact with her body (or her body itself), the musk (and scent if used) will travel an additional distance. She is immune to the effects of her musk and any scents combined into it.

Last edited by Zuzu Mansur on 18/05/22, 06:05 pm; edited 3 times in total

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

-Since this is a perfume, it should probably be an item and not a trait. The source of the poison is external after all and not actually an innate trait of the character herself. To make it more trait-like if you don't want to go down the item route, it should be something more like part of her natural musk as a side effect of ingesting special plants that have toxins which build up in the sweat glands.

-Immunity to the poisons would have to be a separate trait. Alternatively, you could use a mundane item mask for filtering the poison if it goes down the item route.

-Could you give an example of how an ability for this might be performed if it stays as a trait? As an item it makes sense, but as a passive trait it is a bit less obvious to me how you would perform abilities with it since you lack body manipulation as a class.

-Assuming the aspect of making abilities for it passes muster, a range on how far the above mentioned spread is.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

I have altered the trait according to Di's instructions. I believe this better fits a trait, utilising the fact that Zubaidah will buy and create scents as mundane items to use in conjunction with the trait.

As for the scent travelling an additional distance, I think that is best for staff to decide, but I would suggest two metres from the endpoint of an attack (unless specified in an ability).

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

1/2 Approved

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

2/2