You are not connected. Please login or register

The Tales of a Traveler in a New Night [Private/NoM/Plot/Omega]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Zubidiah had found herself presented with the information of her lifetime. It had been given by a man that would be her patron and party for this journey. He was a Reiman apart of the archaeological society. a newer member who through his research had found a way to the lands of the Torran. He hadn't given her the exact specifics, just an invitation with the seal of his family which was a scorpion. It had informed her for their journey to start they would need to meet at a port on the ivory coast of Heliohapt, there he would wait at the dock of their departure.

The young scholar would see upon arrival how the limestone and marble docks seemed to match the white sands. There weren't many boats but that was because sunset wasn't a good time to generally head out to sea. There were a few great vessels. Plenty of them were merchant ships, modified skirmishers, and so forth. Zub's ride would be that of a small personal ship at the far end of the dock.

It had a triangle sail that was deep blue, cobalt with Prussian streaks in the pattern of an octopus sprawling out. The ship had staggering azure stair-like designs reminisce to Reim's Graeco region. The trim had traced along with the oak frame which was lacquered and freshly refurbished. It was a fine ship that caught the light's smile perfectly.

It wasn't the best ship, but it would be more than enough for them to get the job done. As she approached, she would notice there were two figures on the boat. One was that of a strong man, barely clothed but with hair of crumbled soil on his head, thick and rich in darkness. The powerful figure stood behind the wheel but was dressed as if he was a gladiator. He was also the first to notice that they had a visitor arrive.

The Tales of a Traveler in a New Night [Private/NoM/Plot/Omega] Cestvs-kv

He would look down on her, snark stuck to his brow like he smelled something awful. The man holding the wheel would say "Well, it looks like our scholar has arrived, you think she's just here to talk or she'll actually join this journey."

There was definitely some attitude in the way the man had spoken, but the person before him seemed to be much smaller, yet they were dressed in the armor of a Reiman officer. The figure was feminine with soft curls of muddied sand. They had a face that seemed too kind, matching their grace they moved forward towards Zub.

"Well, we're glad that you could make it" they would say in a surprisingly masculine tone.

The Tales of a Traveler in a New Night [Private/NoM/Plot/Omega] U433niwjhzz21

"I'm guessing my letter arrived safely, welcome to our ship the Wise Wayfairer, this is our captain Brutus. I mustn't forget my manors as well, I know we've both alike been looking to recapture what was discovered on that magical island long ago" the man would say offering a proper bow.

"I am Commodus Scorpio Maximus, heir of the Scorpio family and an aspiring scholar. I wear my father's armor but I do not lie I have not served. While I know my way around a blade I wear this in his honor, and in order to protect myself" the man's words followed a shy tone. Snapping forth he would offer a hand to Zub.

Commodus was honest in his approach, it was now up to Zub to connect how she would. It would be obvious they had put most below deck. By the size of the ship, she would be able to tell that a room would probably be ready for her down below.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR

She had studied Alma Torran for the last decade. She had delved into Dungeons for information from their Djinni, useful and not as they had proven. She had scoured the stories and accounts of her Tales, connecting with characters from a long-forgotten world. But now she had been given the chance to turn those memories into something more real and concrete.

Zubaidah had the chance to visit Alma Torran itself.

Well, those were some of the thoughts running through Zubaidah’s head head as Sirrush bore her towards their destination. But if she was being honest, even though she was more than excited, Zubaiah was also doubtful that her patron could grant access to Alma Torran. After all, since the magic of Dungeons was required to travel between their two worlds, how could some scholar have found a method to bypass such complex measures? She might have expected such a measure from a magician, but not from a man of the books!

But in spite of her doubts, Zubaidah could not drive that excitement from her heart.

-----

Once she arrived at the docks on Sirrush’s back, Zubaidah watched the Sun smile upon the dark-blue sails of the Wayfairer. The sunlight drew her attention towards the octopus that matched her own breastplate, rousing thoughts about their connection or lack thereof. Of course, Zubaidah was not accustomed to wearing armour, but she had thought to make an impression upon her Reiman companions. They had their fetish for blood and battle, if her experiences were anything concrete, and Zubaidah was a proud master of Parthevian battle-arts - or an expert at least.

She wanted them to understand that she was not just some scholar or entertainer, but a warrior in her own right.

And then that Arena strongman went and fouled her attitude. ‘These weapons are not for show, dear.’ She smiled back at his distinct lack of cheer, a thin one which made his own bad attitude more evident in turn, ’And believe me, I know how to put on a show!’

As she heard the pretty one speak, however, Zubaidah was calmed slightly, ‘I must apologise for my tardiness.’ She looked them up and down, her smile broadening with mischief in mind, ‘I had to get myself ready.’

She was admiring that snack, starved of action as Zubaidah was, when Scorpio introduced himself. She had been subtle in admiring the pretty one, but Scorpio reminded her that this trip was meant for business and not pleasure. Perhaps she would have time to pursue that line of enquiry later? Nay, she had no time for such thoughts!

‘I must thank you for your invitation, sir.’ As she refocused her attention onto Scorpio, Zubaidah pushed aside any thoughts unrelated to Torran. ‘I am most grateful that you chose me for this expedition. Indeed, while I share all your zeal for Alma Torran’s secrets, I must ask why you did choose me above any of your colleagues in the Society.’
mag/340 | word/496 | stam/390

Magic Items:

Magic Weapons:

Octopus Regalia:

Backpack:

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"It's simple" Commodus would say, continuing while looking at Zub with a soft gaze peppered with impish playfulness. "When it comes to most members of the society they were selfish in their research, many will sell or use what they make to feed into war machines. Those who have a distaste for such efforts have bones turned near to dust and are too afraid to venture out into the word. From what tales I have heard of the shrouded isles I knew it would be best to keep powerful weapons out of the hands of scared men."

The waters may have been touched by the warm sea breeze but the man's tone set a sense of coolness about. He raised his right hand towards Brutus while he continued his conversation with Zubidiah.

"Aye Sir, I'll begin to raise the sale and get us moved out to sea, feel free to stay up here or head down below. Weather says tonight will be rather fair" Brutus would say to them, leaving to focus on their departure.

"Well" he would charmingly say "We can go to our quarters, or mine if you wish. But I feel it's nice to enjoy our night out here. Have you ever gazed at the stars while out at sea? For those who haven't, I'd say they are missing out on something splendid. I could grab us some refreshments, it's hard to keep food in a superb condition, so that's why we should enjoy the good stuff now. So what do you say, my new friend?"

Commodus was quick with the friendly tone, Zub would hear whispers. Not the false songs that normally plagued her ears but the sounds of feeling, of a past stained with more myriad than a church window. There was plenty of emotion coming from the stuff Commodus carried but Zubidiah would not hear the memories unless she breached trust and touched this shield and spear that graced the boat's edge.

The Reiman actually pulled the items closer, as he would lay a canvas over two boxes to make a makeshift bench for them to sit on.

Code:
[center][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/937112284403212389/962126150967132190/IMG_5260.jpg?width=512&height=559[/img][/center]
[b]Name:[/b] Sun Slicers Claws
[b]Tier:[/b] A-tier
[b]Type:[/b] Magic Tool Accessories
[b]Magic Type:[/b] Coronal Magic [Strength + Heat + Lightning]
[b]Appearance:[/b] Taking the form of gloves and boots in the shape of razor sharp feline claws. While these long silver blades are 48 cm long on the hands and 35cm on the feet. They are for ornamentation but they carry the magic symbols on the palms. (The items share one durability)
[b]Function:[/b]
[list][*]Sol Tigre- For 10 magoi to activate and 5 magoi to sustain the user projects .5m long claws which deal A-tier damage in the form of burning slashes, this lasts for 4 posts.  If sustained while the function is active the length increases by .5m.
[/list]

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR

Zubaidah had sworn from fun and flirting, but it seemed that Commodus had not. ‘I think we should stay outside then.’ If she was being honest, it was hard for her not to make some innuendo or other towards him. ‘We should enjoy the outdoors as much as our youth can afford us the opportunity.’ She drew closer to him, welcoming the bench Commodus had made. ‘If we do not, perhaps we will become like those old men who disapprove of your efforts, hey?’

As she listened, however, Zubaidah could hear the rukh murmur over his words. She maintained her attention as much as she could, but Commodus’ voice was fading beneath their murmurs. She found it hard enough to stay her tongue from flirtations, even if that was more joking than not. But it was even harder to resist the rukh. She was attracted to them more than anything else.

But she did resist.

She loved knowledge for sure, but Zubaidah would not intrude on someone’s memories for her own satisfaction. She had resonated with Angelus and Jahangir, but it had been a mistake and not something intentional. If she was honest, what knowledge she had gained from their memories had soured her relationship with them both. She could not afford that with Commodus.

‘Let us feast then!’ She dismissed the murmurs within her head, turning her back towards Commodus’ equipment. ‘What should we drink first?’ She would not make any more mistakes, as she had with Angelus and Jahangir. If she wanted that knowledge, she would gain it on her own terms.
340/340 | word/null | 390/390

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"Oh Im so glad you ask! I have quite the selection, I have wine from Ibania, Lucania, Balbadd and Kou, Mead from Immuchak, and beer from Deumania, Kou, the borders of magno, old parth and even Meridia. I hope to be out of stock by our journeys end!" Commodore joked, opening a crate but with a mear fraction of his debaucherous nectar.

His face was proud, he didn't need the intoxicating sip to get by, but it sure did make the day ecstatic. The words Zubidiah said did resonate with him. From a small quiver into a quick smirk the Reiman would say "I agree, we need to live this youth. Duty is important, but without due hope how can we ever combat the rising tide of corruption. I am not so sodden with naivety the vehemence guides my hand, yet, a heart still with contempt and precausion only steadies so much of the storm."

While tension lingered in his tone for but a moment Commodus would reach for his drink of choice. He fetched a bottle of Ibanian spiced wine, generally it was good for colder months her the warmth was a welcomed comfort. Even with the coddling sun, the tranquil saline breeze it was something he long for.

Despite these longings for the ocean, it was better that Brutus was the captain. The young man still lived brazenly, even if he saw the value in neither side failing. Brutus was that cynicism, be was the stalwart shield that stopped benign ignorance and obvious threat. He was a friend, a watch guard, and surprisingly involved. The rough man barked at Zub. "I hope you can keep up, once the boat is good to sail on its own im coming down with food. Supper is to be shared, so your ass better have some stories if you wanna dig in."

His rough cadence seem to contrast his care, it was hypocritical enough to make Commodus chuckle. A faint fae laugh would belt out as the young man grew cherry in skin and tone. The playfulness he carried, the demeanor he had seemed to be as flippant as the sun. Not in a bad, or chaotic way, passion seemed to come from his every pore. Zub would surely hear a barrage of various tones from him. The symphony his heart sang was strange.

Thankfully for her, the stars were his favorite time to talk. Fate had a funny way of showing its' face in the night sky.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR
‘What a wonderful selection!’ Zubaidah rummaged around the now-open crate, eying up the mauve and mahogany bottles. ‘I will certainly not be lacking in choice.’ As she perused the collection of vibrant alcohols, one in particular caught her eye. ‘What do you think?’ She drew out a sweet high-alcohol wine from the rest, coddling it like some delicate treasure. ‘Does this befit our honey-sweet youth?’

Removing the cork with her own bottle-opener, for she never left home without one, Zubaidah poured a glass for herself and watched Commodus pour his own, ‘An interesting choice for yourself, eh?’ As they drank their fill, she heard Brutus loud and clear, drink sloshing with the rocking waves, ‘What would you choose to drink with one of my stories?’ She raised her glass towards the well-built man, staring at him through the amber liquid, ‘Because I have a wide selection of stories to tell…’

She saw stars on the other side.

‘...but it’s your choice where I start.’
340/340 | word/null | 390/390

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Commodus would enjoy the ravings of Zubidiah. A passion resided in her heart befitting of someone who was imbibing in a bit too much wine. It was easy to down such sick drinks when they were drowned with more sugars than juice. From what he knew, it was also a good way to hide the taste of spoilage if your drink was a bit too fermented. Still, aside it would be a fine night to enjoy. Roasting smells carried on salted waves, fresh herbs of thyme, the scent of fresh citrus. As the Reiman cracked a cask of blackberry wine the tart, but the unique sweetness of it was a good contrast to the hearty flavors that carried a hint of what Brutus was making for dinner.

"You have a good choice, I have a few favorites. This is one of my favorites, I find it hard to stick to one bottle. Though, I doubt any of the ones we have in our hands will be the time the sun comes to rise. I hope you have a good memory, a stargazing meal out at sea is something you'll never want to forget." Almost like the dinner bell itself, his voice heralded in Brutus. On each of his tree-like arms, three large platters would rest. He was more kind than his disposition showed, betrayed by the lavish spread he had cooked up. On his right arm, there was garum roasted lamb with apple, honey-smeared greens grilled with wild onions, carrots as well, and an array of roasted fish and clams. On the left, there was a spread of pinwheel bread with two separate bowls of soup it seemed. One was yellow, a cream of some kind with peppers and eel. The second soup was red, made of imported peppers from the dark continent, and chopped pieces of chicken were in it as well.

"I hope you brought your appetites, or I'm gonna keep you up all night eating," Brutus responded, setting out the spread before them both. Commodus perked up with a quick reply. "Come on I would never let anything you made go to waste. This looks absolutely lovely, I'm sure our travel partner agrees. She'd have to be a fool not to. Now dig in, dig in before I get to the lamb it's my favorite!" He wasn't lying either, he was rather quick to start grabbing pieces. Brutus would wait to eat, he snacked enough trying most of the food. Plus he wanted to see what Zubidiah wanted to have, what she would say.

Grabbing a large flagon of what seemed to be mead he would knock the drink back. After one big gulp, he looked right at Zubidiah. "Well, why don't you share the story of what set you along this path. An origin story if you wish to say, I and Commodus aren't the most likely pair so fate had its own reason for leading us here." He radiated joy, despite the gruffness he put off. It was the truth, his life had been a wild one but he enjoyed it.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

What a spread you have made! I must say, I am famished after weeks of rations and makeshift meals. After all, a life of travel and adventure does not lend itself to good food!'

She dove first into the roasted fish, seafood a favourite of hers from childhood, before tasting the yellow-coloured soup with great delight. How she had missed the taste of eel!

A story would suit such a spread for sure, and an origin even more. Indeed, I think that stories and meals are the best pairing, except maybe this wine with your fish. But I digress! Let me entertain you with my story, for that is the least I can do to repay you for such good food.'

With one last bite, she put down her plate and took up her glass, ready for a performance.

I have been a curious one since childhood, you see, but there was one lesson that I learnt back then which has remained most important: that the more you know, the more you can understand. It was a mantra about which my mother and father ensured I was well aware. I took it to heart, as children do, and studied hard even as the scenery changed around me.

She gazed skywards, looking towards the white stars above, before she continued.

I lost my parents and then my household, my second family as well, almost everything. But even as I lost them all, my studies stayed the same. It was a comfort, you know? I thought that, if I could understand more once I knew more, maybe I might understand why I kept losing things...

She took one sip from her amber-coloured glass, paused, and then placed it far from reach.

I travelled the world, learning more from whatever people and cultures I came across, until I realised what my parents meant by their mantra. For when you know enough about someone, you can understand them even if you are in no ways similar.

She looked towards the others, as if explaining how the same applied on this very night, and took another sip from her drink - but less sheepish than before.

That was when I heard about Solomon. I realised soon after that I needed to know more about him. After all, if I knew enough about him, I could start to understand him as well. But more importantly, I could start to understand everyone no matter their background due to their connection with his rukh.

She stared into the sweet alcohol, and finished the rest, declining the offer for any more.

You might call me unusual or high-minded, thinking that to understand someone means much at all, but I have found that misunderstanding others, or not trying to understand them at all, has been the cause for much loss – and mine for certain. So that is why I am here, searching for any knowledge on Alma Torran, even if small and insignificant. For the more I know about that world, the more I can understand ours as well... and try to stop people from losing even more.

Realising that her audience was still quiet, she took another plateful of fish and soup, before making sure they knew that the performance was finished.

But enough about me! What about you two? I am keen to hear what spurred you towards the life of discovery!
mag: 340/340 | stam: 390/390

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Commodus would be the first to bring forth the history of his past, it wasn't exactly a complex one. Still, in a time like this, it was the intimate moments that hinted at the true motivations of a man. "I can think of a hundred different reasons why I'm here, but I think if I said anything other than my father I believe that would be a lie. My father the great Antonius Scorpio Lucainus, while he ruled in Lucania for a time and kept it safe he died during the first war with Kou. Despite his efforts, he loved seeing the world. He always said the greatest gift of his position, of his duty was getting to see the wider world." A somber tone lingered in his voice, the man was soft but great fire seemed to burn in his eyes.

"I found myself to agree, there are few times in which he took my places, one I can never forget is when I was taken to the ivory coast of Heliohapt. The sea there was gorgeous, the people smiling and the fruits had flavors more fragrant than I ever thought I could experience. Every day I enjoy an orange or a lemon, anything with that sharp sweetness  I think of him, whenever I find something new I think of him. I do these things to live on his memory, to find my own peace." He fiddled with his bottle and took another swig of the drink. "The archaeological society has provided all sorts of great info to find things we've never seen before. So, that would be one hell of a memory one that I could never forget."

A smile lingered on his face, while there was some sorrow behind it was clear that the ambition he held was pure. There were things he'd discovered, ventures he had helped fund. Years ago he had given a small amount of his money to some of the ships that had visited the shrouded isle. Now, he would get to see what legends held in this world beyond.

Brutus was a bit more complex, he had things to share, some of which he would and others he wouldn't. "I like to tag along, I was a soldier in his father's battalion and I learned loyalty. I learned what I could accomplish and do with the sake of a friend, without me surely someone would kill him as well." Brutus would say with a slight chuckle as he would pick up his next drink. They could enjoy the food, and keep sharing stories, but there was still a long night ahead of them.

You have one week to post, timer starts now

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

As she listened to Commodus, Zubaidah stared at her bracelet where the Mansur seal-stone now sat. She knew how bittersweet the past could be, having chased after the Parthevia she remembered for months and years now. She wore their history around her arm, using it as a comfort in times of stress, but it was also a constant reminder that the Mansur household was long gone.

It seems that we all still live in the past somewhat, hmm?’ She smiled softly, staring into the dusk-blue seas, ‘Do you think our reliance on the past ever restricts us from stepping into the future?’ She had travelled this dust-ridden path since she had first watched the moonlit skies by herself, ‘Of course, if we find answers there, then the past is well worth our diversion from the present…’ And ignored those travelling besides her, ‘But what if we don’t find them?

Is it worth focusing our attention away from everything happening right now?

Looking down at the softly-glowing circle where Marax resided, Zubaidah pondered whether she could ever live up to the standard of Solomon and his Djinn, but ultimately she gave up on wondering such abstract things, ‘Nevermind me, these are simply passing thoughts, nothing more!’ She reached for another glass of amber-coloured wine before stopping herself, taking a small sip of water instead, ‘I’m sure that this journey will answer all our questions, eh?’ It would soon be time that she found if this promise was the truth…

For the sake of a future where we can all understand each other, it must.

mag: 390/390 | word: 1521 | stam: 390/390

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

“While it is true that many people trap themselves in the midst of memories, I think that without our past, we would have no future. Sometimes when we don’t know how to climb a wall before us, we can use our present to uncover tools we overlooked when we were younger that can give us an answer. The restrictions in stepping forward are less about reliance and more about not looking forward.” Commodus then took a sip from his drink. Taking a deep a swig, allowing it to wash down the roasted food.

“Or maybe it's just having too much to drink,” Brutus would joke. Then both men would start laughing. It was often that these brothers in adventure shared these types of moments, it was a gift of something small before what was waiting for them at the end of this little ride. To take a deep breath, to admire the stars in the sky. The drinks had loosened lips and opened more chances to share but it wasn't long until it was going to bring sweet lullabies. It wouldn't be long until their party would turn into a snooze fest.

She could do as she pleased but Commodus would be the first to be asleep. He couldn't hold his liquor that well. Brutus would sit around, maybe chat with the lady but he would get droopy eyes too, his head slouching down as each word would become a little more slurred, and each smile got a little bit brighter. Still, it really was going to be their last moment of serenity.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

She was interested in Commodus’ response, but he simply confirmed much of what Zubaidah already believed. And so, after some small talk, and more than a few laughs, both he and Brutus would eventually fall asleep. Having decided on water over alcohol, however, Zubaidah would not join them in deep sleep, wandering towards the ship’s railings instead,

Do you think I could’ve stood by his side if I had been born in your time?’ As these words escaped her lips, like birds in the moonlit skies, Zubaidah held the Mansur bracelet towards the clouds. ‘Do you think I would have been clever enough, strong enough, wise enough to warrant it?’ And she heard Marax’s silence loud and clear, letting her sighs join the evening winds. ‘Am I even worthy enough to understand him?’ Feeling her smile become thinner and tighter, Zubaidah would stare at the cold moon for a moment longer, ‘Nevermind…

And then she would also join Brutus and Commodus in sleep.

mag: 390/390 | word: 871 | stam: 390/390

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

“While it is true that many people trap themselves in the midst of memories, I think that without our past, we would have no future. Sometimes when we don’t know how to climb a wall before us, we can use our present to uncover tools we overlooked when we were younger that can give us an answer. The restrictions in stepping forward are less about reliance and more about not looking forward.” Commodus then took a sip from his drink.

“Or maybe it's just having too much to drink,” Brutus would joke. Then both men would start laughing.

As the party continued, people started turning in as the night would not last forever. Soon a tough road would appear before the explorers. At sunrise, the trio would find the ship moored several nautical miles away from a barren beach. Pale white sand met gray ocean. Behind it was a towering wall of jagged unnatural mountains. Looking down, the dipping waves would reveal sharp stones which prevented the ship from reaching any closer. Though the color faded, the stones looked as if they were carefully sharpened recently. One wrong move would easily puncture even the hardest of battleships.

Finally, if anyone had access to since magoi, they would see reminisce of black ruhk fluttering across the ocean lost not only from the flow but even the very depravity that gave birth to them. Those of weak will who venture forth closer to the island would find their own insecurities eating at their will.

OOC: You have arrived. While your character is strong willed, you will have to fight your inner insecurities as an almost unnatural and unexplainable dread slowly eats away at your psyche.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

When the morning arrived, Zubaidah was there to watch the sunlight paint clouds golden-white. As she stared across the discoloured sands below, however, she found herself shivering. Even if the sun was shining high in the skies, she could not feel its warmth.

Are we all ready for the expedition?’ Guest she might be, Zubaidah knew when to take charge - and the Reimans seemed they would need it after their drink-filled night, ‘I have the provisions and gear all packed at the gangway, if you were wondering,’ Honestly she was wondering if they were sobre enough to follow - let alone lead - the way forwards, ‘Once you’ve double-checked their contents, why don’t we make a start, eh?

As she waited for them to get ready, Zubaidah would flick through the pages of Furcas’ journal, provisionally called the ‘Tales of Torran’. Well, she said ‘provisionally’, but it had been years since she had first received the journal. Having a look through the dog-eared pages, from which she had become so familiar with Furcas and Gusion, Zubaidah was reminded why she had set out on her journey to learn more about Alma Torran. Was it curiosity about the Tribes, sympathy for the Djinni’s plight or admiration for Solomon? She could never be sure, but Zubaidah guessed that it was some combination of all three reasons. No, it was mostly about learning more on Solomon, wasn’t it?

Did you never understand my lesson?’ As she continued reading, something like static crackled into earshot, ‘Even if you know all about Solomon,’ It was a familiar voice, one she had not heard in years, ‘You have gained nothing from that knowledge. But something about it echoed within her mind, cold and truthful, ‘His world fell. As the voice continued, it grew louder and louder, blocking all other noises, ‘As will yours.

Tisifun did. Heliopolis did. Remano did.

Each and every single one of them fell. You let them fall. And that was even without a world-ending threat. Yet you still let them fall. So what happens when there is a world-ending threat? What chance do you stand?

But say there was a chance, would even you be able to take it? Even if you understood my lesson, and realised that there was a chance to save your world, could you pay the price? Would you reach for salvation if it came at the cost of everything you hold dear?’ She could hear the voice loud and clear, as if it was coming from inside her own head, ‘Has your answer changed? Would you be able to take it now?

Shut it!’ As soon as she closed the journal, the voice faded into silence - but the static remained. ‘I don’t know…

mag: 390/390 | word: 871 | stam: 390/390

Background Notes:

Tales of Torran:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum