You are not connected. Please login or register

Do You Like The Occult? [Zion/Private/Social]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

In his tanned hand was to lay a particular book he had read much of lately. Its contents were that of the occult novel, the Ignis Fatuus, a book that had gained traction again recently from a study published by a young magician who had decided to try and replicate the phenomenon within the novel. How did Angelus come upon this study or this novel though you may ask?

Well, the man had met a rather peculiar magician recently, of a sort of pagan sect of magicians. However, they were merely magicians that partook within traditional pagan rituals, but they were shunned regardless for their faith. It was uncommon for Angelus to befriend bookworm magicians, or pagan ones at that, but the woman and he shared more than a few commonalities.

It was the end of the day, and the sun was coming to set upon the weary people of the capital, tired from their long days of work. In his light pastel red coat, he was to set out for the Coliseum where the last matches were taking place for today. Angelus lied his backside on the wall of the exit hallway of the famed Coliseum, waiting for him, the peculiar masked man. If word was right, he was a man known as Swordking, but was hated by the crowd by winning his matches with magic and deception.

Unsure whether or not the man was to take up this job, Angelus had his doubts, so was to tread carefully. Angelus sought out magicians, regardless of whether or not they were researchers. As the magician began to exit the Coliseum, that is where Angelus was to share an exchange of words with the researcher.

Angelus: "Pardon me, Swordking, but I notice your magic. I am unsure whether you know me or not, but my name is Angelus. You see, I am looking for magicians, particularly ones who are experienced, and have a knack for research. Am I right to believe you are well versed with magic and the like? Do you mind us having a chat? It could be over a meal. I will pay. Just tell me where you'd like to eat."

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Do You Like The Occult? [Zion/Private/Social] Vault111

Do You Like The Occult? [Zion/Private/Social] Gilgam11

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Another day of fighting had concluded with derision and disdain from the crowd yet again. Zion had just concluded a battle against a fellow magician this time around. But the fight had been settled within the depths of magically manifested overgrowth where none could view the action. Even if the crowd had been expecting a bout of spells and magic, they still wanted to see the damn fight take place. When Zion dragged the motionless unconscious body of his opponent out into the open he was met with a familiar uproar of booing and jeers. This development wasn't beyond the young magician's expectations and yet it still made him feel uncomfortable. "I just don't understand. Why do they hate me so much?" Shaking his head in dejection, Zion made his way off the battlegrounds and towards the reception area for gladiators to receive his prize money.

At first the young Magnostadtite had started coming to the coliseum seeking greatness spoken of by Caelus. Alas, he failed to understand the life of the warriors here. He failed to understand just what it was the crowds came here seeking. At this point it had almost become a job. Little more than a way to gather up some funds as most of his inherited fortune had been left behind back in Magnostadt. As the clerk handed over his winnings with a contemptuous gaze Zion wondered if it was time to move on and give up on this farce at playing gladiator. He stuffed the bag of coins into his Kou robes and sighed as he turned away from the desk to head home. It was hard for him to tell if greatness truly could be found here. But it was clear that greatness was not found in giving up halfway. Zion pushed his doubts aside and resolved continue for a while longer yet. It would not be too late to leave after a few more matches.

Zion left the dim innards of the coliseum and entered the orange hues of dusklight that still bathed the Remano cityscape. His mask was less a mask and more an exaggerated wrapping of excessive bandages. So it failed to fully hide the surprise on his face when a stranger approached. Another heckler come to chastise him for his poor performance perhaps? No, something else was on this unexpected visitor's mind. Zion looked the man up and down as he spoke with a discerning eye. He had the look of a soldier about him which did not match the scholarly vibe given off by the way he held a book so dearly to his chest. Sword-like eyes burned with determined passion and ambition. This man made Zion feel a slight intimidation just from his appearance alone.

"I apologize, but I'm not from around here. Can't say that I've heard of you. Please, forgive my ignorance."

The magician gave a slight bow along with his apology, but did not take his eyes off of Angelus as he did so. Zion's own blue eyes reflected a bit of his hesitation, but betrayed no fear as he held his gaze onto Angelus' own. "While I do enjoy researching magic, I am currently investigating a slightly more...ephemeral subject..." Zion prepared the reject the man on the grounds of being too busy, but it was just then that his stomach let out a rumbling growl. An awkward silence as Zion gave pause. Perhaps a free meal would be worth while.

"...I suppose it would be rude not to at least hear you out. Since I'm not familiar with the city yet, I'll have to entrust you to lead us somewhere decent. If possible, I'd like to try a local delicacy not easily found in other lands. Do you know of a good place?"

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

How may this masked.. man react to Angelus' proposal? It was yet to be seen. However, a chat with a meal to soothe over the stomach of a starving gladiator was perhaps one definite way to initiate conversation. Angelus' silent but brooding vibe was similar to that of a sable crow, perched over a branch, eyeing down prey. However, the soldier were to try and be more lax, so he did not scare the magician whom he sought to recruit. It would fair Angelus well to soften his gaze, and his stoic face, just a tad. Anyhow, the bandaged face spell caster were to claim he was not from this land. If so, then he was definitely foreign, but where from? Angelus could not help but ponder.

Angelus: "Hm, a place not easily found within other lands, I have a particular place you may enjoy. Care for a Parthevian Chicken.. ? Contrary to the name, the dish is not Parthevian, but a few of the ingredients do originate from the land south of us, Parthevia. It is a rarer delicacy we enjoy here within the southern cities of our Reim Republic, south Ibania and Lucania. Anyhow, how should I refer to you, oh Swordking."

Inquired the man, talking with a soft tone, but stern face.

Angelus: "As for why I came to you, would you like to know some more.. ? Here, you can read this book. I have noticed you perhaps are curious of this here novel. It relates to the topic I came to you for. If I say so myself, this novel is quite a story, one unlike those I have read before. Ah, pardon me, you see, my profession is just a tad hard to explain with just a few words, cause truthfully, I do more than just military work. I am far more acquainted with tales of war, but this novel here made me rather curious of what occurred within the past, particularly the past of our beloved Reim. It relates to obscure pagan worshippers known by the term 'witches' who once lived within isolated towns on the border with the Deumania and Gual provinces. It just simply made me ponder on the nature of the 'rukh' and the deities which inhabit our world. Do you like the occult, or well, magic?"

Angelus said to the man during their stroll to a local restaurant and pub that served the local delicacy. Upon coming to the pub, they were to notice a few drunkards dancing happily, half eaten chicken legs within hand. It was then that the soldier was to wrap his self with his light red cloak, outstretching his hand that held the book titled 'Ignis Fatuus' to the magician. As the two men sat, their order was to be taken by the cordial women that helped manage the pub. Angelus did not drink quite often, but for this occasion, he decided to take up one drink, deciding to offer one to Zion too. Anyhow, the soldier was to ensure their faux Parthevian titled dish was ordered to their table, but meanwhile, the two could relax and chat over drinks.

Angelus: "I had heard that there was a student of Magnostadt recently who had recreated the magic from this obscure novel, dubbing the magic I believe, ah, Ignis magic.. ? Yes, that is what he named the magic. I had heard this old book has begun to pick up a second wind now cause of the recreation of Ignis' magic, the deity within this novel. I have to say, the science of magic truly puzzles me, but I am a goi, so I do have my limits. However, I do love myself magic, yknow?"

Rambled the musing man, his face clearly telling to the fact that he was dazzled by magic, but not just magic, but what made magic even plausible, that being the rukh. Angelus' mind veered off into the clouds for a moment, his eyes clearly deep within thought.

OOC Note: So the thread below details what you need to know of the book and Ignis.

Specter of Ignis Info:

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

The refined Reiman soldier made Zion feel a bit uncomfortable. There was a glint of obsession in Angelus' eyes as he handed over the Ignus Fatuus. Zion accepted it and opened up the pages. He had seen books like this before. Well worn form multiple reads. It had been studied thoroughly without a doubt. "I have a very...close relationship, with the rukh. As a magician I naturally enjoy the study of new magic types greatly." Zion said as he red through page after page in quick succession. He closed when the drinks arrived and kept to himself for now. The young magician brought alcohol to his lips unknowingly. Even beneath Zion's bandages one could see him flatten his lips in disgust. The ethics of manners demanded Zion bare with it however and he forced himself to swallow it. The youth would need tome to acquire a taste for drinks of such gravitas

Ahem...I must admit, I've never seen this book before nor have I heard of this magic type. I'm on something of a long journey away from home so I'm afraid I have no idea what the latest interests are in Magnostadt."

Zion passed the book back across the table and smiled politely at Angelus. "I can tell you that the magic described likely uses magic of the first type. But beyond that I can't say as I specialize in third, sixth, and seventh types." Since Angelus professed his love of magic, Zion decided to give him a small display. It would be his repayment for the meal they were about to enjoy. The magician's wand tapped there air twice before tapping his cup. The first tap birthed into being a small globe of light. The second create a soft resonating tone that slowly trailed off like some kind of tuning fork had been struck. The third tap beckoned strength rukh forth to pick up the silver cup and make it float off the table with gravity magic. He let these magics linger for a moment and then fizzle out.

A swift hand snatched the cup from the air just as it lost its magic and began to fall. Zion paused and took another drink. Nope, still gross. The thought was written on his facial expression but he kept his complaints to himself and continued with a large flourish of his wand. As Zion spoke, he drew the vague outline of a fox. "The world of magic is a boundless sea of possibilities. There are many ways to arrive at similar outcomes. For example, if I combine all three of my magic types, I can do this!" Eerie blue flames spewed from the tip of Zion's wand and filled in the space between them with a radiant blue flame construct in the form of an obedient fox sitting on the table. The wooden furniture did not burn and no waves of heat assailed them however. "This is Perfect Illusion magic. It lets me make a solid illusion capable of sound and taking form according to my imagination."

The false ignus fox made a sinister scream before fading away into nothing before Angelus' eyes. "Each magic type has a language and learning the words of that language is how we magicians develop spell formulae to perform magic. Ah, the food is here." Zion's eyes lit up in excitement as the Parthevian Chiken was brought over. The fragrant meat made his mouth water and Zion immediately dug in. The seasonings were just right and the chicken was juicy enough to not need a drink to wet ones throat when eating it. The magician chowed down eagerly, the food nourishment to replenish the magoi he had spent through out the day which had included two coliseum matches. "I dun no mush bout da ockult or wishes." The youth slurred through his food before blushing at his rude behavior and hurried to chew so he could clear his mouth before he started speaking again. "But hearing you speak of this, I can see the passion and ambition you exude when speaking of this magic. They way you hold this book. This ignus magic holds greater importance to you than a mere interest. Let's say I could bring you the real Ignus magic and several magic tools to apply it in different ways. What would you do with them?" Now it was Zion's turn to show off his ferocity as he glared at Angelus with scales for eyes set to weigh the worth of his words.

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

It were to be a lie to say that Angelus had not been captivated by the spectacles this man had put on display with his wand. How beautiful, Angelus thought. If this was magic, then Angelus truly was jealous he had not been born a magician, but his goi heritage was fine too. Angelus had quite the equipment.

It was lucky for him he could still bend the functions of magical tools to his will, but that did require extensive training. It was no park walk just bending the functions of magical tools. Angelus had to be truly comfortable with the preset spell before he could conjure some sort of variation of said spell. However, what this magician did was just marvelous.

If he was an expert of sorts on magic, then Angelus just had to recruit him! It could benefit Reim greatly. Yet, the man was curious about what the clever magician could do regarding the black rukh experiments that Angelus was to conduct. Upon the delectable chicken being plunked right before their very eyes, the magician was to begin to chow down. Angelus had sat there though, just blown by the spectacle of a show, truly fascinated by magic.

However, once the man was to pose the question of what he was to do say he could obtain Ignis magic for real, Angelus was to raise his hand to his chin. It was quite the question, and Angelus had quite the response. In that moment, before he were to bite his own share of chicken, he was to spew his heart out, just a tad.

Angelus: "Hm, well, you see.. I wish to protect Reim from our darkest threats with the magic. It is said to be a flame that burns far more furiously than that of the standard fires. I respect this novel for the fact that Ignis Fatuus punished those who were of malicious hearts. However, that deity has yet to come to our world. I admire the deity, very much so."

Upon the last of those words escaping his black painted lips, he was to bite the leg of his chicken, the flavorful juices coating his tongue.

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Stains of grease now circled the bandages around Zion's mouth as he continued to eat and listened to Angelus respond. Though the magician seemed to be distracted with his eating if one watched his eyes they would know that behind that chicken leg he was observing Angelus carefully. The Reiman patriotism was evident in his first few words. Zion saw no sign this was a lie and felt that Angelus was genuinely driven by a desire to protect his homeland. This much, Zion could relate to. The thought of the Koval Estate left the young magic doll feeling homesick. His masked mentor, Casvallian, and the steward Jericho would surely do their best to keep it out of his enemies hands. This much Zion had faith in. But that did not mean they wouldn't face any hardship doing so. Zion worried that he had been gone too long. But going back was too dangerous right now. For everyone.

The deep feelings in Zion caused him to lower the chicken leg and gaze past Angelus into the depths of his own heart. The moment his eyes caught sight of the change in Angelus' expression however it snapped Zion's focus back onto the reality before him. The second part of the Reiman's answer was delivered as though it were trivial. Uttered with casual discard. But the change in Angelus' eyes could not escape Zion's notice. This man admired a god for punishing maliciousness not for what it had done but for what it could do. That power, Angelus wanted it for himself. Or so Zion felt after seeing the way he had spoken about Ignus Fatuus. Zion smiled beneath the greasy bandages acting as though he had not noticed this grander ambition and stopped eating entirely. "I see that you love your country and have a strong sense of justice." The compliment sounded casual though it touched upon that ambition ever so slightly to probe Angelus for more. "Those with malicious intentions are certainly in need of a culling these days." Zion leaned back in his seat and appeared to settle in comfortably as he maintained a friendly smile.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum